From chat: On Jesus and Homosexuality

clefty

Guess what, I was talking about your past sentence in our house meeting last night. I saw that we can't breathe when we're under the sea, we can't see the heavens and we can't see the light or hear clearly, we have to come out from underneath the sea to breathe, see and hear clearly. And this is like the coming out of the world. If we live by the world and our flesh, then we won't breathe the breath of life, and we won't see the heavens and we won't see the light and we won't hear God. Living in the darkness by the lusts of the flesh separates us from God. And in staying there we are dead. Just like our breath is taken from us if we remain under the sea. We are to come out from among them and live according to the will of God.

And someone else said that the only way we can go to the depths of the sea is if we take air with us. And this is like we can go to into the the world if take God with us and he will keep us alive, we only die once the breath goes.

We are in the world but we're not of the world. We have come out from among them and are living by the spirit and by the will of God.

Jesus is our life ring, and he is there to pull us out, if we believe in him and have faith.

HalleluYah...

Yes it is about air and breathing...This thread being about homosexuality...this would be a good time to remind all that woman came from a man's rib which protects the heart and lungs...she is a helper and protector to his breathing...the first thing Adam did was inhale His breath

And I have come to believe that His Name is the sound of deep inhalation...YAAAh...so she is to help him say His name...

Let all that have breath praise Him

Last edited:

clefty

As a whole, yes, not in every individual act. There's nothing there about losing your salvation for individual acts of sin.

Even Moses didn't make it into the promised land for an individual act of sin...

And the sacrifices were for sins we didn't even know we committed...

Sin is sin...and will separate us from Him

All this to teach us that even the individual sin is merely a symptom of a state of being...a fallen state...

That individual sin proves you are still in a fallen state and in need of Him...

Those individual acts of sin are exactly to remind us of our need of Him still to transform us to sinless...we are to be SPOTLESS without blemish...

And possible only in Him...

themuzicman

Even Moses didn't make it into the promised land for an individual act of sin...

But not just any individual act of sin. He disobeyed a specific and direct command from God.

So, that doesn't fit your case.

And the sacrifices were for sins we didn't even know we committed..

It's for all the sins of the whole world. 1 John 2:2

Sin is sin...and will separate us from Him

No Scripture to back up this claim.

All this to teach us that even the individual sin is merely a symptom of a state of being...a fallen state...

All of what? No Scripture supports you.

That individual sin proves you are still in a fallen state and in need of Him...

Again, no basis.

Those individual acts of sin are exactly to remind us of our need of Him still to transform us to sinless...we are to be SPOTLESS without blemish...

Ah, sanctification, not justification. (Romans 12:1-2 isn't about justification.)

And possible only in Him...

Nice platitudes. No Scriptural support.

themuzicman

What is not specific and a direct command when they are written in our hearts and minds?

They aren't spoken to us to do specific act X at specific Y time. Moses wasn't let in because God told him to speak to the rock, and Moses struck it. We don't get that kind of direct command from God as Moses did.

Oh, and once Moses lost it, there was no returning from it. We see this, too, in Hebrews 6. So, if you believe that sin causes you to lose your salvation, then you get one sin, and then you're done.

clefty

They aren't spoken to us to do specific act X at specific Y time. Moses wasn't let in because God told him to speak to the rock, and Moses struck it. We don't get that kind of direct command from God as Moses did.

Oh, and once Moses lost it, there was no returning from it. We see this, too, in Hebrews 6. So, if you believe that sin causes you to lose your salvation, then you get one sin, and then you're done.

Ummm sure like Uzzah...struck dead for having his own ideas about how to serve and worship...

It remains by His mercy we are still alive...despite our sins...even the one...and for the one or ones we are not even aware of...

clefty

in what way are we not subject to mosaic law?

does "thou shalt not kill" still apply or not?

Lol...When pressed like that it usually comes out "all but 1 of the 10 were reaffirmed in the NT"

As if He didn't exmplify that last one and pray it be continued after His death resurrection and return to Heaven...

Another version is "we are under grace...just love everybody" and by love they don't mean AS He did...

Hope you get an answer...

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
No one and nothing in this world can take us away from God. And those who walk after the spirit won't be condemned.

But... if we walk away from God and go back going after the lusts of our flesh and doing the works of Satan, then we are crucifying Christ afresh and we put him to an open shame...

There is no "but" the "but" is your flesh talking, since you believe that you have power over God, that no one and nothing can separate you from Him once He purchased you, yet you can remove His seal yourself... hmm

Acts 20:28 Keep watch over yourselves and the entire flock of which the Holy Spirit has made you overseers. Be shepherds of the church of God, which He purchased with His own blood.

Do tell how you can purchase yourself back and present scripture.

2 Corinthians 1:22 Now it is God who establishes both us and you in Christ. He anointed us, 22 placed His seal on us, and put His Spirit in our hearts as a pledge of what is to come.

Really sad you don't believe this.

Ephesians 4:20 Do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God, by whom you were sealed for the day of redemption.

See, we can do what is wrong and grieve His Spirit - yet that still does not separate us again.

So, you also believe that no sin can turn us from God once were saved? And that were going to heaven regardless, yes? What about child molestation?
I wouldn't believe someone wanting to molest a child, to be saved.

Don't you think that these ministers who preach in the pulpit the things of God and then go on molesting children are putting Christ to an open shame?
No, they put themselves to shame, not Him. Putting Christ to open shame is to believe after He did all for you, that you can add to it. That is why no more sacrifice for sin remains, He already did it all. He doesn't need your help to save anyone or keep them saved, you either believe His promises or you dont.

Do you think Jesus is just going to say, don't worry about it you're because saved so no problem?
Nope.

No he's not, he's going to say, depart from me you worker if iniquity, I never knew you!
Look at your own sentence, that doesnt denote loss of salvation, it denotes one who was NEVER saved. There is a difference.

The only thing in this world that can turn us from God, is ourselves when we put ourselves before him.

Then you believe His promises arent true.

Those who are last will be first, and who are first will be last.
Those who think they lend one ounce to salvation is one who wants to be first, since they believe they have power to remove themselves from His hand.

We can't put ourselves before God and live by our flesh thinking were saved and think that it will be ok with him, no it won't.

If we are saved, we will continue to be, you either believe Him or you dont.

Philippians 1:6 For I am confident of this, that He who began a good work in you will continue to perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus

1 Corinthians 1:8
He will sustain you to the end, so that you will be blameless on the day of our Lord Jesus Christ.

He, not you. Somehow you dont believe Him.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
He's not talking about wilful sinning, we all sin, but we are judged once we carry on wilfully sinning once we know God.

A sin is a sin is a sin, isnt it? How can yours be less serious than someone elses? Did His blood cover them all, if what you say is true, even one sin after salvation would mean you need to recrucify Him to get saved again, wouldnt it?

How many sins does it take and which one results in loss, and do provide scripture, not your thoughts on it, something that important that can break His promises needs to be clear.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Heb 10:26 If we deliberately go on sinning after we have received the knowledge of the truth, no further sacrifice for sins remains,

Context context, context

No more sacrifice for sin remains for the HEBREWS who sacrificed animals for their sin, to shed their blood as a covering. To do that again, AFTER Christ shed His once for all, leaves no remaining sacrifice of animals.

Context same chapter : Hebrews 10:3 Instead, those sacrifices are an annual reminder of sins, 4 because it is impossible for the blood of bulls and of goats to take away sins 5 Therefore, when Christ came into the world, He said: “Sacrifice and offering You did not desire, but a body You prepared for me.…

Previous chapter already makes clear He was offered ONCE for ALL, no more blood sacrifice needed.
Hebrews 9:12
He did not enter by the blood of goats and calves, but He entered the Most Holy Place once for all by His own blood, thus securing eternal redemption.

Hebrews was written to the jews about them practising both temple sacrifice and coming to Christ.

You are badly out of context, to apply that to the church, and the many verses that show salvation secure, you ignore for the one out of context, scripture itself corrects you.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
Deuteronomy 19:15 - Requires you must be caught by several.

You see, they took into account that women are capable of lying, and do so more often when they feel unequal. If it happens even in an egalitarian society, then the frequency is very high in a patriarchal society.

As the Jews became more prominent, the Law was appropriated to account for the evolved issue.

marhig

There is no "but" the "but" is your flesh talking, since you believe that you have power over God, that no one and nothing can separate you from Him once He purchased you, yet you can remove His seal yourself... hmm

Acts 20:28 Keep watch over yourselves and the entire flock of which the Holy Spirit has made you overseers. Be shepherds of the church of God, which He purchased with His own blood.

Do tell how you can purchase yourself back and present scripture.

2 Corinthians 1:22 Now it is God who establishes both us and you in Christ. He anointed us, 22 placed His seal on us, and put His Spirit in our hearts as a pledge of what is to come.

Really sad you don't believe this.

Ephesians 4:20 Do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God, by whom you were sealed for the day of redemption.

See, we can do what is wrong and grieve His Spirit - yet that still does not separate us again.

I wouldn't believe someone wanting to molest a child, to be saved.

No, they put themselves to shame, not Him. Putting Christ to open shame is to believe after He did all for you, that you can add to it. That is why no more sacrifice for sin remains, He already did it all. He doesn't need your help to save anyone or keep them saved, you either believe His promises or you dont.

Nope.

Look at your own sentence, that doesnt denote loss of salvation, it denotes one who was NEVER saved. There is a difference.

Then you believe His promises arent true.

Those who think they lend one ounce to salvation is one who wants to be first, since they believe they have power to remove themselves from His hand.

If we are saved, we will continue to be, you either believe Him or you dont.

Philippians 1:6 For I am confident of this, that He who began a good work in you will continue to perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus

1 Corinthians 1:8
He will sustain you to the end, so that you will be blameless on the day of our Lord Jesus Christ.

He, not you. Somehow you dont believe Him.

You quoted this earlier

Romans 8

There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus,

But you left out the rest

There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

If we walk after the flesh and not after the spirit then will still come under condemnation.

As I said, we all sin every day, but to purposely sin knowing it's wrong before God is different. We will suffer for doing this, and if we carry on then we are choosing one Satan over God.

If you want to carry on thinking your ok and that you're sealed even if you live how you want to and carry on purposely sinning then thats between you and God. I know that's not the truth. I know that if we put ourselves before God and deny Jesus, then we're not worthy of him.

How about this in Ephesians 5

But fornication, and all uncleanness, or covetousness, let it not be once named among you, as becometh saints; Neither filthiness, nor foolish talking, nor jesting, which are not convenient: but rather giving of thanks.*For this ye know, that no whoremonger, nor unclean person, nor covetous man, who is an idolater, hath any inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and of God

That's pretty plain!

And this is what it actually says about no more sacrifice for sins remains. It's if we wilfully sin!

Hebrews 10

KJV

For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins,

Niv

If we deliberately keep on sinning after we have received the knowledge of the truth, no sacrifice for sins is left

The only way we continue to be saved is if you walk after the spirit and not after the flesh

The wages of sin is death. That's as clear as crystal.

By the way, you say that anyone molesting children were not saved in the first place, what about all the other people who are wilfully sinning saying there are saved, aren't they really saved either? Where do you draw the line? Which sins are ok and which ones aren't?

I believe that we are sealed as long we keep our faith, obey the living God and follow Jesus and turn away from the lusts of the flesh and away from sin. I know that I will be chastised for wilfully sinning, And if I carry on, I know that God will let me go my own way and it will be my own fault because I will be a worker of iniquity, the holy spirit is saving me from sin every day, I know because he is giving me the power to overcome, but I also know that if I disobey God and go after the flesh then I will lose the power of the spirit and I will be dead again. I know that I must obey God and live by his will not my own!

marhig

Heb 10:26 If we deliberately go on sinning after we have received the knowledge of the truth, no further sacrifice for sins remains,

It is severe and graphic...but we are not to return like a dog to its vomit...

What we are before we die in Him and what we become after should be remarkably different...that is a consequence of the "good news"

Radically not of this world...

I agree!

marhig

A sin is a sin is a sin, isnt it? How can yours be less serious than someone elses? Did His blood cover them all, if what you say is true, even one sin after salvation would mean you need to recrucify Him to get saved again, wouldnt it?

How many sins does it take and which one results in loss, and do provide scripture, not your thoughts on it, something that important that can break His promises needs to be clear.

Recrucify him to get saved? If we recrucified him we wouldn't be getting saved we would be putting him to an open shame, just like they that sinned did the first time!

We are saved through faith, by the grace of God!

Wilful sinning results loss, and here is the scripture

Hebrews 10

If we deliberately keep on sinning after we have received the knowledge of the truth, no sacrifice for sins is left

Is that clear enough, or do you want more verses?

I'm off to bed, it's late here, I'll have to answer anymore tomorrow.

clefty

Context context, context

"For if we sin willfully after we have received the knowledge of the truth, there no longer remains a sacrifice for sins, 27 but a certain fearful expectation of judgment, and fiery indignation which will devour the adversaries. 28 Anyone who has rejected Moses’ law dies without mercy on the testimony of two or three witnesses. 29 Of how much worse punishment, do you suppose, will he be thought worthy who has trampled the Son of God underfoot, counted the blood of the covenant by which he was sanctified a common thing, and insulted the Spirit of grace? 30 For we know Him who said, “Vengeance is Mine, I will repay,” 7says the Lord. And again, “The Lord will judge His people.” 31 It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God."

There...that is your context...a much worse punishment awaits ANY (notice Hebrews were not singled out) who trample and insult NOW in this day by sinning knowing the Law and returning to their own like a dog to its vomit...

It is indeed a FEARFUL thing to fall into the hands of a living God...

He will finally judge and we will finally KNOW if we are worthy or not...that's why we are to work out our salvation with fear and trembling...we don't know if we are saved and we can never attain salvation through works...

What is certain is that He provided the means to salvation...not that we are saved...we might be the ones who hear "I never knew you"

No more sacrifice for sin remains for the HEBREWS who sacrificed animals for their sin, to shed their blood as a covering. To do that again, AFTER Christ shed His once for all, leaves no remaining sacrifice of animals.
There NEVER WAS sacrifice for willful sin...for israel or non natives...and sacrifices NEVER actually removed sin...sin known was to be repented and restitution made...you steal something you pay back plus 1/5...etc...

There was the failure designed into that sacrificial system...it took Him Himself to come and be sacrificed because only He can move us with the Spirit to change from sinning to sinning less and less...but not sinless as we will always be sinners until we are ACTUALLY transformed...not just symbolically through baptism

What was secured was salvation was now possible...not that we are saved...that will only be known after our judgment

It is indeed a fearful thing...