ECT As many people doubt the scripture regarding speaking in tongues:

musterion

Well, maybe you should reread your post:

So either you are stupid and careless or you are a liar, or what?

You don't understand your own posts?

None of the above. I said you're pentecostal, not that you are a Pentecostal. Not my fault you can't see the difference.

oatmeal

i admit, i was "conditioned" to not openly question or doubt "tongues", i haven't, mostly out of politeness, respect, reverence etc. and i do not say it's impossible. i don't have family or friends, that can or will discuss these things. i know it's hard to walk up to strangers and talk in detail about Jesus Christ, or any Bible subject for that matter. and many self-proclaimed Christians "already know" everything. i could have searched this out years ago, should have. MAD is helping me see the whole Truth and they don't get paid, they don't have a church in every neighborhood, (although they should); just the Truth - for free - :patrol:

Since speaking in tongues was real in the first century and God hasn't changed, there is no reason to conclude that it ceased.

The nine manifestations gave the believers great power, power that is desperately needed today if we are to be powerful witnesses of the lord Jesus Christ.

God says it is available, the naysayers choose not to believe.

The great apostle Paul had the following to say about speaking in tongues. I Corinthians 14:18.

Who on this website or anywhere in the world has attained to the spiritual level that Paul did?

musterion

Since speaking in tongues was real in the first century and God hasn't changed, there is no reason to conclude that it ceased.

Exactly why I rightly described you as pentecostal.

Your apology is accepted.

john w

Hall of Fame
Since you seem to be promoting a lot of stuff, why aren't you doing it?

The LORD God had a specific purpose for the "power from on high," miracles, wonders, raising the dead..... You, in deceit, "argue" that they apply for all times.

That purpose does not apply to me, or any other member of the body of Christ today, in this dispensation. I recognize that, because I recognize the purpose for which they were given, and for whom/to whom, and "get" the difference between the prophetic program, that has, as its center/focus, the nation Israel, a "sign people," primarily, and the mystery program, that has, as its center/focus, the body of Christ, where signs...................are not applicable.

So, shuck your translators, make the blind see, raise the dead, drink a few "Jim Jones Kool Aid"'s, pick up a few anaconda's, display "the word of knowledge," or be exposed, again, for the fruitcake, "Back to Pentecost" fraud that we all know.

Dig it?

Good.

john w

Hall of Fame
Since speaking in tongues was real in the first century and God hasn't changed, there is no reason to conclude that it ceased

Deception, with the old reliable "God hasn't changed" stumper. That scriptural passage is referring to His attributes, not that He deals with all people, at all times, in the same manner.

DAN P

Yes-Benny Hinn/Hill, when he goes on those scam "Miracle Crusades" in Russia, calls for translators, needs glasses.

Tongues....make the blind see.......

"Charismatics" today-scammers/con artists...........every last one of them.

Hi and watching Jimmy Swaggert , said one so-called word and they call that TONGUES , and did not help anyone !!rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

They like there EARS TICKLED !!

dan p

musterion

If "God hasn't changed," why is He not still opening the ground beneath the feet of blasphemous heathens and smiting the world's various metropolises of sodomy with plagues and fire?

I mean...if "He hasn't changed,"...

oatmeal

None of the above. I said you're pentecostal, not that you are a Pentecostal. Not my fault you can't see the difference.

Oh, well excuse me.

Have you replied to the OP and defined from scripture the word "pentecostal" or if you prefer, "Pentecostal"?

oatmeal

You have the right to address me? Save it-it's a rhetorical q.

Yes, I do.

As an ambassador for Christ with my God given ministry of reconciliation, I have the God given right to minister to you the word of reconciliation.

If you are simply interested in mocking God and His commandments, you are clearly in need of reconciliation.

Clearly, I am here at the right place at the right time.

Acts 1:8 Acts 2:4 I Corinthians 14:5

musterion

Oh, well excuse me.

Apology graciously accepted.
king-dictator.gif

Have you replied to the OP and defined from scripture the word "pentecostal" or if you prefer, "Pentecostal"?
Why? I thought everyone agreed on a general definition of it, insofar as it has come to be used in the last 100 years or so. Unless you have some new and revolutionary definition to share, what would be the point?

oatmeal

Apology graciously accepted.

Why? I thought everyone agreed on a general definition of it, insofar as it has come to be used in the last 100 years or so. Unless you have some new and revolutionary definition to share, what would be the point?

If you wish to continue to mock Pentecostals or pentecostals, it would be worthwhile to know who you think they are, or rather how scripture defines it.

Why do you choose to doubt scripture?

musterion

If you wish to continue to mock Pentecostals or pentecostals, it would be worthwhile to know who you think they are, or rather how scripture defines it.

Because God isn't a fool but pentecostals and charismatics (no real difference there) make Him look like a fool by claiming sign gifts from Him that obviously none of them possess.
Why do you choose to doubt scripture?

Non sequitur.

oatmeal

Because God isn't a fool but pentecostals and charismatics (no real difference there) make Him look like a fool by claiming sign gifts from Him that obviously none of them possess.

Non sequitur.

So you do not believe speaking in tongues is genuine? or do you have some other objection to those who do speak in tongues?

God's word clearly spends time and effort on the subject of speaking in tongues. It is there. Why do you doubt the veracity of it?

Fear of the unknown is most likely.

Love for God and knowledge cures fear.

john w

Hall of Fame
Yes, I do.

As an ambassador for Christ with my God given ministry of reconciliation, I have the God given right to minister to you the word of reconciliation.

If you are simply interested in mocking God and His commandments, you are clearly in need of reconciliation.

Clearly, I am here at the right place at the right time.

Acts 1:8 Acts 2:4 I Corinthians 14:5

Nope. You have to be a member of the body of Christ, to address me. I'm the director here-you are the dancer.

Be seated.

Levolor

1 Corinthians 12:8 KJV john w has these gifts - :patrol:

For the gifts and calling of God are without repentance. Romans 11:29

Meaning, of course you already know, that God doesn't take them back.

Yet, God's gifts without His fruit, well.... that would be walking in the flesh rather than the Spirit wouldn't it?

Galatians 5:14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21

Polluted gifts. That's like Satan telling a little bit of truth with a whole lot of lies.

While I am at it this so called saint's knowledge is nothing: for he has not love. Proof, someone may ask? From St. Paul himself:

And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. 1 Corinthians 13:2

What does Godly love look like?

4 Love suffers long and is kind; love does not envy; love does not parade itself, is not puffed up; 5 does not behave rudely, does not seek its own, is not provoked, thinks no evil; 6 does not rejoice in iniquity, but rejoices in the truth; 7 bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.

The above which is underlined is not done. The bold, however, is done by this so called saint.

8 Love never fails. But whether there are prophecies, they will fail; whether there are tongues, they will cease; whether there is knowledge, it will vanish away. 9 For we know in part and we prophesy in part. 1 Corinthians 13:4-7

We know that we all have knowledge. Knowledge puffs up, but love edifies. 1 Corinthians 8:1

So much for knowledge.

And, if anyone thinks that he knows anything, he knows nothing yet as he ought to know". 1 Corinthians 8:2

This so called saint, so called by others and by himself, you have mentioned does not know, yet.

oatmeal

Nope. You have to be a member of the body of Christ, to address me. I'm the director here-you are the dancer.

Be seated.

It may surprise you to know that Jesus Christ, not you, is the head of the body.

Jesus Christ is lord, not you.

When you learn that then your life will take on a whole new meaning.

In the meantime, you should pick up a copy of VP Wierwille's book, "receving the holy spirit today".

You will find that God does not condone all the obscene behaviors that some people do while speaking tongues.

And since it is clear that God points out the error, He also teaches how to do it right.

It is very helpful to know what scripture teaches about speaking in tongues to be able to believe to do it as instructed by God.

God does not condone the foolishness, the abuse and misuse of the manifestations. The youtube videos are not what speaking in tongues is all about.