Fifty GOP National Security Experts: 'None Of Us Will Vote For Donald Trump'

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
Of all the reasons they might support it I really doubt "they're out to get you" is high on that list.

Conducting reason is all that is needed- the same people who pass by the downtrodden in their own backyard have a sudden interest in the downtrodden across the world.

I'm tired of hearing a bunch of indifferent people who take everything for granted sit there and act as if they have some holy, humanitarian bone in their body whenever something goes viral in politics.

It does nothing but cause problems.
At least get real, and then maybe the country's genuine interests will be served.

Tyrathca

Conducting reason is all that is needed- the same people who pass by the downtrodden in their own backyard have a sudden interest in the downtrodden across the world.
Sure, but just because they have cognitive dissonance doesn't mean it's about you or your group.
I'm tired of hearing a bunch of indifferent people who take everything for granted sit there and act as if they have some holy, humanitarian bone in their body whenever something goes viral in politics.
It does nothing but cause problems.
Well yeah. Part of it is because they actually make no material sacrifice for what they ask for. But by asking for it makes them feel good about themselves (that and ignoring the cognitive dissonance).

Now that said there are some that do put their money where their mouth is.

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
Trump is a puppet for Putin:

Of course, this might be seen as just an opportunity to laugh at the incompetence of the Russian hackers and government press—once they realized their error, Sputnik took the article down. But then things got even more bizarre.

This false story was reported only by the Russian-controlled agency (a reference appeared in a Turkish publication, but it was nothing but a link to the Sputnik article). So how did Donald Trump end up advancing the same falsehood put out by Putin’s mouthpiece?

At a rally in Wilkes Barre, Pennsylvania, Trump spoke while holding a document in his hand. He told the assembled crowd that it was an email from Blumenthal, whom he called “sleazy Sidney.”

“This just came out a little while ago,’’ Trump said. “I have to tell you this.” And then he read the words from my article.

“He’s now admitting they could have done something about Benghazi,’’ Trump said, dropping the document to the floor. “This just came out a little while ago.”

The crowd booed and chanted, “Lock her up!”

This is not funny. It is terrifying. The Russians engage in a sloppy disinformation effort and, before the day is out, the Republican nominee for president is standing on a stage reciting the manufactured story as truth. How did this happen? Who in the Trump campaign was feeding him falsehoods straight from the Kremlin? (The Trump campaign did not respond to a request for comment.)

The Russians have been obtaining American emails and now are presenting complete misrepresentations of them—falsifying them—in hopes of setting off a cascade of events that might change the outcome of the presidential election.​

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
Trump is a puppet for Putin:

Of course, this might be seen as just an opportunity to laugh at the incompetence of the Russian hackers and government press—once they realized their error, Sputnik took the article down. But then things got even more bizarre.

This false story was reported only by the Russian-controlled agency (a reference appeared in a Turkish publication, but it was nothing but a link to the Sputnik article). So how did Donald Trump end up advancing the same falsehood put out by Putin’s mouthpiece?

At a rally in Wilkes Barre, Pennsylvania, Trump spoke while holding a document in his hand. He told the assembled crowd that it was an email from Blumenthal, whom he called “sleazy Sidney.”

“This just came out a little while ago,’’ Trump said. “I have to tell you this.” And then he read the words from my article.

“He’s now admitting they could have done something about Benghazi,’’ Trump said, dropping the document to the floor. “This just came out a little while ago.”

The crowd booed and chanted, “Lock her up!”

This is not funny. It is terrifying. The Russians engage in a sloppy disinformation effort and, before the day is out, the Republican nominee for president is standing on a stage reciting the manufactured story as truth. How did this happen? Who in the Trump campaign was feeding him falsehoods straight from the Kremlin? (The Trump campaign did not respond to a request for comment.)

The Russians have been obtaining American emails and now are presenting complete misrepresentations of them—falsifying them—in hopes of setting off a cascade of events that might change the outcome of the presidential election.​

:think:

you pulled damage control duty?

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
meant to tell you - i listened to the last debate on the radio and heard the sniffing

was he holding a bottle of glue?

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
The Russia Channel

Newsweek's Kurt Eichenwald has a fascinating little piece out overnight about a telling goof in the Russian propaganda channel that has played such a role in the 2016 election.
It's a rather convoluted story - not the article but what actually happened. So let me try to summarize it briefly. We have another of those apparently Russian-sourced email thefts which ended up on Wikileaks - this time emails from Clinton campaign chair John Podesta. In those emails there's an email from Clinton confidante Sid Blumenthal in which he appends an article by Eichenwald himself about Benghazi and other matters. When the Russia-state owned news and propaganda outlet Sputniknews got a hold of it they apparently got confused - intentionally or not - and ascribed Eichenwald's copy to Blumenthal.

So far, so good. Or at least the kind of mistake you might make if you were operating outside your language and political culture - but mainly a tempest in a teapot. Except that the same mis-ascription ended up in Donald Trump's speech last night at a rally in Wilkes-Barre, PA! According to Eichenwald, this goof showed up only in Sputnikness, the Russian propaganda site and briefly in a Turkish publication. So how did a Russian propaganda goof or intentional error show up in the GOP nominee's speech?