Jesus is God.

Nameless.In.Grace

BANNED
Banned
I honor Jesus by obeying him, which IS OBEYING GOD THE FATHER.

Jesus OBEYED God the Father by perfectly fulfilling the Law of Love for the imperfect, out of His Love for us, so that we could OBEY his Command to share that Love and abide in His perfect work.

1 Cor. 1

30 And because of him you are in Christ Jesus, who became to us wisdom from God, righteousness and sanctification and redemption,

31 so that, as it is written, “Let the one who boasts, boast in the Lord"

Sent from my iPad using TOL ~Jesus is the Theology and the Counselor is the Commentary

Nameless.In.Grace

BANNED
Banned
Jesus is God.

Prove it with scripture that God nailed everything He ever said to the cross.

The Gods Truth is that scripture says ALL.

Colossians 2:

13 And you, who were dead in your trespasses and the uncircumcision of your flesh, God made alive together with him, having forgiven us all our trespasses,

14 by canceling the record of debt that stood against us with its legal demands. This he set aside, nailing it to the cross.

15 He disarmed the rulers and authorities and put them to open shame, by triumphing over them in him.

Also:

Romans 4

15 For the law brings wrath, but where there is no law there is no transgression.

1 Corinthians 15:55-57

55 O death, where is thy sting? O grave, where is thy victory?

56 The sting of death is sin; and the strength of sin is the law.

57 But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.

The devil is Death!!! The servant/serpent/anointed Guardian Cherub who was the seal of perfection, attacked or stung through disobedience to God. (Violating Gods perfect standards)

For God's sake GT, we had one command, just one, and we messed that up!

The disobedience was defined by the Entire Law. ALL means ALL.

It IS FINISHED.

Paid in full!

Sent from my iPad using TOL ~Jesus is the Theology and the Counselor is the Commentary

God's Truth

Jesus OBEYED God the Father by perfectly fulfilling the Law of Love for the imperfect,
Jesus came to earth and fulfilled the law, he taught us the commands for THE NEW LAW/Covenant, and then he shed his blood on the cross for the New Covenant.

out of His Love for us, so that we could OBEY his Command to share that Love and abide in His perfect work.

People could obey God before Jesus, and people get the Holy Spirit for obeying.

1 Cor. 1

30 And because of him you are in Christ Jesus, who became to us wisdom from God, righteousness and sanctification and redemption,

31 so that, as it is written, “Let the one who boasts, boast in the Lord"
How do you get that obeying Jesus means we cannot boast in him?

Paul boasts in his obedience and ours.

God's Truth

The Gods Truth is that scripture says ALL.

Colossians 2:

13 And you, who were dead in your trespasses and the uncircumcision of your flesh, God made alive together with him, having forgiven us all our trespasses,

14 by canceling the record of debt that stood against us with its legal demands. This he set aside, nailing it to the cross.

15 He disarmed the rulers and authorities and put them to open shame, by triumphing over them in him.
Did you read how the scripture says in the UN---UNCIRCUMCISION OF YOUR FLESH?
That is about Gentiles not having to be CIRCUMCISED before Jesus would save them. That does NOT mean they do not have to obey by repenting of their sins
Also:

Romans 4

15 For the law brings wrath, but where there is no law there is no transgression.

1 Corinthians 15:55-57

55 O death, where is thy sting? O grave, where is thy victory?

56 The sting of death is sin; and the strength of sin is the law.

57 But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.

The devil is Death!!!
If you know that, then how is it you think we do not have to obey?!!! The devil did not obey
The servant/serpent/anointed Guardian Cherub who was the seal of perfection, attacked or stung through disobedience to God. (Violating Gods perfect standards)
Never mind right now asking you to prove with scripture you are saying; what I want you to think about is the word ‘disobedience’
Jesus. Did. Not. Die. So. That. We. No. longer have. To. Be. Obedient.

For God's sake GT, we had one command, just one, and we messed that up!

The disobedience was defined by the Entire Law. ALL means ALL.
What?! In the time of Adam we there was only one command, but in the time of Moses there were many; and, in the time of Jesus we have to obey. How do you ever get that we only have to believe? If you love God and love your neighbor---you are OBEYING EVERY COMMAND FROM GOD.
It IS FINISHED.

Paid in full!
That means we do not have to work at cleaning ourselves just to go to a temple, BECAUSE JESUS’ blood cleans us and we become the temple. Where do you ever get that means we have to obey NOTHING?

Nameless.In.Grace

BANNED
Banned
Jesus came to earth and fulfilled the law, he taught us the commands for THE NEW LAW/Covenant, and then he shed his blood on the cross for the New Covenant.

People could obey God before Jesus, and people get the Holy Spirit for obeying.

How do you get that obeying Jesus means we cannot boast in him?

Paul boasts in his obedience and ours.

GT,

Out of respect for your views and acknowledgment of your sincere devotion and Love to Jesus,

I digress sister.

We will share our views again at a future time.

You and I boast in Jesus. This is good for me.

As far as boasting in your personal obedience,
I respect you sister.

Peace amongst us in the name of Blessed Jesus

God's Truth

GT,

Out of respect for your views and acknowledgment of your sincere devotion and Love to Jesus,

I digress sister.

We will share our views again at a future time.

You and I boast in Jesus. This is good for me.

As far as boasting in your personal obedience,
I respect you sister.

Peace amongst us in the name of Blessed Jesus

Paul debated God's Truth. That is what I want to debate. I am glad that you do not do what others do and try to condemn me, however, I want to prove with scripture the difference between God's Truth and some man's truth.

6days

keypurr said:
We need to prove all things in scripture. Why? Because there are misquotes in it.
So you are the judge of God's Word... picking and choosing what to believe?
keypurr said:
And I will say it again for you, god
created everything THROUGH his Son Christ, not Jesus, but the Christ that was in him.
You can keep saying that....but notice God claims He created alone. You seem to believe in a big and little God.
Is. 44:24 tells us God created ALONE... not two seperate entities. Compare to the verses in John 1 telling us "All things were made by him (The Word); and without him (the Word)was not any thing made that was made."

Isaiah44:24
NIV
I am the LORD, the Maker of all things, who stretches out the heavens, who spreads out the earth by myself
New Living Translation
I alone stretched out the heavens. Who was with me when I made the earth?

English Standard Version
“I am the LORD, who made all things, who alone stretched out the heavens, who spread out the earth by myself,

New American Standard Bible
"I, the LORD, am the maker of all things, Stretching out the heavens by Myself And spreading out the earth all alone,

King James Bible
Iam the LORD that maketh all things; that stretcheth forth the heavens alone; that spreadeth abroad the earth by myself;

Holman Christian Standard Bible
I am Yahweh, who made everything; who stretched out the heavens by Myself; who alone spread out the earth;

International Standard Version
'I am the LORD, who has made everything, who alone stretched out the heavens, who spread out the earth— Who was with me at that time?—

Even the JW paraphrase says...
“I am Jehovah, who made everything.
I stretched out the heavens by myself,"

So..... who created everything alone? GOD!! "All things were made by him (the Word); and without him was not any thing made that was made."Jn. 1;3

So... God created alone. And we see that the Word created everything. (John 1 and Col. 1)

So... to believe two seperate 'gods' were involved in creation is heretical. And to teach that 'The Word' is a created being is heretical.
JESUS... my Creator, My Savior, My Lord and my God.

keypurr

I do know what you post, and it is still wrong what you say.
Do you know the difference between a man and a spirit.

The Son of God that God used to create the world was not a man. God had a Son before Jesus was born. You do not seem to understand that. One is a Spirit and one is a man.

Think about that then go back over all my posts.

Sent from my SM-T330NU using TheologyOnline mobile app

6days

The Son of God that God used to create the world was not a man.
Yes, He become flesh...He took on human form....

So God used His Son to create the world?.... So contrary to scripture, you believe 2 gods were involved in creation? God says He created alone. Is.44:24

beameup

So God used His Son to create the world.... So contrary to scripture, you believe 2 gods were involved in creation? God says He created alone. Is.44:24

"The Word" was with God and was God from the Beginning. "The Son" appeared at the Incarnation to fulfill the redemption of mankind.

keypurr

So you are the judge of God's Word... picking and choosing what to believe?

I pick and choose what I think God is telling in his words.

You can keep saying that....but notice God claims He created alone. You seem to believe in a big and little God.

God made all things using his son Christ, not Jesus.

Is. 44:24 tells us God created ALONE... not two seperate entities. Compare to the verses in John 1 telling us "All things were made by him (The Word); and without him (the Word)was not any thing made that was made."

Heb 1:2 Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds;

Heb 1:8 But unto the Son he saith, Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: a sceptre of righteousness is the sceptre of thy kingdom.
Heb 1:9 Thou hast loved righteousness, and hated iniquity; therefore God, even thy God, hath anointed thee with the oil of gladness above thy fellows.
Heb 1:10 And, Thou, Lord, in the beginning hast laid the foundation of the earth; and the heavens are the works of thine hands:

Col 1:13 Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son:
Col 1:14 In whom we have redemption through his blood, even the forgiveness of sins:
Col 1:15 Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature:
Col 1:16 For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:

Christ was a tool God used to create.

Isaiah44:24
NIV
I am the LORD, the Maker of all things, who stretches out the heavens, who spreads out the earth by myself
New Living Translation
I alone stretched out the heavens. Who was with me when I made the earth?

English Standard Version
“I am the LORD, who made all things, who alone stretched out the heavens, who spread out the earth by myself,

New American Standard Bible
"I, the LORD, am the maker of all things, Stretching out the heavens by Myself And spreading out the earth all alone,

King James Bible
Iam the LORD that maketh all things; that stretcheth forth the heavens alone; that spreadeth abroad the earth by myself;

Holman Christian Standard Bible
I am Yahweh, who made everything; who stretched out the heavens by Myself; who alone spread out the earth;

International Standard Version
'I am the LORD, who has made everything, who alone stretched out the heavens, who spread out the earth— Who was with me at that time?—

Even the JW paraphrase says...
“I am Jehovah, who made everything.
I stretched out the heavens by myself,"

So..... who created everything alone? GOD!! "All things were made by him (the Word); and without him was not any thing made that was made."Jn. 1;3

Answered above

So... God created alone. And we see that the Word created everything. (John 1 and Col. 1)

So... to believe two seperate 'gods' were involved in creation is heretical. And to teach that 'The Word' is a created being is heretical.
JESUS... my Creator, My Savior, My Lord and my God.

Answered above

In the beginning there was God, God created his son, a spirit like himself. Heb 1:3.

Then God created everything else through his Son, the express image of himself.

Remember the us/we/our in the Book of Genesis?

keypurr

So God used His Son to create the world?.... So contrary to scripture, you believe 2 gods were involved in creation? God says He created alone. Is.44:24

WHAT was he before he became flesh?

Col 1:13 Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son: Col 1:14 In whom we have redemption through his blood, even the forgiveness of sins:
Col 1:15 Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature:
Col 1:16 For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:
Col 1:17 And he is before all things, and by him all things consist.

Heb 1:2 Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds;
Heb 1:3 Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high;

Heb 1:8 But unto the Son he saith, Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: a sceptre of righteousness is the sceptre of thy kingdom.
Heb 1:9 Thou hast loved righteousness, and hated iniquity; therefore God, even thy God, hath anointed thee with the oil of gladness above thy fellows.
Heb 1:10 And, Thou, Lord, in the beginning hast laid the foundation of the earth; and the heavens are the works of thine hands:

Joh 1:10 He was in the world, and the world was made by him, and the world knew him not.

Think, God made all through his created express image Son, a Spirit just like God.

1Co 8:6 But to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
I pick and choose what I think God is telling in his words.

God made all things using his son Christ, not Jesus.

\In the beginning there was God, God created his son, a spirit like himself. Heb 1:3.

Then God created everything else through his Son, the express image of himself.

Remember the us/we/our in the Book of Genesis?

WOW! You are 80 years old now. It seems, in some way you have it right, yet you use the wrong words to express it. God is one and Jesus is God. This is Heb 1:3.

In a way you have it, but end up with the wrong mental picture?

marhig

WOW! You are 80 years old now. It seems, in some way you have it right, yet you use the wrong words to express it. God is one and Jesus is God. This is Heb 1:3.

In a way you have it, but end up with the wrong mental picture?
No he's completely right, Jesus was a spirit with God, he is Gods son in whom he completely trusted, and God sent him into the human body of Jesus, to be a witness to the truth, to spread the gospel and to do his will to show us the way the truth and the life and to bring us to salvation, if, we believe and repent and obey God and do his will.

Jesus obeyed God and we must obey Christ who is in his image.

God's Truth

Do you know the difference between a man and a spirit.
All men have a spirit of themselves living inside a body.

God the Father is Spirit and lives in unapproachable light. He made Himself a body, and a Spiritual body, not just a Spirit, but a Spiritual body for His Spirit. That Spiritual body is Jesus' resurrected body, for he is the First and the Last.

The Son of God that God used to create the world was not a man.

God made the world through His Spiritual body, Jesus Christ.

God had a Son before Jesus was born. You do not seem to understand that. One is a Spirit and one is a man.

That Son in heaven was Jesus, who was God.

Jesus gave up that Spiritual body for a flesh body when he came to earth

Then he died in his flesh body, resurrected, and received his Spiritual body back. It is the kind of body we will have when the end comes and we are given new bodies.

Think about that then go back over all my posts.

I told you I know exactly what you believe. You are the one who should study more what I believe.

God's Truth

No he's completely right, Jesus was a spirit with God, he is Gods son in whom he completely trusted, and God sent him into the human body of Jesus, to be a witness to the truth, to spread the gospel and to do his will to show us the way the truth and the life and to bring us to salvation, if, we believe and repent and obey God and do his will.

Jesus obeyed God and we must obey Christ who is in his image.

No, keypurr is not right. It sounds as if he is trying to make Jehovah Witness beliefs fit into the truth, which of course will make a strange doctrine of two Sons being sent.

There is only one Son. There was not a Spiritual Son sent and a flesh Son sent named Jesus.

The scriptures say Jesus the Man ASCENDED to where he was before.

That proves Jesus came from heaven and is the only Son sent.

marhig

No, keypurr is not right. It sounds as if he is trying to make Jehovah Witness beliefs fit into the truth, which of course will make a strange doctrine of two Sons being sent
I don't know anything about two sons. But he's right that Christ was in the spirit and then he became flesh and became Jesus. So Jesus was a spirit with God before he came into flesh. Keypurr is right about this.

God's Truth

I don't know anything about two sons. But he's right that Christ was in the spirit and then he became flesh and became Jesus. So Jesus was a spirit with God before he came into flesh. Keypurr is right about this.

Keypurr is NOT saying that. Keypurr does not believe Jesus is from heaven.