You will own nothing

Eric h

Leftist rebels against God are famous for telling people what is going to happen to them after they die.
So how do you interpret the parable of the rich man and Lazarus? My understanding was that the rich man had his reward on Earth, end of story; and not a good story for the rich man.

marke

So how do you interpret the parable of the rich man and Lazarus? My understanding was that the rich man had his reward on Earth, end of story; and not a good story for the rich man.
The rich man died and in hell complained about being tormented in the heat.

Luke 16:22-24 King James Version (KJV)​

22 And it came to pass, that the beggar died, and was carried by the angels into Abraham's bosom: the rich man also died, and was buried;

23 And in hell he lift up his eyes, being in torments, and seeth Abraham afar off, and Lazarus in his bosom.

24 And he cried and said, Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus, that he may dip the tip of his finger in water, and cool my tongue; for I am tormented in this flame.

Arthur Brain

You sure are confused.

You don't even understand the difference between operational science (i.e., the kind that is repeatable and verifiable; and can produce technological advancements) and origins science that is filled with highly speculative and unverifiable conjecture (like a single common ancestor of all life on earth).
Um, no, but you keep repeating that mantra if it makes you feel good. You clearly don't understand how a theory comes about in science. It sure ain't "conjecture".

Arthur Brain

Because AB always uses fallacious arguments, like appeals to authority. Alate_One and the Barbarian are two of his local "experts" who's word must be taken as fact, because they're so smart.
Nope, but it's your usual go to as recourse. Alate & Barb are indeed experts in the field but nobody was particularly expecting you to listen to them. If you're mired in a belief system that requires the earth to be a few thousand years old you were never going to really, no matter what the evidence against.

Arthur Brain

Evolution does not start with the assumption that life was created by God and that the various genetic makeups of creatures today have been maintained by the genetic code since God created the various species thousands of years ago. Evolution begins with the assumption that God did not create life on earth and that elementary life forms must have therefore begun in some other miraculous way and developed into more advanced forms over millions of years. Take away the assumption of biogenesis and evolution falls to pieces. Take away the assumption of millions of years and evolution falls to pieces. Take away the ability of unknown, untestable, and assumed natural forces to create new genetic information out of thin air, and evolution falls to pieces.
It really doesn't but you keep thinking that as you will.

Arthur Brain

Yep. Do you know of a case were a cat does not have kittens? Or a dog that does not have puppies? Please do show us.
Wow, that's the "strength" of your argument? This was dismantled time and again by Alate so what's the point in bothering further. You wouldn't listen regardless.

Arthur Brain

The rich man died and in hell complained about being tormented in the heat.

Luke 16:22-24 King James Version (KJV)​

22 And it came to pass, that the beggar died, and was carried by the angels into Abraham's bosom: the rich man also died, and was buried;

23 And in hell he lift up his eyes, being in torments, and seeth Abraham afar off, and Lazarus in his bosom.

24 And he cried and said, Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus, that he may dip the tip of his finger in water, and cool my tongue; for I am tormented in this flame.
Do you honestly think that this is supposed to be read literally?

marke

Um, no, but you keep repeating that mantra if it makes you feel good. You clearly don't understand how a theory comes about in science. It sure ain't "conjecture".
Lord Kelvin proposed the scientific theory of gravitation contraction as the source of the sun's energy. It was a good theory but fell out of favor with secularists as new theories of the age of the universe began pushing the universe's estimated date of origin back more and more into billions of years rather than millions of years. Gravitation contraction as the sun's energy source would mean the sun could not possibly be billions of years old.

Scientific theories like gravitational contraction as the sun's energy source and evolution as an explanation for the diversity of life forms on earth are not facts. They are theories subject to modification or rejection as more is learned.

marke

Nope, but it's your usual go to as recourse. Alate & Barb are indeed experts in the field but nobody was particularly expecting you to listen to them. If you're mired in a belief system that requires the earth to be a few thousand years old you were never going to really, no matter what the evidence against.
Why listen to hardheads who will not accept evidence which proves their opinions wrong?

marke

It really doesn't but you keep thinking that as you will.
Evolution assumes life evolved from what? Nothing? No, various theories of evolution have themselves been evolving. Darwin imagined a 'tree of life' evolutionary development in life species, but that theory got chopped down at the end of last century with new revelations in microbiology. Evolutionists assumed MtEve lived 200,000 years ago until new revelations in biology proved men passed on mitochondrial DNA as well as women. Evolution theories are not settled scientific facts. They are more scientific speculations than facts.

marke

Wow, that's the "strength" of your argument? This was dismantled time and again by Alate so what's the point in bothering further. You wouldn't listen regardless.
Who is this Alate spokesperson and what has Alate supposedly proven that no other scientist on earth has proven?

Arthur Brain

Evolution assumes life evolved from what? Nothing? No, various theories of evolution have themselves been evolving. Darwin imagined a 'tree of life' evolutionary development in life species, but that theory got chopped down at the end of last century with new revelations in microbiology. Evolutionists assumed MtEve lived 200,000 years ago until new revelations in biology proved men passed on mitochondrial DNA as well as women. Evolution theories are not settled scientific facts. They are more scientific speculations than facts.
Evolution doesn't "assume" any such thing.