Consequences of Unbelief or Incorrect Doctrine

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Paul is the one that referred to himself as the "Chief of Sinners" 1 Timothy 1:15.

Jesus became sin to die for the sins of humankind.

So you think Paul did better?

Did Paul sin more than all of mankind?

I suspect Paul murdered less than a million people.

Paul is not in the same league as Hitler and Stalin.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Paul also said, "That in his flesh dwells no good thing" Romans 7:18.

"But you are not in the flesh but in the Spirit, if indeed the Spirit of God dwells in you." (Romans 8:9)

Why do you believe Paul did not have God's Spirit?

Robert Pate

Banned
"If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness." (1 John 1:9)

As long as we are in these Adamic bodies we are sinners. We only have the first fruits or the down payment of the Holy Spirit. We are waiting to be delivered from the flesh. See Romans 8:22-27.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
As long as we are in these Adamic bodies we are sinners.

Sin is a debt. Those in debt are debtors.

When our debt is paid we are no longer a debtor.

Our big Brother picked up the tab and our sins are forgiven.

That means he has cleansed us from our unrighteous.

If a debt is forgiven it is no longer owed.

Jesus was in an Adamic body and he didn't sin.

We are begotten by the Father as Spirit.

The flesh counts for nothing, don't focus on it.

Robert Pate

Banned
Sin is a debt. Those in debt are debtors.

When our debt is paid we are no longer a debtor.

Our big Brother picked up the tab and our sins are forgiven.

That means he has cleansed us from our unrighteous.

If a debt is forgiven it is no longer owed.

Jesus was in an Adamic body and he didn't sin.

We are begotten by the Father as Spirit.

The flesh counts for nothing, don't focus on it.

Spiritually, we are perfect and complete "In Christ" Colossians 2:10.

Physically, we are the "chief of sinners". 1 Timothy 1:15.

If you are not able to distinguish between the two the Bible will not make sense.

glorydaz

If you are not able to distinguish between the two the Bible will not make sense.

But, Robert, how can we be the "chief of sinners" if Paul says he is? What does the word "chief" mean to you?

1 Timothy 1:15
15 This is a faithful saying, and worthy of all acceptation, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners; of whom I am chief.​

Tnkrbl123!

A sinner is a person who transgresses the law.

Paul said the wages of sin is death.

The old Paul died and he became a new creation.

Paul taught that our old man was crucified with Him that the body of sin might be done away with that we should no longer be slaves of sin. For he who has died has been freed from sin.

You teach that Paul did not die to sin. That's bearing false witness.

Why do you continually accuse Paul of sin?

I completely agree and would add that when you said the old Paul died and became a new creation that this is exactly the message that God was sending because before Paul was named Paul by God his name was Saul and Saul was the man who was zealous about pleasing God - and tried to please God by killing Christians (pretty messed up yes) but did not recognize that Jesus was God and when Jesus made Saul a new creation Jesus gave him the new name of Paul - a new name for a new man. :)

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER

Robert, you are not making sense.

Jesus bears our sins and we are clean.

That's as far as we can go.

Robert Pate

Banned
But, Robert, how can we be the "chief of sinners" if Paul says he is? What does the word "chief" mean to you?

1 Timothy 1:15
15 This is a faithful saying, and worthy of all acceptation, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners; of whom I am chief.​

You have become the Chief of all nit pickers.

Robert Pate

Banned
I completely agree and would add that when you said the old Paul died and became a new creation that this is exactly the message that God was sending because before Paul was named Paul by God his name was Saul and Saul was the man who was zealous about pleasing God - and tried to please God by killing Christians (pretty messed up yes) but did not recognize that Jesus was God and when Jesus made Saul a new creation Jesus gave him the new name of Paul - a new name for a new man. :)

That same Paul said, "In my flesh dwells no good thing" Romans 7:18.

glorydaz

You have become the Chief of all nit pickers.

I can't stop pointing out that you are misinterpreting that verse. It's sad to watch, because the message Paul is giving is so important. That he is the FIRST TO be saved under the Gospel of Grace the Risen Lord revealed to him. He is the FIRST for a pattern for those who would follow.

First (chief) and a pattern is NOT THE SAME as the "worst" of sinners as you are trying to portray him. You're bearing false witness against Paul. How can you not see the import of this text?

1 Timothy 1:14-16
14 And the grace of our Lord was exceeding abundant with faith and love which is in Christ Jesus. 15 This is a faithful saying, and worthy of all acceptation, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners; of whom I am chief. 16 Howbeit for this cause I obtained mercy, that in me first Jesus Christ might shew forth all longsuffering, for a pattern to them which should hereafter believe on him to life everlasting.

glorydaz

That same Paul said, "In my flesh dwells no good thing" Romans 7:18.

Oh, the same one who said he cannot do the good he wanted to do?

Romans 7:19 For the good that I would I do not: but the evil which I would not, that I do.​

Or the one who says, "I can do all things through Christ..." Philippians 4:13

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Righteousness and salvation is to our account. We don't have it yet.
Robert,

The judge can cause a prisoner to be righteous in the courtroom, "in the eyes of the court." People try to push the existential over the declarative, but that is prejudicial.

To make someone righteous has an end in view, or a final state. But the declaration often precedes that actual state in the body of the person. And that requires a different sort of basis for such a declaration than the actual being of the person.

The WORD of God creates its own reality. But from our experiential standpoint, it isn't always felt instantly.

Yes, we are made righteous... eventually, in our person. Through union, now, with Christ, we are "definitively sanctified." But that's a product of our union. We are righteous now because we are IN Christ, and HE is righteous right now. Ours is an alien righteousness, that of Another.

AMR

Robert Pate

Banned
"Little children, let no one deceive you. He who practices righteousness is righteous, just as He is righteous." (1 John 3:7)

Quit trying to deceive people. It's not working.

There are two kinds of righteousness.

The righteousness of man and the righteousness of God.

No one has the righteousness of God, simply because, "There is none righteous, no, not one" Romans 3:10.

Robert Pate

Banned
Robert,

The judge can cause a prisoner to be righteous in the courtroom, "in the eyes of the court." People try to push the existential over the declarative, but that is prejudicial.

To make someone righteous has an end in view, or a final state. But the declaration often precedes that actual state in the body of the person. And that requires a different sort of basis for such a declaration than the actual being of the person.

The WORD of God creates its own reality. But from our experiential standpoint, it isn't always felt instantly.

Yes, we are made righteous... eventually, in our person. Through union, now, with Christ, we are "definitively sanctified." But that's a product of our union. We are righteous now because we are IN Christ, and HE is righteous right now. Ours is an alien righteousness, that of Another.

AMR

We are NOT righteous now.

Paul said, Romans 8:19-27.

I don't know about you, but I am still groaning and waiting to be delivered from the flesh.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
There are two kinds of righteousness.

The righteousness of man and the righteousness of God.

No one has the righteousness of God, simply because, "There is none righteous, no, not one" Romans 3:10.

There are none righteous, no, not one without God's Spirit.

"Now if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, he is not His. And if Christ is in you the body is dead because of sin, but the Spirit is life because of righteousness." (Romans 8:9)

Robert Pate

Banned
There are none righteous, no, not one without God's Spirit.

"Now if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, he is not His. And if Christ is in you the body is dead because of sin, but the Spirit is life because of righteousness." (Romans 8:9)

True, but not yet. That is the spiritual aspect of the Christian life. The physical aspect is that, Romans 3:10.