Fifty GOP National Security Experts: 'None Of Us Will Vote For Donald Trump'

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
You guys seem to think that the mainstream media is Donald Trump's enemy.

Donald Trump has earned close to $2 billion worth of free media attention during the 2016 campaign, eclipsing the total value of media attention given to all of his Republican competitors combined, a new study finds.

The findings show that Trump earned more than six times as much free coverage as his closest competitor, Ted Cruz, and more than two-and-a-half times as much free coverage as Hillary Clinton on the Democratic side.

The study, which was conducted by The New York Times using mediaQuant and SMG Delta data, offers evidence that the American news media has given vastly more coverage to Trump's campaign.

Read more: http://money.cnn.com/2016/03/15/media/trump-free-media-coverage/index.html

People can look at this two different ways:

When the circus is in town everybody wants to see the freak show.

or

Destroy the Republican Party by nominating a liberal Presidential candidate who makes outlandish statements.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
Pollsters are starting to look at likely voters, and the numbers aren't encouraging for Trump:

Patrick Murray, director of the Monmouth University Polling Institute, said Trump’s numbers among likely voters are unlikely to grow until Republicans are motivated to start telling pollsters they will cast ballots. In Monmouth’s new poll, Murray said, 79 percent of Democratic voters said they were certain to vote, compared with only 61 percent of GOP voters.

I wonder how many Republicans are planning to sit out this election.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Pollsters are starting to look at likely voters, and the numbers aren't encouraging for Trump:

Patrick Murray, director of the Monmouth University Polling Institute, said Trump’s numbers among likely voters are unlikely to grow until Republicans are motivated to start telling pollsters they will cast ballots. In Monmouth’s new poll, Murray said, 79 percent of Democratic voters said they were certain to vote, compared with only 61 percent of GOP voters.

I wonder how many Republicans are planning to sit out this election.

I'm afraid all is lost for Trump, unless it's true that clinton can barely walk or stand and she may have Parkinson's

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
I'm afraid all is lost for Trump, unless it's true that clinton can barely walk or stand and she may have Parkinson's

Well, I don't think those things are true. They're the manipulation and misrepresentation of photos and a 'diagnosis' by someone unqualified to give one. I don't happen to think Trump can win, but I guess stranger things have happened. (I don't know what, exactly :chuckle:) What'll be interesting to me now is whether he goes through with the debates, and what the size of the winning margin is.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Well, I don't think those things are true. They're the manipulation and misrepresentation of photos and a 'diagnosis' by someone unqualified to give one. I don't happen to think Trump can win, but I guess stranger things have happened. (I don't know what, exactly :chuckle:) What'll be interesting to me now is whether he goes through with the debates, and what the size of the winning margin is.
Oh, I think Trump will certainly do the debates and he will win those -

PureX

Even when Trump loses (wondering now if he'll even debate), he stirred up the nativist, nationalistic, sexist, misogynistic voters who are afraid of their disappearing white majority. I doubt they'll go away, and will probably go out looking for someone to take out their pent-up rage on. Probably female, probably a person of color, probably an immigrant.
Yes, thanks to Carl Rove, the hornet's nest of angry idiots and bigoted ignoramuses has been kicked, repeatedly, in every election since "W's" race for governor. And the news outlets have discovered that they can make money by continually stirring up the 'swarm'. So the worst in us has been sanctified by the cultural bullhorn of politics and media, and the bully boys are feeling their oats. Even if Trump is defeated, there are bound to be more like him in our future. Just as there was Sarah Palin and Michelle Bachman and a few other truly idiotic demagogues leading up to Trump.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
Oh, I think Trump will certainly do the debates and he will win those -

how many debates will it take before trump makes hillary cry like a little girl with a skinned knee?

... will probably go out looking for someone to take out their pent-up rage on. Probably female, probably a person of color, probably an immigrant.

you're a retard

Yes, thanks to Carl Rove, the hornet's nest of angry idiots and bigoted ignoramuses has been kicked, repeatedly, in every election since "W's" race for governor. And the news outlets have discovered that they can make money by continually stirring up the 'swarm'. So the worst in us has been sanctified by the cultural bullhorn of politics and media, and the bully boys are feeling their oats. Even if Trump is defeated, there are bound to be more like him in our future. Just as there was Sarah Palin and Michelle Bachman and a few other truly idiotic demagogues leading up to Trump.

riiiiight - because this never happened before in american politics

:mock: purexcrement, the clueless moron

kmoney

Hall of Fame
Regurgitating the MSM narrative is not critical thinking. You obviously swallow it hook line and sinker.

And I can say that you are obviously regurgitating the anti-MSM, pro-Trump narrative instead of thinking carefully. Big deal. :idunno:

Jonahdog

BANNED
Banned
I did not watch the Democratic debates this primary season but I think she will struggle against Trump.

why? she has more experience than he does, she is smarter and when he calls her "Crooked Hillary", her response is likely to be "Oh Donald, most of us stopped name calling in the 5th grade".
Trump's "success" in the Republican debates was based on his name calling and the ability to avoid issues with all the others on the stage. 1 on 1 he will not be able to avoid real comments.
Might be a big hit to his ego, likely to avoid debates with some whiny excuse when he gets toasted in the first one.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Trump's "success" in the Republican debates was based on his name calling and the ability to avoid issues with all the others on the stage. 1 on 1 he will not be able to avoid real comments.
Might be a big hit to his ego, likely to avoid debates with some whiny excuse when he gets toasted in the first one.

Indeed ... Trump discusses people, not issues. The only thing he has over his opponents is his ability to throw mud and outshout them.

kmoney

Hall of Fame
why? she has more experience than he does, she is smarter and when he calls her "Crooked Hillary", her response is likely to be "Oh Donald, most of us stopped name calling in the 5th grade".

I think you have a point that one-on-one is different than being up there with several others. It's a different format. He will probably have to directly address challenges more than the primary debates. I still think his personality and forcefulness will be trouble for Clinton. Debating isn't all about experience or intelligence.
Regardless, I think the debates will be interesting and possibly the most awkward bit of television in a long time.

They should do debates with real-time fact checking. :plain:

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
I think you have a point that one-on-one is different than being up there with several others. It's a different format. He will probably have to directly address challenges more than the primary debates. I still think his personality and forcefulness will be trouble for Clinton. Debating isn't all about experience or intelligence.
Regardless, I think the debates will be interesting and possibly the most awkward bit of television in a long time.

They should do debates with real-time fact checking. :plain:

I don't think he has enough depth or breadth of knowledge to be able to answer questions without coaching, and Hillary does. If you go back and look at at his GOP debates, there's very little of substance there and he's not going to be able to get away with that in a one on one.

And yes, I think the debates are going to be both interesting and historical.