• Total voters

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
One Mouse Click Away from Actual Dialog

One Mouse Click Away from Actual Dialog

You couldn't just copy and paste your post here for me to read? Or how about just quote your post?
Or, how about this radical idea:

1. Move your mouse to this word --> here <-- and click it.
2. Begin reading.
3. Click "Reply with Quote" button and type whatever you have to say.
4. Click "Post with Reply" button.
5. Magically your response and my post will appear somewhere immediately below this post you are reading at this very moment.

Imagine that! ;)

AMR

Ask Mr. Religion

&#9758;&#9758;&#9758;&#9758;Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Browsers and Tabs

Browsers and Tabs

Find that funny, do ya?

Okay, what do you mean by "tab" and "browser"?
:rotfl:

I will be here all week.

browser - the software application you are using to read this post. e.g., Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, Opera, Apple Safari.

tab - a graphical object resembling a tab, as on a manilla file folder, located at the top of your browser. There is one tab for each new web page that you may have opened.

Below is an example of a browser with three open tabs (click the image to enlarge):

View attachment 25489

Right-click on one of the tabs in your browser to see a menu of all the possibilities for manipulating these tabs.

For example, when I respond to a post in a thread, I always right click the reply buttons and select "open in a new tab" option so as to not lose my place in the thread I am reviewing. This does not apply if I am responding to one of the last posts in a thread, of course.

AMR

glorydaz

2. Begin reading.
5. Magically your response and my post will appear somewhere immediately below this post you are reading at this very moment.

Imagine that! ;)

AMR

I think she is afraid to click on that blue "here". But I trust you, and I did it, and lo and behold I was able to read your post. I wish she'd try it....but, alas, it takes a small step of faith. :sigh:

glorydaz

:rotfl:

I will be here all week.

browser - the software application you are using to read this post. e.g., Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, Opera, Apple Safari.

tab - a graphical object resembling a tab, as on a manilla file folder, located at the top of your browser. There is one tab for each new web page that you may have opened.

Below is an example of a browser with three open tabs (click the image to enlarge):

View attachment 25489

Right-click on one of the tabs in your browser to see a menu of all the possibilities for manipulating these tabs.

For example, when I respond to a post in a thread, I always right click the reply buttons and select "open in a new tab" option so as to not lose my place in the thread I am reviewing.

AMR

Okay, I found all those things, but when I clicked on the tab....nothing. I'm going to keep practicing, though. ;)

Ask Mr. Religion

Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Verify Suspected Linked Text By Hovering Over the Linked Item

Verify Suspected Linked Text By Hovering Over the Linked Item

I think she is afraid to click on that blue "here". But I trust you, and I did it, and lo and behold I was able to read your post. I wish she'd try it....but, alas, it takes a small step of faith. :sigh:
I get that. a person can always hover their mouse over a link and at the bottom of their browser a small popup appears showing exactly where that link is actually pointing. So hovering over the word "Here" in my previous post would show that it is a hyperlink to some content here at TOL and not somewhere other than TOL. Persons should always do this with suspicious links in their email, for example as it is easy to redirect a person to a web site with malware.

For example, the link below seems to be referring to a post here at TOL by just looking at the plain text:

Bob's Response in this thread to Sharon on the Atonement

But, if you hover your mouse pointer over the linked text, you will see in the popup at the bottom left of the page that this text disguises the fact that the actual link is pointing to Google.com. This technique is done quite often in email messages that look like they are coming from legitimate sites, like a bank, but when the person blindly clicks the linked text item they end up at some malware site or worse.

Bottom line, hover over linked text to make sure it is going somewhere that you expect it to be going. Only when you are confident the link is pointing to a site you trust should you then click the linked text.

AMR

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Let me offer rebuttal. You won't agree, but just for a moment's consideration:

Old Covenant. You know this. Israel as a people, were not faithful. Hosea is a counter view of God's toward His faithless people.

Others will answer this differently, but notice it is His disciples He is talking to:

Note this and the next chapter are talking about the tribulation of the disciples, which they all shared in. For me, as a partial preterist, I believe this already took place and was specific, not just to the 12, but all who were His disciples, including the time of His death burial and Resurrection as well as the acts of the apostles. I do believe in dual prophecy fulfillment, but I believe the warning signs were in direct response to a disciples question about what was going to happen and how they should weather the tribulation they were about to face.

In John, Peter had gone fishing. Jesus asked him 3 times 'if' he loved Him. Answer: "Feed my sheep" just like here. Luke 12 is especially about immediate tribulation of the crucifixion and persecution of the disciples. Future fulfillment? Possible but not with the same warnings. It is clear in Luke, by example, the warning fits exactly with the Apostles (imho).

I don't believe any of this was about loss of salvation. Even at the end of Matthew 24:45-51, it seems to me, it is one servant (Judas, who was in charge of all possessions).

For your reflection from a partial preterist (thus it is but one way and I think a good way, this reconciles). I may be wrong but think it looks right. -Lon

Do not try to water down the words of Jesus.

LA

Ask Mr. Religion

Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Okay, I found all those things, but when I clicked on the tab....nothing. I'm going to keep practicing, though. ;)
Do not click on the tab. Instead right-click on the tab. That is, move your mouse pointer to a tab, then press the right button on your mouse to see browser menu items to manipulate the tabs in your browser.

AMR

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Here it is again Lon.

Read the Song of Solomon.

One must be faithful until the Master returns, so says the NT-

Mat 24:42 Watch therefore: for ye know not what hour your Lord doth come.
Mat 24:43 But know this, that if the goodman of the house had known in what watch the thief would come, he would have watched, and would not have suffered his house to be broken up.
Mat 24:44 Therefore be ye also ready: for in such an hour as ye think not the Son of man cometh.
Mat 24:45 Who then is a faithful and wise servant, whom his lord hath made ruler over his household, to give them meat in due season?
Mat 24:46 Blessed is that servant, whom his lord when he cometh shall find so doing.
Mat 24:47 Verily I say unto you, That he shall make him ruler over all his goods.
Mat 24:48 But and if that evil servant shall say in his heart, My lord delayeth his coming;
Mat 24:49 And shall begin to smite his fellowservants, and to eat and drink with the drunken;
Mat 24:50 The lord of that servant shall come in a day when he looketh not for him, and in an hour that he is not aware of,
Mat 24:51 And shall cut him asunder, and appoint him his portion with the hypocrites: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

Luk 12:36 And ye yourselves like unto men that wait for their lord, when he will return from the wedding; that when he cometh and knocketh, they may open unto him immediately.
Luk 12:37 Blessed are those servants, whom the lord when he cometh shall find watching: verily I say unto you, that he shall gird himself, and make them to sit down to meat, and will come forth and serve them.
Luk 12:38 And if he shall come in the second watch, or come in the third watch, and find them so, blessed are those servants.
Luk 12:39 And this know, that if the goodman of the house had known what hour the thief would come, he would have watched, and not have suffered his house to be broken through.
Luk 12:40 Be ye therefore ready also: for the Son of man cometh at an hour when ye think not.
Luk 12:41 Then Peter said unto him, Lord, speakest thou this parable unto us, or even to all?
Luk 12:42 And the Lord said, Who then is that faithful and wise steward, whom his lord shall make ruler over his household, to give them their portion of meat in due season?
Luk 12:43 Blessed is that servant, whom his lord when he cometh shall find so doing.
Luk 12:44 Of a truth I say unto you, that he will make him ruler over all that he hath.
Luk 12:45 But and if that servant say in his heart, My lord delayeth his coming; and shall begin to beat the menservants and maidens, and to eat and drink, and to be drunken;
Luk 12:46 The lord of that servant will come in a day when he looketh not for him, and at an hour when he is not aware, and will cut him in sunder, and will appoint him his portion with the unbelievers.
Luk 12:47 And that servant, which knew his lord's will, and prepared not himself, neither did according to his will, shall be beaten with many stripes.
Luk 12:48 But he that knew not, and did commit things worthy of stripes, shall be beaten with few stripes. For unto whomsoever much is given, of him shall be much required: and to whom men have committed much, of him they will ask the more.

LA

meshak

BANNED
Banned
That's it? :think: Give it the read it is due. I think you need to know the view, whether it comes from me or not, especially in relation to end times. This is the preterist or partial-preterist take and it has merit because facts fit. Read and see. -Lon

Lon, please consider what your enemies have being saying to you.

Your enemy's point is Jesus' teachings to practice which is the theme of Christianity.

musterion

That's it? :think: Give it the read it is due. I think you need to know the view, whether it comes from me or not, especially in relation to end times. This is the preterist or partial-preterist take and it has merit because facts fit. Read and see. -Lon

Lon, with all respect...forget it. The people who are Meshak have zero interest in listening to ANYBODY about ANYTHING. They are here for one reason -- to preach (as the Meshak Inc. call it, "share"). It's a brick wall but it's your forehead.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Lon, with all respect...forget it. The people who are Meshak have zero interest in listening to ANYBODY about ANYTHING. They are here for one reason -- to preach (as the Meshak Inc. call it, "share"). It's a brick wall but it's your forehead.

Musty,

Your beef has been practiced in most churches.

Jesus' teachings are not paid attention that's what I am focusing on.

Jesus' whole messages needs to be told to the world.

Half message of gospel is mocking God.

Love the Lord your God with all your heart, soul, strength and mind. You guys are dismissing whole message of the gospel.

TulipBee

BANNED
Banned
I think you misread me and shouldn't be telling me how to be. You did thank someone who did nothing more than insult me. Looks like you found a way to bond with your enemy. As for my giving a broken link, I did that on purpose. I am into teaching things from the Lord and not too into making my posts look good in any other way.
Your posts looks TERRIBLE !

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Musty,

Your beef has been practiced in most churches.

Jesus' teachings are not paid attention that's what I am focusing on.

Jesus' whole messages needs to be told to the world.

Half message of gospel is mocking God.

Love the Lord your God with all your heart, soul, strength and mind. You guys are dismissing whole message of the gospel.

Too bad you have no idea what you're talking about. :chuckle:

God's Truth

2. Begin reading.

Imagine that! ;)

AMR

How about YOU comment on other people's posts about losing salvation?

Why is it that you post something about losing salvation and you not post on what other people say about this topic?

Post on what I said and not on other people putting me down.