Contradictions In The Quran

KingdomRose

JW's are a dwindling cult.

This Friday is Good Friday, and Sunday is Easter.

You should attend those events and see what Jesus REALLY did for you....even though you deny Him, as your God and Savior.

Are you going to participate in pagan Easter-egg hunts? Do you not see the inconsistency between Jesus' resurrection and the rabbits and eggs of pagan fertility rites?

You have no inkling of what Jesus really did for you.

KingdomRose

Re. six days post #146:

Not that it makes the difference of a hill of beans, but just where do you get the idea that "Many JWs promote Jason BeDuhn"? Can you answer that?

For you to disregard Dr. BeDuhn's book because he doesn't have a Doctorate in languages is really splitting hairs. He obviously knows basic rules in translating Greek to English, and that is sufficient for an argument, say, about John 1:1.

The NWT is not a "paraphrase." It follows closely what the verse actually says in the Greek or Hebrew, and applies the rules for clear concise translation.

You didn't get what I said. The belief that Jesus was brought into existence first and then created all things doesn't hinge on the word "other." We can leave that off if you prefer. I showed you that words are added all the time to round out the meaning of the verse. You made my point by listing that last item on your list: Young's Literal Translation does not use "him" anywhere because IT WAS NOT IN THE GREEK SENTENCE. That's just what I said. It wasn't there, but other versions PUT IT IN. Same with Colossians 1:15 and the NWT, though no version I've seen yet put "other" in. The point remains.

Stop grasping at straws. It's unbecoming.

KingdomRose

The oath is by God only. You don't know Quran

Then I swear by the setting of the stars,
[Quran 56 : 75 ]
This oath is related to God. God swear by His creature as a great thing, nothing is sacred by God

Egyptian....It is useless to argue with Apple and Crucible and Six Days. They are here to judge and tear down. I had a very bad view of the Quran also, but since you've been here I don't feel so angry. I have read parts of it and I can see messages that disturb me and also messages that seem to contradict the Bible. But now I would rather concentrate on good, positive ideas.

Something very positive is the message of Jehovah's people. One Muslim I talked with years ago got very mad and said that Jehovah wasn't the same as Allah. I didn't know why he got so mad, because Muslims honor the Bible, right? and the Bible says that God's name is YHWH (Jehovah). Anyway, Jehovah's Witnesses teach people about what Jesus did and why. It is a wonderful hope.

Go to this website and select your own language to read in: www.jw.org

Apple7

Are you going to participate in pagan Easter-egg hunts? Do you not see the inconsistency between Jesus' resurrection and the rabbits and eggs of pagan fertility rites?

Easter egg hunts are for children.

When they are able to understand life and death, then they can learn about Jesus as God.

You have no inkling of what Jesus really did for you.

Yes, I do.

Remember, Dr. Bart Ehrman tells you that Jesus is ABSOLUTELY God.

Don't run from it.

Embrace it.

Apple7

He obviously knows basic rules in translating Greek to English, and that is sufficient for an argument, say, about John 1:1.

Dr. Bart Ehrman (the very scholar you have adored for decades, and have used as your reference standard) told YOU directly that Jesus is ABSOLUTELY God in John 1.1.

Trust him.

The NWT is not a "paraphrase." It follows closely what the verse actually says in the Greek or Hebrew, and applies the rules for clear concise translation.

Liberals Arts majors rendered your NWT.

egyptianmuslim

Egyptian....It is useless to argue with Apple and Crucible and Six Days. They are here to judge and tear down. I had a very bad view of the Quran also, but since you've been here I don't feel so angry. I have read parts of it and I can see messages that disturb me and also messages that seem to contradict the Bible. But now I would rather concentrate on good, positive ideas.

Something very positive is the message of Jehovah's people. One Muslim I talked with years ago got very mad and said that Jehovah wasn't the same as Allah. I didn't know why he got so mad, because Muslims honor the Bible, right? and the Bible says that God's name is YHWH (Jehovah). Anyway, Jehovah's Witnesses teach people about what Jesus did and why. It is a wonderful hope.

Go to this website and select your own language to read in: www.jw.org
Thank you.
I know Apple and others but I'm writting for other unknown people who reads our posts.
The name of God isn't the problem but it is important to know who is God.

Say, "Call upon Allah or call upon the Most Merciful. Whichever [name] you call - to Him belong the best names." And do not recite [too] loudly in your prayer or [too] quietly but seek between that an [intermediate] way.
[Quran 17 : 110 ]
It good to get information from its original sources I'll visit JW

CherubRam

Thank you.
I know Apple and others but I'm writting for other unknown people who reads our posts.

Say, "Call upon Allah or call upon the Most Merciful. Whichever [name] you call - to Him belong the best names." And do not recite [too] loudly in your prayer or [too] quietly but seek between that an [intermediate] way.

Calling upon the name of a Pagan god is not good.

CherubRam

[emoji15]

[FONT=&quot]Honor His Name[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
For thousands of years the refusing to use a person's name has been a direct form of dishonor. Shortening the name, replacing the name, distorting the name, all are signs of dishonor.
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Honorable Mention[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
An “honorable mention” is a title of distinction given to a person worthy of mention. Upon honoring the person their name is mentioned, so their name has a place of honor known among the people.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]
Malachi 1:6
“A son honors his father, and a slave his master. If I am a father, [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]where is the honor due me?[/FONT][FONT=&quot] If I am a master, where is the respect due me?” says [the LORD / Yahwah] Almighty. “It is you priests who show contempt for my name. “But you ask, ‘How have we shown contempt for your name?’
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]So what are your thoughts about this?[/FONT][FONT=&quot] [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
Malachi 2:2
If you do not listen, and
if you do not resolve to honor my name,” says [the LORD / Yahwah Almighty], “I will send a curse on you, and I will curse your blessings. Yes, I have already cursed them, because you have not resolved to honor me.

Something to think about.[FONT=&quot]

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][/FONT]

CherubRam

You should be bumped off the site for calling the Trinity blasphemy, especially when your alternative notion is retarded.

You're the blasphemous fool, not me.

Trinitarianism comes from Gnostic Paganism. It does not come from Judaic teachings. Such notions were introduced by the Catholics into the scriptures.

KingdomRose

Thank you.

Thank you, Egyptian. (You bear up well under the attacks of these venomous interlopers who speak against the one true God.)

KingdomRose

Allah is the name of a Pagan God.

Yahshua is reported to have cried out in Aramaic: ELOI, ELOI, LAMA SABACHTHANI? If Allah was valid, how come Yahshua called out in Aramaic "Eloi;" Although those who have translated the Bible into Arabic used Allah as a term for God. Eloi means: "My God."

Mark 15:34
And at three in the afternoon Yahshua cried out in a loud voice, “Eloi, Eloi, lema sabachthani?” (which means “My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?”).

Ooooh snap! That's right....Jesus called out to the Father, "MY GOD, MY GOD!" Another example of Jesus showing us that he has a God! Can God have a God?

:nono:

KingdomRose

Interestingly enough, chapter 53 of the Koran is paraphrased from the Biblical Book Of Revelation, and Al Uzza and Manat are not actually 'satanic verses/deities', but, rather, apply to the creatures in the Revelation narrative.

Instead of doing nothing but tearing down, why don't you tell Egyptian about the positive things about God and Jesus? Like how Jesus will bring back the earth to Paradise conditions when he rules, according to Isaiah 9:6,7, Daniel 2:44, and Isaiah chapter 11?

KingdomRose

[FONT="]Honor His Name[/FONT][/B][COLOR=blue][FONT="]
For thousands of years the refusing to use a person's name has been a direct form of dishonor. Shortening the name, replacing the name, distorting the name, all are signs of dishonor.
[/FONT][/COLOR]
[FONT="]
[/FONT][/COLOR][B][FONT="]Honorable Mention[/FONT]
[FONT="]
An “honorable mention” is a title of distinction given to a person worthy of mention. Upon honoring the person their name is mentioned, so their name has a place of honor known among the people.[/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=black][FONT="]
[/FONT]

[FONT="]
[B]Malachi 1:6[/B]
“A son honors his father, and a slave his master. If I am a father, [/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=red][FONT="]where is the honor due me?[/FONT]
[FONT="] If I am a master, where is the respect due me?” says [B][the LORD / Yahwah][/B] Almighty. “It is you priests who show contempt for my name. “But you ask, ‘How have we shown contempt for your name?’
[/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=black][FONT=Arial]
[/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=black][FONT="]
[/FONT]
[FONT="]So what are your thoughts about this?[/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=black][FONT="] [/FONT]

[FONT="]
[/FONT][/COLOR][B][COLOR=black][FONT=Arial]Malachi 2:2[/FONT][/COLOR][/B][COLOR=black][FONT=Arial]
If you do not listen, and [/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=red][FONT=Arial]if you do not resolve to honor my name[/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=black][FONT=Arial],” says [the LORD / Yahwah Almighty], “[/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=red][FONT=Arial]I will send a curse on you[/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=black][FONT=Arial], and I will curse your blessings. Yes, I have already cursed them, because you have not resolved to honor me.

[/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=blue][FONT=Arial]Something to think about.[/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=black][FONT="]

[/FONT]
[FONT="][/FONT]

Yes, really. All the good "Christians" here refuse to use the personal name of the God of the Bible, the one true God, Jehovah (Psalm 83:18, KJV; John 17:3), proving to be no better than what you say Egyptian is.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
Trinitarianism comes from Gnostic Paganism.

No it doesn't. A lot of people in this age always try to find some sort of correlation to paganism to deny something, and denying the Trinity is one of those things.

Correlation does not imply causation- skeptics will say that Yahweh is from Abraham in his time in Egypt, where the Sun, whom God is symbolized as, was their high god.
Do you believe that?

But here you are, doing as they do :rolleyes:

The Trinity was proposed to directly harmonize the scriptures you say do not speak of Christ being God. Your interpretation is fixed on a bias against Trinitarians, and nothing more.

It does not come from Judaic teachings.

And the Jews crucified Christ. What does that tell you?

Go be Judaic. Or Muslim. But don't sit here and report that you are a Christian and tell others they are blasphemous for adhering to THE GOD OF CHRISTIANITY.

Apple7

Ooooh snap! That's right....Jesus called out to the Father, "MY GOD, MY GOD!" Another example of Jesus showing us that he has a God! Can God have a God?

:nono:

Dr. Ehrman (whom you have trusted for decades) told you directly, that Jesus is absolutely God.

That must be baking your noodle something fierce...