You're a cop and you should shoot a fleeing suspect when he has your...........

You're a cop and you should shoot a fleeing suspect when he has your...........

• Total voters

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Oooooooh! Not me bacon!
Is it just me or did bybee go pirate on us? :think:

So to prevent him from possibly tasing another officer you shoot him. I don't buy it.
And that's your opinion.

I knew someone would find a way to win a point around here. Not bad, fool. :plain:

Else, I'd think you'd want to be certain a fellow had actually made off with something like a weapon before discharging your firearm. Especially before discharging it repeatedly into his back.

Last edited:

fool

Hall of Fame
Is it just me or did bybee just go pirate on us? :think:
I believe they prefer to be called Bacconeers

I knew someone would find a way to win a point around here. Not bad, fool. :plain:
I won something?
What'd I win?
Else, I'd think you'd want to be certain a fellow had actually made off with something like a weapon before discharging your firearm.
I good idea on paper, but in the heat of the moment a full inventory might not be possible. The cop knew that;
He had it out
Shot at the guy with it
Was in a struggle for it
Didn't have it anymore
And the fellow wasn't sticking around to help him look for it (which didn't bolster the fellows case for not having it).
Especially before discharging it repeatedly into his back.
The fellows rapidly departing backside was the only option the fellow presented.
Perhaps if he had turned around or even......stood still the cop wouldn't have used so many bullets.
Or any at all.

fool

Hall of Fame
I stand corrected...and for women approaching a table where I'm sitting.
Even if you're at a Diner and it's the Waitress?

Especially if they're armed.
What kind of Diners do you go to?

My undying respect...or a nickle. Whichever will get you more (and it's looking a lot like a push).
An old friend of mine used to say "A nickle will get you a loose cigarette, respect will get you a place to hide a body for a few days."

I should quit smoking.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Even if you're at a Diner and it's the Waitress?
Is she armed?

What kind of Diners do you go to?
The kind with at least two clear exits.

An old friend of mine used to say "A nickle will get you a loose cigarette, respect will get you a place to hide a body for a few days."

I should quit smoking.
Everyone feels that way eventually...or quickly if they're on fire, but that's only common sense.

(I feel a POTY coming on) :plain:

fool

Hall of Fame
Is she armed?
If you're at a Diner and the Waitress doesn't have arms you might want to consider another Diner, or a fast, depending on how much time you're lookin to spend

The kind with at least two clear exits.
Anything is an exit if you're determined enough, and have an ax.

Everyone feels that way eventually...or quickly if they're on fire, but that's only common sense.
Which brings us back in a round about way to the point of the thread.
Is running from a traffic stop more like setting your self on fire or already being on fire and jumping into a pool of gasoline?

OR
Is running from a traffic stop and being tased and then relieving the cop of his taser and then running some more more like being on fire and jumping into a pool of gasoline or is it more like being on fire in a pool of gasoline and then setting off the fireworks in you underwear?
(I feel a POTY coming on) :plain:
There's an ointment for that.