You will own nothing

Arthur Brain

Yes, I do AB. If you would be willing to discuss facts instead of fallacies.

You and your unshakable view that smart people are always correct. I'm pretty smart... why do you think that I'm wrong? Because you have bought the lie, big time.

You've made many claims that "I was schooled", but you have not provide a SINGLE instance of such.
If that were the case you'd have listened to Alate and once again you're reduced to a strawman. Of course smart people aren't always correct, nobody is. Smart people, however, aren't constrained by a system of their own making and if they engage with someone who's a professor of biology have something concrete to bring to the table if they're going to attempt to refute their position. You never did. She was a one time YEC'er herself and admitted to having a crisis of faith when she could no longer reconcile such a belief system with the actual evidence. You were schooled whether you care to admit it or not, simple as.

Right Divider

Body part
The ToE is real science.
No, it's not.
If you actually are familiar with how scientific theories become formulated you'd realize that.
I do fully and completely realize how science and scientific theories work. You on the other hand, do not.
Real science requires unequivocal evidence and not the wild-eyed speculation like the "goo to you" supposed "theory".

Instead of discussing the FACTS of this supposed "theory" you just "keep the faith" but running to your favorite fallacies.
  • So and so says it's true.
  • Most scientists believe it.
  • etc. etc. etc.

Right Divider

Body part
No, in actual reality as in the thread. Of course, you weren't going to listen as your belief system not only seems to prevent you from entertaining anything that runs contrary to a belief in a young earth but also has you mired in a strawman argument.
I discuss FACTS... you come back with FALLACIES.

Right Divider

Body part
If that were the case you'd have listened to Alate and once again you're reduced to a strawman. Of course smart people aren't always correct, nobody is. Smart people, however, aren't constrained by a system of their own making and if they engage with someone who's a professor of biology have something concrete to bring to the table if they're going to attempt to refute their position. You never did.
Again, not a single concrete instance of her "schooling" me. You are a robot parrot.
She was a one time YEC'er herself and admitted to having a crisis of faith when she could no longer reconcile such a belief system with the actual evidence.
Guess what, I used to believe in the "billion of years" (only because that's what we were are forced to believe in government schools) but am no longer able to reconcile that belief system with the actual evidence.
You were schooled whether you care to admit it or not, simple as.
Another of your (so, so many) false claims.

Last edited:

Arthur Brain

No, it's not.

I do fully and completely realize how science and scientific theories work. You on the other hand, do not.
Real science requires unequivocal evidence and not the wild-eyed speculation like the "goo to you" supposed "theory".

Instead of discussing the FACTS of this supposed "theory" you just "keep the faith" but running to your favorite fallacies.
  • So and so says it's true.
  • Most scientists believe it.
  • etc. etc. etc.
Yes, it is and no, you don't. If you did, you'd realize that the ToE is not based on "speculation" for starters. That is simply ignorant and given the amount of times you've been corrected on this then ignorance really isn't an excuse.

Arthur Brain

Again, not a single concrete instance of her "schooling" me. You are a robot parrot.

Guess what, I used to believe in the "billion of years" (only because that's what were are forced to believe in government schools) but am no longer able to reconcile that belief system with the actual evidence.

Another of your (so, so many) false claims.
The threads still there and oh yes, there were several instances and not just you to be fair but others also.

The ToE isn't a "belief system" and you don't have any "evidence", credible at least to refute it. You just seem to be shackled to one of your own that denies actual science in favour of pseudo science.

Right Divider

Body part
The threads still there and oh yes, there were several instances and not just you to be fair but others also.
So, AGAIN, you cannot just simply give even one concrete example. You are quite the poser.
The ToE isn't a "belief system"
ToE is a belief system about the past. There is no possible way to prove it scientifically. Again, you are the one that does not understand science.
and you don't have any "evidence", credible at least to refute it.
There is plenty of evidence against it. You just prefer to believe it anyway. Not once have you discussed a single fact to support it.
You just seem to be shackled to one of your own that denies actual science in favour of pseudo science.
Wrong.

Arthur Brain

So, AGAIN, you cannot just simply give even one concrete example. You are quite the poser.

ToE is a belief system about the past. There is no possible way to prove it scientifically. Again, you are the one that does not understand science.

There is plenty of evidence against it. You just prefer to believe it anyway. Not once have you discussed a single fact to support it.

Wrong.
Funnily enough, I decided to read through the thread in question earlier for the last coupla hours:

I'm not even interested in our own occasional spats on it as neither of us IMO fare very well but so much more in regards to Alate's substantial and corroborated evidence, not to mention her own obvious and detailed knowledge on the subject(s). Sure, fling the "hero worship" thing as you will but it was entertaining, informative and completely addressed everything you've had to say here, even if you couldn't acknowledge it then or now.

Oh, well. Look RD, believe in a young earth, universe as much as you want. At the end of the 'day', what difference does it really make?

Right Divider

Body part
Funnily enough, I decided to read through the thread in question earlier for the last coupla hours:

I'm not even interested in our own occasional spats on it as neither of us IMO fare very well but so much more in regards to Alate's substantial and corroborated evidence, not to mention her own obvious and detailed knowledge on the subject(s). Sure, fling the "hero worship" thing as you will but it was entertaining, informative and completely addressed everything you've had to say here, even if you couldn't acknowledge it then or now.

Oh, well. Look RD, believe in a young earth, universe as much as you want. At the end of the 'day', what difference does it really make?
Quote from Alate_One:
Science is simply the study of the natural world that God has given us with the minds God has given us.
So right off the bat, she gives us a FALSE definition of science. This is the materialist view of science. Something that an Atheist would be very pleased with.

If AO cannot even start out on the right foot, how she can go anywhere but wrong?

Science does not require the materialist world view and it is wrong to limit it to such a view.

Arthur Brain

Quote from Alate_One:

So right off the bat, she gives us a FALSE definition of science. This is the materialist view of science. Something that an Atheist would be very pleased with.

If AO cannot even start out on the right foot, how she can go anywhere but wrong?

Science does not require the materialist world view and it is wrong to limit it to such a view.
Hardly a 'materialistic' view and if that's the best you've got given the absolute minutiae of detail she went into in that thread then...

Hey, again, stick with your young earth belief. What does it ultimately matter?

Right Divider

Body part
Hardly a 'materialistic' view and if that's the best you've got given the absolute minutiae of detail she went into in that thread then...

Hey, again, stick with your young earth belief. What does it ultimately matter?
Her definition was 100% materialistic.
But I can see why you want to downplay it.
I'll explain more of the problems with her post in a separate thread.

Arthur Brain

Her definition was 100% materialistic.
But I can see why you want to downplay it.
I'll explain more of the problems with her post in a separate thread.
It really wasn't and I'm not interested in downplaying anything. I thoroughly enjoyed reading her detailed analysis and debunking of ignorance but if I carry on on that score I'll be accused of 'hero worship' again? Her scientific expertise and knowledge were simply a pleasure to read. By all means, start a thread. Really though, why does it matter ultimately?

marke

No, in actual reality as in the thread. Of course, you weren't going to listen as your belief system not only seems to prevent you from entertaining anything that runs contrary to a belief in a young earth but also has you mired in a strawman argument.
Who is so blinded by bias that they cannot see the error of their beliefs? I claim evolutionists are blinded by their bias, else they would try to incorporate scientific evidence which contradicts evolution.

marke

It really wasn't and I'm not interested in downplaying anything. I thoroughly enjoyed reading her detailed analysis and debunking of ignorance but if I carry on on that score I'll be accused of 'hero worship' again? Her scientific expertise and knowledge were simply a pleasure to read. By all means, start a thread. Really though, why does it matter ultimately?
The deluded do enjoy good fiction, even if they do think fiction is fact and fact is fiction.