The cigar lounge

zoo22

I have actually been trying to figure out the green drink. Or is that just a lime on top.

Mojito.

I don't know what that carrot's doing in it though...

:plain:

But the buttery Padron (1964?) surely makes up for it.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
It doesn't look like whiskey. Ah well. Martinin's work with cigars also.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Casa Fuente with an incredible mojito and an Ashton VSG Eclipse.

a6cd0807-2b6c-095e.jpg

elohiym

Last evening, the Mrs. and I enjoyed a Padron with a couple bottles of Fat Tire on the back deck. Yes, she smoked again, and enjoyed it. Neither of us got nauseous this time. :D

Now that I've had a chance to pair the cigar with Fat Tire, I don't think it's a great combination (need beer-cigar-combo suggestions). Still haven't tried the Mojito, but I made homemade Mountain Dew, and that was awesome with the Padron. :thumb:

The lesson: Iced Mountain Dew :cheers: + Padron :smokie: = :cloud9:

I thought that after the cigars had a chance to be in the Humi-Zip for over a week that the flavor might be effected in a positive way. To simulate an actual humidor, I would open the Humi-Zip every day or so (humidors are not airtight). The cigar seemed to taste the same as the first time; perhaps there was subtle difference, but I missed it if there was. It would be interesting to try aging in a real humidor to see if I would then taste a difference.

:cheers:

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
After my Ashton VSG I tried the famous Fuente Opus X xXx Belicoso “Power Ranger”. It was REALLY good, not as good as the Ashton VSG but still incredible.

a6cd0a18-b56f-54b1.jpg

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame
Last evening, the Mrs. and I enjoyed a Padron with a couple bottles of Fat Tire on the back deck. Yes, she smoked again, and enjoyed it. Neither of us got nauseous this time. :D

Now that I've had a chance to pair the cigar with Fat Tire, I don't think it's a great combination (need beer-cigar-combo suggestions). Still haven't tried the Mojito, but I made homemade Mountain Dew, and that was awesome with the Padron. :thumb:

The lesson: Iced Mountain Dew :cheers: + Padron :smokie: = :cloud9:

I thought that after the cigars had a chance to be in the Humi-Zip for over a week that the flavor might be effected in a positive way. To simulate an actual humidor, I would open the Humi-Zip every day or so (humidors are not airtight). The cigar seemed to taste the same as the first time; perhaps there was subtle difference, but I missed it if there was. It would be interesting to try aging in a real humidor to see if I would then taste a difference.

:cheers:

I am glad you and the wife enjoyed yourself. I too am not a big beer and cigar fan though Sierra Nevada makes a barleywine ale called "Bigfoot" which is a seasonal product, I do enjoy this style of beer/ale with a cigar and probably because it is sweet.
Humidification has more to do with freshness and overall burn of your stogie than flavor. If you are planning to age a cigar for some months or years you will see a flavor difference as the tobacco's flavor blends and mellows over time a lot like wine. A week or two won't really give you any noticeable difference IMO. Good to see you back.

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame
After my Ashton VSG I tried the famous Fuente Opus X xXx Belicoso “Power Ranger”. It was REALLY good, not as good as the Ashton VSG but still incredible.

a6cd0a18-b56f-54b1.jpg

Your having way to much fun, I can tell. :chuckle:

Enjoy!!

elohiym

I too am not a big beer and cigar fan though Sierra Nevada makes a barleywine ale called "Bigfoot" which is a seasonal product, I do enjoy this style of beer/ale with a cigar and probably because it is sweet.

I'll give "Bigfoot" a try, if I can find it. Thanks.

But I'm going to have homemade Mountain Dew on standby. :D

I may invest in a humidor at some point.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
But I'm going to have homemade Mountain Dew on standby. :D
I think that is a great choice. Anything with lemon and lime will be a great palette cleanser which will help you enjoy each puff of your premium cigar. :up:

I may invest in a humidor at some point.
If you end up enjoying the cigar hobby you will most certainly need one.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Last night we had a little cigar party. Raging fire, homemade mojitos, and several cigars.

I had an Ashton VSG, and another Opus X Belicaso. Other fellas had a variety including Oliva Series V, La Aroma Cubana, Padron, etc.

The whole ordeal was awesome!

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame
Last night we had a little cigar party. Raging fire, homemade mojitos, and several cigars.

I had an Ashton VSG, and another Opus X Belicaso. Other fellas had a variety including Oliva Series V, La Aroma Cubana, Padron, etc.

The whole ordeal was awesome!

Sounds like a blast, wish I could have been there...:cheers:

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
CAO Brazillia. :smokie:

I like maduro's. Speaking of which, the original Rocky Patel was the Indian Tabac line. His Tomahawk maduro is really good, and a great price.

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame
CAO Brazillia. :smokie:

I like maduro's. Speaking of which, the original Rocky Patel was the Indian Tabac line. His Tomahawk maduro is really good, and a great price.

I like the Brazillia it's a good smoke, I have also tried the Indian Tabac cigars too, once anyway. I did not know that was a Rocky though...

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I've been meaning to try some of those. What can you tell me about them?

I think it is a classic maduro, not the later trend of things like 5 Vegas A where they are also peppery. Leathery, good burn-even, lots of smoke which probably also comes from having the humidor not overly humid, and a bit earthy. Just a bit.

Although I do like the peppery (spicy) maduros also.

Last edited: