You're a cop and you should shoot a fleeing suspect when he has your...........

You're a cop and you should shoot a fleeing suspect when he has your...........

• Total voters

fool

Hall of Fame
Don't answer until I've posted the poll
Don't do it.
Or I'll have to start a new poll about what to do to people who answer poll threads before the poll is posted and that will not be pretty.

Edit;
Poll is up, vote away, your votes are public, vote for as many as you want.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Don't answer until I've posted the poll
Don't do it.
Or I'll have to start a new poll about what to do to people who answer poll threads before the poll is posted and that will not be pretty.

i don't care about a poll - i shoot when necessary - only then - :patrol:

Traditio

BANNED
Banned
I'm unclear on the rules for the pole. Should only actual cops be voting? Or is the pole asking what we, even if we are not cops, would do, in the event that we were?

Arthur Brain

Well lets put it this way, if some crank tried to nick me bacon he's going down. As to any particular politician he wants to abduct he can get on with it and best of luck...

:eek:

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Some of the ones listed would be only if they were a threat to others with them - for instance if he has your taser, nightstick, etc.. and hes threatening to harm someone with them - or harming someone with them.

TomO

Get used to it.
Hall of Fame
picture.php

Nobody better touch my bacon. :plain:

Quincy

Well, I'm not sure it's proper to make fun of this situation but I believe a serious answer might be something like your wife or child as hostage and you have a clear shot. Perhaps a suicide bomber running towards a target, I dunno.

But hey, what's the quickest way to keep a black man from stealing your bike? Don't ride it to his doorstep and leave it :plain: .

CabinetMaker

Member of the 10 year club on TOL!!
Hall of Fame
I found this video the other day and I found it very interesting:

When would you shoot?

As to the poll, that is harder to answer. As late as the 60's, an officer was allowed to use deadly force when a suspect began to flee regardless of the reason. Those laws were changed and now officers have to be fully prepared to justify their use of deadly force to all the Monday morning quarterbacks. The video gives you an idea of how fast things can transpire.

Quincy

I don't think this has anything to do with him being black, i think its just the cop was power tripping, and there are some like that.

I think with the cop in the op, it wouldnt have mattered who it was who ran, he didnt like that they didnt obey him. Thats what i think anyway.

Would a white person get pulled for reason this man did? I doubt it, it wouldn't happen here in Kentucky and I doubt it's any different in any other southern state. Those kind of violations are not something I've witnessed being enforced down here. They get added onto your citation if you get pulled for speeding, DUIs or not wearing your seatbelt but the police don't pull people over just something like this. This cop was looking for any reason to pull the man he shot no matter how trivial.

But you're right, it was a power trip thing. Power over minorities.