Maricopa county ballot audit begins today

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
"Local gossip" about a murder is called "circumstantial evidence". It's not sufficient for conviction, nor is it to be trusted by itself, but it can lead to a conviction if other evidence is found during the investigation. That's why you need an investigation (audit)--because the evidence (made up of circumstantial and other types) suggest that fraudulent activity has occurred in the commission of an election crime.

Thus, your standards of irrefutable evidence lead to the audit, which you call "ridiculous". That means you are calling your standards ridiculous, which is exactly what I've been saying--you're a hypocrite.

I'm glad we're in agreement.
🤣

Derf

Just like baseless allegations of fraud and misconduct don't count either. This audit didn't come about because of anything substantial or meaningful in terms of proper concerns regarding possible chicanery. It's a complete farce that I've maintained from the get go, from Trump's ridiculous claims on election night and ongoing. So how have my standards in any way 'changed' exactly?
In one sense your standards haven’t changed, and that’s where you require more in terms of evidence of those you disagree with than you’re willing to supply yourself, or to require of those you listen to. That’s a form of confirmation bias, and we all do it to some extent.

But confirmation bias is a form of constantly changing standards—what you do not allowed to your opponents, you cling to yourself, so your standards change about every post or two, requiring in one post “irrefutable evidence”, while not expecting it of yourself in the next (or same) post. Thus you propagate falsehoods in the name of fact-checking. As do many of your sources. And you still don’t require irrefutable evidence of them.

I might add that refuted evidence is much worse to offer, which you’ve done, while refutable evidence is perfectly ok to start with. That’s why we have a court system that hears both sides, usually, though “lack of standing” is a way of saying, “I don’t need to hear both sides.”

Derf

Try a different tack because this one isn't working for you, not that any other sort will either.
This is a sad commentary, and with it my mission with this discussion is complete.

It’s not always for the addressee that a post is written, but in this case, it was. Because I feel like you are intelligent, I was hoping to show you how you’ve gone wrong, in hopes of some sort of repentance. Now you’re telling me not to hope for such.

I’ve answered a fool according to his folly. Now it’s time to not answer a fool according to his folly.

Arthur Brain

In one sense your standards haven’t changed, and that’s where you require more in terms of evidence of those you disagree with than you’re willing to supply yourself, or to require of those you listen to. That’s a form of confirmation bias, and we all do it to some extent.

But confirmation bias is a form of constantly changing standards—what you do not allowed to your opponents, you cling to yourself, so your standards change about every post or two, requiring in one post “irrefutable evidence”, while not expecting it of yourself in the next (or same) post. Thus you propagate falsehoods in the name of fact-checking. As do many of your sources. And you still don’t require irrefutable evidence of them.

I might add that refuted evidence is much worse to offer, which you’ve done, while refutable evidence is perfectly ok to start with. That’s why we have a court system that hears both sides, usually, though “lack of standing” is a way of saying, “I don’t need to hear both sides.”
They haven't changed at all Derf. Sure, we all have some sort of bias but that needs to be tempered with rationality. For example, I wasn't a fan of Trump winning the election in 2016. However, he did. I'd have been no fan of the opposition attempting to cry 'foul' or promote pointless allegations of chicanery or fraud and the like. Thankfully, they didn't. Clinton conceded the results and that was that.

That's what it should have been with the last election as well. There was no foundation for any of these pointless and baseless assertions of fraud and such. Allegations themselves can be given short shrift when there's no base to them. That's what's happened.

Arthur Brain

This is a sad commentary, and with it my mission with this discussion is complete.

It’s not always for the addressee that a post is written, but in this case, it was. Because I feel like you are intelligent, I was hoping to show you how you’ve gone wrong, in hopes of some sort of repentance. Now you’re telling me not to hope for such.

I’ve answered a fool according to his folly. Now it’s time to not answer a fool according to his folly.
Well, that wasn't egotistical or patronising at all...

Still, your call though I'd choose a better mission next time as well as ways of coordinating it.

Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
AB, I'd gladly give the Democrats a full investigation into the January 6th incident with no obstructionism if the Democrats would give the Republicans a full investigation into potential voter fraud with no obstructionism. Full transparency from both sides. Sounds like a Democrat's nightmare doesn't it?

Arthur Brain

AB, I'd gladly give the Democrats a full investigation into the January 6th incident with no obstructionism if the Democrats would give the Republicans a full investigation into potential voter fraud with no obstructionism. Full transparency from both sides. Sounds like a Democrat's nightmare doesn't it?
What happened on Jan 6th is already on record and many of those responsible for the events arrested. Not really any need for transparency, it was see through as it was. The same with these fraud allegations. They're baseless, embarrassing even to many Republicans but these 'investigations' are still being allowed aren't they?

Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
What happened on Jan 6th is already on record and many of those responsible for the events arrested. Not really any need for transparency, it was see through as it was. The same with these fraud allegations. They're baseless, embarrassing even to many Republicans but these 'investigations' are still being allowed aren't they?
I think if this transparency trade were offered, the Republicans would jump at it and the Democrats would reject it. Don't you agree?

Gary K

Banned
An update to the Maricopa County audit.

So far 6 states have sent delegations to the audit to see how it is being done: Georgia, Pennsylvania, Nevada, Alaska, Wisconsin, and Virginia. It's now been announced that nine more states are going to be sending delegations to learn how to audit their elections too.

Derf

An update to the Maricopa County audit.

So far 6 states have sent delegations to the audit to see how it is being done: Georgia, Pennsylvania, Nevada, Alaska, Wisconsin, and Virginia. It's now been announced that nine more states are going to be sending delegations to learn how to audit their elections too.

It certainly indicates that having the person in charge of the election mechanizations is NOT the person to oversee the audit--and legislatures across the country are waking up to that fact, thankfully.

Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Wow! Arizona state senator to the federal DOJ: "Touch Arizona machines and go to Arizona prisons!"

marke

Sadly, the wicked who conspired to disrupt the Jan 6 Congressional hearings on voter fraud succeeded in disrupting those hearings and blaming the disruption on Trump supporters. Lying devils are getting away with murder, insurrection, and willful destruction of America as a God-fearing nation of free and civilized people.

Arthur Brain

Sadly, the wicked who conspired to disrupt the Jan 6 Congressional hearings on voter fraud succeeded in disrupting those hearings and blaming the disruption on Trump supporters. Lying devils are getting away with murder, insurrection, and willful destruction of America as a God-fearing nation of free and civilized people.
The blame squarely lies with the MAGA crowd as evidenced with the arrests. They were hardly 'civilized' people.

marke

No, it's based on factual evidence but I can see how you confuse the two.
You don't have evidence or you would explain how hundreds of thousands of unverified ballots for Biden could have been counted when they did not have the required chain-of-custody documents and were counted in the absence of required oversight by poll watchers. Hundreds of thousands of undocumented ballots for Biden suddenly showed up late at night after polls closed and were counted in the absence of required observers, miraculously flipping the election from Trump to Biden.