Has All Been Fulfilled? Have Heaven and Earth Passed?

heir

TOL Subscriber
Ummm...

because all have sinned we WANT to follow Him and do as He did because we are tired of doing wrong...

I can't bat 1000% but I want to...and I have a good coach...ya dig?

If we hadn't sinned we wouldn't need to follow Him as we could do as we pleased since we would be sinless...

So now I guess be so sick of sin you want to do as He did..."go and sin no more" He said...
The wages of sin is death. So then to pay the wages you will have to die. That is, unless Someone was made to be sin for you, was delivered for your offences and raised again for your justification and that's exactly what took place 2000 years before you were ever born!

2 Corinthians 5:19 To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation.

2 Corinthians 5:21 For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.

Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and thou shalt be saved; believing that Christ died for YOUR sins and that He was buried and rose again the third day!

1 Corinthians 15:1 Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand; 2 By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain. 3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; 4 And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:

When you trust the Lord for salvation after hearing and believing the word of truth (1 Corinthians 15:1-4) you will be baptized into the one body by the Holy Spirit (1 Corinthians 12:13) and sealed with that Holy Spirit of promise (Ephesians 1:13-14) unto the day of redemption (Ephesians 4:30).

God, through the faith and finished work of the Lord Jesus Christ, did all the work necessary to save you. Receive the free gift. Receive it by faith; believing Christ died for your sins, was buried and rose again the third day (1 Corinthians 15:1-4). No matter who you are, where you've been or what you did while you were there, God will save you when you trust Him for salvation believing what Christ did for you!

Romans 4:25 Who was delivered for our offences, and was raised again for our justification.

Romans 6:23 For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

It is the gift of God, not of works lest any man should boast.

Ephesians 2:8-9 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: 9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.

heir

TOL Subscriber
I did...he said it is by our faith we are justified
Read it again.

Galatians 2:16 Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified.

heir

TOL Subscriber
Paul just responded to just follow him as he followed Him and so...well...He said obey Him as He obeyed His Father so that all means we are to follow the Law as that is the Father's will...
No, we are in the but now where the righteousness of God without the law is manifested!

Romans 3:21 But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets;

Romans 3:22 Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference:

Romans 3:23 For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;

Romans 3:24 Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus:

When you place yourself under the law, you place yourself under a curse!

Galatians 3:10 For as many as are of the works of the law are under the curse: for it is written, Cursed is every one that continueth not in all things which are written in the book of the law to do them.

heir

TOL Subscriber
I never said I do all the commandments I said I want to...it's a desire to do works...good works...His works...that which keeps faith alive...and brings me closer to Him.

Galatians 2:20 I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

heir

TOL Subscriber
I never said I do all the commandments I said I want to...it's a desire to do works...good works...His works...that which keeps faith alive...and brings me closer to Him.
How much closer to God can you get than complete in Him?

Colossians 2:9 For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.

Colossians 2:10 And ye are complete in him, which is the head of all principality and power:

Colossians 2:11 In whom also ye are circumcised with the circumcision made without hands, in putting off the body of the sins of the flesh by the circumcision of Christ:

Colossians 2:12 Buried with him in baptism, wherein also ye are risen with him through the faith of the operation of God, who hath raised him from the dead.

Colossians 2:13 And you, being dead in your sins and the uncircumcision of your flesh, hath he quickened together with him, having forgiven you all trespasses;

clefty

The wages of sin is death. So then to pay the wages you will have to die. That is, unless Someone was made to be sin for you, was delivered for your offences and raised again for your justification and that's exactly what took place 2000 years before you were ever born!

2 Corinthians 5:19 To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation.

2 Corinthians 5:21 For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.

Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and thou shalt be saved; believing that Christ died for YOUR sins and that He was buried and rose again the third day!

1 Corinthians 15:1 Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand; 2 By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain. 3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; 4 And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:

When you trust the Lord for salvation after hearing and believing the word of truth (1 Corinthians 15:1-4) you will be baptized into the one body by the Holy Spirit (1 Corinthians 12:13) and sealed with that Holy Spirit of promise (Ephesians 1:13-14) unto the day of redemption (Ephesians 4:30).

God, through the faith and finished work of the Lord Jesus Christ, did all the work necessary to save you. Receive the free gift. Receive it by faith; believing Christ died for your sins, was buried and rose again the third day (1 Corinthians 15:1-4). No matter who you are, where you've been or what you did while you were there, God will save you when you trust Him for salvation believing what Christ did for you!

Romans 4:25 Who was delivered for our offences, and was raised again for our justification.

Romans 6:23 For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

It is the gift of God, not of works lest any man should boast.

Ephesians 2:8-9 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: 9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.

Of course He secured eternal life for me...is why I wish to go and sin no more...

Live as He did and as He asked of us to do...

It's gratitude that fuels this baby, not sanctimonious righteousness through works...

Last edited:

clefty

Read it again.

Galatians 2:16 Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified.

Yup He did so I can too...through faith in Him

Again... the work is voluntary made easy by gratitude in Him as He takes over our lives...the yoke is light not burdensome as it symbolizes we are His

Last edited:

clefty

No, we are in the but now where the righteousness of God without the law is manifested!

Romans 3:21 But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets;

Romans 3:22 Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference:

Romans 3:23 For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;

Romans 3:24 Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus:

When you place yourself under the law, you place yourself under a curse!

Galatians 3:10 For as many as are of the works of the law are under the curse: for it is written, Cursed is every one that continueth not in all things which are written in the book of the law to do them.

Slow down there...

It has always been "rather mercy than sacrifice"...the Law merely points out sin

We were to learn mercy and righteousness and from Who it comes by obeying it...

And yes

Cursed is every one that continueth not in all things which are written in the book of the law to do them.

This ends the matter

Love God keep His commandments...

Love means faith first...

Noah had faith first then obeyed building the ark...he received mercy as he was found blameless...

Last edited:

clefty

Galatians 2:20 I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

Yup

living in me helping me do as He did

clefty

How much closer to God can you get than complete in Him?

Colossians 2:9 For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.

Colossians 2:10 And ye are complete in him, which is the head of all principality and power:

Colossians 2:11 In whom also ye are circumcised with the circumcision made without hands, in putting off the body of the sins of the flesh by the circumcision of Christ:

Colossians 2:12 Buried with him in baptism, wherein also ye are risen with him through the faith of the operation of God, who hath raised him from the dead.

Colossians 2:13 And you, being dead in your sins and the uncircumcision of your flesh, hath he quickened together with him, having forgiven you all trespasses;

Now show me where we do as we please with Him living in us...and by do as we please I mean man's tradition...no matter how long or which church father practiced it...

He gives rest...not Sunday Ham

Last edited:

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
The wages of sin is death. So then to pay the wages you will have to die.

It's appointed for everyone die once.

Hebrews 9:27 And as it is appointed for men to die once, but after this the judgment...​

Dying is no big deal, anyone can do it.

Now what?

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
...for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified.

The law for ancient Israel ended with the Temple. That has nothing to do with us today and yet people keep referring to it as if it was somehow applicable to us.

Why? :idunno:

clefty

The law for ancient Israel ended with the Temple. That has nothing to do with us today and yet people keep referring to it as if it was somehow applicable to us.

Why? :idunno:

"for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified."

That was true before the temple during both temples and certainly after...

Why you keep thinking it wasn't applicable then as now?

But only flesh justified in faith desires to do works asked of it...

Remember blood was spilt on the doors after there was faith there was a divine wrath coming...

Lilstu

Has everything in the Law [the first 5 books of the Bible] been fulfilled?
And He took him outside and said, “Now look toward the heavens, and count the stars, if you are able to count them.” And He said to him, “So shall your descendants be.”
There are trillions of stars.

Lilstu

A figure of speech meaning more than a few.

Genesis 15:7 New American Standard Bible (NASB)
And He said to him, “I am the Lord who brought you out of Ur of the Chaldeans, to give you this land to possess it.”

Acts 7:5 New American Standard Bible (NASB)
But He gave him no inheritance in it, not even a foot of ground, and yet, even when he had no child, He promised that He would give it to him as a possession, and to his descendants after him.

Abraham never got the land he was promised. Unfulfilled.

TweetyBird

The new covenant is for Israel and Judah as mortal beings. Those in Christ belong to neither group.

The new covenant is the blood of Christ shed for all. The NT shows that the new covenant prophesied in Jer 31 includes Gentiles. If one is not in that covenant, they are not saved.

TweetyBird

What was in the ark of the covenant? What was placed beside the ark of the covenant?

The OT shows that the 10 and all the commandments given to Moses for Israel, including the book of the Law is ALL the old covenant aka the Mosaic Covenant Law.

TweetyBird

No missing the ball? LOL...even Moses swung at the wrong thing and ended up going Home...

There was constant missing the ball with Israel even with her heroes...and champions of faith...is why the game was played at all...to get Home

You really forget the mercy back there...the grace to those with faith...

Sacrifices were for sins you were ignorant of...for what wrong you knew you did restitution with interest was demanded...

There was grace and mercy long before Moses entered this House...and the House rules have not changed...you claim the blood for sin you are ignorant of and for the sin you are mindful of you confess and resolve with Him to go and "sin no more"...

Judgement day is coming and faith in the covering blood is key...and that faith is revealed by works...you working to keep the House clean or just junkin' up the place?...those are the House rules...

The nation of Israel was not a champion of faith. She failed miserably, which is why God broke the covenant with her and promised a new covenant, NOT LIKE the one given at Mt Sinai. Heb 4 states that Israel could not even enter the Sabbath rest because of unbelief.