• Not Sure

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
John 8:36

You are a Liar, like your daddy.

You would have the saved be in fear of not being saved!

No, God warns men who are so confident that they are saved, that if they should continue to sin then their confidence is ill founded and only in themselves.

You just called me a son of satan and a liar on the other thread too, so Christs warnings apply to you.

Rom 11:20 Well; because of unbelief they were broken off, and thou standest by faith. Be not highminded, but fear:

Rom 11:21 For if God spared not the natural branches, take heed lest he also spare not thee.

Jud 1:4 For there are certain men crept in unawares, who were before of old ordained to this condemnation, ungodly men, turning the grace of our God into lasciviousness, and denying the only Lord God, and our Lord Jesus Christ.
Jud 1:5 I will therefore put you in remembrance, though ye once knew this, how that the Lord, having saved the people out of the land of Egypt, afterward destroyed them that believed not.

1Co 10:1 Moreover, brethren, I would not that ye should be ignorant, how that all our fathers were under the cloud, and all passed through the sea;
1Co 10:2 And were all baptized unto Moses in the cloud and in the sea;
1Co 10:3 And did all eat the same spiritual meat;
1Co 10:4 And did all drink the same spiritual drink: for they drank of that spiritual Rock that followed them: and that Rock was Christ.
1Co 10:5 But with many of them God was not well pleased: for they were overthrown in the wilderness.
1Co 10:6 Now these things were our examples, to the intent we should not lust after evil things, as they also lusted.
1Co 10:7 Neither be ye idolaters, as were some of them; as it is written, The people sat down to eat and drink, and rose up to play.
1Co 10:8 Neither let us commit fornication, as some of them committed, and fell in one day three and twenty thousand.
1Co 10:9 Neither let us tempt Christ, as some of them also tempted, and were destroyed of serpents.
1Co 10:10 Neither murmur ye, as some of them also murmured, and were destroyed of the destroyer.
1Co 10:11 Now all these things happened unto them for ensamples: and they are written for our admonition, upon whom the ends of the world are come.

2Pe 1:5 And beside this, giving all diligence, add to your faith virtue; and to virtue knowledge;
2Pe 1:6 And to knowledge temperance; and to temperance patience; and to patience godliness;
2Pe 1:7 And to godliness brotherly kindness; and to brotherly kindness charity.
2Pe 1:8 For if these things be in you, and abound, they make you that ye shall neither be barren nor unfruitful in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ.
2Pe 1:9 But he that lacketh these things is blind, and cannot see afar off, and hath forgotten that he was purged from his old sins.
2Pe 1:10 Wherefore the rather, brethren, give diligence to make your calling and election sure: for if ye do these things, ye shall never fall:

LA

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
No, God warns men who are so confident that they are saved, that if they should continue to sin then their confidence is ill founded and only in themselves.

You just called me a son of satan and a liar on the other thread too, so Christs warnings apply to you.

Rom 11:20 Well; because of unbelief they were broken off, and thou standest by faith. Be not highminded, but fear:

Rom 11:21 For if God spared not the natural branches, take heed lest he also spare not thee.

Jud 1:4 For there are certain men crept in unawares, who were before of old ordained to this condemnation, ungodly men, turning the grace of our God into lasciviousness, and denying the only Lord God, and our Lord Jesus Christ.
Jud 1:5 I will therefore put you in remembrance, though ye once knew this, how that the Lord, having saved the people out of the land of Egypt, afterward destroyed them that believed not.

1Co 10:1 Moreover, brethren, I would not that ye should be ignorant, how that all our fathers were under the cloud, and all passed through the sea;
1Co 10:2 And were all baptized unto Moses in the cloud and in the sea;
1Co 10:3 And did all eat the same spiritual meat;
1Co 10:4 And did all drink the same spiritual drink: for they drank of that spiritual Rock that followed them: and that Rock was Christ.
1Co 10:5 But with many of them God was not well pleased: for they were overthrown in the wilderness.
1Co 10:6 Now these things were our examples, to the intent we should not lust after evil things, as they also lusted.
1Co 10:7 Neither be ye idolaters, as were some of them; as it is written, The people sat down to eat and drink, and rose up to play.
1Co 10:8 Neither let us commit fornication, as some of them committed, and fell in one day three and twenty thousand.
1Co 10:9 Neither let us tempt Christ, as some of them also tempted, and were destroyed of serpents.
1Co 10:10 Neither murmur ye, as some of them also murmured, and were destroyed of the destroyer.
1Co 10:11 Now all these things happened unto them for ensamples: and they are written for our admonition, upon whom the ends of the world are come.

2Pe 1:5 And beside this, giving all diligence, add to your faith virtue; and to virtue knowledge;
2Pe 1:6 And to knowledge temperance; and to temperance patience; and to patience godliness;
2Pe 1:7 And to godliness brotherly kindness; and to brotherly kindness charity.
2Pe 1:8 For if these things be in you, and abound, they make you that ye shall neither be barren nor unfruitful in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ.
2Pe 1:9 But he that lacketh these things is blind, and cannot see afar off, and hath forgotten that he was purged from his old sins.
2Pe 1:10 Wherefore the rather, brethren, give diligence to make your calling and election sure: for if ye do these things, ye shall never fall:

LA

Oddly, you are condemning yourself to shadows. You remember me telling you, you are the usurper here? You should pay attention.

Yout opinion means nothing compared with the words of the Bible.

LA

Lon

Yout opinion means nothing compared with the words of the Bible.

LA
As you understand it and you are tethered to 'it.' I actually know the difference between essential doctrine and nonessential. You? I think you OFTEN mix them up. The JW's offered an 'end times' seminar in my area. So did the SDA. They are appealing to somebody, but Jesus sent out the gospel. Salvation and a relationship with "our Great God and Savior" is of paramount need.

I call it "majoring on minors, minoring on majors." -Lon

Shasta

What is a "Gift"? How much does it cost its' recipient?

(Eph. 2:8f, John 6:29; 63)

Ephesians 2:8–9
8 For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, 9 not of works, lest anyone should boast

Though salvation is free, it is not without condition. We can say "all we have to do is just believe" but saving faith (as opposed to mental belief) is inseparable from love and obedience (John 14:23, Galatians 5:6,Romans 16:26). Let's look at the gift of the Holy Spirit who was promised to those who would partake of the New Covenant (Ezekiel 36:27). When the people heard and believed the gospel the Spirit filled them. Now the Spirit is a priceless gift that cannot be earned only received when we believe yet this verse speaks as though faith and obedience were one and the same thing (Acts 5:31-32)

32 We are witnesses of these things, and so is the Holy Spirit, whom God has given to those who obey Him.”

We cannot pay for the gift of salvation, that is, we cannot give anything of equal worth in exchange for it. However, God does require certain things of us. For instance, we are expected to remain faithful to him continuing to walk in the same faith that first saved us(Colossians 2:6).

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned
Ephesians 2:8–9
8 For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, 9 not of works, lest anyone should boast

Though salvation is free, it is not without condition. We can say "all we have to do is just believe" but saving faith (as opposed to mental belief) is inseparable from love and obedience (John 14:23, Galatians 5:6,Romans 16:26). Let's look at the gift of the Holy Spirit who was promised to those who would partake of the New Covenant (Ezekiel 26:27). When the people heard and believed the gospel the Spirit filled them. Now the Spirit is a priceless gift that cannot be earned only received when we believe yet this verse speaks as though faith and obedience were one and the same thing (Acts 5:31-32)

32 We are witnesses of these things, and so is the Holy Spirit, whom God has given to those who obey Him.”

We cannot pay for the gift of salvation, that is, we cannot give anything of equal worth in exchange for it. However, God does require certain things of us. For instance, we are expected to remain faithful to him continuing to walk in the same faith that first saved us(Colossians 2:6).

You have an enormous skill with words and you could give me a run for my "money". I agree with your post... up until the red. This is where you have been falsely indoctrinated. You have seen me around and know that I don't tap dance. You also know that I can be 100,000 times more scathing.

I'm a nobody. I speak from the stance of utter dependency on Him and His work alone. Without Him... I am damned. I have nothing He needs and my obedience is utterly worthless. I speak out of Love and sincerity! Please look at the Christ deniers
on this site and note that they never simply deny that He is TriUne... they go the extra step and lie that salvation has strings.

Shasta... this is my last post for a bit. Please hear me, before the wicked empty the cross of its power through you.

Do you Glory God or Self? Do you boast in Him or you?

Please read my signature scripture below... especially the part that says it depends on HIM!

All Grace and Christian Love,

EE

Last edited:
Reactions: Lon

Shasta

I said
A person must be saved to get their name written in the book of life. And if anyone adds to the Word, like adding trinity. Or if anyone takes away from the Word like calling Jesus God.
Their name will be taken OUT of the book of life.

Rev 22:18-19
18 For I testify to everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this book: If anyone adds to these things, God will add to him the plagues that are written in this book;
19 and if anyone takes away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part from the Book of Life, from the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.
(NKJ)

Adding to the word - you mean like when you said a person's guardian angel reveals the truth to him?

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned
I said
A person must be saved to get their name written in the book of life. And if anyone adds to the Word, like adding trinity. Or if anyone takes away from the Word like calling Jesus God.
Their name will be taken OUT of the book of life.

Rev 22:18-19
18 For I testify to everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this book: If anyone adds to these things, God will add to him the plagues that are written in this book;
19 and if anyone takes away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part from the Book of Life, from the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.
(NKJ)

Squeaky...

"You've Said"...

A lot of dumb stuff, but to deny the obvious that you just denied is the dumbest thing you've ever said.

Jesus is the WORD (John 5:39f) ... John 1:1... and the Word became flesh!

Father- Is. 45:5 and Is. 43:11
Son- Luke 2:11; John 1:1; 1:14 and... again John 5:39
Holy Spirit- Rm. 8:9; Php. 1:19; Eph. 1:13

Seriously?

Do you even read the B-I-B-L-E ?!?

Last edited:

Shasta

You have an enormous skill with words and you could give me a run for my "money". I agree with your post... up until the red. This is where you have been falsely indoctrinated. You have seen me around and know that I don't tap dance. You also know that I can be 100,000 times more scathing.

I'm a nobody. I speak from the stance of utter dependency on Him and His work alone. Without Him... I am damned. I have nothing He needs and my obedience is utterly worthless. I speak out of Love and sincerity! Please look at the Christ denials on this site and note that they never simply deny that He is TriUne... they go the extra step and lie that salvation has strings.

Shasta... this is my last post for a bit. Please here me, before the wicked empty the cross of its power through you.

Do you Glory God or Self? Do you boast in Him or you?

Please read my signature scripture below... especially the part that says it depends on HIM!

All Grace and Christian Love,

EE

To me faith is not about my being strong. It is about knowing I am weak. Having faith means depending upon Christ and not trusting in myself.

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned
Adding to the word - you mean like when you said a person's guardian angel reveals the truth to him?

You just rebuked a deceiver! Please... talk to [MENTION=3698]Tambora[/MENTION] , [MENTION=15685]musterion[/MENTION] , [MENTION=6696]Lon[/MENTION] , [MENTION=12870]steko[/MENTION], [MENTION=13987]Angel4Truth[/MENTION], [MENTION=13925]Grosnick Marowbe[/MENTION] , [MENTION=7209]Ask Mr. Religion[/MENTION] , [MENTION=7053]SaulToPaul[/MENTION] , [MENTION=4465]Bright Raven[/MENTION] , [MENTION=6141]Nick M[/MENTION]. , [MENTION=1851]john w[/MENTION], [MENTION=10]Jerry Shugart[/MENTION]... @the list is so long it is impossible to type all these lights for Christ ... about Works vs. Faith.

I implore you!

All Christian Love, Sincerity and Grace...

[MENTION=18375]Evil.Eye.<(I)>[/MENTION]

There are many here that can sharpen your iron...

Last edited:

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned

I said
I never said that. I said your guardian angel speaks carnally and agrees with the Holy Spirit that only quotes verses. The Holy Spirit is truth. The Word of God is truth.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Squeaky...

"You've Said"...

A lot of dumb stuff, but to deny the obvious that you just denies is the dumbest thing you've ever said.

Jesus is the WORD (John 5:39f) ... John 1:1... and the Word became flesh!

Father- Is. 45:5 and Is. 43:11
Son- John 1:1; 1:14 and... again John 5:39
Holy Spirit- Rm. 8:9; Php. 1:19; Eph. 1:13

Seriously?

Do you even read the B-I-B-L-E ?!?

I said
lol Well you have the right to believe anything you want. Even if it is wrong.

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned
To me faith is not about my being strong. It is about knowing I am weak. Having faith means depending upon Christ and not trusting in myself.

This is Salvation!!! Don't let the demons that lurk here or outside of here make that free gift cost a thing! They want you to preach an ounce of works and fear an ounce of failure...

Walk Tall IN Him and Boast in your weakness to GLORY the only ONE that IS TriUNE and "Good"! (Php. 2:8f, 9)

All Grace from Christ to you. (John 6:29, 63) add one drop of works and you are His adversary... emptying His Work of its power.

- EE

Last edited:

Shasta

I said
I never said that. I said your guardian angel speaks carnally and agrees with the Holy Spirit that only quotes verses. The Holy Spirit is truth. The Word of God is truth.

There are no "verses" that support this. So the Holy Spirit could not have been shown you this in the word. Therefore it is extra-Biblical personal revelation.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned

I said
That is correct.

2 Cor 12:8-10
8 Concerning this thing I pleaded with the Lord three times that it might depart from me.
9 And He said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness." Therefore most gladly I will rather boast in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.
10 Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in needs, in persecutions, in distresses, for Christ's sake. For when I am weak, then I am strong.
(NKJ)

Phil 3:3
3 For we are the circumcision, who worship God in the Spirit, rejoice in Christ Jesus, and have no confidence in the flesh,
(NKJ)