Maricopa county ballot audit begins today

Arthur Brain

I’ve been giving examples of your double standards. Why do I need to always give more than I’ve given already? That’s a double standard right there, as you don’t require it of yourself. I’ll wager you have never said, “Don’t believe what I’ve written, unless I provide more evidence than I have, and tomorrow more than today.” So I don’t have to look far for that.

Re. Russia collusion, are you saying I need to provide a quote from you saying you have tangible evidence he colluded with the Russians, because Robert Mueller never found any. Apparently you should have taken Mueller’s place. Or are you saying you really do need tangible evidence, and therefore you reject any Russia collusion accusations?
No you haven't, at all. You accused me of something that isn't true else provide quotes to the contrary. Falsely accusing someone is an actual form of trolling Derf so either step up to the plate and prove your assertion or quit lying. If you think I'm interested in talking about Russia until you do then think again.

Derf

No you haven't, at all. You accused me of something that isn't true else provide quotes to the contrary. Falsely accusing someone is an actual form of trolling Derf so either step up to the plate and prove your assertion or quit lying. If you think I'm interested in talking about Russia until you do then think again.
So you do think lying is a problem? So you agree with me that when The Hill or any other source says Ben Cotton said the files were not deleted, and he didn’t say that, that they could have been lying, or “bearing false witness”? And if you repeated that information but have not reversed your statement after Cotton has clarified, then do you believe you are bearing false witness?

Arthur Brain

So you do think lying is a problem? So you agree with me that when The Hill or any other source says Ben Cotton said the files were not deleted, and he didn’t say that, that they could have been lying, or “bearing false witness”? And if you repeated that information but have not reversed your statement after Cotton has clarified, then do you believe you are bearing false witness?
No, I don't agree with you, at all. Your focus on Cotton is yours alone and nothing to do with your accusations towards me. Not interested.

Derf

No, I don't agree with you, at all. Your focus on Cotton is yours alone and nothing to do with your accusations towards me. Not interested.
Why are you here, then? You've just said you don't agree that news organization NEED to tell the truth, yet you think The Gateway Pundit is somehow at fault for when you think they don't. Just what is your standard, Brain? And what are you looking to get people to do with your posts?

Based your statement, that you don't agree with me "at all" when I asked about news outlets that weren't telling the truth, I can't believe anything YOU say, either. You have no integrity, and you've just admitted it, and the only goal you seem to have is to get people to agree with you in your lack of standards for truth. Congratulations on your honesty about not requiring honesty.

Troll Hypocrisy to beat all Troll Hypocrisies.

Arthur Brain

Why are you here, then? You've just said you don't agree that news organization NEED to tell the truth, yet you think The Gateway Pundit is somehow at fault for when you think they don't. Just what is your standard, Brain? And what are you looking to get people to do with your posts?

Based your statement, that you don't agree with me "at all" when I asked about news outlets that weren't telling the truth, I can't believe anything YOU say, either. You have no integrity, and you've just admitted it, and the only goal you seem to have is to get people to agree with you in your lack of standards for truth. Congratulations on your honesty about not requiring honesty.

Troll Hypocrisy to beat all Troll Hypocrisies.
All I'm looking for from you at the minute is some substantiation for your accusations in regards to Trump and Russia and how I have apparent double standards that you expressly stated on that score. You brought it up, you back it up or your subsequent ongoing can just be dismissed. It's easy enough to fling names around Derf, call people trolls and the like. The onus is on you to back your accusations up.

Gary K

Banned
AB's answer is predictable. We have a large proportion of the population of the earth incapable of telling the truth. The Bible predicted this 2000+ years ago.

Romans 1:28 And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;
29 Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers,
30 Backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents,
31 Without understanding, covenantbreakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful:
32 Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them.

This description now fits a large percentage of the world's population.

Arthur Brain

AB's answer is predictable. We have a large proportion of the population of the earth incapable of telling the truth. The Bible predicted this 2000+ years ago.

This description now fits a large percentage of the world's population.
So, if I say that I reckon your posts are chock full of conspiracy laden theories that have no foundation in actual fact, am I telling the truth?

Derf

All I'm looking for from you at the minute is some substantiation for your accusations in regards to Trump and Russia and how I have apparent double standards that you expressly stated on that score. You brought it up, you back it up or your subsequent ongoing can just be dismissed. It's easy enough to fling names around Derf, call people trolls and the like. The onus is on you to back your accusations up.
I'm at a loss how else to communicate this to you. I swear I thought that you actually could communicate in English, but maybe it's a one-way filter. See if this appropriately named movie clip can help you understand my frustration:

Derf

Thanks ffree. It baffles me, but I guess that's what a depraved mind looks like.

Just for a review:

I'm accusing Brain of passing on information about Ben Cotton that was false, was confirmed to be false by Cotton himself, after I had showed him why it was false, but he insists it has nothing to do with him.

I can only assume that he does not understand that bearing false witness is about giving false information about someone or something when you know better. But it isn't that difficult. Therefore I agree with your depraved mind assessment, though I wish it weren't so.

Arthur Brain

I'm at a loss how else to communicate this to you. I swear I thought that you actually could communicate in English, but maybe it's a one-way filter. See if this appropriately named movie clip can help you understand my frustration:
How about you just substantiate your accusation? Should be easy enough if you've got the goods.

Arthur Brain

Thanks ffree. It baffles me, but I guess that's what a depraved mind looks like.

Just for a review:

I'm accusing Brain of passing on information about Ben Cotton that was false, was confirmed to be false by Cotton himself, after I had showed him why it was false, but he insists it has nothing to do with him.

I can only assume that he does not understand that bearing false witness is about giving false information about someone or something when you know better. But it isn't that difficult. Therefore I agree with your depraved mind assessment, though I wish it weren't so.
Um, no. Your initial accusation in regards to me revolved around how I apparently had no misgivings surrounding Trump/Russian collusion etc. Please keep track. Or try to.

Or just carry on acting like a juvenile, up to you.

Last edited:

Derf

Um, no. Your initial accusation in regards to me revolved around how I apparently had no misgivings surrounding Trump/Russian collusion etc. Please keep track. Or try to.
So you did give some appearance of misgivings? I think it would be much easier for you to prove me wrong than for me to prove a negative. To help you, here's my negative statement that has you so up in arms:
Again, you judge based on your own opinions. My opinions are just as valid, if that’s what we’re going by. But it’s not. Eventually truth will prevail, just like it did on the Russia collusion thing—for which you never, ever, demanded any “tangible” evidence. Why are your standards so tight against the audit, when so loose regarding bearing false witness against the leader of our country?

Your standards are your own, and you can’t even live up to them. You’re trolling yourself, and you can’t see it.
To put to rest the argument about your opinion about misgivings about Trump/Russia collusion, all you have to do is show a post where you demanded 'any "tangible" evidence' that it was true, in opposition to the MSM deluge of information about it. I admit I stuck my neck out on that one, so you have a chance to show me I was wrong. I can take it...go ahead.

Note, however, that the problem I was pointing out was your standards, which I said you can't even live up to. My example was your negative opinion of The Gateway Pundit, versus your positive opinion of more "liberal" media sources regarding the data files that had been deleted, but which your media sources had erroneously claimed Ben Cotton had admitted weren't deleted. This is the thing that you have now said has nothing to do with you. And the links are there, if you want to show me I'm wrong on this as well.

Arthur Brain

So you did give some appearance of misgivings? I think it would be much easier for you to prove me wrong than for me to prove a negative. To help you, here's my negative statement that has you so up in arms:

To put to rest the argument about your opinion about misgivings about Trump/Russia collusion, all you have to do is show a post where you demanded 'any "tangible" evidence' that it was true, in opposition to the MSM deluge of information about it. I admit I stuck my neck out on that one, so you have a chance to show me I was wrong. I can take it...go ahead.

Note, however, that the problem I was pointing out was your standards, which I said you can't even live up to. My example was your negative opinion of The Gateway Pundit, versus your positive opinion of more "liberal" media sources regarding the data files that had been deleted, but which your media sources had erroneously claimed Ben Cotton had admitted weren't deleted. This is the thing that you have now said has nothing to do with you. And the links are there, if you want to show me I'm wrong on this as well.
The onus is on you to prove your accusation Derf. Nobody else, just you.

Heck, how can I be more blunt where it comes to Trump than I have been already?

Just for clarity:

I consider Trump to be the most embarrassing, inept, ego driven travesty that's ever sat in the Oval office.

That being said, I do not condone any sort of falsity against anyone - including Trump.

PS: TGP is a joke. That hasn't changed.

Derf

The onus is on you to prove your accusation Derf. Nobody else, just you.

Heck, how can I be more blunt where it comes to Trump than I have been already?

Just for clarity:

I consider Trump to be the most embarrassing, inept, ego driven travesty that's ever sat in the Oval office.

That being said, I do not condone any sort of falsity against anyone - including Trump.

PS: TGP is a joke. That hasn't changed.
If you don't condone any falsity against anyone, then why won't you admit The Hill and others reported falsely what Cotton said about the deleted files? There were files. They were in a deleted state. Cotton and his team (or just himself, idk) were able to recover them. This doesn't mean the files were maliciously deleted, nor that they were not supposed to be deleted (idk about that, either). But your sources were incorrect about the files, and they used Cotton's own words deceptively to support their false assertion that the files were not deleted.

By the way, I did some searches and I will concede that I can't find any statement about Trump and Russia collusion from you, either positive or negative. This surprised me, but my statement is still correct, at least so far as TOL (and my ability to define a proper search) goes:
Again, you judge based on your own opinions. My opinions are just as valid, if that’s what we’re going by. But it’s not. Eventually truth will prevail, just like it did on the Russia collusion thing—for which you never, ever, demanded any “tangible” evidence. Why are your standards so tight against the audit, when so loose regarding bearing false witness against the leader of our country?

Your standards are your own, and you can’t even live up to them. You’re trolling yourself, and you can’t see it.
Nevertheless, your point is valid. I'll go delete that part about you not demanding tangible evidence.

The rest is still applicable.

Arthur Brain

If you don't condone any falsity against anyone, then why won't you admit The Hill and others reported falsely what Cotton said about the deleted files? There were files. They were in a deleted state. Cotton and his team (or just himself, idk) were able to recover them. This doesn't mean the files were maliciously deleted, nor that they were not supposed to be deleted (idk about that, either). But your sources were incorrect about the files, and they used Cotton's own words deceptively to support their false assertion that the files were not deleted.

By the way, I did some searches and I will concede that I can't find any statement about Trump and Russia collusion from you, either positive or negative. This surprised me, but my statement is still correct, at least so far as TOL (and my ability to define a proper search) goes:

Nevertheless, your point is valid. I'll go delete that part about you not demanding tangible evidence.

The rest is still applicable.
Okay, firstly, thanks for the acknowledgement regarding Trump/Russia and with regards to these supposedly deleted files then the main point of argument seems to be that there was something underhand or even illegal about this even if true. That hasn't been established, conclusively at any rate and even Cotton is on record for saying it's moot because all data was recoverable. Wasn't so much a case of files being deleted but auditors simply looking for them in the wrong place. I've searched to for more information in regards to Cotton and there's very little to find in regards to this. There's plenty OTOH to show wild allegations of unsubstantiated fraud and even shouts of illegal behaviour on behalf of Maricopa county and it's beyond the pale. It's getting more bonkers as it goes on.