Consequences of Unbelief or Incorrect Doctrine

Robert Pate

Banned
Another contradiction of yours to add to the long list.
You proclaim that God sees ALL THINGS in Christ as perfect and complete, yet He calls us to live as sinners?
Where do you see a calling to live as sinners in the scriptures?
2 Timothy 1:9

Do you think that you are righteous?

Paul said, "There is none righteous, no, not one" Romans 3:10. Because all have sinned and come short of the glory of God" Romans 3:23.

Robert Pate

Banned
Well if Christ's righteousness comes through faith (Romans 3:22, Philippians 3:9) and you say you don't have His righteousness yet, then that makes you a self proclaimed unbeliever.

The righteousness of Christ is to our account. We don't have it yet. It will become a reality when we are resurrected.

fishrovmen

Paul said, "There is none righteous, no, not one" Romans 3:10. Because all have sinned and come short of the glory of God" Romans 3:23.

Do you think that you are "perfect and complete" "in Christ" by your own righteousness?
I am righteous, being declared so by God through faith in Christ just as He told us through the writings of Paul.
If you don't have Christ's righteousness then you still are counting on your own to commend yourself to God.
I can now understand why you would prefer the god you made up, rather than the One who has revealed Himself as the One whose eyes are on the righteous and whose ears are open to their prayers.

glorydaz

Right now we are called to live our lives before God as sinners.

Is that why Paul refers to believers as saints? Ephesians 1:1

Seriously, Robert.... do you stop and consider what you're saying there? What of the new creatures...all things are new? We are more than conquerors..... ????????

Romans 8:33-37 Who shall lay any thing to the charge of God's elect? It is God that justifieth. 34 Who is he that condemneth? It is Christ that died, yea rather, that is risen again, who is even at the right hand of God, who also maketh intercession for us. 35 Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword? 36 As it is written, For thy sake we are killed all the day long; we are accounted as sheep for the slaughter. 37 Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us.

glorydaz

The righteousness of Christ is to our account. We don't have it yet. It will become a reality when we are resurrected.

Believe unto righteousness.....have attainted to righteousness.

Romans 10:10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

Romans 9:30 What shall we say then? That the Gentiles, which followed not after righteousness, have attained to righteousness, even the righteousness which is of faith.

glorydaz

Context is everything. None righteous is speaking of unbelievers. "None righteous" and in the same text, "God is in the generation of the righteous". :think:

Psalm 14:1-7
1 The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good. 2 The Lord looked down from heaven upon the children of men, to see if there were any that did understand, and seek God. 3 They are all gone aside, they are all together become filthy: there is none that doeth good, no, not one. 4 Have all the workers of iniquity no knowledge? who eat up my people as they eat bread, and call not upon the Lord. 5 There were they in great fear: for God is in the generation of the righteous. 6 Ye have shamed the counsel of the poor, because the Lord is his refuge. 7 Oh that the salvation of Israel were come out of Zion! when the Lord bringeth back the captivity of his people, Jacob shall rejoice, and Israel shall be glad.​

fishrovmen

You won't have the righteousness of Christ until you are resurrected.

The righteousness of Christ is to our account, but we don't have it yet.

Right now we are called to live our lives before God as sinners.

You need to read Romans chapter 6 slowly and carefully. You will find there that believers are dead to sin and alive to God. We are not slaves of lawlessness, but of righteousness
This should answer your ideas about living without laws and rules, God not seeing us and being called to live as sinners.
But most importantly by far, the first step is to believe on the Lord Jesus Christ that righteousness might be imputed to you. Romans 4:24

fishrovmen

Robert,
I think I know where your misunderstanding about righteousness is coming from.
In Galatians 5:5, Paul writes to the churches of Galatia "For we through the Spirit eagerly wait for the hope of righteousness by faith.
It would seem that Paul is saying that we are waiting to be declared righteous as we live in this world.
I believe that what Paul is saying here is that there were some in these churches who were led astray and sought by circumcision (the law) to be justified, possibly thinking that this would make them more approved by God. But Paul is explaining that righteousness comes by faith, not the law (Galatians 2:16,21).
In chapter 3, Paul shows how the Spirit is also received by faith, but we know from several scriptures that we only have a down payment of the Spirit.
So I believe that in Galatians 5:5, Paul is showing that we already have Christ's righteousness by faith, yet we long for the fulness and completion of not only His righteousness, but also the fulness of His Spirit, the redemption of our bodies, the fulness of glory etc. (Romans 8:18-25).
Since there are many scripture verses that show that righteousness is by faith, then when we come to faith, we must have Christ's righteousness immediately, else we are still counting on our own righteousness and likewise still in bondage to the law. There is no other option.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
However, when Jesus returns there will be a judgment of the whole world and everyone that has lived upon the earth. All wrongs will be made right and all rights will be rewarded. If you die outside of Christ you will be condemned.

God will impute sin to those that have died in their sins and he will impute the righteousness of Christ to those that have died in Christ.

How wrong can you get?

"For the Father judges no one, but has committed all judgment to the Son" (John 5:22)

If the Father judges no one why would he impute sin?

Will Christ judge the world at his return?

"He who rejects Me and does not receive My words has that which judges him — the word that I have spoken will judge him in the Last Day." (John 12:48)

So when is the Last Day?

"On the Last Day, that great day of the feast, Jesus stood and cried out, saying, 'If anyone thirsts, let him come to Me and drink.'" (John 7:37)

The Last Day is the primary time of salvation.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
You won't have the righteousness of Christ until you are resurrected.

"Little children, let no one deceive you. He who practices righteousness is righteous, just as He is righteous." (1 John 3:7)

Robert, are you trying to deceive people?

Robert Pate

Banned
You need to read Romans chapter 6 slowly and carefully. You will find there that believers are dead to sin and alive to God. We are not slaves of lawlessness, but of righteousness
This should answer your ideas about living without laws and rules, God not seeing us and being called to live as sinners.
But most importantly by far, the first step is to believe on the Lord Jesus Christ that righteousness might be imputed to you. Romans 4:24

What we know and believe does not change the fact that our righteousness falls short of the glory of God, Romans 3:23.

As long as we are on this earth in these Adamic bodies we are sinners. The salvation that God has provided for us has been accomplished totally and completely out side of us in the person of Jesus Christ.

Everything becomes a realty in the resurrection. In the mean time do the best that you can, Romans 8:22-26.

Robert Pate

Banned
"Little children, let no one deceive you. He who practices righteousness is righteous, just as He is righteous." (1 John 3:7)

Robert, are you trying to deceive people?

You may be one of the worst kinds of sinners. One that thinks that he has no sin, 1 John 1:8.

Robert Pate

Banned
How wrong can you get?

"For the Father judges no one, but has committed all judgment to the Son" (John 5:22)

If the Father judges no one why would he impute sin?

Will Christ judge the world at his return?

"He who rejects Me and does not receive My words has that which judges him — the word that I have spoken will judge him in the Last Day." (John 12:48)

So when is the Last Day?

"On the Last Day, that great day of the feast, Jesus stood and cried out, saying, 'If anyone thirsts, let him come to Me and drink.'" (John 7:37)

The Last Day is the primary time of salvation.

The last day is the Judgment. In the judgment you will either be found in Christ or you will be found in your sins and condemned.

Robert Pate

Banned
Robert,
I think I know where your misunderstanding about righteousness is coming from.
In Galatians 5:5, Paul writes to the churches of Galatia "For we through the Spirit eagerly wait for the hope of righteousness by faith.
It would seem that Paul is saying that we are waiting to be declared righteous as we live in this world.
I believe that what Paul is saying here is that there were some in these churches who were led astray and sought by circumcision (the law) to be justified, possibly thinking that this would make them more approved by God. But Paul is explaining that righteousness comes by faith, not the law (Galatians 2:16,21).
In chapter 3, Paul shows how the Spirit is also received by faith, but we know from several scriptures that we only have a down payment of the Spirit.
So I believe that in Galatians 5:5, Paul is showing that we already have Christ's righteousness by faith, yet we long for the fulness and completion of not only His righteousness, but also the fulness of His Spirit, the redemption of our bodies, the fulness of glory etc. (Romans 8:18-25).
Since there are many scripture verses that show that righteousness is by faith, then when we come to faith, we must have Christ's righteousness immediately, else we are still counting on our own righteousness and likewise still in bondage to the law. There is no other option.

The righteousness of Christ is to our account, we don't have it yet. What we have now is the righteousness of man, not the righteousness of Christ.

Paul confessed that he was a sinner, 1 Timothy 1:15 also Romans 7:13-25.

fishrovmen

What we have now is the righteousness of man, not the righteousness of Christ.
No, not WE, but YOU. I and all other believers have the righteousness of Christ through faith in Him, not "mans righteousness" that "does the best that it can" to commend itself to God.
Paul doesn't beseech believers to live your best life now as sinners before God, but rather by the mercies of God to present their bodies a living sacrifice to God, holy and acceptable, not profane and unacceptable (Romans 12:1-2).

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
The last day is the Judgment. In the judgment you will either be found in Christ or you will be found in your sins and condemned.

That's the exact opposite of what Jesus said.

"And I saw the dead, small and great, standing before God, and books were opened. And another book was opened, which is the Book of Life." (Revelation 20:12)

"And they were judged, each one according to his works." (Revelation 20:13)

Of course salvation is by grace, position is by works.

fishrovmen

What we know and believe does not change the fact that our righteousness falls short of the glory of God, Romans 3:23.

As long as we are on this earth in these Adamic bodies we are sinners.

No Robert, we are not "sinners", believers are dead to sin just as Glorydaz tried to explain.
You claim that God can't see us (so we are dead to God) and that we are sinners (alive to sin) but Romans 6 says the exact opposite!
Read the chapter slower, study the words, think about it.

fishrovmen

Paul confessed that he was a sinner, 1 Timothy 1:15 also Romans 7:13-25.

Yes, Paul was the principal, the first in a pattern of God's patience and mercy to show how Christ came into the world to save the self righteous, the boasters in their law keeping and heritage and knowledge, the church persecutors, the zealous in ignorance. You can read all about it in Galatians chapters 1 and 2.
BUT,you need to do what he did and believe on the Lord Jesus Christ that you too might be justified by faith and not by the works of the law (Galatians 2:15-16)

Robert Pate

Banned
Yes, Paul was the principal, the first in a pattern of God's patience and mercy to show how Christ came into the world to save the self righteous, the boasters in their law keeping and heritage and knowledge, the church persecutors, the zealous in ignorance. You can read all about it in Galatians chapters 1 and 2.
BUT,you need to do what he did and believe on the Lord Jesus Christ that you too might be justified by faith and not by the works of the law (Galatians 2:15-16)

Because you don't understand the Gospel and justification by faith you don't have the truth.

Salvation is totally and completely outside of us. This is how God justifies the ungodly, Romans 4:5. All that Jesus is and all that Jesus did was for our justification and our salvation, We are complete only in him, Colossians 2:10.

You need to scrap your religion and trust in Christ alone.