Does God Decieve?

Arthur Brain

And you think if someone talks "mean" to you, they aren't showing love?

No. In the case of "Right Divider" & "Judge Rightly" they just embarrassed themselves by going on about love as if it was a teenage crush or something. Why, who knows... In the case of Musterion then no, not at all. He "exemplified" that already. Anyone who can contemplate the suffering of another with glee lacks the very thing in question.

"Mean" has nothing to do with it.

glorydaz

No. In the case of "Right Divider" & "Judge Rightly" they just embarrassed themselves by going on about love as if it was a teenage crush or something. Why, who knows... In the case of Musterion then no, not at all. He "exemplified" that already. Anyone who can contemplate the suffering of another with glee lacks the very thing in question.

"Mean" has nothing to do with it.

You, of course, would have no "glee" if the man who tortured and killed your entire family, for instance, was sent to the chair. You are too loving for that to ever be the case. :rolleyes:

That's the kind of "glee" Musty is talking about. It's called justice.

Arthur Brain

You, of course, would have no "glee" if the man who tortured and killed your entire family, for instance, was sent to the chair. You are too loving for that to ever be the case. :rolleyes:

That's the kind of "glee" Musty is talking about. It's called justice.

No, it isn't and I'm surprised that you're reduced to such an "argument". If someone tortured and killed my loved ones then darned sure I'd want them brought to account. If I had the opportunity I may well be inclined to dispense my own form of "justice" in turn which certainly wouldn't have much love about it. So there you are GD, I'm human and I'll admit that if someone hurt those I care about I'd want them to pay a price.

That isn't remotely comparable to what Musty's going on about. He would gladly take pleasure in the eternal suffering of a stranger who just didn't happen to have the right belief in life?

Arthur Brain

No, that's not true. I was talking about a conscience all along. You brought up all the weird eyelid and starving stuff.

Yes, it is. Unless you equate a conscience with having belief then this is all on you as I implied no such thing. It's your fault for inferring it.

glorydaz

No, it isn't and I'm surprised that you're reduced to such an "argument". If someone tortured and killed my loved ones then darned sure I'd want them brought to account. If I had the opportunity I may well be inclined to dispense my own form of "justice" in turn which certainly wouldn't have much love about it. So there you are GD, I'm human and I'll admit that if someone hurt those I care about I'd want them to pay a price.

That isn't remotely comparable to what Musty's going on about. He would gladly take pleasure in the eternal suffering of a stranger who just didn't happen to have the right belief in life?

Ah, so you're only concerned when it affects you personally. Too bad for those other people who have been affected by the rest of the ungodly.

glorydaz

Yes, it is. Unless you equate a conscience with having belief then this is all on you as I implied no such thing. It's your fault for inferring it.

Nonsense. We were talking about all those people who never had a chance to hear the Gospel. Deepest darkest Africa for instance. Try to keep on topic, Artie, then we won't have this problem.

Arthur Brain

Ah, so you're only concerned when it affects you personally. Too bad for those other people who have been affected by the rest of the ungodly.

No, I answered you in regards to how I'd feel if someone hurt my loved ones, with honesty. I didn't say I was only concerned with that which would affect me personally and it's bizarre that you'd even make that argument.

Arthur Brain

Nonsense. We were talking about all those people who never had a chance to hear the Gospel. Deepest darkest Africa for instance. Try to keep on topic, Artie, then we won't have this problem.

The problem is yours. I didn't remotely suggest that a starving person couldn't have a conscience and it's all there in black and white.

:AMR:

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber

:think:

:idea:

The righteous shall rejoice when he sees the vengeance; He shall wash his feet in the blood of the wicked,So that men will say, “Surely there is a reward for the righteous; Surely He is God who judges in the earth.” - Psalm 58:10-11 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Psalm58:10-11&version=NKJV

Arthur Brain

:think:

:idea:

The righteous shall rejoice when he sees the vengeance; He shall wash his feet in the blood of the wicked,So that men will say, “Surely there is a reward for the righteous; Surely He is God who judges in the earth.” - Psalm 58:10-11 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Psalm58:10-11&version=NKJV

Amazing how folk can contort things to justify their happiness at other people's suffering. No wonder you were reduced to some juvenile "quip" where it came to love.

Happy new year anyway.

Arthur Brain

He wants to frame it as glee so the implication of it being a righteous thing -- grave, awful and terrible, but righteous -- can be temporarily dodged.

You shouldn't be so shy. Taking any sort of pleasure in the suffering of others and especially trying to frame such as "righteous" is the antithesis of love. You're like the Phelps clan at a soldiers funeral.

6days

You shouldn't be so shy. Taking any sort of pleasure in the suffering of others and especially trying to frame such as "righteous" is the antithesis of love. You're like the Phelps clan at a soldiers funeral.
I haven't followed the whole chat you are having with others, but I think taking "pleasure" in others suffering is wrong. For the verse quoted previous (Psalm 97:10), I like the NLT wording "The godly will rejoice when they see injustice avenged." Don't we all want that Arthur? We want justice... We want law... We want evil-doers punished.

Arthur Brain

I haven't followed the whole chat you are having with others, but I think taking "pleasure" in others suffering is wrong. For the verse quoted previous (Psalm 97:10), I like the NLT wording "The godly will rejoice when they see injustice avenged." Don't we all want that Arthur? We want justice... We want law... We want evil-doers punished.

"Injustice avenged" is a completely different thing and I appreciate the response. The likes of Musty would rejoice in a complete stranger suffering because of a lack of belief or holding the "wrong one". No love whatsoever in that.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
I haven't followed the whole chat you are having with others, but I think taking "pleasure" in others suffering is wrong. For the verse quoted previous (Psalm 97:10),

Huh?

The verse I quoted was Psalm 58:10-11...

I like the NLT wording "The godly will rejoice when they see injustice avenged." Don't we all want that Arthur? We want justice... We want law... We want evil-doers punished.

Here is what the Hebrew says:

1ea3c224ae9eeb392c440c95143cf923.jpg

122197d0b338d8c739246237b37495fe.jpg

If I were you, I would stick with what is closer to the copies of the originals.

Arthur Brain

Huh?

The verse I quoted was Psalm 58:10-11...

Here is what the Hebrew says:

1ea3c224ae9eeb392c440c95143cf923.jpg

122197d0b338d8c739246237b37495fe.jpg

If I were you, I would stick with what is closer to the copies of the originals.

Says the guy who conflates love with a teenage crush and advocates one of the most useless forms of government ever?

You should read up a bit yourself.

:plain: