Consequences of Unbelief or Incorrect Doctrine

Robert Pate

Banned
That's the exact opposite of what Jesus said.

"And I saw the dead, small and great, standing before God, and books were opened. And another book was opened, which is the Book of Life." (Revelation 20:12)

"And they were judged, each one according to his works." (Revelation 20:13)

Of course salvation is by grace, position is by works.

Works count for nothing. The only thing that God acknowledges in the New Testament is faith.

The only works that God accepts is the work of Christ.

fishrovmen

Salvation is totally and completely outside of us.

I never said it wasn't. Why is it that you consistently make up stuff that no one ever told you?
You are right that I don't understand the "Gospel",because you are constantly using biblical words such as "Gospel" but you have your own definitions and ideas that are not compatible with the scriptures; that is why I ask a lot of questions that you never seem to answer.
The majority of your answers to anyone who challenges your bizarre, confusing, unorthodox made up doctrines is even more made up nonsensical opinions with no proven basis.
I have challenged you in the past to take a poll to see who actually agrees with your supposed "clear" teachings, but you refuse.
Gee, I wonder why?

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Works count for nothing.

Have you ever read Jesus' warnings to the seven churches?

Jesus warned the church at Ephesus, "I know your works, your labor, your patience, and that you cannot bear those who are evil. And you have tested those who say they are apostles and are not and have found them liars." (Revelation 2:2)

Robert Pate

Banned
I never said it wasn't. Why is it that you consistently make up stuff that no one ever told you?
You are right that I don't understand the "Gospel",because you are constantly using biblical words such as "Gospel" but you have your own definitions and ideas that are not compatible with the scriptures; that is why I ask a lot of questions that you never seem to answer.
The majority of your answers to anyone who challenges your bizarre, confusing, unorthodox made up doctrines is even more made up nonsensical opinions with no proven basis.
I have challenged you in the past to take a poll to see who actually agrees with your supposed "clear" teachings, but you refuse.
Gee, I wonder why?

"Few there be that find it" Matthew 7:14. You can't find it because you don't seek it.

I don't measure success by my popularity as some do. Only religious people do that.

Robert Pate

Banned
Have you ever read Jesus' warnings to the seven churches?

Jesus warned the church at Ephesus, "I know your works, your labor, your patience, and that you cannot bear those who are evil. And you have tested those who say they are apostles and are not and have found them liars." (Revelation 2:2)

All good works evolve from faith. "Without faith it is impossible to please him" Hebrews 11:6.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
You accused me of teaching otherwise.

Yes, I have pointed out several times that Paul's scenario in Romans 7:13-20 is illustrative.

It's an allegory with Romans 8.

And yet you keep quoting Romans 7 and applying it to Paul. Why?

Robert Pate

Banned
Yes, I have pointed out several times that Paul's scenario in Romans 7:13-20 is illustrative.

It's an allegory with Romans 8.

And yet you keep quoting Romans 7 and applying it to Paul. Why?

Paul wrote Romans 7 and applied it to himself. Romans 7 is about Paul's struggle with sin. All that are indwelt with the Holy Spirit will have this struggle with sin.

glorydaz

Paul wrote Romans 7 and applied it to himself. Romans 7 is about Paul's struggle with sin. All that are indwelt with the Holy Spirit will have this struggle with sin.

Paul was speaking as one under the law.

NOT

"I can do all things through Christ Jesus".

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER

"concerning the righteousness which is in the law, blameless." (Philippians 3:6)

You must be referring to a different Paul.

Robert Pate

Banned
"concerning the righteousness which is in the law, blameless." (Philippians 3:6)

You must be referring to a different Paul.

When Paul was a Pharisee he had the righteousness that is of man. He was blameless. But when he got saved and was indwelt by the Holy Spirit, he became aware of the fact that he was "The Chief of Sinners" 1 Timothy 1:15.

glorydaz

When Paul was a Pharisee he had the righteousness that is of man. He was blameless. But when he got saved and was indwelt by the Holy Spirit, he became aware of the fact that he was "The Chief of Sinners" 1 Timothy 1:15.

That does not mean Paul thought he was the worst sinner, but that he was the first (a pattern) for those who come after...believing unto eternal life.

1 Tim. 1:15-16 This is a faithful saying, and worthy of all acceptation, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners; of whom I am chief. 16 Howbeit for this cause I obtained mercy, that in me first Jesus Christ might shew forth all longsuffering, for a pattern to them which should hereafter believe on him to life everlasting.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER

When he was converted he realized he had persecuted God's people.

That doesn't mean he continued to do so after he realized he had been wrong.

"There is therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus, who do not walk according to the flesh, but according to the Spirit." (Romans 8:1)

And yet you continually condemn Paul as the chief sinner.

Robert Pate

Banned
When he was converted he realized he had persecuted God's people.

That doesn't mean he continued to do so after he realized he had been wrong.

"There is therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus, who do not walk according to the flesh, but according to the Spirit." (Romans 8:1)

And yet you continually condemn Paul as the chief sinner.

Paul is the one that referred to himself as "The Chief of Sinners" 1 Timothy 1:15.

Your problem is that you cannot figure out how one can be a sinner and still be saved. This is because you don't know nor do you understand the Gospel.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Paul is the one that referred to himself as "The Chief of Sinners" 1 Timothy 1:15.

A sinner is a person who transgresses the law.

Paul said the wages of sin is death.

The old Paul died and he became a new creation.

Paul taught that our old man was crucified with Him that the body of sin might be done away with that we should no longer be slaves of sin. For he who has died has been freed from sin.

You teach that Paul did not die to sin. That's bearing false witness.

Why do you continually accuse Paul of sin?

Robert Pate

Banned
A sinner is a person who transgresses the law.

Paul said the wages of sin is death.

The old Paul died and he became a new creation.

Paul taught that our old man was crucified with Him that the body of sin might be done away with that we should no longer be slaves of sin. For he who has died has been freed from sin.

You teach that Paul did not die to sin. That's bearing false witness.

Why do you continually accuse Paul of sin?

Paul is the one that referred to himself as the "Chief of Sinners" 1 Timothy 1:15.

Paul also said, "That in his flesh dwells no good thing" Romans 7:18.

Christians are called to live their lives before God as sinners, 1 John 1:8.

No one measures up to God's standards. We all come short of the glory of God, Romans 3:23.