You're a cop and you should shoot a fleeing suspect when he has your...........

• Total voters

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Would a white person get pulled for reason this man did?
Im white and ive been pulled over for a broken taillight.

I doubt it, it wouldn't happen here in Kentucky and I doubt it's any different in any other southern state. Those kind of violations are not something I've witnessed being enforced down here. They get added onto your citation if you get pulled for speeding, DUIs or not wearing your seatbelt but the police don't pull people over just something like this. This cop was looking for any reason to pull the man he shot no matter how trivial.

Yes, police pull over people all the time for any reason especially when its near the end of the month and the city needs revenue.

But you're right, it was a power trip thing. Power over minorities.

A power tripper just needs anyone to Lord it over. I wouldn't be screaming racist, unless i saw something that shows him as such.

Murderer, yes, racist? Not enough to go on.

Quincy

Yes, police pull over people all the time for any reason especially when its near the end of the month and the city needs revenue.

It doesn't happen here. Here people can ride around with cracked windshields and get away with it. Even if you live in a place where they do enforce those kind of violations, having the person out of the car or creating a situation where the person gets out because they panic is a bit much for a broken taillight.

I don't believe a white person would find themselves in that situation over a broken taillight. The one time in my life I was pulled, it was over speeding. Laws against that are enforced far more and all that happened to me was a warning and a tip of the hat. You've got to wonder why this situation escalated the way it did. We'd have to know if this policeman has a record of abusing his power with everyone he pulls, regardless of skin color before we can rule out the likelihood of racism.

The has to be a reason why the cop terrorized the poor man into fleeing. I refuse to buy the broken taillight story to be the cause of this kind of situation. I've heard the man had child support issues but I don't think the cop knew that. Still, that isn't a good reason for shooting a man in the back numerous times, especially one that would have been so easy to catch.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
It doesn't happen here. Here people can ride around with cracked windshields and get away with it. Even if you live in a place where they do enforce those kind of violations, having the person out of the car or creating a situation where the person gets out because they panic is a bit much for a broken taillight.

I don't believe a white person would find themselves in that situation over a broken taillight. The one time in my life I was pulled, it was over speeding. Laws against that are enforced far more and all that happened to me was a warning and a tip of the hat. You've got to wonder why this situation escalated the way it did. We'd have to know if this policeman has a record of abusing his power with everyone he pulls, regardless of skin color before we can rule out the likelihood of racism.

The has to be a reason why the cop terrorized the poor man into fleeing. I refuse to buy the broken taillight story to be cause of this kind of situation. I've heard the man had child support issues but I don't think the cop knew that. Still, that isn't a good reason for shooting a man in the back numerous times, especially one that would have been so easy to catch.

He sure could have known that, just by running the tag if the car was registered to the man. He would have seen warrants. They dont even have to have a reason to run your tag in some places.

republicanchick

Don't answer until I've posted the poll
Don't do it.
Or I'll have to start a new poll about what to do to people who answer poll threads before the poll is posted and that will not be pretty.

Edit;
Poll is up, vote away, your votes are public, vote for as many as you want.

none of the above

maybe if he has taken a hostage.. and you can get him w/o getting the hostage

+++

Nazaroo

What about the missing choices?

I was expecting at least a few other options, like:

You shoot a fleeing suspect when

(a) the crime involves possible homicide and reckless endangerment of the public.

(b) he has a hostage.

(c) he has your wallet, or testicles.

(d) he's fleeing from your mom's house, and she's agreed to go with him.

Christian Liberty

or "i care enough about God's Word to protect and serve my neighbors, here in America, the greatest nation that ever did was":) -

lol! Don't fuel the flames:p

A power tripper just needs anyone to Lord it over. I wouldn't be screaming racist, unless i saw something that shows him as such.

Murderer, yes, racist? Not enough to go on.

So we know he's a murderer, and we know that cops in general like to steal from the population not in the interest of enforcing God's laws, but on enforcing purely secular concepts of "law" which are designed to make everyone a criminal in order to let cops selectively "ticket" (read: steal) from civilians for practices that aren't even actually unsafe.

But you're worried about whether he's a racist or not?

Even if there isn't a single racist cop in the US, we still should oppose the police, and especially this murderous cop in particular.

resodko

BANNED
Banned

....nose, of course :idunno:

latest

musterion

Need to add a poll option for Nazaroo:

COPS ARE PAID BY PUBLIC TAX MONEY SO COP'S GUN IS PUBLIC PROPERTY!

kmoney

Hall of Fame
I found this video the other day and I found it very interesting:

When would you shoot?

As to the poll, that is harder to answer. As late as the 60's, an officer was allowed to use deadly force when a suspect began to flee regardless of the reason. Those laws were changed and now officers have to be fully prepared to justify their use of deadly force to all the Monday morning quarterbacks. The video gives you an idea of how fast things can transpire.

Thanks for the video. Very interesting. I'd never want to have to make those decisions. I do agree with the law change you mention.

resodko

BANNED
Banned
Would a white person get pulled for reason this man did? I doubt it, it wouldn't happen here in Kentucky and I doubt it's any different in any other southern state. Those kind of violations are not something I've witnessed being enforced down here. They get added onto your citation if you get pulled for speeding, DUIs or not wearing your seatbelt but the police don't pull people over just something like this. This cop was looking for any reason to pull the man he shot no matter how trivial.

But you're right, it was a power trip thing. Power over minorities.

are you kidding? – I’ve been pulled over for failure to wear a seatbelt, for expired inspection and registration, and for a myriad of equipment failures (including non-functioning brake lights, tail lights, headlights, bald tires, etc, etc)

I learned long ago that’s it’s easier to play the game by the rules than to try to beat the system. Too bad walter scott never learned that lesson.

kmoney

Hall of Fame
are you kidding? – I’ve been pulled over for failure to wear a seatbelt, for expired inspection and registration, and for a myriad of equipment failures (including non-functioning brake lights, tail lights, headlights, bald tires, etc, etc)

I learned long ago that’s it’s easier to play the game by the rules than to try to beat the system. Too bad walter scott never learned that lesson.

He still didn't deserve to be shot based on what I've seen. Running from a traffic stop isn't a capital crime.

resodko

BANNED
Banned
He still didn't deserve to be shot based on what I've seen. Running from a traffic stop isn't a capital crime.

:doh:

he wasn't shot for running from a traffic stop

he was tased for running from a traffic stop

he was shot for assaulting the officer and disarming him (of the taser)

kmoney

Hall of Fame
:doh:

he wasn't shot for running from a traffic stop

he was tased for running from a traffic stop

he was shot for assaulting the officer and disarming him (of the taser)

Even with a struggle, he was running away. There was no immediate danger and no reason to believe he would be a harm to other innocents.

resodko

BANNED
Banned
Even with a struggle, he was running away. There was no immediate danger and no reason to believe he would be a harm to other innocents.

then i'll ask you what i asked purex

ok, what should slager have done when scott had run and then disarmed him of his non-lethal weapon and run again?

let scott go?

chase scott some more and see if he can take slager's sidearm?

and i'll emphasize that slager had already deployed and lost control of his non-lethal response system