Denial of the deity of Jesus

Elia

When you pray to the wall....what exactly is going through your head...?

Bs"d

We don't pray to the wall, we pray to God in front of wall (sometimes), just like the righteous king Hezekiah did, after which God granted him his wishes.

What is totally forbidden is praying to or in front of statues, of which you think they personify God, like the statues of your messiah/god:

"And God spoke all these words, saying:
2 “I am Y-H-W-H your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage.
3 You shall have no other gods before Me.
4 You shall not make for yourself a carved image—any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth; 5 you shall not bow down to them nor serve them. For I, Y-H-W-H your God, am a jealous God"
Ex 20

"For all people will walk every one in the name of his god, and we will walk in the name of Y-H-W-H our God for ever and ever.".

Micah 4:5

Apple7

We don't pray to the wall, we pray to God in front of wall (sometimes), just like the righteous king Hezekiah did, after which God granted him his wishes.

You still don't even know what you are doing, do you...?

As Isa 38.4 informs the reader, The Word of Yahweh (debar Yahweh...i.e. The Son) came to Hezekiah when he was praying.

Jesus, as The Word, informs the reader that a person can pray anywhere, anytime, to Him.

But, you continue to deny God.....because of your ignorance...

Elia

You still don't even know what you are doing, do you...?

As Isa 38.4 informs the reader, The Word of Yahweh (debar Yahweh...i.e. The Son) came to Hezekiah when he was praying.

Jesus, as The Word, informs the reader that a person can pray anywhere, anytime, to Him.

But, you continue to deny God.....because of your ignorance...

Bs"d

I deny your false god, because I know that God is not human. I know that God is ONE, and not three.

"For all people will walk every one in the name of his god, and we will walk in the name of Y-H-W-H our God for ever and ever.".

Micah 4:5

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Yahweh, made in man's image....yeah...wonderful....

Yahweh, made in man's image....yeah...wonderful....

Yahweh is a Man of war; Yahweh is His name. (Exo 15.3)

You do know of the human tendency to 'humanize' Deity, don't you? (make 'God' in man's own image). You're also aware that no Orthodox Jew believes that 'God' is a 'man', neither that he can become a 'man', so until they make that leap, they will reject your 'God-man' portraiture and 'christianizing' of their scriptures. They appear to do that just fine, with their anti-missionary ministries which prove Jesus did NOT qualify to be their Messiah, since he did not fulfill the expectations that their Messiah was to accomplish.

Otherwise,.... esotericists, gnostics, kabbalists, theosophists could just as well allegorize anything found in so called 'scriptures' and make what they will from such 'figurative' language, so its pretty much "up for grabs". The only problem is when persons get overly 'dogmatic' over their own 'translation' or 'interpretation' and worship it as 'exclusive' or 'absolute', when its really just 'relative' (one point of view among others).

Consciousness is like a mirror.....we tend to reflect our own image back into concepts or forms we entertain, as far as our intellect can take us by way of analogy, while spiritual things are spiritually discerned on an another level altogether. I guess wisdom can guide us in how to coordinate these elements in incorporating a integral theology that is reasonable.

;)

Apple7

You do know of the human tendency to 'humanize' Deity, don't you? (make 'God' in man's own image). You're also aware that no Orthodox Jew believes that 'God' is a 'man', neither that he can become a 'man', so until they make that leap, they will reject your 'God-man' portraiture and 'christianizing' of their scriptures. They appear to do that just fine, with their anti-missionary ministries which prove Jesus did NOT qualify to be their Messiah, since he did not fulfill the expectations that their Messiah was to accomplish. integral theology that is reasonable.

You need to ask yourself how it is that many Jews knew Jesus as God, when He came to them in the NT....so...what did they know above that of the other ignorant Jews...?

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
You need to ask yourself how it is that many Jews knew Jesus as God, when He came to them in the NT....so...what did they know above that of the other ignorant Jews...?

But that's the problem of assuming what the early followers of Jesus thought about him, and how the books of the NT became canonized, as beliefs were being 'evolved' and 'developed' about Jesus, which continued on in church council-debates for centuries after Jesus!

I believe he being 'divinitized' came later in theological developments, while a good share of earlier followers of Jesus believed he was the Messiah in the Jewish tradition, which would not be a 'god-man' who sacrificed himself to be a 'blood-atonement', but such ideas were later 'morphed' into NT writings, mostly from Paul's letters.

Apple7

But that's the problem of assuming what the early followers of Jesus thought about him, and how the books of the NT became canonized, as beliefs were being 'evolved' and 'developed' about Jesus, which continued on in church council-debates for centuries after Jesus!

I believe he being 'divinitized' came later in theological developments, while a good share of earlier followers of Jesus believed he was the Messiah in the Jewish tradition, which would not be a 'god-man' who sacrificed himself to be a 'blood-atonement', but such ideas were later 'morphed' into NT writings, mostly from Paul's letters.

No.

The Jews who knew who Jesus was, when He came the them, used the established Tanak...not the NT!!!

Use your head.

popsthebuilder

John 14:8-14
8Philip saith unto him, Lord, shew us the Father, and it sufficeth us. 9Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Shew us the Father? 10Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works. 11Believe me that I am in the Father, and the Father in me: or else believe me for the very works' sake. 12Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father. 13And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son. 14If ye shall ask any thing in my name, I will do it.
None of that says he is the father but that the holy spirit indwells in him

Prizebeatz1

Denial of our own divinity?

Denial of our own divinity?

Is it possible that the divinity of Christ is also our divinity? There's this little thing called the soul which is eternal. Maybe the story of Jesus was trying to tell us something about it. Perhaps the true meaning got lost through the centuries to mean something other than we are one with God because of the soul. Wouldn't that be inconvenient?