"Give Your Life to Jesus"

heir

TOL Subscriber
Why do we keep hearing people say things like that as if it's a formula for salvation? You can give your heart to Jesus, your life to Jesus, turn over a new leaf, give all your money, give all of your time, on and on as all of those ramblings go, but salvation is not us giving anything to God, but what God gave for us 2000 years ago!

Galatians 1:3 Grace be to you and peace from God the Father, and from our Lord Jesus Christ,

Galatians 1:4 Who gave himself for our sins, that he might deliver us from this present evil world, according to the will of God and our Father:

Galatians 1:5 To whom be glory for ever and ever. Amen.

We can see the due time message testified that God will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth as the man Christ Jesus gave Himself a ransom for all!

1 Timothy 2:4 Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.

1 Timothy 2:5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;

1 Timothy 2:6 Who gave himself a ransom for all, to be testified in due time.

This is great news for all men, no matter who you are or what you've done!

Stop trusting in empty religious sayings that have no power to save you and trust the Lord believing WHY Christ died and that God raised Him from the dead the third day and be saved (1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV)!

1 Corinthians 15:1 Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand;

1 Corinthians 15:2 By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain.

1 Corinthians 15:3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;

1 Corinthians 15:4 And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:

God's Truth

Why do we keep hearing people say things like that as if it's a formula for salvation? You can give your heart to Jesus, your life to Jesus, turn over a new leaf, give all your money, give all of your time, on and on as all of those ramblings go, but salvation is not us giving anything to God, but what God gave for us 2000 years ago!

Galatians 1:3 Grace be to you and peace from God the Father, and from our Lord Jesus Christ,

Galatians 1:4 Who gave himself for our sins, that he might deliver us from this present evil world, according to the will of God and our Father:

We can see the due time message testified that God will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth as the man Christ Jesus gave Himself a ransom for all!

1 Timothy 2:4 Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.

1 Timothy 2:5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;

Stop trusting in empty religious sayings that have no power to save you and trust the Lord believing WHY Christ died and that God raised Him from the dead the third day and be saved (1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV)!

1 Corinthians 15:1 Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand;

1 Corinthians 15:2 By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain.

1 Corinthians 15:3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;

1 Corinthians 15:4 And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:

Matthew 7:21 "Not everyone who says to me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven.

rougueone

Your post lines up with O.Chambers:

Is He Really My Lord?...

…so that I may finish my race with joy, and the ministry which I received from the Lord Jesus… —Acts 20:24

Joy comes from seeing the complete fulfillment of the specific purpose for which I was created and born again, not from successfully doing something of my own choosing. The joy our Lord experienced came from doing what the Father sent Him to do. And He says to us, “As the Father has sent Me, I also send you” (John 20:21). Have you received a ministry from the Lord? If so, you must be faithful to it— to consider your life valuable only for the purpose of fulfilling that ministry. Knowing that you have done what Jesus sent you to do, think how satisfying it will be to hear Him say to you, “Well done, good and faithful servant” (Matthew 25:21). We each have to find a niche in life, and spiritually we find it when we receive a ministry from the Lord. To do this we must have close fellowship with Jesus and must know Him as more than our personal Savior. And we must be willing to experience the full impact of Acts 9:16 — “I will show him how many things he must suffer for My name’s sake.”

“Do you love Me?” Then, “Feed My sheep” (John 21:17). He is not offering us a choice of how we can serve Him; He is asking for absolute loyalty to His commission, a faithfulness to what we discern when we are in the closest possible fellowship with God. If you have received a ministry from the Lord Jesus, you will know that the need is not the same as the call— the need is the opportunity to exercise the call. The call is to be faithful to the ministry you received when you were in true fellowship with Him. This does not imply that there is a whole series of differing ministries marked out for you. It does mean that you must be sensitive to what God has called you to do, and this may sometimes require ignoring demands for service in other areas.
http://utmost.org/ March 5, 2016

Enter our Lords embrace. Listen to HIS voice. Then react.

Last edited:

beloved57

You teach salvation by works, by what a person does. You also teach that men and women Christ died for shall still wind up in hell into the second death !

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
You also teach that men and women Christ died for shall still wind up in hell into the second death !

Where does she say that? Heir quoted 1 Timothy 2:6 which says just the opposition of your accusation.

beloved57

Where does she say that? Heir quoted 1 Timothy 2:6 which says just the opposition of your accusation.

Read her posts. She believes people Christ died for still wind up in hell, so do you ! Thats because you both believe in salvation by works, by what a person does, not by what Christ did for the person !

meshak

BANNED
Banned

This is the most important thing in our lives.

here is why:

God is love. He teaches us how to love one another. This is the main reason why God is true.

So if you don't like what is going on in the world, come to God and He will give you what you desire in next life with perfect, peaceful and most of all loving world.

But this desire will not obtain without striving to obey what Jesus teaches. He knows how to love one another. No human can teaches the way Jesus does becasue He was sent by His Father to teach us how to love God and love one another.

Nanja

This is the most important thing in our lives.

here is why:

God is love. He teaches us how to love one another. This is the main reason why God is true.

So if you don't like what is going on in the world, come to God and He will give you what you desire in next life with perfect, peaceful and most of all loving world.

But this desire will not obtain without striving to obey what Jesus teaches. He knows how to love one another. No human can teaches the way Jesus does becasue He was sent by His Father to teach us how to love God and love one another.

Salvation is not of works Eph. 2:8-9.

"Coming to God" is a Work one does and cannot please God
unless one is Born of God John 6:44, 65; Rom. 8:7-8.

~~~~~

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Salvation is not of works Eph. 2:8-9.

"Coming to God" is a Work one does and cannot please God
unless one is Born of God John 6:44, 65; Rom. 8:7-8.

~~~~~

This is your salvation, Not Jesus'.

Jesus loves His Father and He wants us to love Him as we should.

And His Father says to listen to Jesus.

Why do you call yourself Christian if you don't love and cherish His teachings and as He commands?

His commands are not burdensome. It is for own good.

"for God so loved the world He gave His only begotten Son that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but eternal life"

Jesus also say: "Go therefor make disciples of all nations... teachings them to obey everything I have commanded you."

Jesus says to teach them to obey. Why do you work against God and Jesus and call yourself a Christian?

Nanja

This is your salvation, Not Jesus'.

Jesus loves His Father and He wants us to love Him as we should.

And His Father says to listen to Jesus.

Why do you call yourself Christian if you don't love and cherish His teachings and as He commands?

His commands are not burdensome. It is for own good.

"for God so loved the world He gave His only begotten Son that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but eternal life"

Jesus also say: "Go therefor make disciples of all nations... teachings them to obey everything I have commanded you."

Jesus says to teach them to obey. Why do you work against God and Jesus and call yourself a Christian?

All scripture is given by God 2 Tim. 3:16.
Yet you remain in unbelief, because the Gospel is hid from you 2 Cor. 4:3-4.

~~~~~

meshak

BANNED
Banned
All scripture is given by God 2 Tim. 3:16.
Yet you remain in unbelief, because the Gospel is hid from you 2 Cor. 4:3-4.

~~~~~
''

You have ungrateful heart for His word and teachings and commands.

It is not of God. You have ungrateful spirit.

Nanja

''

You have ungrateful heart for His word and teachings and commands.

It is not of God. You have ungrateful spirit.

You preach a false gospel of works.

All of the works of the unregenerate / unsaved
are as filthy rags in God's Sight Is. 64:6.

~~~~~

God's Truth

You preach a false gospel of works.

All of the works of the unregenerate / unsaved
are as filthy rags in God's Sight Is. 64:6.

~~~~~

It is never ever wrong in any way to obey God. God does not tell us our righteous acts are as filthy rags when we do what He says.
God was speaking to the Jews WHO WOULD NOT STOP SINNING. For instance, in the old law, the Jews would sin, then they had to give a sin offering as a righteous act, they had to give sin offerings just to worship God. God did not like it that they would sin then give a sin offering and not really be sorry for their sins.

Your false teachers taught you wrong about the filthy rags scripture.

Your righteous act of FAITH in Jesus is a filthy rag if you do not OBEY HIM.

Nanja

It is never ever wrong in any way to obey God. God does not tell us our righteous acts are as filthy rags when we do what He says.
God was speaking to the Jews WHO WOULD NOT STOP SINNING. For instance, in the old law, the Jews would sin, then they had to give a sin offering as a righteous act, they had to give sin offerings just to worship God. God did not like it that they would sin then give a sin offering and not really be sorry for their sins.

Your false teachers taught you wrong about the filthy rags scripture.

Your righteous act of FAITH in Jesus is a filthy rag if you do not OBEY HIM.

You preach a false gospel of works!
Eph. 2:8-9.

~~~~~