Fifty GOP National Security Experts: 'None Of Us Will Vote For Donald Trump'

PureX

STATEMENT BY FORMER NATIONAL SECURITY OFFICIALS

Most fundamentally, Mr. Trump lacks the character, values, and experience to be President. He weakens U.S. moral authority as the leader of the free world. He appears to lack basic knowledge about and belief in the U.S. Constitution, U.S. laws, and U.S. institutions, including religious tolerance, freedom of the press, and an independentjudiciary.

In addition, Mr. Trump has demonstrated repeatedly that he has little understanding of America’s vital national interests, its complex diplomatic challenges, its indispensable alliances, and the democratic values on which U.S. foreign policy must be based. At the same time, he persistently compliments our adversaries and threatens our allies and friends. Unlike previous Presidents who had limited experience in foreign affairs, Mr. Trump has shown no interest in educatinghimself. He continues to display an alarming ignorance of basic facts of contemporary international politics. Despite his lack of knowledge, Mr.Trump claims that he understands foreign affairs and “knows more about ISIS than the generals do.”

Mr. Trump lacks the temperament to be President. In our experience, a President must be willing to listen to his advisers and department heads; must encourage consideration of conflicting views; and must acknowledge errors and learn from them. A President must be disciplined, control emotions, and act only after reflection and careful deliberation. A President must maintain cordial relationships with leaders of countries of different backgrounds and must have their respect and trust.

In our judgment, Mr. Trump has none of these critical qualities. He is unable or unwilling to separate truth from falsehood. He does not encourage conflicting views. He lacks self-control and acts impetuously. He cannot tolerate personal criticism. He has alarmed our closest allies with his erratic behavior. All of these are dangerous qualities in an individual who aspires to be President and Commander-in-Chief, with command of the U.S. nuclear arsenal
Unfortunately, in all these failings, he reflects a significant portion of the American people. And because the GOP has to pander to those people, to win elections, we now have Donald Trump running for our highest office. This is what happens when winning by any means, including pandering to the worst in ourselves, becomes the goal of a political party.

ClimateSanity

No, nothing at like what you're suggesting.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Look carefully at what people say on this forum. Can you hear the exact same narrative the MSM is pushing? Sounds like people who are unable to think for themselves. The so called cult of Trump is made up of people who have rejected every narrative the MSM and the establishment have shoved down our throats since the television age.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
Unfortunately, in all these failings, he reflects a significant portion of the American people. And because the GOP has to pander to those people, to win elections, we now have Donald Trump running for our highest office. This is what happens when winning by any means, including pandering to the worst in ourselves, becomes the goal of a political party.

Even when Trump loses (wondering now if he'll even debate), he stirred up the nativist, nationalistic, sexist, misogynistic voters who are afraid of their disappearing white majority. I doubt they'll go away, and will probably go out looking for someone to take out their pent-up rage on. Probably female, probably a person of color, probably an immigrant.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
Australia is one of your countries closest allies, who is heavily enmeshed in your own military, provides real support in most of your campaigns and is not freeloading for our defence while providing you with a safe and stable strategic position in the Pacific. And you WANT us to abandon you?

Rational Americans are very happy to have your country as an ally.

pepper o'chini

BANNED
Banned
Look carefully at what people say on this forum. Can you hear the exact same narrative the MSM is pushing? Sounds like people who are unable to think for themselves. The so called cult of Trump is made up of people who have rejected every narrative the MSM and the establishment have shoved down our throats since the television age.

Hey look carefully at this: Donald Drumpf is a narcissist orange conman pig.

kmoney

Hall of Fame
Another NON STORY. This is just one more in the relentless line of attacks by the MSM to bring trump down. He ought to just ignore it and say " anyone want to talk about this country and what's wrong with it and what should be done about it"?

I don't think the story is that Trump is advocating violence in any serious way, if there are those who would make it about that.
If there is a story it's that this is more evidence that Trump doesn't have the carefulness of thought that a President should have.
At the very least I think you have to admit that his statement was ambiguous. Not ambiguous as in possibly encouraging violence. Ambiguous as in possibly a bad joke, as Paul Ryan called it.
Comments like this are not going to be ignored.

But good news for you, Crooked Hillary has another bad story about emails.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I don't think the story is that Trump is advocating violence in any serious way, if there are those who would make it about that.
If there is a story it's that this is more evidence that Trump doesn't have the carefulness of thought that a President should have.
At the very least I think you have to admit that his statement was ambiguous. Not ambiguous as in possibly encouraging violence. Ambiguous as in possibly a bad joke, as Paul Ryan called it.
Comments like this are not going to be ignored.

Considering all of the violence that has gone on as well as the language used at the Trump rallies, there is good reason for concern. Also, I am not convinced that his statement wasn't made for the sole purpose of inciting violence towards his opponent.

This Charming Manc

yes because its all a conspiracy and there out to get you :)

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
even though we would have your guns off you at the borders?

Meh, in the case of Australia, the weather is great ... besides, I wouldn't move to another country without acknowledging I would be required to live under their rules. Seriously though, Trump poses a real danger to our national security. There is a reason he has the support of Putin and radical groups such as the KKK.