Fifty GOP National Security Experts: 'None Of Us Will Vote For Donald Trump'

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
I don't think he has enough depth or breadth of knowledge to be able to answer questions without coaching, and Hillary does. If you go back and look at at his GOP debates, there's very little of substance there and he's not going to be able to get away with that in a one on one.

And yes, I think the debates are going to be both interesting and historical.
Trump can't be beat in debates - He wins them everytime

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
Have fun with this one:

The 250 People, Places and Things Donald Trump Has Insulted on Twitter: A Complete List

Since declaring his candidacy for president last June, Donald Trump has used Twitter to lob insults at presidential candidates, journalists, news organizations, nations, a Neil Young song and even a lectern in the Oval Office. We know this because we’ve read, tagged and quoted them all. Below, a directory of sorts, with links to the original tweets. Insults within the last 60 days are highlighted.​

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
Trump isn't fit to be in the Oval Office.
Donald Trump put his foot on the gas pedal again, driving home the accusation he had reversed himself hours earlier that President Barack Obama founded the Islamic State.
Trump had eased off the claim Friday morning, blasting the media for seriously reporting what he suggested was a sarcastic comment. “Ratings challenged @CNN reports so seriously that I call President Obama (and Clinton) ‘the founder’ of ISIS, & MVP,” Trump tweeted. “THEY DON'T GET SARCASM?”

He seemed to revel in the uncertainty his tweet created, boasting nearly 90 minutes later of pundits’ inability to figure him out. “I love watching these poor, pathetic people (pundits) on television working so hard and so seriously to try and figure me out. They can't!” Trump declared.

But during an afternoon rally in Erie, Pennsylvania, Trump said his initial remark wasn’t “that sarcastic, to be honest with you.”“So I said the founder of ISIS,” Trump recalled to the crowd, after accusing the president of being “so weak and so bad” that he allowed the Islamic State to grow. “Obviously I’m being sarcastic. Then — but not that sarcastic, to be honest with you.”

Tyrathca

The problem with Trump is not just Trump himself but even more so US citizens desire to vote for a demagogue. Even more worrying is that Trump is not even very good at what he does (certainly he does Some stuff very well though), imagine if/when there is a Trump 2.0 who is more well spoken and less unforced errors. That is frightening and the US electoral system seems extremely vulnerable to it.

(i may have borrowed these thoughts in part from a former Australian Foreign Minister)

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
The problem with Trump is not just Trump himself but even more so US citizens desire to vote for a demagogue. Even more worrying is that Trump is not even very good at what he does (certainly he does Some stuff very well though), imagine if/when there is a Trump 2.0 who is more well spoken and less unforced errors. That is frightening and the US electoral system seems extremely vulnerable to it.

(i may have borrowed these thoughts in part from a former Australian Foreign Minister)

They're good thoughts.

kmoney

Hall of Fame

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk

I agree. Which is why there is a part of me that wonders if a Trump presidency would end up being better in the long run. Trump seems to be a symptom not a cause so if Trump loses what will happen next? Will the forces that are driving Trump now get even stronger? Will someone come along that is more disciplined and coherent? If we get Trump and the Trump experiment fails then maybe we can move past it (or maybe a Trump presidency ends up being good? :plain: ).

I'm curious what exactly you mean by our electoral system being vulnerable to it. Can you explain?

kmoney

Hall of Fame
Trump isn't fit to be in the Oval Office.
Donald Trump put his foot on the gas pedal again, driving home the accusation he had reversed himself hours earlier that President Barack Obama founded the Islamic State.
Trump had eased off the claim Friday morning, blasting the media for seriously reporting what he suggested was a sarcastic comment. “Ratings challenged @CNN reports so seriously that I call President Obama (and Clinton) ‘the founder’ of ISIS, & MVP,” Trump tweeted. “THEY DON'T GET SARCASM?”

He seemed to revel in the uncertainty his tweet created, boasting nearly 90 minutes later of pundits’ inability to figure him out. “I love watching these poor, pathetic people (pundits) on television working so hard and so seriously to try and figure me out. They can't!” Trump declared.

But during an afternoon rally in Erie, Pennsylvania, Trump said his initial remark wasn’t “that sarcastic, to be honest with you.”“So I said the founder of ISIS,” Trump recalled to the crowd, after accusing the president of being “so weak and so bad” that he allowed the Islamic State to grow. “Obviously I’m being sarcastic. Then — but not that sarcastic, to be honest with you.”

This is an issue where I was taking Trump's side, and still mostly do. It seemed like the media was making much ado about nothing and was getting frustrated with it. I suspected I knew what Trump meant, that Obama's policies led to the rise of ISIS. A hyperbolic way of stating it but hyperbole can be fine sometimes. But it seems like Trump is intentionally avoiding that explanation at times even though those surrounding him are saying it. Why play games about sarcasm. And of course Trump's prior comments that imply Obama could be a closet Muslim or closet Jihadist don't help.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
This is an issue where I was taking Trump's side, and still mostly do. It seemed like the media was making much ado about nothing and was getting frustrated with it. I suspected I knew what Trump meant, that Obama's policies led to the rise of ISIS. A hyperbolic way of stating it but hyperbole can be fine sometimes. But it seems like Trump is intentionally avoiding that explanation at times even though those surrounding him are saying it. Why play games about sarcasm. And of course Trump's prior comments that imply Obama could be a closet Muslim or closet Jihadist don't help.

He clearly wishes to have it both ways. He wants his comments to be taken literally ... with the option to claim he was misunderstood. He did the same thing with the second amendment comments.

kmoney

Hall of Fame
He clearly wishes to have it both ways. He wants his comments to be taken literally ... with the option to claim he was misunderstood. He did the same thing with the second amendment comments.

Yes, he likes to be ambiguous and slip away from any direct accusation. I find it easier to take Trump's side on this one than the 2nd Amendment people one.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Yes, he likes to be ambiguous and slip away from any direct accusation. I find it easier to take Trump's side on this one than the 2nd Amendment people one.

The 2nd Amendment comment was made for the sole purpose of putting Clinton in harm's way.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
ISIS has been around for the past sixteen years, but wasn't doing much until Obama decided to lay off some pressure on the Middle East.

It's a pretty clear cut case for the claim that liberals are the cause for their evolution.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
... accusing the president of being “so weak and so bad” that he allowed the Islamic State to grow.

of course :idunno:

but this should be expected when an unqualified and inexperienced man is elected potus (by a mass of gullible retards) based solely on the color of his skin

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass

When I look at that set of comments from Trump, I see someone who isn't in command of himself. To me, it's not so much whether we know if it was sarcasm or not sarcasm, it's that he doesn't seem know either. I don't even think it's playing games - he just can't help himself. That's not what I want to see in a president.