Consequences of Unbelief or Incorrect Doctrine

genuineoriginal

There are two kinds of righteousness.

The righteousness of man and the righteousness of God.

No one has the righteousness of God, simply because, "There is none righteous, no, not one" Romans 3:10.
You do know Paul was quoting the Old Testament, right?

Psalm 14:3-5
3 They are all gone aside, they are all together become filthy: there is none that doeth good, no, not one.
4 Have all the workers of iniquity no knowledge? who eat up my people as they eat bread, and call not upon the Lord.
5 There were they in great fear: for God is in the generation of the righteous.​

If there are none righteous, then who are the generation of the righteous that God is in?

Robert Pate

Banned
You do know Paul was quoting the Old Testament, right?

Psalm 14:3-5
3 They are all gone aside, they are all together become filthy: there is none that doeth good, no, not one.
4 Have all the workers of iniquity no knowledge? who eat up my people as they eat bread, and call not upon the Lord.
5 There were they in great fear: for God is in the generation of the righteous.​

If there are none righteous, then who are the generation of the righteous that God is in?

The generation of the righteous are Christians. They are the ones that are righteous in Christ. But they are not in Christ yet. No one can posses the righteousness of Christ and still remain in their Adamic bodies that is indwelt with sin, Romans 7:18.

Robert Pate

Banned
So you believe the new person is the same as the old person who died, right?

God sees us as new creations in Jesus Christ, "spiritually".

We see ourselves and others as sinners, because we are still here in the flesh. We have not arrived yet.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
We see ourselves and others as sinners, because we are still here in the flesh.

Do you not believe Jesus was in the flesh as a human being?

Jesus said, "That which is born of the flesh is flesh and that which is born of the Spirit is Spirit." (John 3:6)

Before we are born of the Spirit we must be begotten of the Spirit.

Conversion takes place from the inside out.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
We see ourselves and others as sinners, because we are still here in the flesh.

The flesh is dead because of sin.

DEAD. Get it, DEAD.

"And if Christ is in you, the body is dead because of sin" (Romans 8:10)

All you seem to see is dead people who are still breathing.

Robert Pate

Banned

DEAD. Get it, DEAD.

Spiritually, Romans 8:10 is right on. But if you move over to Romans 8:23, we are still groaning because of sin.

genuineoriginal

The generation of the righteous are Christians. They are the ones that are righteous in Christ. But they are not in Christ yet. No one can posses the righteousness of Christ and still remain in their Adamic bodies that is indwelt with sin, Romans 7:18.
Your explanation does not match context of the passage.

Robert Pate

Banned

DEAD. Get it, DEAD.

I don't see any that are righteous and without sin.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
I don't see any that are righteous and without sin.

We are the flesh and bones of Jesus Christ.

"For we are members of His body, of His flesh and of His bones." (Ephesians 5:30)

So you are accusing Christ of sin? Why?

Robert Pate

Banned
We are the flesh and bones of Jesus Christ.

"For we are members of His body, of His flesh and of His bones." (Ephesians 5:30)

So you are accusing Christ of sin? Why?

Spiritually speaking, we are "In Christ" and Christ is in heaven, Colossians 3:3.

But we are not there yet, because we are still here on this evil planet in our Adamic bodies.

You cannot bring into the now that which in the future.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Spiritually speaking, we are "In Christ" and Christ is in heaven, Colossians 3:3.

But we are not there yet, because we are still here on this evil planet in our Adamic bodies.

You cannot bring into the now that which in the future.

God dwells in his temple.

"Do you not know that you are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God dwells in you? If anyone defiles the temple of God, God will destroy him. For the temple of God is holy, which temple you are."
(1 Corinthians 3:16-17)

You claim that God's temple is unholy and unclean.

Robert Pate

Banned
God dwells in his temple.

"Do you not know that you are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God dwells in you? If anyone defiles the temple of God, God will destroy him. For the temple of God is holy, which temple you are."
(1 Corinthians 3:16-17)

You claim that God's temple is unholy and unclean.

I think that you are dull of hearing.

God sees Christians as perfect and complete "In Christ" Colossians 2:10.

But we have not been totally sanctified yet. We are sinners and saints at the same time. Your problem is that you have rejected those scriptures that say that we are sinners, Romans 3:10, Romans 3:23.

We are still sinners because we are still here on the earth in these sinful Adamic bodies.

Tell me that you are without sin and I will show you a hypocrite, 1 John 1:8.