"Give Your Life to Jesus"

God's Truth

Right you are. To whom will be the NC?

Answer: Hebrews 8:8-10 KJV

The New Covenant is with Jesus to the Jews AND GENTILES.

It was prophesied that Gentiles would be saved.

Luke 24:47 and repentance for the forgiveness of sins will be preached in his name to all nations, beginning at Jerusalem.

heir

TOL Subscriber
The gospel of God is the gospel of Christ. Jesus Christ is God.

The gospel of God is the WHO of Jesus Christ and God proving it with power by the resurrection of His Son (Romans 1:1-4 KJV).

The gospel of Christ is the WHY of the cross; that Christ died for our sins including resurrection from the dead (Romans 15:1-4 KJV) and that for our justification (Romans 4:25 KJV).

Which one is the gospel of YOUR salvation?

heir

TOL Subscriber
The New Covenant is with Jesus to the Jews AND GENTILES.
The NC is with the house of Israel and the house of Judah.

Hebrews 8:8 For finding fault with them, he saith, Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah:

You don't like the facts, but there they are.

And yes, certain gentiles will inherit the kingdom.

Matthew 25:31 When the Son of man shall come in his glory, and all the holy angels with him, then shall he sit upon the throne of his glory:

Matthew 25:32 And before him shall be gathered all nations: and he shall separate them one from another, as a shepherd divideth his sheep from the goats:

Matthew 25:33 And he shall set the sheep on his right hand, but the goats on the left.

Matthew 25:34 Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world:

Matthew 25:35 For I was an hungred, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in:

Matthew 25:36 Naked, and ye clothed me: I was sick, and ye visited me: I was in prison, and ye came unto me.

Matthew 25:37 Then shall the righteous answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, and fed thee? or thirsty, and gave thee drink?

Matthew 25:38 When saw we thee a stranger, and took thee in? or naked, and clothed thee?

Matthew 25:39 Or when saw we thee sick, or in prison, and came unto thee?

Matthew 25:40 And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.

Matthew 25:41 Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:

Matthew 25:42 For I was an hungred, and ye gave me no meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me no drink:

Matthew 25:43 I was a stranger, and ye took me not in: naked, and ye clothed me not: sick, and in prison, and ye visited me not.

Matthew 25:44 Then shall they also answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, or athirst, or a stranger, or naked, or sick, or in prison, and did not minister unto thee?

Matthew 25:45 Then shall he answer them, saying, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these, ye did it not to me.

Matthew 25:46 And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal.

That does not change with whom the NC will be made. Just who do you think it is that will need to be taught? Not Israel!

Hebrews 8:11 And they shall not teach every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for all shall know me, from the least to the greatest.

but Gentiles!

Matthew 28:19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:

Matthew 28:20 Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

None of that happens until the second coming!

heir

TOL Subscriber
People telling you to give your life to Jesus definitely seems like the right thing to do and I share your sentiment with the whole works speech.
The point of the OP is that it is made up and has NOTHING to do with salvation!

heir

TOL Subscriber
Take your little conversation about the law out of here. This thread is about salvation and keeping the law has nothing to do with it. You are both free to open your own thread where you can share your opinions with each other.

john w

Hall of Fame

This is the most important thing in our lives.

here is why:

God is love. He teaches us how to love one another. This is the main reason why God is true.

So if you don't like what is going on in the world, come to God and He will give you what you desire in next life with perfect, peaceful and most of all loving world.

But this desire will not obtain without striving to obey what Jesus teaches. He knows how to love one another. No human can teaches the way Jesus does becasue He was sent by His Father to teach us how to love God and love one another.

God's love saved no one, and will not save anyone. She is clueless as to the basis of our salvation.

Good day to you, sir.

God's Truth

The NC is with the house of Israel and the house of Judah.

Hebrews 8:8 For finding fault with them, he saith, Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah:

You don't like the facts, but there they are.

And yes, certain gentiles will inherit the kingdom.

Matthew 25:31 When the Son of man shall come in his glory, and all the holy angels with him, then shall he sit upon the throne of his glory:

Matthew 25:32 And before him shall be gathered all nations: and he shall separate them one from another, as a shepherd divideth his sheep from the goats:

Matthew 25:33 And he shall set the sheep on his right hand, but the goats on the left.

Matthew 25:34 Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world:

Matthew 25:35 For I was an hungred, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in:

Matthew 25:36 Naked, and ye clothed me: I was sick, and ye visited me: I was in prison, and ye came unto me.

Matthew 25:37 Then shall the righteous answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, and fed thee? or thirsty, and gave thee drink?

Matthew 25:38 When saw we thee a stranger, and took thee in? or naked, and clothed thee?

Matthew 25:39 Or when saw we thee sick, or in prison, and came unto thee?

Matthew 25:40 And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.

Matthew 25:41 Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:

Matthew 25:42 For I was an hungred, and ye gave me no meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me no drink:

Matthew 25:43 I was a stranger, and ye took me not in: naked, and ye clothed me not: sick, and in prison, and ye visited me not.

Matthew 25:44 Then shall they also answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, or athirst, or a stranger, or naked, or sick, or in prison, and did not minister unto thee?

Matthew 25:45 Then shall he answer them, saying, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these, ye did it not to me.

Matthew 25:46 And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal.

That does not change with whom the NC will be made. Just who do you think it is that will need to be taught? Not Israel!

Hebrews 8:11 And they shall not teach every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for all shall know me, from the least to the greatest.

but Gentiles!

Matthew 28:19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:

Matthew 28:20 Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

None of that happens until the second coming!

The New Covenant is when Jesus came and shed his blood that is when all have a chance to be saved, Jew and Gentile.

God's Truth

The gospel of God is the WHO of Jesus Christ and God proving it with power by the resurrection of His Son (Romans 1:1-4 KJV).

The gospel of Christ is the WHY of the cross; that Christ died for our sins including resurrection from the dead (Romans 15:1-4 KJV) and that for our justification (Romans 4:25 KJV).

Which one is the gospel of YOUR salvation?

Jesus is God. The gospel of God and the gospel of Christ are the same. Don't you even know what Christ means?

heir

TOL Subscriber
The New Covenant is when Jesus came and shed his blood that is when all have a chance to be saved, Jew and Gentile.
Nope. You need to stop making things up.

Jeremiah 31:31 Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah:

Jeremiah 31:32 Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was an husband unto them, saith the LORD:

Jeremiah 31:33 But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people.

Jeremiah 31:34 And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the LORD: for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the LORD: for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more.

God's Truth

heir,

Paul is speaking to the Corinthian Gentiles. Paul says he is a minister of a NEW COVENANT.

2 Corinthians 3:6 He has made us competent as ministers of a new covenant—not of the letter but of the Spirit; for the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life.

The Greater Glory of the New Covenant

7 Now if the ministry that brought death, which was engraved in letters on stone, came with glory, so that the Israelites could not look steadily at the face of Moses because of its glory, transitory though it was, 8 will not the ministry of the Spirit be even more glorious? 9 If the ministry that brought condemnation was glorious, how much more glorious is the ministry that brings righteousness!

Paul says he is a MINISTER of a NEW COVENANT, and that it is THE MINISTRY/COVENANT of the SPIRIT.

For this is my covenant unto them, when I shall take away their sins.

Read these scriptures---PAUL IS QUOTING JESUS WHEN JESUS WALKED THE EARTH.

1 Corinthians 11:25
In the same way, after supper he took the cup, saying, “This cup is the new covenant in my blood; do this, whenever you drink it, in remembrance of me.”

2 Corinthians 2:12
[ Ministers of the New Covenant ] Now when I went to Troas to preach the gospel of Christ and found that the Lord had opened a door for me,

2 Corinthians 3:6
He has made us competent as ministers of a new covenant—not of the letter but of the Spirit; for the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life.

2 Corinthians 3:7 Now if the ministry that brought death, which was engraved in letters on stone, came with glory, so that the Israelites could not look steadily at the face of Moses because of its glory, transitory though it was,

John 6:54 Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood has eternal life, and I will raise them up at the last day.

John 6:55
For my flesh is real food and my blood is real drink.

Luke 22:20 In the same way, after the supper he took the cup, saying, "This cup is the new covenant in my blood, which is poured out for you.

Galatians 3:15
[ The Law and the Promise ] Brothers and sisters, let me take an example from everyday life. Just as no one can set aside or add to a human covenant that has been duly established, so it is in this case.

Galatians 3:17
What I mean is this: The law, introduced 430 years later, does not set aside the covenant previously established by God and thus do away with the promise.

Galatians 4:24
These things are being taken figuratively: The women represent two covenants. One covenant is from Mount Sinai and bears children who are to be slaves: This is Hagar.

heir

TOL Subscriber
heir,

Nope. I already showed you the truth.

Paul is speaking to the Corinthian Gentiles. Paul says he is a minister of a NEW COVENANT.
Paul never said he was a minister of the NC, but an able minister of the new testament.

Paul wrote that we are able ministers of the new testament; not of the letter, but of the spirit; for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life. It's the ministration of the spirit.

2 Corinthians 3:6 Who also hath made us able ministers of the new testament; not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life.

2 Corinthians 3:7 But if the ministration of death, written and engraven in stones, was glorious, so that the children of Israel could not stedfastly behold the face of Moses for the glory of his countenance; which glory was to be done away:

2 Corinthians 3:8 How shall not the ministration of the spirit be rather glorious?

the ministration of righteousness

2 Corinthians 3:9 For if the ministration of condemnation be glory, much more doth the ministration of righteousness exceed in glory.

2 Corinthians 3:10 For even that which was made glorious had no glory in this respect, by reason of the glory that excelleth.

2 Corinthians 3:11 For if that which is done away was glorious, much more that which remaineth is glorious.

It's the righteousness of God WITHOUT THE LAW (which is by faith of Jesus Christ)

Romans 3:21 But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets;

Romans 3:22 Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference:

And where is the righteousness of God revealed? That's right! It's revealed in the gospel of Christ!

Romans 1:16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek. 17 For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith.

the gospel of Christ:

1 Corinthians 15:1 Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand; 2 By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain. 3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; 4 And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:

GLORIOUS!

Now stop spamming this thread. It is about salvation. What is the gospel of yours?

God's Truth

Nope. I already showed you the truth.

Paul never said he was a minister of the NC, but an able minister of the new testament.

Paul wrote that we are able ministers of the new testament; not of the letter, but of the spirit; for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life. It's the ministration of the spirit.

2 Corinthians 3:6 Who also hath made us able ministers of the new testament; not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life.

2 Corinthians 3:7 But if the ministration of death, written and engraven in stones, was glorious, so that the children of Israel could not stedfastly behold the face of Moses for the glory of his countenance; which glory was to be done away:

2 Corinthians 3:8 How shall not the ministration of the spirit be rather glorious?

the ministration of righteousness

2 Corinthians 3:9 For if the ministration of condemnation be glory, much more doth the ministration of righteousness exceed in glory.

2 Corinthians 3:10 For even that which was made glorious had no glory in this respect, by reason of the glory that excelleth.

2 Corinthians 3:11 For if that which is done away was glorious, much more that which remaineth is glorious.

It's the righteousness of God WITHOUT THE LAW (which is by faith of Jesus Christ)

Romans 3:21 But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets;

Romans 3:22 Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference:

And where is the righteousness of God revealed? That's right! It's revealed in the gospel of Christ!

Romans 1:16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek. 17 For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith.

the gospel of Christ:

1 Corinthians 15:1 Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand; 2 By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain. 3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; 4 And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:

GLORIOUS!

Now stop spamming this thread. It is about salvation. What is the gospel of yours?

How do you think you disproved what I said?

When Jesus walked the earth, he gave us the guidelines for the New Covenant. When he shed his blood on the cross, it was the blood of the New Covenant. It is the same Covenant Paul preached.

Ben Masada

Musterion, there is a New Covenant. New TESTAMENT MEANS New Covenant. The old law was given by Moses. The new law is given by Jesus Christ.

Indeed, there is a New Covenant with the House of Israel and the House of Judah, if you read Jeremiah 31:31) And yes, the Old Law was given by Moses and the new law was given by Jesus and, what did Jesus say about the Old Law given by Moses? He said that the only way to guarantee our salvation is by listening to "Moses" aka the Old Law. Now, Please, read Luke 16:29-31. What interpretation do you have for the words of Jesus about the Law.

Ben Masada

heir,

Now, GT, do you believe the Prophets of the Most High? If you do, they said that no one can shed his blood for the salvation of another. Read Jeremiah 31:30; Ezekiel 18:20. If you do believe the Prophets, who said
that Jesus shed his blood for the salvation of another?

God's Truth

Indeed, there is a New Covenant with the House of Israel and the House of Judah, if you read Jeremiah 31:31) And yes, the Old Law was given by Moses and the new law was given by Jesus and, what did Jesus say about the Old Law given by Moses? He said that the only way to guarantee our salvation is by listening to "Moses" aka the Old Law. Now, Please, read Luke 16:29-31. What interpretation do you have for the words of Jesus about the Law.

The Law that Moses gave was about Jesus.

The Law that Moses gave was a teaching tool.

It was a shadow of what was coming.

Jesus was coming.

Now we no longer need the teaching tools.

Now we no longer obey shadows.

We obey Jesus.

We no longer have to get circumcised, observes special days, adhere to a special diet, do various external washings, and sacrifice animals.

For Jesus is the Sacrifice, his blood makes us clean just by having faith that it does, after we repent of our sins.

Sacrificing animals taught the people about the blood sacrifice to come.

We no longer have to observe special days, because all those days were about Jesus, and we observe Jesus all day everyday.

We no longer have to be circumcised in the flesh, because the Holy Spirit circumcises us in the heart. That happens when we receive the Holy Spirit when we are saved.

We no longer have to do all these things to be made clean just to go to the temple to worship God, because Jesus' blood washes us clean by faith, and we become the temple. We become reconiled to Him, for we are given His Spirit to live in us.

ClimateSanity

heir,

2 Corinthians 3:6 He has made us competent as ministers of a new covenant—not of the letter but of the Spirit; for the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life.

The Greater Glory of the New Covenant

7 Now if the ministry that brought death, which was engraved in letters on stone, came with glory, so that the Israelites could not look steadily at the face of Moses because of its glory, transitory though it was, 8 will not the ministry of the Spirit be even more glorious? 9 If the ministry that brought condemnation was glorious, how much more glorious is the ministry that brings righteousness!

Paul says he is a MINISTER of a NEW COVENANT, and that it is THE MINISTRY/COVENANT of the SPIRIT.

For this is my covenant unto them, when I shall take away their sins.

Read these scriptures---PAUL IS QUOTING JESUS WHEN JESUS WALKED THE EARTH.

1 Corinthians 11:25
In the same way, after supper he took the cup, saying, “This cup is the new covenant in my blood; do this, whenever you drink it, in remembrance of me.”

2 Corinthians 2:12
[ Ministers of the New Covenant ] Now when I went to Troas to preach the gospel of Christ and found that the Lord had opened a door for me,

2 Corinthians 3:6
He has made us competent as ministers of a new covenant—not of the letter but of the Spirit; for the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life.

2 Corinthians 3:7 Now if the ministry that brought death, which was engraved in letters on stone, came with glory, so that the Israelites could not look steadily at the face of Moses because of its glory, transitory though it was,

John 6:54 Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood has eternal life, and I will raise them up at the last day.

John 6:55
For my flesh is real food and my blood is real drink.

Luke 22:20 In the same way, after the supper he took the cup, saying, "This cup is the new covenant in my blood, which is poured out for you.

Galatians 3:15
[ The Law and the Promise ] Brothers and sisters, let me take an example from everyday life. Just as no one can set aside or add to a human covenant that has been duly established, so it is in this case.

Galatians 3:17
What I mean is this: The law, introduced 430 years later, does not set aside the covenant previously established by God and thus do away with the promise.

Galatians 4:24
These things are being taken figuratively: The women represent two covenants. One covenant is from Mount Sinai and bears children who are to be slaves: This is Hagar.

I guess you ignore what Jeremiah has to say about the New Covenant?

God's Truth

Now, GT, do you believe the Prophets of the Most High? If you do, they said that no one can shed his blood for the salvation of another. Read Jeremiah 31:30; Ezekiel 18:20. If you do believe the Prophets, who said
that Jesus shed his blood for the salvation of another?

Read this carefully:

Isaiah 53:11 After he has suffered, he will see the light of life and be satisfied; by his knowledge my righteous servant will justify many, and he will bear their iniquities.

...and this:

Isaiah 53:12 Therefore I will give him a portion among the great, and he will divide the spoils with the strong, because he poured out his life unto death, and was numbered with the transgressors. For he bore the sin of many, and made intercession for the transgressors.

...and this:

Isaiah 53:6 We all, like sheep, have gone astray, each of us has turned to our own way; and the LORD has laid on him the iniquity of us all.

Now I have shown you that you are wrong and that someone did bear the iniquity/SIN OF US ALL.

Ben Masada

This is the most important thing in our lives.

here is why:

God is love. He teaches us how to love one another. This is the main reason why God is true.

So if you don't like what is going on in the world, come to God and He will give you what you desire in next life with perfect, peaceful and most of all loving world.

But this desire will not obtain without striving to obey what Jesus teaches. He knows how to love one another. No human can teaches the way Jesus does becasue He was sent by His Father to teach us how to love God and love one another.

And what Jesus taught was to listen to "Moses" aka the Law. Read Luke 16:29-31.