Hades

Stuu

Anything that exists in time is subject to the laws of time. I can't believe I'm answering this. Why don't you read the Bible and contemplate what you read?
You aren't answering anything. Do you just make up your religious beliefs as you go along, or do you have some reference to the Judeo-christian scriptures for your claims about Hades? What I read in the bible is that before Jesus there was no concept of punishment associated with hell. So maybe Jesus changed the nature of hell, or perhaps the ancient Jewish part of the bible is wrong.

Stuart

Truster

"But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of Elohim: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned".

clefty

Thanks for confirming the reason I don't bother with the likes of you.

More interested in Hades anyway...

So you think conversations took place over the chasm over the roar of flames and cries of others tormented?

When others were raised from the dead many believed...so was Abraham wrong that someone raised from the dead was not convincing?

Oh and do you really think if literal water could be attained only a drop would suffice?

Truster

More interested in Hades anyway...

So you think conversations took place over the chasm over the roar of flames and cries of others tormented?

When others were raised from the dead many believed...so was Abraham wrong that someone raised from the dead was not convincing?

Oh and do you really think if literal water could be attained only a drop would suffice?

Your statements and questions confirm that you have not be converted.

clefty

There is nothing to convert what He said about His friend who was dead for 4 days from “he is dead” to “he is resting on Abraham’s bosom”

He was all about healing and comforting people and telling truth...if it was true that Lazarus was with Abraham on his bosom in hades He waoukd have said so...that is comforting to know

What He said was even to clarify... “he is dead” it was in His interest the disciples knew the truth...

Why even cry if you think your friend is on Abraham’s bosom?...

Derf

Why do you even bother with these forums, Truster? If no one is converted by your posts, and you won't speak to the unconverted, and even if you did speak to them, the unconverted can't understand your posts, and the converted don't need your posts, what point is there to your posts?

Why pontificate about Hades to a bunch of people that can't avoid going there?

That makes as much sense as Jesus Christ offering the gospel to the world and then preventing all but a few from believing in Him.

Truster

Why do you even bother with these forums, Truster? If no one is converted by your posts, and you won't speak to the unconverted, and even if you did speak to them, the unconverted can't understand your posts, and the converted don't need your posts, what point is there to your posts?

Why pontificate about Hades to a bunch of people that can't avoid going there?

That makes as much sense as Jesus Christ offering the gospel to the world and then preventing all but a few from believing in Him.

Absolute truth is absolutely necessary and continually confirms that salvation belongs to Yah Veh. I simply point out that a profession of religion is not the currency of glory.

Truster

There is nothing to convert what He said about His friend who was dead for 4 days from “he is dead” to “he is resting on Abraham’s bosom”

He was all about healing and comforting people and telling truth...if it was true that Lazarus was with Abraham on his bosom in hades He waoukd have said so...that is comforting to know

What He said was even to clarify... “he is dead” it was in His interest the disciples knew the truth...

Why even cry if you think your friend is on Abraham’s bosom?...

What on earth are you twittering on about...rhetorical?

Truster

Hades is the lock-up where the spirits of the wicked are kept until the resurrection unto judgement. It is then that the dead shall raise and the wicked will be reunited with grave bodies.

Derf

Hades is the lock-up where the spirits of the wicked are kept until the resurrection unto judgement. It is then that the dead shall raise and the wicked will be reunited with grave bodies.

So what do you think the bodies will be like for the wicked? Let's presume, for instance, that a wicked person's body was cremated after death, or maybe just decomposed--returning to dust. Do you think God will recompose the bodies with the same material?

And if so, does the lake of fire have any effect on the bodies, if that effect is not to completely incinerate the bodies back to the ashes/dust they were between life and resurrection?

And why do they need bodies in hell? if they are able to be tormented in Hades without bodies, of what purpose are those bodies in hell?

Seems like a waste of time to recompose bodies that will be incinerated, but it also seems like a waste of time to recompose bodies at all, since the spirits can be tormented just as easily as the whole person.

Truster

So what do you think the bodies will be like for the wicked? Let's presume, for instance, that a wicked person's body was cremated after death, or maybe just decomposed--returning to dust. Do you think God will recompose the bodies with the same material?

And if so, does the lake of fire have any effect on the bodies, if that effect is not to completely incinerate the bodies back to the ashes/dust they were between life and resurrection?

And why do they need bodies in hell? if they are able to be tormented in Hades without bodies, of what purpose are those bodies in hell?

Seems like a waste of time to recompose bodies that will be incinerated, but it also seems like a waste of time to recompose bodies at all, since the spirits can be tormented just as easily as the whole person.

Your questions are not framed for understanding and your attitude is irreverent.

Last edited:

Derf

Your questions are not frames for understanding and your attitude is irreverent.

My attitude is "irrelevant", not "irreverent". Try to keep that straight.

And they aren't supposed to be frames for anything--they're just questions.

If you can't answer them, just say so. It's no shame to admit you don't know everything.

Truster

My attitude is "irrelevant", not "irreverent". Try to keep that straight.

And they aren't supposed to be frames for anything--they're just questions.

If you can't answer them, just say so. It's no shame to admit you don't know everything.

Typo corrected framed not frames. Irreverent by attitude and irreverent by name. There is nothing that I can say that you would understand.

Derf

Typo corrected framed not frames. Irreverent by attitude and irreverent by name. There is nothing that I can say that you would understand.

Try not to be discouraged. You can work on your communication skills.

9780071510738_1.jpg

Truster

Try not to be discouraged. You can work on your communication skills.

9780071510738_1.jpg

The problem is not with my ability to communicate but with your inability to comprehend.

'Seeing, they might see and not perceive; and hearing, they might hear and not understand; lest ever they should turn, and they should be forgiven.'"

Truster

PS You were obviously brought up in a "christian home" and denomination. You have not been converted. You hate the truth and are continually opposing it. I advise you to stop doing so. I'm putting you on ignore.

Derf

The problem is not with my ability to communicate but with your inability to comprehend.

'Seeing, they might see and not perceive; and hearing, they might hear and not understand; lest ever they should turn, and they should be forgiven.'"

But unless you have someone to communicate to, there's no point in your communicating. To preach to a crowd that can't understand what you are saying is a waste of time. Jesus wasn't saying that they couldn't understand, but that they wouldn't understand--that they were unwilling to turn and be forgiven, and He could tell that because they weren't willing to hear the truth He was offering--that He was God in the flesh, come to save them from their sins. He wasn't wasting His time.

You? You're wasting your time. But that's ok, because you have no message for anyone anyway. So may as well waste your time here rather than where someone might actually need to hear the gospel and be unable to participate because you won't tell them the truth.

But woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye shut up the kingdom of heaven against men: for ye neither go in [yourselves], neither suffer ye them that are entering to go in. [Mat 23:13 KJV]

Truster

This message is hidden because Derf is on your ignore list.

I refuse, point blank, to speak peace to the unregenerate, hypocrites, religious dogma lovers...see my signature.