Does God Decieve?

glorydaz

They're just people, fragile flesh and bone like you and me. You could have been born in an entirely different set of circumstances where you had an entirely different background and brought up to believe something absolutely different as you do now, even just within the "Christian" realm of faith. You could have been born in third world poverty where belief and doctrine wouldn't even be a part of your life but trying to survive would be the concern. Religious doctrines are often devoid of the one thing that makes life important: Love.

Scripture addresses that, Artie. To whom much is given much is required and vice versa. Man is without excuse, because the things of God are clearly seen and known by the created. Everyone has a conscience...even the heathen in deepest darkest Africa.

Arthur Brain

Scripture addresses that, Artie. To whom much is given much is required and vice versa. Man is without excuse, because the things of God are clearly seen and known by the created. Everyone has a conscience...even the heathen in deepest darkest Africa.

That's so easy to say isn't it? What if you developed a condition where your eyelashes turned inward? What if you had no access to clean water? What if you saw your family dying because of lack of food? What if you had no means to any of the things that both you and I take for granted each and every day, like internet access to post on here?

glorydaz

That's so easy to say isn't it? What if you developed a condition where your eyelashes turned inward? What if you had no access to clean water? What if you had no means to any of the things that both you and I take for granted each and every day, like internet access to post on here?

What in the world are you talking about?

Arthur Brain

What in the world are you talking about?

What's tripping you up? You go on about how man is "without excuse" and how things are "clearly seen" et al so are the starving in the third world not up to speed if they don't believe or something?

Don't play coy GD, it doesn't become you.

musterion

AB, where's this sudden fit coming from? Is it your conscience bothering you? It's exceedingly odd that you would be so offended by something you insist is false. It'd be like you saying you are offended by Cindarella or some other fairytale. Doesn't make sense, unless something resonates.

Anyway, you want offensive? Try this.

If you, AB, die without repenting (changing your mind) about what Christ did for you and believing it unto your soul's salvation, I look forward to seeing you cast into the Lake of Fire for spitting on and despising Him.

Why will I look forward to it?

I will look forward to it because it will be God's own righteous justice against the worst offense left in the universe, so I can do no less than anticipate it with pleasure as part of the restitution of all things. Because it will be necessary and right.

Besides, it will be exactly what you evidently want. If it happens, you'll have made that choice and call for yourself. It'll be all your fault when God gives you what you desire forever...nothing to do with God.

Or me!

In any case, AB, I cannot be the reason you're so upset, just for having a sig that reminds you of something that you insist isn't true. Nah, that makes no sense.

No, the reason for your upset must lie elsewhere.

Last edited:

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
An Aussie beer, about on the level of Schlitz. Seems to fit.

it does, doesn't it, as an explanation for his irrational behavior, often abusive, often incoherent, always relying more on emotion than reasoned logic

the alternative is darker and involves exploring his massive insecurities, lack of self-worth/self-esteem, possible bouts of schizophrenia or manic depressive episodes, etc

have you noticed lately how often he brings into the discussion the terms "compassion" and "empathy"?

ok doser

... she "preaches" kindness, patience, empathy, understanding by just being who she is. She displays more love ...

do you suppose she's an effective teacher/preacher?

...certainly more so than many on here...

judgemental

There's everything wrong with it for anyone who has a semblance of compassion about them and isn't bound by pompous religious legalism. That rules you out huh?

judgemental

Oh, I'm sorry. How about religious cranks and zealots. That a bit less "pompous" for you? Those who advocate the likes of Musty's sig sure fall under that category. Am I a "lib" for not going along with it?

judgemental

looks like her style of preaching/teaching is a failure artie, at least when it comes to kindness, patience, empathy, understanding and love

or maybe you're just a poor student

Arthur Brain

AB, where's this sudden fit coming from? Is it your conscience bothering you? It's exceedingly odd that you would be so offended by something you insist is false. It'd be like you saying you are offended by Cindarella or some other fairytale. Doesn't make sense, unless something resonates.

"Fit"? Do you honestly think that having an objection or difference with something equates to being upset or regarding it as true? I've heard callous shtick from the likes of you before, once over in regards to a young boy who committed suicide from former church members. Several folk there made it clear in no uncertain terms that because he'd taken his own life he was "down there sizzling" along with other charming terms. That he was only 15 and had had a "hell" of a life already made no difference to them. Do you honestly think that my objection to that is because I think it's true? You need to sharpen up your cognitive skills if so.

Anyway, you want offensive? Try this.

If you, AB, die without repenting (changing your mind) about what Christ did for you and believing it unto your soul's salvation, I look forward to seeing you cast into the Lake of Fire for spitting on and despising Him.

Why will I look forward to it?

I will look forward to it because it will be God's own righteous justice against the worst offense left in the universe, so I can do no less than anticipate it with pleasure as part of the restitution of all things. Because it will be necessary and right.

No, don't sell yourself short. You'd "look forward to it" because you lack simple, basic humanity for whatever reason that happens to be. Much like the people I knew who so callously and flippantly condemned a young boy, you're just a puffed up, self righteous religionist who uses religion as a means to justify such bile towards others. A bit like when 'okdoser' used to post about how he'd look forward to seeing Rusha burn in hell. It's so ironic considering what the bible has to say about love and so eloquently at that. See, as much as your attitude towards your fellow man is contemptible and utterly lacking in love, I wouldn't look forward to you suffering, eternally or otherwise. Bizarre that you would even mention the "restitution of all things" as your belief actually rules that out.

Besides, it will be exactly what you evidently want. If it happens, you'll have made that choice and call for yourself. It'll be all your fault when God gives you what you desire forever...nothing to do with God.

Or me!

In any case, AB, I cannot be the reason you're so upset, just for having a sig that reminds you of something that you insist isn't true. Nah, that makes no sense.

It doesn't make sense but then that's because you were wrong to start with, as addressed above.

No, the reason for your upset must lie elsewhere.

A lack of basic humanity upsets on a foundational level as it did when people judged and condemned a young boy in years gone by. It happens unfortunately.

Last edited:

Arthur Brain

AB seems to think that love is that warm fuzzy feeling that makes him weak in the knees.

He thinks that love is that butterflies in the gut feeling :mock:

"Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres."

Can you guys grow up now?

:idunno:

ok doser

"Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres."

Hypocrite

glorydaz

And you think if someone talks "mean" to you, they aren't showing love?