Jesus is God.

marhig

No! The Word became flesh by indwelling a body prepared for Him. The Word of God was not a Spirit, nor was He the Son of God. He was that part of God that gave substance to His Spirit. . . . not unlike your lips give substance to your spirit. The Word was a Glorified Body the form of which man's image testifies as being like it. Adam was created with His form; in His likeness.. Jesus was born with the same form and likeness..

I believe Christ was and is a spirit, just like you and I have a spirit but I do believe that he was anointed of God by his spirit strengthening him when he was in the flesh.

I don't believe that Jesus is God, he is the son of God

Last edited:

Elia

I believe Christ was and is a spirit, just like you and I have a spirit but I do believe that he was anointed of God by his spirit strengthening him when he was in the flesh.

Bs"d

Just don't believe he was/is God or divine, and don't worship him, and you won't be an idol worshipper.

By the way, he was also not the messiah, because he didn't fulfil the messianic prophecies.

"O Y-H-W-H, my strength and my fortress, my refuge in the day of affliction, the Gentiles shall come to You from the ends of the earth and say, 'Surely our fathers have inherited lies, worthlessness and unprofitable things.' Will a man make gods for himself, which are not gods?"
Jeremiah 16:19

Cross Reference

Christ is NOT a Spirit. Christ a Title. Nor is Jesus anylonger earthbound but a Glorified Human being to be forever known as ". . . . Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace." Isaiah 9:6 (KJV) Now, does that sound like He is anylonger, the Son of anyone?

Until you get that part of your thinking corrected you will never be able to "connect the dots".

Question: Do you consider yourself to be "Born Again"?

Elia

Christ is NOT a Spirit. Christ a Title. Nor is Jesus anylonger earthbound but a Glorified Human being to be forever known as ". . . . Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace." Isaiah 9:6 (KJV)

Bs"d

Isaiah 9 is of course not about that carpenter.

Isaiah 9:2-7 "2 The people who walked in darkness have seen a great light; those who dwelt in a land of deep darkness, on them has light shined. 3 Thou hast multiplied the nation, thou hast increased its joy; they rejoice before thee as with joy at the harvest, as men rejoice when they divide the spoil. 4 For the yoke of his burden, and the staff for his shoulder, the rod of his oppressor, thou hast broken as on the day of Mid'ian. 5 For every boot of the tramping warrior in battle tumult and every garment rolled in blood will be burned as fuel for the fire. 6 For to us a child is born, to us a son is given; and the government will be upon his shoulder, and his name will be called "Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace". 7 Of the increase of his government and of peace there will be no end, upon the throne of David, and over his kingdom, to establish it, and to uphold it with justice and with righteousness from this time forth and for evermore. The zeal of the LORD of hosts will do this."
Please take notice of the fact that Isaiah is talking in the past tense: "The people who walked in darkness have seen a great light; those who dwelt in a land of deep darkness, on them has light shined.|

"For to us a child is born, to us a son is given; and the government is upon his shoulder, and his name was called "Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace."

These are things which had happened already in the days of Isaiah.

If, despite these facts, you still want to apply these verses to JC, than read verse 5, 6, and 7, and see that JC didn't do any of those things. He never ruled on the throne of David, he never had any government on his shoulders, and there never was endless peace over his kingdom.

The same holds true for the verses 6 and 7: "For to us a child is born, to us a son is given; and the government will be upon his shoulder, and his name will be called "Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace". 7 Of the increase of his government and of peace there will be no end, upon the throne of David, and over his kingdom, to establish it, and to uphold it with justice and with righteousness from this time forth and for evermore. The zeal of the LORD of hosts will do this."

All of this doesn't hold true for JC; he never had any government on his shoulder. And also here is spoken in the past tense: "A child is born, a son is given. But most translations give it in the future tense. For instance the RSV, NIV, NAS, ESV, KJV, NIRV, the all say; "His name will be called ....", future tense. However, in the Hebrew text this too is past tense: "His name was called ...." The Hebrew expression here is "wayikra". That is the first word in the book of Leviticus. And all the previously mentioned translations there say: "And the Lord called Mozes ..." Past tense. Exactly the same the word. Isn't that weird? Exactly the same word is used in Genesis 5:1; "And God called the light 'day'" Called. Past tense. Nobody argues with that one. But why then, in Isaiah 9, is it suddenly changed to future tense? The answer is simple: The past tense doesn't fit with the Christian theology, and therefore the Bible translations are corrupted and twisted to fit the Christian religion. Just like that. There is only one solution for this problem: Take a course in Biblical Hebrew. It is more easy then it looks. Then your eyes will be opened and the Christian deception will stare you in the face. And yes, I do sympathize with the poor misguided Christians whom are being led astray by their clergy by means of twisted and corrupted Bible translations. That's the reason why I fulfill my duty of being a light unto the nations and uncovering the Christian deception.
"Of the increase of his government and of peace there will be no end" "There will be no end", future tense. And this too is WRONG. It is in the Hebrew present tense. I found only one translation which is correct here, and that is Young's Literal Translation.

Why all this stress on the tenses? Isaiah spoke about a king who was living in his days, and therefore JC is out. The king that Isaiah speaks about is Hezekiah, the son of Achaz who got from Isaiah the sign about the young woman (no, not the virgin) who was pregnant and gave birth to the son Immanuel.
The Talmud explains that under the rule of the God fearing Hezekiah the Jewish kingdom rose to great heights, and that's why he was entitled to those impressive titles.

Because of the fact that the name of the son is "Mighty God", (or "God is Mighty", both are possible translations) and "Eternals Father", the Christians deduce that the boy spoken about must have been God.
HOWEVER, a name is only that; a name. A name is not a description of the bearer of that name. An example: Buffalo Bill was not a buffalo. The indian chief Sitting Bull was not a bull.
Many times people in the Bible have in their name the word "God", or the name of God, but that doesn't mean that those people are God. For instance; in Exodus 6:23 is spoken about a man called "Elazar". That means "God is helper", or "Helping God". But that doesn't mean that that man was God.
Exodus 6:24; "Elkanah", that means "God acquired", or "acquiring God". II Samuel 22:19; "Elchanan"; "God is merciful", or "Merciful God". But these men were not God, just like the the child in Isaiah 9 wasn't God.

Apart from that, the Hebrew words "El gibor", in Christian Bibles translated with "Mighty God", can have a different meaning. "El" can mean "God", but it can also mean "judge", "leader", or "mighty man". In Exodus 4:16 God says to Moses that he will be of an elohiem for his brother Aharon. ("elohim" is the longer form of the word "el") This doesn't mean that Moses was a God for Aharon and Aharon started to worship his brother, it meant that Moses would be the leader of Aharon.
In Exodus 21:1-6 is spoken about a slave who after the normal period of servitude ended, doesn't want to leave his master. In that case the owner has to take him to court, where the slave will make a statement that he doesn't want to leave his master, and that he will serve his master until his death. The Hebrew text there says that his master must take him to the "elohim". There the NAS, ASV, ESV, NRSV, RSV, YLT, they all say that his master must take him "to God". However, his master doesn't take him for a ride to heaven, but takes him to the courthouse. Therefore the NIV, KJV, TNIV, and the NIRV, they all say that the master must take him to "the judges".

Even so in Isaiah 9 the word "El" does not necessarily mean "God". Therefore the text in Isaiah 9 is in no way a proof that the child spoken about was God.

"For all people will walk every one in the name of his god, and we will walk in the name of Y-H-W-H our God for ever and ever."
Micah 4:5

Cross Reference

Bs"d

Isaiah 9 is of course not about that carpenter.

Isaiah 9:2-7 "2 The people who walked in darkness have seen a great light; those who dwelt in a land of deep darkness, on them has light shined. 3 Thou hast multiplied the nation, thou hast increased its joy; they rejoice before thee as with joy at the harvest, as men rejoice when they divide the spoil. 4 For the yoke of his burden, and the staff for his shoulder, the rod of his oppressor, thou hast broken as on the day of Mid'ian. 5 For every boot of the tramping warrior in battle tumult and every garment rolled in blood will be burned as fuel for the fire. 6 For to us a child is born, to us a son is given; and the government will be upon his shoulder, and his name will be called "Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace". 7 Of the increase of his government and of peace there will be no end, upon the throne of David, and over his kingdom, to establish it, and to uphold it with justice and with righteousness from this time forth and for evermore. The zeal of the LORD of hosts will do this."
Please take notice of the fact that Isaiah is talking in the past tense: "The people who walked in darkness have seen a great light; those who dwelt in a land of deep darkness, on them has light shined.|

"For to us a child is born, to us a son is given; and the government is upon his shoulder, and his name was called "Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace."

These are things which had happened already in the days of Isaiah.

If, despite these facts, you still want to apply these verses to JC, than read verse 5, 6, and 7, and see that JC didn't do any of those things. He never ruled on the throne of David, he never had any government on his shoulders, and there never was endless peace over his kingdom.

The same holds true for the verses 6 and 7: "For to us a child is born, to us a son is given; and the government will be upon his shoulder, and his name will be called "Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace". 7 Of the increase of his government and of peace there will be no end, upon the throne of David, and over his kingdom, to establish it, and to uphold it with justice and with righteousness from this time forth and for evermore. The zeal of the LORD of hosts will do this."

All of this doesn't hold true for JC; he never had any government on his shoulder. And also here is spoken in the past tense: "A child is born, a son is given. But most translations give it in the future tense. For instance the RSV, NIV, NAS, ESV, KJV, NIRV, the all say; "His name will be called ....", future tense. However, in the Hebrew text this too is past tense: "His name was called ...." The Hebrew expression here is "wayikra". That is the first word in the book of Leviticus. And all the previously mentioned translations there say: "And the Lord called Mozes ..." Past tense. Exactly the same the word. Isn't that weird? Exactly the same word is used in Genesis 5:1; "And God called the light 'day'" Called. Past tense. Nobody argues with that one. But why then, in Isaiah 9, is it suddenly changed to future tense? The answer is simple: The past tense doesn't fit with the Christian theology, and therefore the Bible translations are corrupted and twisted to fit the Christian religion. Just like that. There is only one solution for this problem: Take a course in Biblical Hebrew. It is more easy then it looks. Then your eyes will be opened and the Christian deception will stare you in the face. And yes, I do sympathize with the poor misguided Christians whom are being led astray by their clergy by means of twisted and corrupted Bible translations. That's the reason why I fulfill my duty of being a light unto the nations and uncovering the Christian deception.
"Of the increase of his government and of peace there will be no end" "There will be no end", future tense. And this too is WRONG. It is in the Hebrew present tense. I found only one translation which is correct here, and that is Young's Literal Translation.

Why all this stress on the tenses? Isaiah spoke about a king who was living in his days, and therefore JC is out. The king that Isaiah speaks about is Hezekiah, the son of Achaz who got from Isaiah the sign about the young woman (no, not the virgin) who was pregnant and gave birth to the son Immanuel.
The Talmud explains that under the rule of the God fearing Hezekiah the Jewish kingdom rose to great heights, and that's why he was entitled to those impressive titles.

Because of the fact that the name of the son is "Mighty God", (or "God is Mighty", both are possible translations) and "Eternals Father", the Christians deduce that the boy spoken about must have been God.
HOWEVER, a name is only that; a name. A name is not a description of the bearer of that name. An example: Buffalo Bill was not a buffalo. The indian chief Sitting Bull was not a bull.
Many times people in the Bible have in their name the word "God", or the name of God, but that doesn't mean that those people are God. For instance; in Exodus 6:23 is spoken about a man called "Elazar". That means "God is helper", or "Helping God". But that doesn't mean that that man was God.
Exodus 6:24; "Elkanah", that means "God acquired", or "acquiring God". II Samuel 22:19; "Elchanan"; "God is merciful", or "Merciful God". But these men were not God, just like the the child in Isaiah 9 wasn't God.

Apart from that, the Hebrew words "El gibor", in Christian Bibles translated with "Mighty God", can have a different meaning. "El" can mean "God", but it can also mean "judge", "leader", or "mighty man". In Exodus 4:16 God says to Moses that he will be of an elohiem for his brother Aharon. ("elohim" is the longer form of the word "el") This doesn't mean that Moses was a God for Aharon and Aharon started to worship his brother, it meant that Moses would be the leader of Aharon.
In Exodus 21:1-6 is spoken about a slave who after the normal period of servitude ended, doesn't want to leave his master. In that case the owner has to take him to court, where the slave will make a statement that he doesn't want to leave his master, and that he will serve his master until his death. The Hebrew text there says that his master must take him to the "elohim". There the NAS, ASV, ESV, NRSV, RSV, YLT, they all say that his master must take him "to God". However, his master doesn't take him for a ride to heaven, but takes him to the courthouse. Therefore the NIV, KJV, TNIV, and the NIRV, they all say that the master must take him to "the judges".

Even so in Isaiah 9 the word "El" does not necessarily mean "God". Therefore the text in Isaiah 9 is in no way a proof that the child spoken about was God.

"For all people will walk every one in the name of his god, and we will walk in the name of Y-H-W-H our God for ever and ever."
Micah 4:5

Wow! That is pretty good thinking for a "box of rocks". How did you do that?

6days

The Son of God didn't do any creating.
Col. 1
"15The Son is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation. 16For in him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things have been created through him and for him. 17He is before all things, and in him all things hold together. 18And he is the head of the body, the church; he is the beginning and the firstborn from among the dead, so that in everything he might have the supremacy. 19For God was pleased to have all his fullness dwell in him, 20and through him to reconcile to himself all things, whether things on earth or things in heaven, by making peace through his blood, shed on the cross.
CrossReference said:
The Word of God, did. He was NOT God's Son but the very expression of the Heart of God, who is Spirit.
Son of man, Son of God, Last Adam, Jehovah, I AM, Jesus.....There are many names to describe God.
Cross Reference said:
BTW" Since we know the Word of God took on human flesh, who should we say is coming again in "clouds of Glory"? . . and why that title?
Jesus, King of kings, Lord of Lords, the Son of God, Almighty God.

Cross Reference

Col. 1
"15The Son is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation. 16For in him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things have been created through him and for him. 17He is before all things, and in him all things hold together. 18And he is the head of the body, the church; he is the beginning and the firstborn from among the dead, so that in everything he might have the supremacy. 19For God was pleased to have all his fullness dwell in him, 20and through him to reconcile to himself all things, whether things on earth or things in heaven, by making peace through his blood, shed on the cross.
Son of man, Son of God, Last Adam, Jehovah, I AM, Jesus.....There are many names to describe God.
Jesus, King of kings, Lord of Lords, the Son of God, Almighty God.

And you are 1,000,000,000,0000,0000, , etc,etc., adnausm son born in the image of your Father. . if you are born again. You must bring together the Word of God and the human Jesus in order to grasp how you and I fit to God's thinking when heirs of Him is what He has mind.

So, if you go the route you have chosen you will never undertstand anything beyond getting saved.

lifeisgood

I honor Jesus by obeying him, which IS OBEYING GOD THE FATHER.

You, gt, are ONEness; therefore, your statement is false.

Do you, gt, obey Jesus in EVERYTHING/ANYTHING? I'll answer for you. No, you don't gt, because you, yourself, has said that there are things Jesus commanded that you, gt, cannot OBEY, such as sell everything you have; go preach in Jerusalem, Judea, Samaria, without taking anything in your purse, etc.

Your boasting of your obeying, gt, is getting in the way of His obeying which is the only obeying that count. If you are found 'in Him' you are obeying Him.

You are a DISobedient servant, gt, boasting of all your obeying that you cannot obey. Go figure.

If you want to boast, gt, boast only about the Lord and His finished work on the Cross of Calvary.

God's Truth

Jesus wasn't even born.... Go back to sleep.

How ignorant of you. God MADE THE PLAN of salvation to be through the BODY OF CHRIST, before He made the world and everything.

God made the plan of salvation to be through the body of Jesus the Christ, and then God made the world THROUGH THAT BODY.

Wake up.

God's Truth

How sad that people such as Cross Reference do not even know the scriptures about Jesus being a mystery but being the one by whom EVERYTHING was created.

Don't fall for the foul language and insulting way of those in falseness, those such as Cross Reference, and John W., those who think think their rough talk is proof of truthfulness.

God's Truth

Bs"d

"You saw no form of any kind the day Y-H-W-H spoke to you at Horeb out of the fire. Therefore watch yourselves very carefully, so that you do not become corrupt and make for yourselves an idol, an image of any shape, whether formed like a man or a woman, or like any animal on earth or any bird that flies in the air, or like any creature that moves along the ground or any fish in the waters below. And when you look up to the sky and see the sun, the moon and the stars—all the heavenly array—do not be enticed into bowing down to them and worshiping things Y-H-W-H your God has apportioned to all the nations under heaven."
Deut 4:15-19

Worshipping a dead carpenter is IDOLATRY!!!

Jesus' Spirit is the Spirit of God, he says the flesh counts for nothing.

John 6:36 The Spirit gives life; the flesh counts for nothing. The words I have spoken to you--they are full of the Spirit and life.

God's Truth

No he isn't, there is only one God,

And the father doesn't pray to the father. What would be the point?

You do not answer questions I have asked, such as do you have Jesus HIMSELF living inside you, and two other Spirits, one called God the Father and the other called the Holy Spirit?

Answer the question.

As for Jesus praying to himself, there were THREE.

There is God the Father, Jesus Christ the Son, and the Holy Spirit.

THEY ARE ALL SPIRIT.

So how many Spirits do you have in you?

God's Truth

Bs"d

With help from above.

"Praise Y-H-W-H!
Praise Y-H-W-H, O my soul!
While I live I will praise Y-H-W-H!"

Psalm 146:1

Cross Reference is guilty of his own judgments. He is worse than a box of rocks, for he calls himself a Christian but does not even acknowledge the Truth THAT THERE IS NO ONE BESIDES GOD. Where is his Jesus put?

Elia

Cross Reference is guilty of his own judgments. He is worse than a box of rocks, for he calls himself a Christian but does not even acknowledge the Truth THAT THERE IS NO ONE BESIDES GOD. Where is his Jesus put?

Bs"d

It is a known fact that Christians have great difficulty counting to two. They think that a "God the Father" and a "god the son", that that is only one God.

They cannot understand that 1 + 1 = 2, and not 1.

And then they say that the Jews are blinded.... :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

"Thus says Y-H-W-H: ‘In those days ten men from every language of the nations shall grasp the sleeve of a Jewish man, saying, “Let us go with you, for we have heard that God is with you.”
Zech 8:23

beameup

He is described as the "Second Adam". Adam was called the Son of God because he was the original-unique man, a direct creation.
The Pre-existent one (the Logos) became tabernacled (clothed) in human flesh [ie: Hypostatic union] as the Son-of-God who then had to pass through death and be resurrected from the dead in a glorified body. He was the MESSIAH for Israel, and the Savior *(Yeshua) for all mankind.

There are many examples of men worshiping the Pre-existent One in the Old Testament, such as Joshua at the Battle of Jerico, where He calls himself the Captain of the Lord's Host. He ate and drank and talked at length with Abraham in Gen. 18.

God's Truth

Bs"d

It is a known fact that Christians have great difficulty counting to two. They think that a "God the Father" and a "god the son", that that is only one God.

And then they say that the Jews are blinded.... :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

"Thus says Y-H-W-H: ‘In those days ten men from every language of the nations shall grasp the sleeve of a Jewish man, saying, “Let us go with you, for we have heard that God is with you.”

They are confused.

However, we can find God's Truth in the scriptures, even in the New Testament.

Tell me, please answer, what is better, blood from an animal, or blood from a human?

What is better, a prophet that was just a man, or a prophet whose Father was God Himself?

Just answer truthfully.

Cross Reference

Bs"d

I see in your profile you listed the Judeon dersert as your location? Are you happy there? . .just askin'. What is it like?

lifeisgood

Bs"d

You do not believe your own Tanach.

"...From the time that it was, I was there (from the beginning was The Word), and now the Lord God (The Father) and His Spirit (The Holy Spirit) have sent Me (The Son)." (Isaiah 48:16)

What is more amazing is that the context of Isaiah 48 is a confrontation between God and the Harlot of Babylon (Lady of Kingdoms). This Harlot is definitely anti-Trinity.