The cigar lounge

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
In honor of America's last space shuttle launch today, which I was fortunate enough to witness I am having a Padron 1964 Anniversario Torpedo out by the hotel tiki bar. It's a sad ending...:sigh: It truly is the end of an era.
And no better way to celebrate it than with a 1964 Anniversario. :up:

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame
And no better way to celebrate it than with a 1964 Anniversario. :up:

Agreed! I'm just sitting here reflecting on the day, and of our nations future in space. Knight I must have had one of the best seats in the house. I stood atop our umbilical tower which is about 200 FT tall and about 2 miles max down the beach from the launch, it was incredible, you could feel it in your chest as it rumbled away, just amazing...

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame
I think I'm going to make myself a Tanqueray and Tonic and fire up a Ashton VSG. :think:

It's late, and I'm outside by the pool, enjoying a cigar and a drink myself. I love Florida nights, so warm and tropical, I have been trying to talk the wife into moving here someday. :idunno: Maybe...

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Rock Patel Vintage 1990, and Seagrams cut with Dr Pepper. :smokie: It is five o'clock somewhere.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I had a really good cigar today. The Perdomo Reserve La Tradicion Series P. I got this with a sampler so I wasn't expecting much but it was a nice surprise. Perfect draw, great burn, and the flavors were deep and rich. Pretty strong tobacco kick and was good to the very end. Tons of thick white smoke and double puffing was unnecessary as you got plenty of smoke and flavor on each draw.

The only downside at all was a bit of peeling on the wrapper (as you can kinda see in the picture) but that didn't seem to effect the perfect burn and ash of this little gem. I never had to touch it up one bit.

a6cd0c77-f386-e4cc.jpg

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I found a diamond in the rough today. The Gran Habano 2002 Vintage. This thing is dirt cheap! You can get 20 robustos for $39.99. They feature great construction, deep rich cocoa flavors. Lots of thick, chewy white smoke, great draw, and are good all the way to the nub.

Make sure to let these settle in your humidor for a week or two.

Excellent smoke. :up:

Here's a picture of it.

a6cd8d17-81f3-1176.jpg

vegascowboy

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
PIPE TOBACCO moment...

The other day I tried Samuel Gawith 1792 (flake). It is an English blend. I'd heard a lot about it, but had never tried it for some reason.

I'm glad I did! Full-bodied, thick, chocolatey smoke. Intense but pleasant.

Smoked in my new corncob pipe...

vegascowboy

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
How many of you cigar smokers have smoked a My Father #1? Other than the Padron Anniversario series My Father's are the best! They are amazing!!!

You have to get some and I mean RIGHT NOW!!!!!

JR's has the best deal by far on a 5 pack.
http://www.jrcigars.com/jr/index.cfm/hurl/evt=itemDetail/itemcode=MF15

mf1.jpg

:BillyBob:

Gee, Knight. Thanks for making me have to run out and look for one! :plain:

Speaking of great cigar places...I visited a friend in Salt Lake not too long ago, and he took me to a place called the Tinder Box. I think it's a chain, but they had a HUGE selection. It was better than anything I've ever seen in Las Vegas strangely enough. We got a couple of Padrons and headed to the mountains to sit out in the cold and enjoy a nice smoke. It was very cold and quiet and the mountains were the perfect setting for a good smoke and a few shots of Jameson. :thumb:

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame
How many of you cigar smokers have smoked a My Father #1? Other than the Padron Anniversario series My Father's are the best! They are amazing!!!

You have to get some and I mean RIGHT NOW!!!!!

JR's has the best deal by far on a 5 pack.
http://www.jrcigars.com/jr/index.cfm/hurl/evt=itemDetail/itemcode=MF15

mf1.jpg

:BillyBob:

I'm going to get a few of these but, tonight I am going to have a Brickhouse with an Irish coffee made with Jamison. Thanks Vegas you got me craving now. :D

vegascowboy

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I'm going to get a few of these but, tonight I am going to have a Brickhouse with an Irish coffee made with Jamison. Thanks Vegas you got me craving now. :D

No problem! We cowpokes (with Irish ancestry) are always good for drinking suggestions...and biscuits!

rainee

When I first read this, I thought "Patron!"

Which is my favorite Tequila, and for two seconds, I figured we finally had something in common.

Not so, but . . .

I wonder how a Padron would go with a Patron or two?

Nang

I am glad to see you here, Nang!

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame