Fifty GOP National Security Experts: 'None Of Us Will Vote For Donald Trump'

kmoney

Hall of Fame
When the heck did this whole tax release song & dance begin anyway. There weren't even any federal income taxes before the 30's. I wonder who the first candidate was to release them and why. Its all just a distraction from the real issues.

One reason they could be relevant is that part of Trump's message is that he's been a successful business man. His tax returns could help verify his claims.

He's also a hypocrite if he wanted others to do it but refuses himself.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
There's a difference between being transparent and dismissing one's own self-respect.
So you think releasing his tax returns would damage his self-respect? He didn't appear to agree with you when he called on Romney to release tax returns.

Trump doesn't have to bend to your stupid demands.
So you're saying Trump's demand was also stupid? :think: One way or another you have a problem here. You chimed in quickly enough when Obama was being hoisted for wagging a finger at Bush for delay then doing the same thing in relation to this flooding in Louisiana.

Now Trump is getting a similar taste for saying something should be done that he's not doing. And it's reasonable to ask why he isn't, given.

Catholic Crusader

Kyrie Eleison
Banned
Cqp9GJQUkAQ-J1w.jpg

Catholic Crusader

Kyrie Eleison
Banned
One reason they could be relevant is that part of Trump's message is that he's been a successful business man. His tax returns could help verify his claims.

He's also a hypocrite if he wanted others to do it but refuses himself.

I haven't heard him call on anyone to release taxes. As for his business success, his name emblazoned across half of New York speaks for itself.

Sitamun

There's a difference between being transparent and dismissing one's own self-respect.
Trump doesn't have to bend to your stupid demands.

:rolleyes:

As I said previously, it's not just MY demand. It has become an unwritten rule/expectation of ALL those seeking the presidency to release their tax returns since the 1970's. You are right of course Trump doesn't HAVE to do anything, but then that leads me at least to ask "Why Not"? Especially since just 4 years ago he stated that he thought Romney should release HIS tax returns when he was slow to do so. I am not delusional. I dont think that even if we find out Trump paid Zero Taxes PLUS gave or took money from Russian Oligarchs it would cost him one single vote, at least from those who like you, seem to worship the man.

ClimateSanity

As I said previously, it's not just MY demand. It has become an unwritten rule/expectation of ALL those seeking the presidency to release their tax returns since the 1970's......Sitamin.

Just whose expectation was it? The MSM? Without them planting the idea into the heads of the sheep. Who would be demanding it?

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
As I said previously, it's not just MY demand. It has become an unwritten rule/expectation of ALL those seeking the presidency to release their tax returns since the 1970's......Sitamin.

Just whose expectation was it? The MSM? Without them planting the idea into the heads of the sheep. Who would be demanding it?
Well, the last time around it was Trump asking Romney to do it. According to Politico, every candidate has done so since 1973.

At first, Trump claimed he couldn't release them because he was being audited. There's no prohibition against releasing returns during an audit. Nixon released his during an audit.

Then, in a hilarious sidebar, he speculated that the IRS might be targeting him because he's a "strong Christian".

To remind you, when a moderator inquired about Trump asking God for forgiveness:

""I am not sure I have. I just go on and try to do a better job from there. I don't think so. I think if I do something wrong, I think, I just try and make it right. I don't bring God into that picture. I don't."

Now Trump is saying his lawyers have advised him not to...if this was Hillary the right would be howling with indignation and insisting that it's proof of something nefarious and underhanded.

By May he was whistling another tune. He didn' think the voters were "interested" and that there's "nothing to learn from them". If the latter point is true that's more reason to release the boring business and move the inquiry off the impression that he's hiding something.

Given his representations, his past challenges to others on the point, the natural question is, "Why not?"

Is he a scoundrel in hiding or just another hypocrite running for high office? Because rationally, one of those is true.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Is he a scoundrel in hiding or just another hypocrite running for high office? Because rationally, one of those is true.
Not as big of a scoundrel as Hillary, she hides subpoenaed information and has been a power hungry scam artist for decades. Heck, she was a Goldwater girl !! She is too fake and phony and she really is too sick physically and mentally to be POTUS.

Jonahdog

BANNED
Banned
I haven't heard him call on anyone to release taxes. As for his business success, his name emblazoned across half of New York speaks for itself.

He is a con artist and a PR man, that is it. If his taxes get released there would be many questions raised that would threaten his manhood.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Not as big of a scoundrel as Hillary,
Impossible to say, really. But once you get to scoundrel, why would anyone champion either of these people? I can't look at either and think, "Well he/she has horrific flaws and I have profound disagreement with him/her on X, but I think he/she has a real vision for the nation, an honest passion to improve it and is genuinely motivated to serve our nation's good."

I can't say I believe it.

she hides subpoenaed information and has been a power hungry scam artist for decades
I've described her as a ruthlessly efficient power seeking missile.

She is too fake and phony and she really is too sick physically and mentally to be POTUS.
She's everything I hate about politicians, especially the sort who cater heavily to the left. The problem is, he's no better from the right...and so I write in Pat Paulsen, who dead will do more for the average Joe than either of these two.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Impossible to say, really. But once you get to scoundrel, why would anyone champion either of these people? I can't look at either and think, "Well he/she has horrific flaws and I have profound disagreement with him/her on X, but I think he/she has a real vision for the nation, an honest passion to improve it and is genuinely motivated to serve our nation's good."

I can't say I believe it.

I've described her as a ruthlessly efficient power seeking missile.

She's everything I hate about politicians, especially the sort who cater heavily to the left. The problem is, he's no better from the right...and so I write in Pat Paulsen, who dead will do more for the average Joe than either of these two.
I'm voting Abe Vigoda -

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
The Fever Inside
Trump lives in a psychic economy of aggression and domination. There are dominators and the dominated. No in between. Every attack he receives, every ego injury must be answered, rebalanced with some new aggression to reassert dominance. These efforts are often wildly self-destructive.

This makes a lot of sense - I've seen that from Trump over and over again, the way he lashes out when he's scrutinized. A lot of his supporters are the same way and he's emboldened them by his own behavior, and his encouragement of violence isn't lost on his more rabid followers. The idea of Trump bringing his personal lack of control to American Foreign policy is a scary one.