Consequences of Unbelief or Incorrect Doctrine

Brother Ducky

Have you not noticed all of my references to scripture?

Calvinism is one of the easiest false doctrines to refute because the bible does not support it.

Why, yes, I have. I have also noticed when you change Scripture to make it say what you want, and not what it does say. I have you dismissed entire books of Scripture because it does not fit what you think it should say.

And I have noticed that there has been no wholesale exodus from the Calvinistic camp on the basis of your arguments.

Robert Pate

Banned
I know this will be a blow to your incessant anti-Calvinist polemics, but Calvinists do not reject the Gospel and/or justification of faith. This is true no matter how many times you indicate the opposite.

Nevertheless, I see that again you have failed to even attempt to make a Biblical case for a free-will anthropology. You would rather attack than discourse. Lie rather than reason. Patificate rather than discuss.

Of course Calvinist reject the Gospel and justification by faith.

How can you believe the Gospel and reject the fact that Jesus is the savior of the world, 1 John 2:2. Or that he has provided salvation for everyone, Hebrews 2:9.

Robert Pate

Banned
Of course Calvinist reject the Gospel and justification by faith.

How can you believe the Gospel and reject the fact that Jesus is the savior of the world, 1 John 2:2. Or that he has provided salvation for everyone, Hebrews 2:9.

I do not change scripture. Never have and never will.

Brother Ducky

You want to build a doctrine on one scripture that has a grammatical error in it?

I would build no doctrine on one verse; and the doctrine of predestination is certainly not built on one verse.

But I would be interested in knowing about this grammatical error. Please enlighten me. Is the error in the Greek or in English?

Robert Pate

Banned
I would build no doctrine on one verse; and the doctrine of predestination is certainly not built on one verse.

But I would be interested in knowing about this grammatical error. Please enlighten me. Is the error in the Greek or in English?

No one is saved before they hear the Gospel.

"So then faith comes by hearing and hearing by the word of God" Romans 10:17.

Your doctrine is unbiblical and is anti-Gospel.

On the day of Pentecost they heard the Gospel, they believed the Gospel and they received the Holy Spirit, Acts 2:41

Why is it you cannot receive the truth?

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
..nless one hears the Gospel of their salvation and places ALL their faith in Christ as their Savior, they will not reap the benefits of His death and resurrection.
All you (e.g. [MENTION=6992]heir[/MENTION] [MENTION=13955]glorydaz[/MENTION] [MENTION=1851]john w[/MENTION]) can do is believe. That won't happen until God removes the veil from your eyes (2 Co 3:14, Joe 2:13). Your jesus :freak: doesn't save.

See:

Christ the Final Word by Timothy Keller

Related:

All you have to do is believe in Jesus".. Huh?
"OSAS" people are not answering this question
Lordship

Last edited:

Brother Ducky

No one is saved before they hear the Gospel.

"So then faith comes by hearing and hearing by the word of God" Romans 10:17.

Your doctrine is unbiblical and is anti-Gospel.

On the day of Pentecost they heard the Gospel, they believed the Gospel and they received the Holy Spirit, Acts 2:41

Why is it you cannot receive the truth?

OK. Where is this supposed grammatical error?

Also, I forgot to ask you. If a doctrine can not be built on a single verse, are you going to
1] more fully support your doctrine of re-imputation of sin or
2] abandon the silly doctrine or
3] just go about with your usual procedure of just continuing with practices you decry in others?

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
All you (e.g. [MENTION=6992]heir[/MENTION] [MENTION=13955]glorydaz[/MENTION] [MENTION=1851]john w[/MENTION]) can do is believe. That won't happen until God removes the veil from your eyes (2 Co 3:14, Joe 2:13). Your jesus :freak: doesn't save.

See:

Related:

Lordship

Who is Timmy Keller? And, why should we listen to him? I never heard of him? There are literally copious amounts of writers and opinions. Ought we listen to this Timmy fella before we listen to the Bible? Please let me know? Do you recommend him that highly?

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame

See:

Related:

Lordship

Are you the only one who "holds" all truth and are in a position to judge the beliefs of others? I've been looking for you over the past 65 years of my life on planet earth. Please let me know?

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
I suspect this is the best verse for claiming free-will.

But a couple of things. Are we sure it applies to more than national Israel, those who were already in some sort of relationship to God?

And if we look ahead a few verses, Say Joshua 24:16-22, the people do make a free-will acceptance/covenant. Read ahead further, say Judges and the Books of Samuel, and tell me how well this worked out for them.

And relate this verse to the Biblical anthropology of the innate evil of humans.

In my very astute opinion, Calvinism is "another gospel."

Robert Pate

Banned
OK. Where is this supposed grammatical error?

Also, I forgot to ask you. If a doctrine can not be built on a single verse, are you going to
1] more fully support your doctrine of re-imputation of sin or
2] abandon the silly doctrine or
3] just go about with your usual procedure of just continuing with practices you decry in others?

If God imputes righteousness without works to believers, Romans 4:6. He can also impute sin without works to unbelievers, Romans 4:8.