Has All Been Fulfilled? Have Heaven and Earth Passed?

TweetyBird

Ummm...nope the contract was to get these people enslaved in Egypt to their ancestral home promised in a previous contract with Abraham...see? covenants do not anull each other...the terms to get them there were the same as for their father Abraham had....obedience in all things...faithful

The covenants were FULFILLED, not annulled, not kept, but vanished away, completely satisfied in Christ. The covenant with Abraham continued within the Mosaic Law. It was all fulfilled, all passed away when Jesus died on the cross. His sacrifice accomplished all that God has promised.

Well now I have to fix another text to say what you are claiming...

"If you keep my commands, you will remain in my love, just as I have NOT kept my Father's commands and remain in his love."

Keeping His commandments is this, as written over and over again throughout John's letter - LOVE ONE ANOTHER and Believe in Jesus:

1 John 3
22 And whatsoever we ask, we receive of him, because we keep his commandments, and do those things that are pleasing in his sight. 23 And this is his commandment, That we should believe on the name of his Son Jesus Christ, and love one another, as he gave us commandment. 24 And he that keepeth his commandments dwelleth in him, and he in him. And hereby we know that he abideth in us, by the Spirit which he hath given us.

TweetyBird

The NT shows us better commandments - ones that are given to the entire body of Christ, not just the Jewish people/the nation of Israel. The 10 commandments given to Israel are incomplete and not functional as given. This is why Jesus came to teach a new Law, new commandments.

TweetyBird

The seventh day of rest is an integral part of creation. Those who ignore it are rejecting the Creator.

Rejecting the Creator is not a good thing.

The weekly Sabbath foreshadows the millennial Sabbath.

The weekly Sabbath was given to Israel as a sign from God that He chose them. That Sabbath came with rules and regulations that no one can keep. Even Jesus did not keep the Sabbath, but did the work of God as commanded, as He stated. The Sabbath is Christ - He is our eternal rest. Resting in Him is resting from our labors as God did on the 7th day - Heb 4.

TweetyBird

.... Sunday observance which dates back to the Sumerian religion. The Sumerian worship day was picked up by the Babylonians and then by the Egyptians and then by the Catholics. Protestants go along with the Catholic day of worship endorsing the authority of the Catholic church.

Like mother, like daughters.

I don't know where you got that information from, but it's a myth.

Lilstu

There were never any "lost tribes". The remnant of all the tribes gathered together with Judah, Benjamin, and Levi yo re-dedicate the Temple and the walls of Jerusalem during the time of Nehemiah and Ezra. There was no longer "the house of Israel"/northern kingdom and the "house of Judah"/southern kingdom from that point on. They were known as one Kingdom - the House of Israel/The Jews, and indicated as such throughout the NT.

Oh ...did someone find them?

Lilstu

How does that have anything to do with what is written in Joshua 21 when God said, all was fulfilled that was promised?

Genesis 15:18 New American Standard Bible (NASB)
18 On that day the Lord made a covenant with Abram, saying,
“To your descendants I have given this land,
From the river of Egypt as far as the great river, the river Euphrates:

The 'promised land" was from the Nile river in Egypt all the way to the Euphrates river including Lebanon and Syria and into Iraq.
This has NEVER been fulfilled. The Law was never fulfilled.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Also the Hebrews spent forty years in the wilderness of Arabia.

Deuteronomy 11:24 Every place on which the sole of your foot treads shall be yours, from the wilderness and Lebanon, from the river, the River Euphrates, even to the Western Sea shall be your territory.​

Lilstu

Also the Hebrews spent forty years in the wilderness of Arabia.

Deuteronomy 11:24 Every place on which the sole of your foot treads shall be yours, from the wilderness and Lebanon, from the river, the River Euphrates, even to the Western Sea shall be your territory.​

Very good

Not fulfilled yet

heir

TOL Subscriber
"Therefore, my beloved, just as you have always obeyed, not only in my presence, but now even more in my absence, continue to work out your salvation with fear and trembling. 13For it is God who works in you to will and to act on behalf of His good pleasure…"
:doh: It doesn't say, "work for your salvation..." as we see clearly from Paul that the gospel of Christ (1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV) is the gospel by which we are saved/ the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth (Romans 1:16 KJV) and that our salvation is by grace through faith/not of ourselves/the gift of God/not of works (Ephesians 2:8-9 KJV, Titus 3:5 KJV).

If there's never been a moment in your life when you trusted the Lord after hearing and believing the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: you are lost.

heir

TOL Subscriber
ummm...yes...my faith OF Him...or you mean by the faith of Him for us...hmmm that is interesting...His faith in us to be faithful and obedient
His faith (Titus 1:2 KJV) justified us whether we believe it or not Galatians 2:16 KJV.

well...ironically just to rest...one day a week...the seventh day...keep it Holy...no need to make it Holy...just know it already is...
Galatians 4:9-10 KJV

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
our salvation is by grace through faith/not of ourselves/the gift of God/not of works (Ephesians 2:8-9 KJV, Titus 3:5 KJV).

And it's been that way from the very beginning of Bible history. There has never been any other means of salvation.

clefty

Yes, the weekly Sabbath is given to everyone the Father chooses, it's a sign of cooperation with him.

The Ssbbath was created for all man not just to who the Father chooses.

It was instituted for all man before the fall...intended to be observed as a pattern to follow as we all were created in His image to what He does...

But then the fall...

He then cursed all He had made...the earth, the animals, mankind...but the Sabbath was spared

The Sabbath, like woman, was created for man...some rebel and reject one or the other some even reject both...

We choose to accept it keeps us...

There remains for the people of God not just rest but a sabbath keeping....

We are also commanded not to rest but work the other six days prior...

TweetyBird

Oh ...did someone find them?

They were invited and that was not the first time. All the tribes were invited back into Judah during the time of the kings - it's recorded in Chronicles,some mocked, some people returned. During the re-dedication of the Temple 450ish BC - all the tribes were again invited to come back, give sacrifices and promise to keep the Mosaic Law Covenant. A remnant returned and the celebration was quite grand and sacrifices on behalf of all the tribes were offered. Land was given back to all twelve tribes - they took their cities once again - Neh 10,11. From then on, the House of Israel was one and has been known as that entity even yet today which is indicative of all twelve tribes. This is even believed so within the Jewish community today.

TweetyBird

Genesis 15:18 New American Standard Bible (NASB)
18 On that day the Lord made a covenant with Abram, saying,
“To your descendants I have given this land,
From the river of Egypt as far as the great river, the river Euphrates:

The 'promised land" was from the Nile river in Egypt all the way to the Euphrates river including Lebanon and Syria and into Iraq.
This has NEVER been fulfilled. The Law was never fulfilled.

Joshua 21 clearly states that ALL the land promised to Israel and her "fathers" was completely and fully fulfilled. Do you think Joshua got it wrong? or was God mistaken?

TweetyBird

The Ssbbath was created for all man not just to who the Father chooses.

The Sabbath was only given to the nation of Israel. The first mention of the Sabbath is in Ex 16.

Ex 31
12 And the Lord spake unto Moses, saying, 13 Speak thou also unto the children of Israel, saying, Verily my sabbaths ye shall keep: for it is a sign between me and you throughout your generations; that ye may know that I am the Lord that doth sanctify you. 14 Ye shall keep the sabbath therefore; for it is holy unto you: every one that defileth it shall surely be put to death: for whosoever doeth any work therein, that soul shall be cut off from among his people.

Where are the defenders of the Sabbath that they are not putting to death all those who do not keep the Sabbath, including themselves?

It was instituted for all man before the fall...intended to be observed as a pattern to follow as we all were created in His image to what He does...

There is no mention of one single person keeping or observing the 7th day until God commanded it to Israel in Ex 16 and then continued to give commandments in how to keep it. Which NO ONE has ever done, ever.

But then the fall...

He then cursed all He had made...the earth, the animals, mankind...but the Sabbath was spared

The Sabbath, like woman, was created for man...some rebel and reject one or the other some even reject both...

We choose to accept it keeps us...

That a nice theory - but it's not in the Bible.

There remains for the people of God not just rest but a sabbath keeping....

Heb 4 states says that the Sabbath rest is belief in Christ.

We are also commanded not to rest but work the other six days prior...

Not found in the NT anywhere. Not even hinted at in the NT anywhere. Jesus worked on the Sabbath day, just as He worked every other day of the week. We work on the Sabbath as well. There is no reason not to, because we have rested from our labors in Christ, just as God rested on the Sabbath. He only rested from creating, He did not take a nap and let the world spin on its axis unattended. Perhaps you are unaware of what it means that we cease from our labors IN Him? Hint: it has nothing to do with physical activity.

TweetyBird

Land promises of Gen 15 completely fulfilled according to OT Scriptures:

God promised 6 cities of refuge:

Deu 19:7-0
Therefore, I command you, saying, 'You shall set aside three cities for yourself.' "If the LORD your God enlarges your territory, just as He has sworn to your fathers, and gives you all the land which He promised to give your fathers— if you carefully observe all this commandment which I command you today, to love the LORD your God, and to walk in His ways always—then you shall add three more cities for yourself, besides these three.

Joshua 20:7-9 lists six cities of refuge - Kadesh, Shechem, Hebron, Bezer, Ramoth, and Golan.

7 And they appointed Kedesh in Galilee in mount Naphtali, and Shechem in mount Ephraim, and Kirjath-arba, which is Hebron, in the mountain of Judah. 8 And on the other side Jordan by Jericho eastward, they assigned Bezer in the wilderness upon the plain out of the tribe of Reuben, and Ramoth in Gilead out of the tribe of Gad, and Golan in Bashan out of the tribe of Manasseh. 9 These were the cities appointed for all the children of Israel, and for the stranger that sojourneth among them, that whosoever killeth any person at unawares might flee thither, and not die by the hand of the avenger of blood, until he stood before the congregation.

God stated that all the land promises were fulfilled in Joshua 21:

43-45 So the Lord gave Israel all the land which He had sworn to give to their fathers, and they possessed it and lived in it. And the Lord gave them rest on every side, according to all that He had sworn to their fathers, and no one of all their enemies stood before them; the Lord gave all their enemies into their hand. Not one of the good promises which the Lord had made to the house of Israel failed; all came to pass.

And again in Joshua 23:

14-15 Now behold, today I am going the way of all the earth, and you know in all your hearts and in all your souls that not one word of all the good words which the Lord your God spoke concerning you has failed; all have been fulfilled for you, not one of them has failed. "It shall come about that just as all the good words which the Lord your God spoke to you have come upon you, so the Lord will bring upon you all the threats, until He has destroyed you from off this good land which the Lord your God has given you.

Josh 24:28 Then Joshua dismissed the people, each to his inheritance.

2 Sam 8:3 David defeated Hadadezer...as he went to restore his rule at the River [Euphrates].

1 Kings 4:21 Now Solomon ruled over all the kingdoms from the [Euphrates] River to the land of the Philistines and to the border of Egypt; they brought tribute and served Solomon

2 Chr 9:26 And he was the ruler over all the kings from the Euphrates River even to the land of the Philistines, and as far as the border of Egypt.

Neh 9:8 And Thou didst find Abraham's heart faithful before Thee, and didst make a covenant with him to give him the land of the Canaanite, of the Hittite and the Amorite, of the Perizzite, the Jebusite, and the Girgashite-- to give it to his descendants. And Thou hast fulfilled Thy promise, for Thou art righteous.

Jer 11:5 in order to confirm the oath which I swore to your forefathers, to give them a land flowing with milk and honey, as it is this day. Then I answered and said, "Amen, O LORD."

clefty

The Sabbath was only given to the nation of Israel. The first mention of the Sabbath is in Ex 16.
so He lied when He said the Sabbath was made for MAN? Stop making Him a liar. Just stop already...if Sabbath was made for just Israel He would have said that...He even said He was here only for the lost tribes of Israel and salvation is of the joo so He obviously knew when to be exclusive...but when it came to the Sabbath He was not...said it was for man as in all mankind...as in "for God so loved the world" not just da joo...

You also ignore the fact that of the 10 commandments the sabbath one is the only one that specifically addresses it is for the stranger alien non native traveling with them...so right in the commandment itself we see it alone is specifically for Gentiles...

You accept the other 9 but not the Sabbath...laughable

Ex 31
12 And the Lord spake unto Moses, saying, 13 Speak thou also unto the children of Israel, saying, Verily my sabbaths ye shall keep: for it is a sign between me and you throughout your generations; that ye may know that I am the Lord that doth sanctify you. 14 Ye shall keep the sabbath therefore; for it is holy unto you: every one that defileth it shall surely be put to death: for whosoever doeth any work therein, that soul shall be cut off from among his people.

See? He said "MY Sabbath" not Israel's or da joos...it is His and He gave to us all of us...a gift if you wish to receive it...

Where are the defenders of the Sabbath that they are not putting to death all those who do not keep the Sabbath, including themselves?
you really are getting desperate and histrionic...

Those without sin cast the first stone...the need to shed blood is over now...but judgement day is coming and here are those that kept the commandments of God and the testimony of Jesus...not just resting in Him...

There is no mention of one single person keeping or observing the 7th day

Ummm... well there is God...and that's enough for me...He kept it and we were created in His image...to do as He does...

Imagine the pattern if we had not sinned...6 days work and God rests but we don't?

He not only shabbos His work that day but He blessed the day...sanctified it and made it Holy...

Now continue to think...the other days are not Holy not set apart...why would a Holy day be needed? Just for Him?

Does God need rest literally? Or did He not foresee we would need rest not spiritual rest as He rested but actual rest physical literal rest...that is grace! Such mercy!

To be with God and to do as He did before the fall would mean to join Him on His cease from creation day a Memorial Day when He finished the work of creation...to celebrate that we and everything else was created by Him...a day that vindicated Him as Lord Creator Maker of all...lord of the Sabbath the cessation of creation

imagine if we had done exactly as He did...of course we would rest on the seventh day...with Him...

In fact, had we obeyed in all things and remained faithful there in the garden, there would have been been no need for a resurrection...thus no Sunday keeping

until God commanded it to Israel in Ex 16 and then continued to give commandments in how to keep it. Which NO ONE has ever done, ever.
there is no record of anyone not coveting either...it's implied

there is no record of His people keeping Sunday (or like you resting all the other days) either...which NO ONE ever did in scripture...

there is no record of anyone NOT keeping the Sabbath either...Noah had years months and weeks...he was blameless meaning obedient...and other commands were understood...Joseph knew adultery was wrong and a sin to God...Abraham kept all the commands...Melchizedek as a high priest ran what type of law and order? Was it contrary to this law? Under him were you allowed to kill steal fornicate? Rest on Wednesdays?

Again, you have no problem with the other 9 commandments being eternal set in place from the beginning...just that Sabbath one...

Moses asked pharaoh for a cessation of work for the people...shabbos was the translated word...and they had no idea what it was as they were slaves captive in a strange land...

You make it seem like the Creator of all cobbled up a list as the needs arose and progressed up to 10 based on circumstances that arose...

The 10 words are actually descriptions of what it was like where God lives and the place made for man...you know on earth as it is in heaven

No killing there...no stealing...no adultery...no false witness...no coveting...parents honored...God worshipped...His name revered...no images...and which other one?

Oh yes the day He ceased His creation made Holy and seperated...

So there you are...life before the fall...

Or do you really think He made that day seperate to remind Himself He was the Creator of all? As if He needs a memo to Remember the day of creation's cessation.

That a nice theory
not a theory...woman was made for men and some men reject her...Sabbath too was made for man...and you reject it? Do you reject the other gift too?

- but it's not in the Bible.
of course it is...He cursed everything He made except the Sabbath it remains a temple in time in which we are to remember it all points to Him and all He did

Heb 4 states says that the Sabbath rest is belief in Christ.

The irony you use the translation that names Jesus instead of Joshua as unable to bring them rest...

But Jesus nor Joshua brought them to rest is why a Sabbath keeping remains for the people of God until we enter His rest...

Not found in the NT anywhere.
lol... even pastors are to find other work...we are commanded to provide for our family...your sanctified slothfulness is what is not found in the NT

Not even hinted at in the NT anywhere. Jesus worked on the Sabbath day, just as He worked every other day of the week.
wow...you side with His accusers? I guess that should not come as such as a surprise as you already insist He is a liar...now you have Him breaking the law...

You are as desperate as those rationalizing that since He became visible we can worship idols...

We work on the Sabbath as well. There is no reason not to, because we have rested from our labors in Christ, just as God rested on the Sabbath. He only rested from creating, He did not take a nap and let the world spin on its axis unattended. Perhaps you are unaware of what it means that we cease from our labors IN Him? Hint: it has nothing to do with physical activity.

Of course it does. Every commandment was at once literal and spiritual.

What He amplified was the spiritual aspect of the law...from do not kill to do not be even angry...from no literal adultery to do not even lust...

Each of the literal laws has a spiritual element to it...Sabbath did as well and man's traditions killed its spiritual aspect of doing good works of healing and refreshment on the Sabbath...so He reminded them it was "rather mercy than sacrifice..."

BTW...We don't cease from our labor in Him either literally or spiritually...there is a reason a yoke remains no matter how light...and why we must work by the sweat of our brow

Oh and PS you are correct He didn't just take a nap...He rested and was refreshed from fellowship with His creation it was good...next day He went back to work...that day was not Holy

Last edited:

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
The weekly Sabbath is an appointment God made with his people.

In the world today many stand him up choosing instead the sun day.

The obelisk in St. Peter's square is there for a reason. And the obelisk is authenic, it came from Egypt.

Last edited: