"Give Your Life to Jesus"

meshak

BANNED
Banned
"giving your life to Jesus" is work.

It is strange that so many so called Christians claim salvation is unconditional and don't require any works.

Believing in Him a lot of work.

giving life to Jesus: This is requirement for salvation.

Nanja

That scripture is about the ceremonial works that had to be done for over 1,600 years.

The fact that you continue to preach a false Gospel
bears evidence that you are not of God John 8:43 KJV John 8:47 KJV,
neither can you hear / understand His Word.

~~~~~

God's Truth

The fact that you continue to preach a false Gospel
bears evidence that you are not of God John 8:43 KJV John 8:47 KJV,
neither can you hear / understand His Word.

~~~~~

It is never ever wrong to obey Jesus. Obeying Jesus does not disqualify anyone.

Nanja

It is never ever wrong to obey Jesus. Obeying Jesus does not disqualify anyone.

An unregenerate, a person still in the flesh [not born of the Spirit],
cannot please God.

Rom. 8:7-8
7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.
8 So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.

~~~~~

God's Truth

An unregenerate, a person still in the flesh [not born of the Spirit],
cannot please God.

Rom. 8:7-8
7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.
8 So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.

~~~~~

That scripture means that those who ONLY CARE ABOUT PLEASING THEIR FLESH cannot please God.

God's Truth

Meshak, you preach obedience to Jesus' words but you also preach against it when you tell us not to listen to Paul or the others of the New Testament.

You prove you do not practice what you preach.

Danoh

That scripture means that those who ONLY CARE ABOUT PLEASING THEIR FLESH cannot please God.

Nope.

Romans 8 is a continuation of what Paul is anticipating in chapter 7, as he writes Romans. That some might bring up the question "well, wait a minute, what about the Law?"

But the Law involved doing the will of God in one's own strength...

One, because of what God was proving through that; that no one can patiently continue in well doing.

Two, because the Spirit had not yet been given.

As a result, the Law was weak in that was weak through the flesh.

The purpose of that having been that sin; that it might appear sin; the Law would set sin off in the flesh by the commandment, and by that, make one under the Law aware that he was a sinner.

Romans 5:19 For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous. 5:20 Moreover the law entered, that the offence might abound. But where sin abounded, grace did much more abound: 5:21 That as sin hath reigned unto death, even so might grace reign through righteousness unto eternal life by Jesus Christ our Lord.

Romans 7:7 What shall we say then? Is the law sin? God forbid. Nay, I had not known sin, but by the law: for I had not known lust, except the law had said, Thou shalt not covet. 7:8 But sin, taking occasion by the commandment, wrought in me all manner of concupiscence. For without the law sin was dead. 7:9 For I was alive without the law once: but when the commandment came, sin revived, and I died. 7:10 And the commandment, which was ordained to life, I found to be unto death. 7:11 For sin, taking occasion by the commandment, deceived me, and by it slew me. 7:12 Wherefore the law is holy, and the commandment holy, and just, and good. 7:13 Was then that which is good made death unto me? God forbid. But sin, that it might appear sin, working death in me by that which is good; that sin by the commandment might become exceeding sinful.

In Romans 7, Paul then goes on to use himself as an illustration of what can happen when a son of God attempts to please God by putting himself under the Law, on this side of the Spirit's having been given.

Such a person has put himself back under the very system through which God proved that man is incapable of pleasing God in his own strength.

God proved that through the Law. The
Law sets off the enmity in man against God in order to show man he is God's enemy even when he "would (attempt to) do good."

Romans 8 then goes into how this condemnation "the good that I would I do not" was solved for at the Cross.

That as a result, now, this side of the Spirit having been given the Believer can now serve God...

BUT only if he does so "THROUGH the Spirit" - NOT by putting himself back under the Law.

The Law is weak through the flesh. The Law was meant to set off the flesh. The Law was this huge magnifying glass - "see, declared the Law; you're a sinner!"

Paul has settled the salvation issue in Romans 3 thru 5.

He is now talking about what can get in the way of the SAVED person's service unto God.

And in Romans 8, what can get in the way is to attempt to serve God in one's OWN strength.

The Law was weak through the flesh.

In this same manner, if you try to serve God in YOUR OWN strength, you ARE attempting to do so "in the flesh."

And you find that you "cannot please God." You find yourself in Romans 7's "O wretched man that I am; who shall deliver me FROM the body of THIS death" - man o man what I'd do to get rid of this death in me!

But that's the problem- you are "in the flesh" - you are attempting to serve God in your own strength - the very thing that sets off "sin in THE FLESH!"

Your walk ends up one "darn it, I blew it again" after another. All you did was set off the sin nature's resistance. "Sin revived and I died."

"BUT if you THROUGH THE SPIRIT DO mortify (put to death) the deeds of the flesh, ye SHALL live."

Throughout Romans, Paul often anticipates problems his experiences in sharing his "my gospel" (of the GRACE of God) with others before he even wrote Romans, have taught him by the time he writes Romans, might come up.

Years earlier, this same problem came up at Galatia...

Galatians 1:6 I marvel that ye are so soon removed from him that called you into THE GRACE OF CHRIST unto another gospel: 1:7 Which is not another; but there be some that trouble you, and would pervert the gospel of Christ.

This "other gospel" is what Romans 7 and 8 are describing - notice...

Romans 7:1 Know ye not, brethren, (for I speak to them that know the law,) how that the law hath dominion over a man as long as he liveth? 7:4 Wherefore, my brethren, ye also are become dead to the law by the body of Christ; that ye should be married to another, even to him who is raised from the dead, that we should bring forth fruit unto God. 7:5 For when we were in the flesh, the motions of sins, which were by the law, did work in our members to bring forth fruit unto death. 7:6 But now we are delivered from the law, that being dead wherein we were held; that we should serve in newness of spirit, and not in the oldness of the letter.

Galatians 3:1 O foolish Galatians, who hath bewitched you, that ye should not obey the truth, before whose eyes Jesus Christ hath been evidently set forth, crucified among you? 3:2 This only would I learn of you, Received ye the Spirit by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith? 3:3 Are ye so foolish? having begun in the Spirit, are ye now made perfect by the flesh?

THAT is Romans 8's "to be carnally minded," that is the "after the flesh" that it is warning against.

The very "after the flesh" issue that you and your huge colony of worker ants throughout "Christianity" continue to "walk in the flesh" oblivious to.

The best to you in this.

Nanja

YOur preaching is just your convenient opinion too and ungrateful one.

You cannot separate faith and obedience.

Your preaching is half truth and it is the same as lie.

Here is Truth:

The Jesus Christ whom I Love and Serve,
it was His Perfect Obedience in His Life and Death
which makes all those He Lived and Died for Righteous

Rom. 5:19
For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners,
so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous

The sins of all the Many given Him of the Father John 6:39,
were laid on Christ their Surety Heb.7:22; Is.53:6 instead of them.
That's why they are so Blessed, because no sin was ever charged to them!

Rom. 4:8
Blessed is the man to whom the Lord will not impute sin.​

~~~~~

God's Truth

Nope.

Romans 8 is a continuation of what Paul is anticipating in chapter 7, as he writes Romans. That some might bring up the question "well, wait a minute, what about the Law?"

One, because of what God was proving through that; that no one can patiently continue in well doing.

The purpose of that having been that sin; that it might appear sin; the Law would set sin off in the flesh by the commandment, and by that, make one under the Law aware that he was a sinner.

Romans 5:19 For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous. 5:20 Moreover the law entered, that the offence might abound. But where sin abounded, grace did much more abound: 5:21 That as sin hath reigned unto death, even so might grace reign through righteousness unto eternal life by Jesus Christ our Lord.

Romans 7:7 What shall we say then? Is the law sin? God forbid. Nay, I had not known sin, but by the law: for I had not known lust, except the law had said, Thou shalt not covet. 7:8 But sin, taking occasion by the commandment, wrought in me all manner of concupiscence. For without the law sin was dead. 7:9 For I was alive without the law once: but when the commandment came, sin revived, and I died. 7:10 And the commandment, which was ordained to life, I found to be unto death. 7:11 For sin, taking occasion by the commandment, deceived me, and by it slew me. 7:12 Wherefore the law is holy, and the commandment holy, and just, and good. 7:13 Was then that which is good made death unto me? God forbid. But sin, that it might appear sin, working death in me by that which is good; that sin by the commandment might become exceeding sinful.

In Romans 7, Paul then goes on to use himself as an illustration of what can happen when a son of God attempts to please God by putting himself under the Law, on this side of the Spirit's having been given.

Such a person has put himself back under the very system through which God proved that man is incapable of pleasing God in his own strength.

Law sets off the enmity in man against God in order to show man he is God's enemy even when he "would (attempt to) do good."

Romans 8 then goes into how this condemnation "the good that I would I do not" was solved for at the Cross.

That as a result, now, this side of the Spirit having been given the Believer can now serve God...

BUT only if he does so "THROUGH the Spirit" - NOT by putting himself back under the Law.

The Law is weak through the flesh. The Law was meant to set off the flesh. The Law was this huge magnifying glass - "see, declared the Law; you're a sinner!"

He is now talking about what can get in the way of the SAVED person's service unto God.

And in Romans 8, what can get in the way is to attempt to serve God in one's OWN strength.

In this same manner, if you try to serve God in YOUR OWN strength, you ARE attempting to do so "in the flesh."

And you find that you "cannot please God." You find yourself in Romans 7's "O wretched man that I am; who shall deliver me FROM the body of THIS death" - man o man what I'd do to get rid of this death in me!

But that's the problem- you are "in the flesh" - you are attempting to serve God in your own strength - the very thing that sets off "sin in THE FLESH!"

Your walk ends up one "darn it, I blew it again" after another. All you did was set off the sin nature's resistance. "Sin revived and I died."

"BUT if you THROUGH THE SPIRIT DO mortify (put to death) the deeds of the flesh, ye SHALL live."

Throughout Romans, Paul often anticipates problems his experiences in sharing his "my gospel" (of the GRACE of God) with others before he even wrote Romans, have taught him by the time he writes Romans, might come up.

Galatians 1:6 I marvel that ye are so soon removed from him that called you into THE GRACE OF CHRIST unto another gospel: 1:7 Which is not another; but there be some that trouble you, and would pervert the gospel of Christ.

Romans 7:1 Know ye not, brethren, (for I speak to them that know the law,) how that the law hath dominion over a man as long as he liveth? 7:4 Wherefore, my brethren, ye also are become dead to the law by the body of Christ; that ye should be married to another, even to him who is raised from the dead, that we should bring forth fruit unto God. 7:5 For when we were in the flesh, the motions of sins, which were by the law, did work in our members to bring forth fruit unto death. 7:6 But now we are delivered from the law, that being dead wherein we were held; that we should serve in newness of spirit, and not in the oldness of the letter.

Galatians 3:1 O foolish Galatians, who hath bewitched you, that ye should not obey the truth, before whose eyes Jesus Christ hath been evidently set forth, crucified among you? 3:2 This only would I learn of you, Received ye the Spirit by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith? 3:3 Are ye so foolish? having begun in the Spirit, are ye now made perfect by the flesh?

THAT is Romans 8's "to be carnally minded," that is the "after the flesh" that it is warning against.

The very "after the flesh" issue that you and your huge colony of worker ants throughout "Christianity" continue to "walk in the flesh" oblivious to.

The best to you in this.

I do not usually read such posts. Could you do something about your many words?

God's Truth

Nope.

The best to you in this.

Obeying God IS NEVER EVER WRONG, and when someone DOES obey, it is NOT called righteousness by our flesh.

You condemn and rebuke those who obey God, even sense that is common is no where near you.

God's Truth

It is NOT of the FLESH to obey God!

It is of the flesh to do the CEREMONIAL WORKS, when one makes themselves clean.

It is not of the flesh to obey Jesus, for his words are Spirit.

If one does what Jesus says, they will have the Spirit and life.

John 6:63 The words I have spoken to you--they are full of the Spirit and life.