Has All Been Fulfilled? Have Heaven and Earth Passed?

TweetyBird

so He lied when He said the Sabbath was made for MAN? Stop making Him a liar. Just stop already...if Sabbath was made for just Israel He would have said that...He even said He was here only for the lost tribes of Israel and salvation is of the joo so He obviously knew when to be exclusive...but when it came to the Sabbath He was not...said it was for man as in all mankind...as in "for God so loved the world" not just da joo...

God said the Sabbath was given only to the nation of Israel, not to anyone else.

The Sabbath was made for man because the purpose that Christ came was for mankind - to reconcile all to God through the blood of Christ. Jesus is the Sabbath Rest. He said so and so does Heb 4.

You also ignore the fact that of the 10 commandments the sabbath one is the only one that specifically addresses it is for the stranger alien non native traveling with them...so right in the commandment itself we see it alone is specifically for Gentiles...

The NT does not quote the Mosaic Law regarding the Sabbath. It is not commanded and is not even mentioned after Acts but once. Funny how it's mentioned all the way through the OT to ISRAEL, but not once to anyone in the NT, especially not to Gentile believers in Christ. The Sabbath is fulfilled in Christ. The 7th day remains as a holy day in remembrance of creation. But one does not need to take a day of rest in order to remember. Heb 4 clearly states that in Christ we rest from our labors, just as God rested on the 7th day. I just love that passage. It broke off the yoke from my neck, because trying to keep the Sabbath was definitely a yoke that I could not bear. I assume that you are sacrificing animals in order to honor God as He commanded on the Sabbath?

You accept the other 9 but not the Sabbath...laughable

I don't accept any of the Law of Moses. I follow Christ and His Law.

Ex 31
12 And the Lord spake unto Moses, saying, 13 Speak thou also unto the children of Israel, saying, Verily my sabbaths ye shall keep: for it is a sign between me and you throughout your generations; that ye may know that I am the Lord that doth sanctify you. 14 Ye shall keep the sabbath therefore; for it is holy unto you: every one that defileth it shall surely be put to death: for whosoever doeth any work therein, that soul shall be cut off from among his people.

See? He said "MY Sabbath" not Israel's or da joos...it is His and He gave to us all of us...a gift if you wish to receive it...

The Sabbath was given to, spoken to the children of Israel, as long as they were under the Mosaic Covenant. You can't have it both ways. Either you are in Christ, the new covenant or you are under Moses and the old covenant.

you really are getting desperate and histrionic...

It sounds more like you are getting desperate to prove something to yourself or God. I am free of all that. Thank God.

Those without sin cast the first stone...the need to shed blood is over now...but judgement day is coming and here are those that kept the commandments of God and the testimony of Jesus...not just resting in Him...

The commandment of Jesus was a new one, per Him. To believe on Him and To love one another as He loved us and gave His life for us.

I do not fear judgment day at all, in the least. Jesus is my Sabbath Rest - that is eternal. I don't have to worry about a day and wonder if I am keep it like He said to. Good luck with keeping it according to the Mosaic Law. There was never a disannulment of the sacrifices under the Mosaic Covenant, just so you know.

Imagine the pattern if we had not sinned...6 days work and God rests but we don't?

If we are in Christ Jesus, who is our Sabbath Rest and we are resting from our labors in Him, then we are resting as God did on the 7th day of creation.

Now continue to think...the other days are not Holy not set apart...why would a Holy day be needed? Just for Him?

For the believer, every day is Holy unto the Lord. I would not know how to live any other way.

Does God need rest literally? Or did He not foresee we would need rest not spiritual rest as He rested but actual rest physical literal rest...that is grace! Such mercy!

The Sabbath day was never a day of rest. You are kidding yourself if you think it was. It was a burden and a yoke.

And no, I do not need a day to lay around and do nothing. Jesus did not, neither can I.

there is no record of anyone NOT keeping the Sabbath either...Noah had years months and weeks...he was blameless meaning obedient...and other commands were understood...Joseph knew adultery was wrong and a sin to God...Abraham kept all the commands...Melchizedek as a high priest ran what type of law and order? Was it contrary to this law? Under him were you allowed to kill steal fornicate? Rest on Wednesdays?

The Sabbath was not given as a day of rest and to be kept holy until God gave it to Israel. God said that the commandments He gave to Israel were not given to anyone until then.

Again, you have no problem with the other 9 commandments being eternal set in place from the beginning...just that Sabbath one...

I do not keep or obey the Mosaic Law. I keep and obey the Law of Christ.

Moses asked pharaoh for a cessation of work for the people...shabbos was the translated word...and they had no idea what it was as they were slaves captive in a strange land...

Exactly my point, because no one was keeping a sabbath day until God gave it to Israel at Mt Sinai. The word Sabbath does not occur in the OT until Ex 16 to Israel.

You make it seem like the Creator of all cobbled up a list as the needs arose and progressed up to 10 based on circumstances that arose...

The commandments that God gave to Israel were a brand new thing. That is why He spent days giving them all to Moses and having him write them in the Book of the Law.

The 10 words are actually descriptions of what it was like where God lives and the place made for man...you know on earth as it is in heaven

Not hardly - but you do have a great imagination.

The irony you use the translation that names Jesus instead of Joshua as unable to bring them rest...

But Jesus nor Joshua brought them to rest is why a Sabbath keeping remains for the people of God until we enter His rest...

Jesus and Joshua are the same name. Perhaps you should study that out sometime.

clefty

The weekly Sabbath is an appointment God made with his people.

In the world today many stand him up choosing instead the sun day.

The obelisk in St. Peter's square is there for a reason. And the obelisk is authenticate, it came from Egypt.

Yup
Yup
And yup

All this to reject a day of rest...

They would even make Isaiah a liar as he wrote that from new moon to new moon...from Sabbath to Sabbath all will come to worship...

Rondonmonson

Matthew 5:18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.

Ran into one of these today:

and they always stumble over thou shalt not kill, thou shalt not steal, thou shalt not commit adultery, etc

because if the whole thing vanished away, then there's no longer a prohibition on killing, or stealing, or committing adultery, right?

I don't think you quite get what the guys you are quoting were saying. The Law can do nothing but condemn you and I. Romans 8:3 For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh: The Law can not get us to Heaven, only Faith in Jesus Christ can, as Galatians chapter 3 says.

Galatians 3:10 For as many as are of the works of the law are under the curse: for it is written, Cursed is every one that continueth not in all things which are written in the book of the law to do them.

11 But that no man is justified by the law in the sight of God, it is evident: for, The just shall live by faith.

12 And the law is not of faith: but, The man that doeth them shall live in them.

13 Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us: for it is written, Cursed is every one that hangeth on a tree:

So when did Jesus Redeem us from the curse of the Law ? John 19:30 When Jesus therefore had received the vinegar, he said, It is finished: and he bowed his head, and gave up the ghost.

So why did we have the Law ? Because men were sinners no doubt, but the promise was of the coming Savior, the Messiah, Jesus that would take our sins away, it had nothing to do with the Law !!

Galatians 3:16 Now to Abraham and his seed were the promises made. He saith not, And to seeds, as of many; but as of one, And to thy seed, which is Christ.

17 And this I say, that the covenant, that was confirmed before of God in Christ, the law, which was four hundred and thirty years after, cannot disannul, that it should make the promise of none effect.

18 For if the inheritance be of the law, it is no more of promise: but God gave it to Abraham by promise.

19 Wherefore then serveth the law? It was added because of transgressions, till the seed should come to whom the promise was made; and it was ordained by angels in the hand of a mediator.

Has Jesus come ? Yes, and Died. The Law was added until the seed (Jesus Christ) of the Promise should come. The Law was not the Covenant between God and Abraham, the Covenant was of the Promised coming of the Messiah that was to take away the sins of the world. The LAW was added 430 years later.

SO....not one part of the Law/Jot of the Law will pass away until ALL IS FULFILLED.....Jesus said it is finished. WHAT was Finished ? The purging of men's sins via the PROMISED SACRIFICE of the Son of God Jesus Christ, the Messiah. Jesus fulfilled all, there is no need of the Law because the Law can not save you, only the Blood of Jesus Christ can save us. Thus the Law is irrelevant. God promised to WRITE THE LAWS on our Hearts. Meaning we will follow the Holy Spirits guide, and we will not need a Law, because the Law can not justify us, it can only condemn us, and Jesus' blood has justified us once and for all.

We do not commit adultery, because God condemns us in our Spirit if we do, not because there is a Law against it. Likewise lying, cheating, stealing, etc. all. We follow the Laws God has written upon our Hearts via the Holy Spirit !!

Jeremiah 31:33 But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people.

Hebrews 8:10 This is the covenant I will make with the house of Israel after those days, says the Lord. I will put My laws in their minds, and inscribe them on their hearts. And I will be their God, and they will be My people.

It is very clear, God said that there would be no need for the LAW because it can do nothing but condemn men. God will give to men, who accept forgiveness via his Son Jesus Christ, the Holy Spirit which will condemn us when we do wrong, thus there is no need for a LAW, which was not the original Covenant anyway, the original covenant was the COMING SEED.......Jesus Christ.

Last edited:

clefty

The weekly Sabbath is an appointment God made with his people.

In the world today many stand him up choosing instead the sun day.

The obelisk in St. Peter's square is there for a reason. And the obelisk is authenticate, it came from Egypt.

I don't think you quite get what the guys you are quoting were saying. The Law can do nothing but condemn you and I. Romans 8:3 For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh: The Law can not get us to Heaven, only Faith in Jesus Christ can, as Galatians chapter 3 says.

Galatians 3:0 For as many as are of the works of the law are under the curse: for it is written, Cursed is every one that continueth not in all things which are written in the book of the law to do them.

11 But that no man is justified by the law in the sight of God, it is evident: for, The just shall live by faith.

12 And the law is not of faith: but, The man that doeth them shall live in them.

13 Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us: for it is written, Cursed is every one that hangeth on a tree:

So when did Jesus Redeem us from the curse of the Law ? John 19:30 When Jesus therefore had received the vinegar, he said, It is finished: and he bowed his head, and gave up the ghost.

So why did we have the Law ? Because men were sinners no doubt, but the promise was of the coming Savior, the Messiah, Jesus that would take our sins away, it had nothing to do with the Law !!

Galatians 3:16 Now to Abraham and his seed were the promises made. He saith not, And to seeds, as of many; but as of one, And to thy seed, which is Christ.

17 And this I say, that the covenant, that was confirmed before of God in Christ, the law, which was four hundred and thirty years after, cannot disannul, that it should make the promise of none effect.

18 For if the inheritance be of the law, it is no more of promise: but God gave it to Abraham by promise.

19 Wherefore then serveth the law? It was added because of transgressions, till the seed should come to whom the promise was made; and it was ordained by angels in the hand of a mediator.

Has Jesus come ? Yes, and Died. The Law was added until the seed (Jesus Christ) of the Promise should come. The Law was not the Covenant between God and Abraham, the Covenant was of the Promised coming of the Messiah that was to take away the sins of the world. The LAW was added 430 years later.

SO....not one part of the Law/Jot of the Law will pass away until ALL IS FULFILLED.....Jesus said it is finished. WHAT was Finished ? The purging of men's sins via the PROMISED SACRIFICE of the Son of God Jesus Christ, the Messiah. Jesus fulfilled all, there is no need of the Law because the Law can not save you, only the Blood of Jesus Christ can save us. Thus the Law is irrelevant. God promised to WRITE THE LAWS on our Hearts. Meaning we will follow the Holy Spirits guide, and we will not need a Law, because the Law can not justify us, it can only condemn us, and Jesus' blood has justified us once and for all.

We do not commit adultery, because God condemns us in our Spirit if we do, not because there is a Law against it. Likewise lying, cheating, stealing, etc. all. We follow the Laws God has written upon our Hearts via the Holy Spirit !!

Jeremiah 31:33 But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people.

Hebrews 8:10 This is the covenant I will make with the house of Israel after those days, says the Lord. I will put My laws in their minds, and inscribe them on their hearts. And I will be their God, and they will be My people.

It is very clear, God said that there would be no need for the LAW because it can do nothing but condemn men. God will give to men, who accept forgiveness via his Son Jesus Christ, the Holy Spirit which will condemn us when we do wrong, thus there is no need for a LAW, which was not the original Covenant anyway, the original covenant was the COMING SEED.......Jesus Christ.

HalleluYah...yup

And since the judgement day is still to come with that immutable Law still the standard by which we will be judged we should be grateful the Spirit will not lead us away from it into another law and another gospel...

Imagine the leading us away from Him, His way

I mean, you know what they say about a house divided...imagine the Spirit leading us contrary the Father's Law...into something different than how He did it...another Love not just as He loved us...

We are to do as He did He said as He did what His Father said...go and sin no more...

TweetyBird

Yup
Yup
And yup

All this to reject a day of rest...

They would even make Isaiah a liar as he wrote that from new moon to new moon...from Sabbath to Sabbath all will come to worship...

I am not rejecting a day of rest, never said that you could not take a day of rest. So why create a sraw man?

TweetyBird

HalleluYah...yup

And since the judgement day is still to come with that immutable Law still the standard by which we will be judged we should be grateful the Spirit will not lead us away from it into another law and another gospel...

I mean, you know what they say about a house divided...imagine the Spirit leading us contrary the Father's Law...into something different than how He did it...another Love not just as He loved us...

We are to do as He did He said as He did what His Father said...go and sin no more...

If you are agreeing with Rondonmonson, then why do you keep the Sabbath and promote the Law of Moses?

Rondonmonson

HalleluYah...yup

Jesus death did away with any need for the Sacrificial Laws, those need not be written on our hearts since Jesus is our once and for all time Sacrifice. Also, God set aside an Holy Day to recognize Him and to rest in Him. With the Holy Spirit, we are in Gods rest perpetually. We should be wise enough to get the rest our body needs. But we should be in "Spiritual rest" everyday via the Holy Spirit.

Last edited:

Lilstu

Jesus death did away with any need for the Sacrificial Laws, those need not be written on our hearts since Jesus is our once and for all time Sacrifice. Also, God set aside an Holy Day to recognize Him and to rest in Him. With the Holy Spirit, we are in Gods rest perpetually. We should be wise enough to get the rest or body needs. But we should be in "Spiritual rest" everyday via the Holy Spirit.

Have you looked in the last chapters of Ezekiel? The future Temple will have sacrifices.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Jesus death did away with any need for the Sacrificial Laws, those need not be written on our hearts since Jesus is our once and for all time Sacrifice.

Jesus is our sacrifice. Our sacrifice. Not everyone accepts our sacrifice at this time.

They will have their chance but not now.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Animal sacrifices were not for God's benefit, they were for the people's benefit. But many perverted the point of the sacrifices and remedial training is now called for.

Rondonmonson

Have you looked in the last chapters of Ezekiel? The future Temple will have sacrifices.

The Temple will be built to sacrifice unto God by Israel. But in Daniel chapter 8 where it says the Daily [sacrifice] will be taken away, the word sacrifice is no where to be found, because the translators felt nothing else fit, they added it. So is the Daily Sacrifice taken away or the Daily [oblation] honoring of Jesus taken away ? Think about it, what does Malachi chapter 4 say ? It says Elijah will be sent to turn the hearts of Israel back to God before the Great and dreadful day of the Lord.

Malachi 4:5 Behold, I will send you Elijah the prophet before the coming of the great and dreadful day of the Lord: 6 And he shall turn the heart of the fathers to the children, and the heart of the children to their fathers, lest I come and smite the earth with a curse.

So one of the Two-witnesses is sent to turn Israel back unto God, before the Tribulation starts, and we know that starts at the Abomination of Desolation, when Israel Flees, God protects her, God would not protect Israel unless she had TURNED back unto Him. This is what Daniels 70th week is meant to do, cause Israel to repent or stop the rebellion against God. So does the bible say that Israel repents and accepts the Messiah ? Lets see

Zechariah 12:10 And I will pour upon the house of David, and upon the inhabitants of Jerusalem, the spirit of grace and of supplications: and they shall look upon me whom they have pierced, and they shall mourn for him, as one mourneth for his only son, and shall be in bitterness for him, as one that is in bitterness for his firstborn. (Israel accepts Jesus as their Messiah)

Zechariah 13:1 In that day there shall be a fountain opened (Jesus Blood) to the house of David and to the inhabitants of Jerusalem for sin and for uncleanness. ( Hmmmmmmmm AMEN )

By using this Hebrew bible I will show how the word Sacrifice was added.

Daniel 8:11 Yea, he magnified 1431 z8689 [himself] even to x5704 the prince 8269 of the host, 6635 and by x4480 him the daily 8548 [sacrifice] was taken away, 7311 z8717 z8675 z8689 and the place 4349 of his sanctuary 4720 was cast down. 7993 z8717

Jesus is my Daily now, I pray to him daily, and I ask for forgiveness and guidance daily. The Anti-Christ could very well be demanding that Israel not Serve Jesus Christ in the Temple. I think this is most likely the case. Elijah turns Israel back to God before the AoD (Day of the Lord). Even though they built the Temple to preform their age old Sacrifices, ODDLY, Daniel doesn't use he word Sacrifice, he only uses the word Daily. As if the Daily Oblation (Tribute) is happening, but without any SACRIFICE OF ANIMALS !!

If Israel turns to God before the Anti-Christ starts wrecking havoc, does't that mean Zechariah 13:1 has come to pass ? A fountain (Jesus' Blood) is opened unto Israel for SIN and UNCLEANNESS....Amen. And Zechariah 12:10 has also come to pass ?

So Israel is serving Jesus by this time, Elijah has turned them back to God just like the Holy Word says in Malachi 4. Why would God protect Israel in the Wilderness, if she had not turned unto Him ? I agree, there will be sacrifices when the Temple is first built, but the Abomination of Desolation could not defile an already defiled Temple, so Israel turns to their Messiah Jesus before the Abomination of Desolation is set up in the Temple.

It all fits. Israel turns back to God before the Day of the Lord (Gods Wrath) comes upon the world.

clefty

God said the Sabbath was given only to the nation of Israel, not to anyone else.
stiffnecks still amongst us...as if Jesus ain't God...even in the commandment itself it was given to those not of Israel and even the animals...ONE law for Israel and non Israelite...

The Sabbath was made for man
yes because God said so not for any other reason you come up with...but here you go on

because the purpose that Christ came was for mankind - to reconcile all to God through the blood of Christ.
no...if that were the case He would have cited that as the reason sabbath is made for man. Instead He clearly taught that Sabbath was made for man so that man could 1) rest after six days of labor 1a) healing is naturally and spiritually in that rest 2)know there is a distinction between Holy and unholy, as in His and not His 3)remember all that He did namely created everything so He is creator Lord of the Sabbath 3a) brought them out of Egypt 4)live within that calendar cadence even after He was gone

The irony you claim the promise of Sabbath without it...

Jesus is the Sabbath Rest. He said so
no He didn't...He said He would give us rest not become a calendar day...He said He was the way, a door, a shepherd, living water, the Truth, the Light, others called a master teacher rabbi lamb messiah...never a calander day certainly not the Sabbath...He said pray that the Sabbath be continued and observed even during the times of trouble after He was gone...

and so does Heb 4.
no it doesn't...it clearly teaches since Joshua did not provide rest there remains for the people a Sabbath keeping...not a man become a period of time

The NT does not quote the Mosaic Law regarding the Sabbath.
sure it does...He even upheld and amplified it's healing spirit...even by resting on it at His death...

It is not commanded and is not even mentioned after Acts but once. Funny how it's mentioned all the way through the OT to ISRAEL, but not once to anyone in the NT, especially not to Gentile believers in Christ. The Sabbath is fulfilled in Christ.
are you in the house of Israel or not? Paul continued to keep it as did the Gentiles crowding the synagogues sabbath after Sabbath...at the council even James recognized they would continue to do so as Moses was taught every weekly Sabbath...Gentiles merely had to do 4 things to associate with them on those Sabbaths...keeping kosher was 3 of 4 of those things

Sabbath certainly is implied by the apostles who export to keep the traditions they kept

Paul saying to copy him as He copied Christ...John the revelater spoke of those keeping the commandments of God and the testimony of Jesus and faithful churches receiving the prize of hidden manna which definitely is about the Sabbath and not Sunday...or in your case daily rest...

The 7th day remains as a holy day in remembrance of creation. But one does not need to take a day of rest in order to remember.
so true...I can remember creation on Tuesday and pretty much any day of the week in under a minute...but we make a day of it for other reasons...namely because we remember other things too...such as 1/10 His commandment...like it is what He does and offered it to us as His people...
Heb 4 clearly states that in Christ we rest from our labors, just as God rested on the 7th day.
He rested for a day...that "just as" is the part that you confuse...He stopped working on creation but continued the next day doing other things...that next day was not Holy... you conflate spiritual with temporal...both He and you do not rest the next day...and you certainly do not rest as the dead do or as we will when we cross the spiritual Jordan...

I just love that passage. It broke off the yoke from my neck, because trying to keep the Sabbath was definitely a yoke that I could not bear.
so much for His yoke is light...your belief in what that passage says broke even His light yoke from off your stiff neck...

I assume that you are sacrificing animals in order to honor God as He commanded on the Sabbath?
some of them remained of the house of Israel even in exile but they remember Him His way...

I don't accept any of the Law of Moses. I follow Christ and His Law.

Many will cry Lord Lord but only those that do the will of His Fsther will inherited...

The Sabbath was given to, spoken to the children of Israel, as long as they were under the Mosaic Covenant. You can't have it both ways. Either you are in Christ, the new covenant or you are under Moses and the old covenant.
under Adam's and Abraham's too

It sounds more like you are getting desperate to prove something to yourself or God. I am free of all that. Thank God.

Ask around...those newly in love wish to do what they are asked by their lovers...

It is when the love is gone or old and tired that it becomes a burden or chore...Love is like that it compels obedience...

The commandment of Jesus was a new one, per Him.
yup for thousands of years they awaited One...He was the New...Never before seen...

To believe on Him and To love one another as He loved us and gave His life for us.
yup love one another as He loved us includes giving a Sabbath day of rest to each other...

I do not fear judgment day at all, in the least. Jesus is my Sabbath Rest - that is eternal. I don't have to worry about a day and wonder if I am keep it like He said to. Good luck with keeping it according to the Mosaic Law. There was never a disannulment of the sacrifices under the Mosaic Covenant, just so you know.
ok

If we are in Christ Jesus, who is our Sabbath Rest and we are resting from our labors in Him, then we are resting as God did on the 7th day of creation.
nope on both counts...His not our Sabbath rest He gives us rest...and God is still working

For the believer, every day is Holy unto the Lord. I would not know how to live any other way.
ok

The Sabbath day was never a day of rest. You are kidding yourself if you think it was. It was a burden and a yoke.
the yoke was trying to earn salvation...not the Law...the Law is my delight

And no, I do not need a day to lay around and do nothing. Jesus did not, neither can I.
lol...now you do as He does?

Yup He did not rest everyday...but as His Father commanded...

The Sabbath was not given as a day of rest and to be kept holy until God gave it to Israel. God said that the commandments He gave to Israel were not given to anyone until then.
ummm...the covenant He gave was not given before...again you confuse covenants with its laws...

I do not keep or obey the Mosaic Law. I keep and obey the Law of Christ.
you do His Father's will do you?

Exactly my point, because no one was keeping a sabbath day until God gave it to Israel at Mt Sinai. The word Sabbath does not occur in the OT until Ex 16 to Israel.

His Law was handed out piecemeal? It was progressive and developed as need arose?

The commandments that God gave to Israel were a brand new thing. That is why He spent days giving them all to Moses and having him write them in the Book of the Law.

The knowledge of creation too? Noah? Abraham?...doesn't mean they didn't exist prior to Moses...

Those Hebrews were slaves for hundreds of years and well had to get a refresher course...yes a long one

Funny how the "new covenant" christened by a toast to NO gentile was not given the same attention...

Rather we have had those who like the Pharisees of old make false accusations and gave false witness that Paul taught the law was changed...

twisting text after text to conform to what they want it to say...

Or worse insist He changed it Himself...

"I will give you rest" is not "I am the Sabbath day"

Not hardly - but you do have a great imagination.

Jesus and Joshua are the same name. Perhaps you should study that out sometime.

Neither of them gave permanent rest thus there remains for the people of God a Sabbath keeping...

First, you have all days are the same...now Joshua and Jesus are the same name...

It just gets worse...lol

Last edited:

clefty

I am not rejecting a day of rest, never said that you could not take a day of rest. So why create a sraw man?

Relax... It's not all about you...you are not the only one who rejects what is for us...

Wasn't talking about you

But you do worse and make all days holy...

And you do make Isaiah a liar as even he knew one day was special

clefty

If you are agreeing with Rondonmonson, then why do you keep the Sabbath and promote the Law of Moses?

There was discussion about the Spirit's leading...to do as He did in all things if we love Him...

26 I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit in you; I will remove from you your heart of stone and give you a heart of flesh. 27 And I will put my Spirit in you and move you to follow my decrees and be careful to keep my laws. - Ezekiel 36:26-27

See?

"My decrees" and "My laws"...

NOT "My Son's Laws when He gives you new ones so careful to keep those"...

His house is not divided...

Last edited:

TweetyBird

That temple was fulfilled. Ezekiel's temple was prophesied before the Temple was rebuilt and the walls of Jerusalem erected once again during Nehemiah and Ezra. It's complete fulfillment is in Christ Jesus, as with all OT prophecy concerning all sacrifices. There will never again be sacrifices on an altar built with hands. The only sacrifices made now and forever are the fruit of our lips in praise and worship, and ourselves as living sacrifices unto the Lord.

TweetyBird

stiffnecks still amongst us...as if Jesus ain't God...even in the commandment itself it was given to those not of Israel and even the animals...ONE law for Israel and non Israelite...

What part of God gave the Sabbath only to Israel don't you understand? He said, to the CHILDREN OF ISRAEL. He did not say, it's for everyone, so line up and get to it.

He said pray that the Sabbath be continued and observed even during the times of trouble after He was gone...

No He didn't. He said if people were keeping the Sabbath to beware because destruction was coming and they might miss the opportunity to flee.

Matt 24
20 But pray ye that your flight be not in the winter, neither on the sabbath day: 21 for then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be. 22 And except those days should be shortened, there should no flesh be saved: but for the elect’s sake those days shall be shortened.

no it doesn't...it clearly teaches since Joshua did not provide rest there remains for the people a Sabbath keeping...not a man become a period of time

Jesus is God - He is the Sabbath, just as He is the new Jerusalem, the Temple, the Moon, the Sun, the Morning Star. He is Rest, He is Peace. In Him we cease from our labors - physical labor has nothing to do with rest in Christ. If you want to take a day off, go for it, but that is no longer the way one rests in belief in the Lord.

are you in the house of Israel or not? Paul continued to keep it as did the Gentiles crowding the synagogues sabbath after Sabbath...at the council even James recognized they would continue to do so as Moses was taught every weekly Sabbath...Gentiles merely had to do 4 things to associate with them on those Sabbaths...keeping kosher was 3 of 4 of those things

No, I am not in the House of Israel - I am of the household of Jesus Christ [Heb 3]. The four commandments did not list kosher commandments, only to refrain from eating blood. None of the four commandments had anything to do with the Sabbath. James said not one word about going to the synagogues to learn the Laws of Moses. In fact, about 15 years later, only the four commandments still stood as the only four given to the Gentiles and not one word about the Sabbath.

Paul went to the synagogue to preach the Gospel to both Jew and Gentile and when the Jews got tired of him doing that, because they did not want to hear about Jesus and objected to heathens in their synagogues, they kicked him out. So he went to the Gentiles for the rest of his ministry, as Jesus told him to.

Sabbath certainly is implied by the apostles who export to keep the traditions they kept

They went to the synagogues for the same reason Jesus did - to preach the kingdom of Heaven to the Jews because that is where a greater number of Jews gathered all at once. This is the same reason the apostles went to the feasts - because a greater number of Jews would be present to preach the Gospel that they might believe.

Paul saying to copy him as He copied Christ...John the revelater spoke of those keeping the commandments of God and the testimony of Jesus and faithful churches receiving the prize of hidden manna which definitely is about the Sabbath and not Sunday...or in your case daily rest...

There was no manna given on the Sabbath. Jesus is our Manna from Heaven, just as He is our Sabbath Rest.

There is no verse in the NT that states one must keep the Sabbath day. Not one.

Many will cry Lord Lord but only those that do the will of His Fsther will inherited...

The will of the Father is that we believe on His Son Jesus Christ, and love one another as He loved us and laid down His life for us.

nope on both counts...His not our Sabbath rest He gives us rest...and God is still working

Are you saying God is no longer resting on the 7th day?

the yoke was trying to earn salvation...not the Law...the Law is my delight

The Law was a yoke. Acts 15.

ummm...the covenant He gave was not given before...again you confuse covenants with its laws...

The Mosaic Law IS the covenant. How is it that you do not know this?

Deut 5
1 And Moses called all Israel, and said unto them, Hear, O Israel, the statutes and judgments which I speak in your ears this day, that ye may learn them, and keep, and do them.

2 The Lord our God made a covenant with us in Horeb.

3 The Lord made not this covenant with our fathers, but with us, even us, who are all of us here alive this day.

you do His Father's will do you?

Yes, all that He has prepared for me to do. Eph 2

Neither of them gave permanent rest thus there remains for the people of God a Sabbath keeping...

You are confusing physical rest with the rest we have in Christ. Physical rest is not the point, spiritual rest is. That is the difference between the shadow [physical rest] and the Light aka Jesus - who is our Spiritual Rest.

now Joshua and Jesus are the same name...

It just gets worse...lol

Joshua and Jesus as the same name. The Hebrew Yeshua (H3442)- Jesus, is the short form of Yehoshua (H3091)- Joshua. Yehoshua/Joshua was shortened to Yeshua in the OT and is seen in the English as "Jeshua" about 30 times. Hosea is also a form of Yeshua and means salvation.

Yehoshua/Joshua
H3091
יהושׁע יהושׁוּע
yehôshûa‛ yehôshûa‛
yeh-ho-shoo'-ah, yeh-ho-shoo'-ah

God is salvation

Jeshua
H3442
ישׁוּע
yêshûa‛

God is salvation or God saves

son of Nun of the tribe of Ephraim and successor to Moses as the leader of the children of Israel; led the conquest of Canaan
son of Jehozadak and high priest after the restoration
a priest in the time of David who had charge of the 9th course
a Levite in the reign of Hezekiah
head of a Levitical house which returned from captivity in Babylon
father of a builder of the wall of Jerusalem in the time of Nehemiah n pr loc
a town in southern Judah reinhabited by the people of Judah after the return from captivity

Hosea
H1954
הושׁע
hôshêa‛
ho-shay'-ah

Hosea or Hoshea or Oshea = "salvation"

family name of Joshua, the son of Nun
the 19th and last king of the northern kingdom of Israel
son of Beeri, and the first of the minor prophets; prophet to the northern kingdom of Israel in the reign of Jeroboam II
a son of Azaziah, a chief of Ephraim in the time of David
an Israelite chief who sealed the covenant with Nehemiah

Iesous/Jesus

G2424
Ἰησοῦς
Iēsous
ee-ay-sooce'

God is Salvation

Of Hebrew origin [H3091]; Jesus (that is, Jehoshua), the name of our Lord and two (three) other Israelites: - Jesus.

Rondonmonson

Why don't you pray to Jesus' God? He did.

Jesus is God, He is the Son or Redeemer. The Holy Spirit is God, He is our guider/comforter and God is God he Father, He has the Abundance of the Glory. You are right, Jesus prayed to the Father, and He now sits at the Right Hand of the Father, and he makes intercession for us, as we pray to Him.

Romans 8:33 Who will bring any charge against God’s elect? It is God who justifies. 34 Who is there to condemn us? For Christ Jesus, who died, and more than that was raised to life, is at the right hand of God — and He is interceding for us. {{ Our prayers to God go through Jesus Christ, because God can not see us, He must see the Sacrifice, Jesus Christ, thus He sees only that which bought and paid for our remittance of Sins, Jesus the Redeemer. Thus Jesus is our intermediary to God. Jesus was Holy.

Hebrews 7:25 24But because Jesus lives forever, He has a permanent priesthood. 25Therefore He is able to save completely those who draw near to God through Him, since He always lives to intercede for them. 26 Such a high priest truly befits us—One who is holy, innocent, undefiled, set apart from sinners, and exalted above the heavens

We are supposed to pray IN JESUS NAME...

John 14:13-14
"Whatever you ask in My name, that will I do, so that the Father may be glorified in the Son. "If you ask Me anything in My name, I will do it.

John 16:24
"Until now you have asked for nothing in My name; ask and you will receive, so that your joy may be made full.