Has All Been Fulfilled? Have Heaven and Earth Passed?

clefty

The nation of Israel was not a champion of faith.
yes the Law proved that...no one can keep it and it does not perfect...

She failed miserably, which is why God broke the covenant with her and promised a new covenant, NOT LIKE the one given at Mt Sinai.

Wait what? fault with the people was found so it was the covenant which was broken not the Law and the same Laws were written on the hearts and minds of...well...Israel...notice it does not say My NEW Laws...but MY Laws...arguing they are new is arguing from silence...

Heb 4 states that Israel could not even enter the Sabbath rest because of unbelief.

Wait what? Seriously? Never heard that before...lol

Heb 3 makes clear he speaks of those who could not enter the promised land for their unbelief made manifest in disobedience...the rest here is not the sabbath day but the promised land...they entered the Sabbath rest every morning they did not find manna on the ground...

So joshua failed to get them across the Jordan not into the sabbath days...is why it remains...a sabbath keeping remains for the people of Yah it says...until we enter paradise ourselves or die in Him and cease forever from our labor as Yah did...but now it is just a day of rest as we have to get back to work by the sweat of our brow as we are still under the curse of our rebellion...

Last edited:

clefty

How were you saved? Why is sin still an issue with you? Have you not reckoned yourself to be dead indeed unto sin, but alive unto God through Jesus Christ our Lord?

"Therefore, my beloved, just as you have always obeyed, not only in my presence, but now even more in my absence, continue to work out your salvation with fear and trembling. 13For it is God who works in you to will and to act on behalf of His good pleasure…"

Death to self is daily...as is growth in Him through faith made manifested by works...

clefty

You said your faith justified you, but the passage shows you it is by the faith OF Jesus Christ that we are justified. It means what it says, not as you say.
ummm...yes...my faith OF Him...or you mean by the faith of Him for us...hmmm that is interesting...His faith in us to be faithful and obedient

What work? Lay it out for me.
well...ironically just to rest...one day a week...the seventh day...keep it Holy...no need to make it Holy...just know it already is...

clefty

That would be a lease violation.

Cute...real cute...

But yes paying rent is exactly like what was happening in the OT...

You have faith first in your landlord, his place and the money you use...then you hand it over to him for the next month...

Ha...thanks for the teaching moment

clefty

Thank you for clarifying my comment.
It would appear that the Law has not been fulfilled.

We really need to be more mindful of the terms we use around these topics...

The covenant is a contract it is more than the Law...

The Law is not destroyed by its fulfillment...just like a recipe is not destroyed by its requiremants being fulfilled...

And "until all is fulfilled" is also translated as "all is accomplished"...

Well...sin remains, we are not in paradise, and heaven and earth still remain so all is not fulfilled even though the Law was...that is kept perfectly by Him.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
The Lord rose from the dead on the first day of the week.

As the Lamb of God Jesus fulfilled the Passover. the next thing he needed to fulfill was the wave sheaf presentation. The law required this be done on the day after the Sabbath.

Leviticus 23:10-11 Speak to the children of Israel and say to them: "When you come into the land which I give to you and reap its harvest, then you shall bring a sheaf of the firstfruits of your harvest to the priest. He shall wave the sheaf before the LORD to be accepted on your behalf, on the day after the Sabbath the priest shall wave it."​

In order to fulfill the law it was required that Jesus be raised on the day after the Sabbath. And he was.

The next thing Jesus will fulfill is Pentecost. What a wonderful day that will be.

:banana:

Lilstu

“So it shall be when all of these things have come upon you, the blessing and the curse which I have set before you, and you call them to mind in all nations where the Lord your God has banished you, 2 and you return to the Lord your God and obey Him with all your heart and soul according to all that I command you today, you and your sons, 3 then the Lord your God will restore you from captivity, and have compassion on you, and will gather you again from all the peoples where the Lord your God has scattered you. 4 If your outcasts are at the ends of the earth, from there the Lord your God will gather you, and from there He will bring you back. 5 The Lord your God will bring you into the land which your fathers possessed, and you shall possess it; and He will prosper you and multiply you more than your fathers.

I don't think this has been fulfilled.

TweetyBird

:e4e:

Not only did Abraham not inherit the land, but neither did Isaac and Jacob.
And neither did Jacob's 12 sons.

Joshua states that he/they did.

Joshua 21

43 And the Lord gave unto Israel all the land which he sware to give unto their fathers; and they possessed it, and dwelt therein.

44 And the Lord gave them rest round about, according to all that he sware unto their fathers: and there stood not a man of all their enemies before them; the Lord delivered all their enemies into their hand.

45 There failed not ought of any good thing which the Lord had spoken unto the house of Israel; all came to pass.

TweetyBird

yes the Law proved that...no one can keep it and it does not perfect...

That has not changed one iota in 3500 years.

Wait what? fault with the people was found so it was the covenant which was broken not the Law and the same Laws were written on the hearts and minds of...well...Israel...notice it does not say My NEW Laws...but MY Laws...arguing they are new is arguing from silence...

Not possible. A new covenant is new laws. The NT is filled with new commandments not found in the Mosaic Law. The NT is filled with new laws and none of the Mosaic Law. In fact, Jesus never calls the Mosaic Law "His laws" but "your law" and the Law of the Jews. Another fact, Jesus quoted Jer 31 when He said that all those taught of God were in Him, and that the new covenant Law was to "forget iniquities" - that is the new law. The Law written on our hearts is LOVE. All of the law is fulfilled in LOVE, the love of Christ in us.

God broke the old covenant. But it remained, by His grace until Christ came. Then Jesus said, I take my kingdom from Israel and give it to a nation that will bear fruit. The Mosaic Law cannot bear good fruit, this is why a new Law, a Spiritual law written on the heart [2 Cor 3].

Wait what? Seriously? Never heard that before...lol

That is why one must spend more time in the NT, instead of going back to the shadows. There is no truth there anymore. Now we walk in the Light, who is Christ Jesus.

Heb 4
1 Let us therefore fear, lest, a promise being left us of entering into his rest, any of you should seem to come short of it. 2 For unto us was the gospel preached, as well as unto them: but the word preached did not profit them, not being mixed with faith in them that heard it. 3 For we which have believed do enter into rest, as he said, As I have sworn in my wrath, if they shall enter into my rest: although the works were finished from the foundation of the world. 4 For he spake in a certain place of the seventh day on this wise, And God did rest the seventh day from all his works. 5 And in this place again, If they shall enter into my rest. 6 Seeing therefore it remaineth that some must enter therein, and they to whom it was first preached entered not in because of unbelief: 7 again, he limiteth a certain day, saying in David, To day, after so long a time; as it is said, To day if ye will hear his voice, harden not your hearts. 8 For if Jesus had given them rest, then would he not afterward have spoken of another day. 9 There remaineth therefore a rest to the people of God. 10 For he that is entered into his rest, he also hath ceased from his own works, as God did from his. 11 Let us labour therefore to enter into that rest, lest any man fall after the same example of unbelief.

So joshua failed to get them across the Jordan not into the sabbath days...is why it remains...a sabbath keeping remains for the people of Yah it says...until we enter paradise ourselves or die in Him and cease forever from our labor as Yah did...but now it is just a day of rest as we have to get back to work by the sweat of our brow as we are still under the curse of our rebellion...

There is no more a certain day, but TODAY, harden not your hearts and enter the rest of God by belief aka belief in Christ. He is Rest and Peace and therefore, He is the Lord of the Sabbath, the Sabbath Rest.

Matt 11
27 All things are delivered unto me of my Father: and no man knoweth the Son, but the Father; neither knoweth any man the Father, save the Son, and he to whomsoever the Son will reveal him.

28 Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. 29 Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. 30 For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.

TweetyBird

We really need to be more mindful of the terms we use around these topics...

The covenant is a contract it is more than the Law...

The Law is not destroyed by its fulfillment...just like a recipe is not destroyed by its requiremants being fulfilled...

And "until all is fulfilled" is also translated as "all is accomplished"...

Well...sin remains, we are not in paradise, and heaven and earth still remain so all is not fulfilled even though the Law was...that is kept perfectly by Him.

The "contract" was the Law aka the commandments - you know, the ones God said to do, all of them [613 by Rabbinic count]? or they would be cursed?

ps: Jesus did not keep the Law perfectly. The law required animal sacrifices for sin. Jesus was perfect and without sin when He was born. He did not have to keep the Law from being cursed or to get blessed or to "choose life". What a pile of huey. I do not know why this false statement has made it's way on the table [Jesus had to keep the Law perfectly, yadda yadda].

Lilstu

Joshua states that he/they did.

Joshua 21

43 And the Lord gave unto Israel all the land which he sware to give unto their fathers; and they possessed it, and dwelt therein.

44 And the Lord gave them rest round about, according to all that he sware unto their fathers: and there stood not a man of all their enemies before them; the Lord delivered all their enemies into their hand.

45 There failed not ought of any good thing which the Lord had spoken unto the house of Israel; all came to pass.

Abraham was promised the 'promised land" but he never even got even a foot of ground. Acts 7:5

TweetyBird

“So it shall be when all of these things have come upon you, the blessing and the curse which I have set before you, and you call them to mind in all nations where the Lord your God has banished you, 2 and you return to the Lord your God and obey Him with all your heart and soul according to all that I command you today, you and your sons, 3 then the Lord your God will restore you from captivity, and have compassion on you, and will gather you again from all the peoples where the Lord your God has scattered you. 4 If your outcasts are at the ends of the earth, from there the Lord your God will gather you, and from there He will bring you back. 5 The Lord your God will bring you into the land which your fathers possessed, and you shall possess it; and He will prosper you and multiply you more than your fathers.

I don't think this has been fulfilled.

It was fulfilled per Joshua 21. And again during the time of Nehemiah and Ezra. And again when Jesus died, because His death brought all those from near and far into His body, Jew and Gentile alike. John 11:47-52

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
It was fulfilled per Joshua 21. And again during the time of Nehemiah and Ezra. And again when Jesus died, because His death brought all those from near and far into His body, Jew and Gentile alike. John 11:47-52

The land of Iraq and Saudi Arabia are part of the land of Israel and yet there is a big fuss over the west bank of the Jordan.

Zeke

The old covenant was broken by God and new one prophesied. The NT shows us this new covenant and how it was accomplished and implemented through Christ. The old covenant was ratified in the blood of animals. The new covenant was ratified in the blood of Christ forevermore, no more change, no more fault. A perfect covenant for all mankind - those who believe in Christ and are washed in His blood.

God being Spirit never meant for the blood of animals to be spilled literally, the spiritual temple was the one the eternal Christ was dealing with in man (divine seeds that fall to the ground and die) to show them the way back to Divine awareness, the "only dwelling place of God" the allegorical intent of the stories wrongly interpreted is the veil yet to be torn asunder by literal traditionalist who fail to realize nothing outwardly was being taught other than symbolic shadows, only the carnal mind holds on to them being literal events in this temporal kingdom.

Lilstu

The ten lost tribes are still missing.

Ezek 37
15 The word of the Lord came again to me saying, 16 “And you, son of man, take for yourself one stick and write on it, ‘For Judah and for the sons of Israel, his companions’; then take another stick and write on it, ‘For Joseph, the stick of Ephraim and all the house of Israel, his companions.’ 17 Then join them for yourself one to another into one stick, that they may become one in your hand. 18 When the sons of your people speak to you saying, ‘Will you not declare to us what you mean by these?’ 19 say to them, ‘Thus says the Lord God, “Behold, I will take the stick of Joseph, which is in the hand of Ephraim, and the tribes of Israel, his companions; and I will put them with it, with the stick of Judah, and make them one stick, and they will be one in My hand.”’ 20 The sticks on which you write will be in your hand before their eyes. 21 Say to them, ‘Thus says the Lord God, “Behold, I will take the sons of Israel from among the nations where they have gone, and I will gather them from every side and bring them into their own land; 22 and I will make them one nation in the land, on the mountains of Israel; and one king will be king for all of them; and they will no longer be two nations and no longer be divided into two kingdoms. 23 They will no longer defile themselves with their idols, or with their detestable things, or with any of their transgressions; but I will deliver them from all their dwelling places in which they have sinned, and will cleanse them. And they will be My people, and I will be their God.

The sticks don't get joined until AFTER the resurrection..

clefty

As the Lamb of God Jesus fulfilled the Passover. the next thing he needed to fulfill was the wave sheaf presentation. The law required this be done on the day after the Sabbath.

Leviticus 23:10-11 Speak to the children of Israel and say to them: "When you come into the land which I give to you and reap its harvest, then you shall bring a sheaf of the firstfruits of your harvest to the priest. He shall wave the sheaf before the LORD to be accepted on your behalf, on the day after the Sabbath the priest shall wave it."​

In order to fulfill the law it was required that Jesus be raised on the day after the Sabbath. And he was.

Yes in time to celebrate the first fruits...as an example.

Is that when He said seventh day sabbath keeping was over and we are to worship on Sunday?

That He was risen on Sunday doesn't mean that is when He rose...and just because the tomb was found empty that morning doesn't mean it was emptied that day.

The next thing Jesus will fulfill is Pentecost. What a wonderful day that will be.

:banana:

Will be? You don't consider the Holy Spirit descending like tongues of flames causing the gathered crowd to speak in other languages a fulfillment of the Law being written into the hearts and minds of all peoples of all languages a Pentecost?

And by fulfillment I don't mean an abrogation of the Law as Paul and the early church continued to keep it...

clefty

That has not changed one iota in 3500 years.
ummm well yes there is minor one...in Him we are as if we kept them all...so its curse is lifted as long as we are in Him or He in us keeping us faithful to them...

Not possible. A new covenant is new laws.
could be...but not necessarily...this one kept the same Laws just had new signatures...one of which is a Savior's the world had never seen before...That is new.

So same lease or rental contract, but a different Landowner different renters...

The NT is filled with new commandments not found in the Mosaic Law.
love God and each other is in the OT
The NT is filled with new laws and none of the Mosaic Law.
wow just wow...even after His death he had to rely on it...And beginning with Moses and all the Prophets, he explained to them what was said in all the Scriptures concerning himself.

In fact, Jesus never calls the Mosaic Law "His laws" but "your law" and the Law of the Jews. Another fact, Jesus quoted Jer 31 when He said that all those taught of God were in Him, and that the new covenant Law was to "forget iniquities" - that is the new law. The Law written on our hearts is LOVE. All of the law is fulfilled in LOVE, the love of Christ in us.

Typing a big lettered "LOVE" can only mean you mean a love as He LOVED us...which means we don't offer Sunday Ham because His LOVE doesn't either...

God broke the old covenant. But it remained, by His grace until Christ came. Then Jesus said, I take my kingdom from Israel and give it to a nation that will bear fruit. The Mosaic Law cannot bear good fruit, this is why a new Law, a Spiritual law written on the heart [2 Cor 3].
that was never its job...it was to point out sin not bear good fruit...

That is why one must spend more time in the NT, instead of going back to the shadows. There is no truth there anymore. Now we walk in the Light, who is Christ Jesus.
your mistake is of the OT claiming they didn't enter Sabbath rest...

Heb 4
1 Let us therefore fear, lest, a promise being left us of entering into his rest, any of you should seem to come short of it. 2 For unto us was the gospel preached, as well as unto them: but the word preached did not profit them, not being mixed with faith in them that heard it. 3 For we which have believed do enter into rest, as he said, As I have sworn in my wrath, if they shall enter into my rest: although the works were finished from the foundation of the world. 4 For he spake in a certain place of the seventh day on this wise, And God did rest the seventh day from all his works. 5 And in this place again, If they shall enter into my rest. 6 Seeing therefore it remaineth that some must enter therein, and they to whom it was first preached entered not in because of unbelief: 7 again, he limiteth a certain day, saying in David, To day, after so long a time; as it is said, To day if ye will hear his voice, harden not your hearts. 8 For if Jesus had given them rest, then would he not afterward have spoken of another day. 9 There remaineth therefore a rest to the people of God. 10 For he that is entered into his rest, he also hath ceased from his own works, as God did from his. 11 Let us labour therefore to enter into that rest, lest any man fall after the same example of unbelief.

Yup unbelief disallows one to enter rest...but the sabbath rest they entered remains for us the people of God...and as believers that Day spoken of will be when we do cross the spiritual Jordan and rest in paradise...

There is no more a certain day, but TODAY, harden not your hearts and enter the rest of God by belief aka belief in Christ. He is Rest and Peace and therefore, He is the Lord of the Sabbath, the Sabbath Rest.
He is Lord of the Sabbath is true but now you take that day away Which gives Him Lordship and call it worthless...

Matt 11
27 All things are delivered unto me of my Father: and no man knoweth the Son, but the Father; neither knoweth any man the Father, save the Son, and he to whomsoever the Son will reveal him.

28 Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. for I am the Sabbath day.29 Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart and the Sabbath day: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. 30 For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.

There I made the changes you need to make it say what you want...

There remains a yoke...it is easy...but it remains