"Give Your Life to Jesus"

ClimateSanity

It is NOT of the FLESH to obey God!

It is of the flesh to do the CEREMONIAL WORKS, when one makes themselves clean.

It is not of the flesh to obey Jesus, for his words are Spirit.

If one does what Jesus says, they will have the Spirit and life.

John 6:63 The words I have spoken to you--they are full of the Spirit and life.

It is of the flesh to attempt to obey God in your own strength.

God's Truth

Are you trying to understand any of it. Instead of brushing the whole thing of , just quote a portion of it and respond. Say what you understand and what you don't understand.

You spoke too soon. Just read my next post to him.

Now how about you read and respond to what I post about God's Truth, instead of giving your opinion of what you personally think of me.

God's Truth

It is of the flesh to attempt to obey God in your own strength.

That is saying it is a sin to obey God; common sense escapes you.

It is TO those who obey by FEARING GOD and doing right that the gospel has been given. It is to those that God ACCEPTS.

Acts 13:26 "Fellow children of Abraham and you God-fearing Gentiles, it is to us that this message of salvation has been sent.

Acts 10:35 but that in every nation those who fear Him and live good lives are acceptable to Him.

ClimateSanity

You spoke too soon. Just read my next post to him.

Now how about you read and respond to what I post about God's Truth, instead of giving your opinion of what you personally think of me.

Try posting some of God's truth and I will respond. I don't respond to demonic interpretation.

ClimateSanity

That is saying it is a sin to obey God; common sense escapes you.

It is TO those who obey by FEARING GOD and doing right that the gospel has been given. It is to those that God ACCEPTS.

Acts 13:26 "Fellow children of Abraham and you God-fearing Gentiles, it is to us that this message of salvation has been sent.

Acts 10:35 but that in every nation those who fear Him and live good lives are acceptable to Him.

It's never a sin to obey God but any attempt in the flesh will fail everytime. The sin comes with thinking you have the ability within your own heart of flesh to obey God. It can only be done in the spirit.

Danoh

I know what you both think, and you are both wrong.

He has no understanding and I would like to help him, and you, too.

I appreciate your concern; I really do.

But you would that one end up attempting to serve God through the Law's "thou shalt not covet" that Paul mentions in Romans 7, but that you confuse with your "ceremonial works" notions as "what Paul is talking about."

"Thou shalt not covet" is not a ceremony" - it is an "ordinance..." that "WAS against us" in that "the Law" was "weak through the flesh."

It is this very command that God in His Son through His Spirit in Paul sent Paul, THIS SIDE OF Rom. 3:21 "to declare at THIS TIME" to "destroy."

The old system that was "Thou shalt not covet...

Galatians 2:18 For if I build again the things which I destroyed, I make myself a transgressor.

No Greek needed by the way, those of you books based Greek "experts" out there.

To "destroy" here is in the sense of proving a thing "of what sort it is" 1 Cor. 3:13.

And God, in His Son by His Spirit through His Word to and through Paul is now declaring that NOW, to preach obedience in one's own strength, as had been right under the Law, is to "make myself a transgressor" of the Grace of God in His Son.

The Law is God's "good, and acceptable, and perfect will of God" under the Law.

"BUT NOW" the system is "the rigteousness OF GOD - WITHOUT the Law" Rom. 3:21.

I know, I know, out pops your notions of "well that is talking about ceremonial works of the Law."

Problem is, GT, "Thou shalt not covet" is not a ceremonial work.

Problem is, that though you might mean well, you would that I subscribe to this other gospel of yours - your mix of Law and Grace in your confusion due to your simple unwillingness to study this issue out anew.

The best to you in this.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I appreciate your concern; I really do.

But you would that one end up attempting to serve God through the Law's "thou shalt not covet" that Paul mentions in Romans 7, but that you confuse with your "ceremonial works" notions as "what Paul is talking about."

"Thou shalt not covet" is not a ceremony" - it is an "ordinance..." that "WAS against us" in that "the Law" was "weak through the flesh."

It is this very command that God in His Son through His Spirit in Paul sent Paul, THIS SIDE OF Rom. 3:21 "to declare at THIS TIME" to "destroy."

The old system that was "Thou shalt not covet...

Galatians 2:18 For if I build again the things which I destroyed, I make myself a transgressor.

No Greek needed by the way, those of you books based Greek "experts" out there.

To "destroy" here is in the sense of proving a thing "of what sort it is" 1 Cor. 3:13.

And God, in His Son by His Spirit through His Word to and through Paul is now declaring that NOW, to preach obedience in one's own strength, as had been right under the Law, is to "make myself a transgressor" of the Grace of God in His Son.

The Law is God's "good, and acceptable, and perfect will of God" under the Law.

"BUT NOW" the system is "the rigteousness OF GOD - WITHOUT the Law" Rom. 3:21.

I know, I know, out pops your notions of "well that is talking about ceremonial works of the Law."

Problem is, GT, "Thou shalt not covet" is not a ceremonial work.

Problem is, that though you might mean well, you would that I subscribe to this other gospel of yours - your mix of Law and Grace in your confusion due to your simple unwillingness to study this issue out anew.

The best to you in this.
Yeppers.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
"giving your life to Jesus" is work.

It is strange that so many so called Christians claim salvation is unconditional and don't require any works.

Believing in Him a lot of work.

giving life to Jesus: This is requirement for salvation.

Jesus refutes you.

John 6:28 Therefore they said to Him, “What shall we do, so that we may work the works of God?” 29 Jesus answered and said to them, “This is the work of God, that you believe in Him whom He has sent.”

Also:

Matthew 11:29-30
29 Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30 For My yoke is easy and My burden is light.”

God's Truth

The new covenant promise is stated in Jeremiah 31:31 and following verses.

Those promises have not come to pass yet.

Oh yes the promises have already came.

Do you really think there is a better promise than Jesus Christ and the receiving of the Holy Spirit?

God's Truth

It's never a sin to obey God but any attempt in the flesh will fail everytime.
That is ignorant.

Show one scripture that say we cannot obey God, and a scripture that says God makes us obey.

The sin comes with thinking you have the ability within your own heart of flesh to obey God.
So a flesh heart is bad?

Ezekiel 11:19 I will give them an undivided heart and put a new spirit in them; I will remove from them their heart of stone and give them a heart of flesh.

Ezekiel 36:26 I will remove from you your heart of stone and give you a heart of flesh.

It can only be done in the spirit.

You will not even be given the Holy Spirit unless you obey.

Acts 5:32 We are witnesses of these things, and so is the Holy Spirit, whom God has given to those who obey him."