Consequences of Unbelief or Incorrect Doctrine

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
Are you the only one who "holds" all truth and are in a position to judge the beliefs of others?

I'm smart (Ps 119:99 ESV). I make things go. :freak:

samaritansnare212-300x229.jpg

glorydaz

All you (e.g. [MENTION=6992]heir[/MENTION] [MENTION=13955]glorydaz[/MENTION] [MENTION=1851]john w[/MENTION]) can do is believe. That won't happen until God removes the veil from your eyes (2 Co 3:14, Joe 2:13). Your jesus :freak: doesn't save.

See:

Christ the Final Word by Timothy Keller

Related:

All you have to do is believe in Jesus".. Huh?
"OSAS" people are not answering this question
Lordship

Looks to me like you should stop assuming you know what we believe. Obviously, you don't. :)

Brother Ducky

If God imputes righteousness without works to believers, Romans 4:6. He can also impute sin without works to unbelievers, Romans 4:8.

Again, what is the supposed grammatical error?

Romans 4:8 does not state anything about the imputation of sin. And to paraphrase you, are you going to build a doctrine on the basis of one verse?

Robert Pate

Banned
Again, what is the supposed grammatical error?

Romans 4:8 does not state anything about the imputation of sin. And to paraphrase you, are you going to build a doctrine on the basis of one verse?

"Romans 4:8 does not state anything about the imputation of sin" (Ducky)

"Blessed is the man to whom the Lord will not impute sin" Romans 4:8.

Some people have to learn things through experience. You are apparently one of them.

genuineoriginal

How is it? do you create the options to be chosen? or do you enforce the consequences of each choice?

If you choose life that is God's will
If you choose death, dead men do not have freewill
Here are two examples of free will in action:

Psalm 36:1-4
1 The transgression of the wicked saith within my heart, that there is no fear of God before his eyes.
2 For he flattereth himself in his own eyes, until his iniquity be found to be hateful.
3 The words of his mouth are iniquity and deceit: he hath left off to be wise, and to do good.
4 He deviseth mischief upon his bed; he setteth himself in a way that is not good; he abhorreth not evil.​

Psalm 119:9-11
9 Wherewithal shall a young man cleanse his way? by taking heed thereto according to thy word.
10 With my whole heart have I sought thee: O let me not wander from thy commandments.
11 Thy word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against thee.​

Brother Ducky

"Romans 4:8 does not state anything about the imputation of sin" (Ducky)

"Blessed is the man to whom the Lord will not impute sin" Romans 4:8.

Some people have to learn things through experience. You are apparently one of them.

Perhaps. The verse is talking about the non-imputation of sin. You might infer that there is imputation of sin from the verse, but it is not explicit in the verse.

So, two things.

1] What is the supposed grammatical error in Acts 13:48?

2] Are you going to more fully support your re-imputation doctrine? You have stated that 4 verses are insufficient to support a doctrine, so do you have at least four more to present?

Robert Pate

Banned
Perhaps. The verse is talking about the non-imputation of sin. You might infer that there is imputation of sin from the verse, but it is not explicit in the verse.

So, two things.

1] What is the supposed grammatical error in Acts 13:48?

2] Are you going to more fully support your re-imputation doctrine? You have stated that 4 verses are insufficient to support a doctrine, so do you have at least four more to present?

Everyone has been appointed to eternal life in Jesus Christ, not just some. If God only appointed some to eternal life and not all he would be unjust.

"That he by the grace of God should taste for everyone" Hebrews 2:9.

"Even so by the righteousness of one THE FREE GIFT came upon ALL MEN unto justification of life" Romans 5:18.

"Who will have ALL MEN to be saved, and to come into the knowledge of the truth" 1 Timothy 2:4.

You need to come into the knowledge of the truth.

Brother Ducky

Everyone has been appointed to eternal life in Jesus Christ, not just some. If God only appointed some to eternal life and not all he would be unjust.

"That he by the grace of God should taste for everyone" Hebrews 2:9.

"Even so by the righteousness of one THE FREE GIFT came upon ALL MEN unto justification of life" Romans 5:18.

"Who will have ALL MEN to be saved, and to come into the knowledge of the truth" 1 Timothy 2:4.

You need to come into the knowledge of the truth.

I do not see any explanation or mere comment about the supposed grammatical error in Acts 13:48.

I do not see the re-imputation of sin in these verses. Please clarify.

Brother Ducky

You can't see anything because you are spiritually blind.

Again, perhaps.

But again perhaps:
1] you did not mention the supposed grammatical error.
So how about it. Make the supposed error clear.

2] there is no mention or logical necessity of the Pateish doctrine of the re-imputation of sin.
Perhaps you see things that are not there.

Robert Pate

Banned
Again, perhaps.

But again perhaps:
1] you did not mention the supposed grammatical error.
So how about it. Make the supposed error clear.

2] there is no mention or logical necessity of the Pateish doctrine of the re-imputation of sin.
Perhaps you see things that are not there.

Everything is there. But you refuse to see it.

Brother Ducky

Everything is there. But you refuse to see it.

I think you are hallucinating.

What is the supposed grammatical error in Acts 13:48? Ask your wife if you are having trouble with the proper terms.

In the three verses you quote there is no mention of sin, much less the re-imputation of sin. I am considered, correctly enough, by some here to be not so bright. So make it simple enough for a dummy like me to understand where and how you see the re-imputation of sin in these verses. Any authorities you could quote here on the re-imputation of sin? I know you like going to the Bible alone, but sometimes others can help us along with our ideas.

fishrovmen

I think you are hallucinating.

What is the supposed grammatical error in Acts 13:48? Ask your wife if you are having trouble with the proper terms.

In the three verses you quote there is no mention of sin, much less the re-imputation of sin. I am considered, correctly enough, by some here to be not so bright. So make it simple enough for a dummy like me to understand where and how you see the re-imputation of sin in these verses. Any authorities you could quote here on the re-imputation of sin? I know you like going to the Bible alone, but sometimes others can help us along with our ideas.

About 7 posts prior, Pate tells us that Acts 13:48 doesnt fit his ideas of what makes God just. So for Pate, opinion trumps revealed truth. Sad.

Robert Pate

Banned
About 7 posts prior, Pate tells us that Acts 13:48 doesnt fit his ideas of what makes God just. So for Pate, opinion trumps revealed truth. Sad.

You have one scripture that appears to support Calvinism, Acts 13:48.

There is no other scripture that supports the idea that God appoints people to eternal life. You would like to eliminate Christ and his Gospel. The Bible does not support the idea that God appoints people to eternal life. Acts 13:48 is an error, it should read "For as many as believed were appointed to eternal life" then it would be compatible with dozens of other scriptures such as Acts 2:41 also Galatians 3:2.

We are saved and born again by hearing and believing the Gospel, not by being appointed to salvation by God.

Give up your anti-Christ doctrine and believe the Gospel.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
Any doctrine that treads on the immutability of God is false- one shouldn't have to even explain why. The big mistake; the folly of Catholicism, is that they did exactly that. They made the supreme providence of God frivolous with their doctrines, and Arminian Protestants do much the same.

Robert Pate

Banned
Any doctrine that treads on the immutability of God is false- one shouldn't have to even explain why. The big mistake; the folly of Catholicism, is that they did exactly that. They made the supreme providence of God frivolous with their doctrines, and Arminian Protestants do much the same.

All religions are in error.

The New Testament is about Jesus Christ and his Gospel that justifies the ungodly, Romans 4:5 and reconciles the world unto God, 2 Corinthians 5:19.