you might have life through His name.

Status
Not open for further replies.

glorydaz

A new creature in Christ is one baptised of the Spirit, and those who are baptised of the Spirit are born anew,

Let's clean up those talking points a bit, Marhig.

Baptized BY the Spirit into the BODY of Christ.

dead to self

Dead to sin. Our life is hid with Christ in God.

and they live by the will of God and and lives to please the father and they put themselves last!

You said they were dead to self, so how can they put themselves last?

A new creature means the old one is gone, dead. And we are born again through Christ by the Spirit, thus our new life should be in obedience to God and doing his works. If Christ is in our hearts, then his life will be in and through us, and we will live to please God as he did.

All things are new. The life we now live, we live by the faith of the Son of God.

glorydaz

Hey drb,

I dont trust any Christians who self claim to be saved as true Christians.

It is because they dont even know that is prideful faith, and claiming it is not self righteous.

You and all worker bees:

Deuteronomy 28:66 And thy life shall hang in doubt before thee; and thou shalt fear day and night, and shalt have none assurance of thy life:​

Those with the righteousness of faith:

Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.​

nikolai_42

Jesus says there are good people and that they are the people who come to him to be saved; they are the people who believe and obey and are saved.

Luke 8:15 “… these are the ones who have heard the word in an honest and good heart, and hold it fast, and bear fruit with perseverance.”

Matthew 12:35 A good man brings good things out of the good stored up in him, and an evil man brings evil things out of the evil stored up in him.

John 18:37 "You are a king, then!" said Pilate. Jesus answered, "You say that I am a king. In fact, the reason I was born and came into the world is to testify to the truth. Everyone on the side of truth listens to me."

John 3:21 But whoever lives by the truth comes into the light, so that it may be seen plainly that what they have done has been done in the sight of God.

There is none good but God. The heart of man is deceitful and desperately wicked and who can know it? And who was justified? The one who thanked God that he was good or the one who humbled himself before Him seeking mercy? All the goodness a man has is predicated on God.

The differences between us come in the position obedience has in the life of the believer. Not a question of whether it should be there or not, but what gives weight to it (or rather what it gives weight to). Those who come to Him are necessarily drawn of the Father.

Sent from my iPhone using TOL

nikolai_42

Unbelievable. I just gave many scriptures that tell us we are not saved 'unless' and 'if'.

I gave you scriptures that say YOU ARE MY DISCIPLE if you OBEY.
I gave you scriptures that say YOU ARE MY FAMILY if you OBEY.
I gave you scriptures that say YOU ARE MY FRIEND if you OBEY.

And...?

nikolai_42

What you said is not scripture.

What you said if false. God SAVES those WHO LOVE HIM. We love Him BY obeying Him.

Acts 10:35 but that in every nation those who fear Him and live good lives are acceptable to Him.

Acts 5:32 We are witnesses of these things, and so is the Holy Spirit, whom God has given to those who obey him."

Psalm 50:23 Whoever sacrifices a thank offering honors Me, and whoever orders his conduct, I will show him the salvation of God."

John 14:23 Jesus replied, "Anyone who loves me will obey my teaching. My Father will love them, and we will come to them and make our home with them.

John 14:21 The person who has my commandments and obeys them is the one who loves me. The one who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I will love him and will reveal myself to him."

John 15:10 If you obey my commandments, you will remain in my love, just as I have obeyed my Father's commandments and remain in his love.

Acts 13:26 "Fellow children of Abraham and you God-fearing Gentiles, it is to us that this message of salvation has been sent.

1 Corinthians 8:3 But whoever loves God is known by God

1 John 5:3 For this is what love for God is: to keep His commands. Now His commands are not a burden,

Proverbs 8:17 I love those who love me,

John 1:6 And this is love: that we walk in obedience to his commands.

1 John 3:24 Those who obey his commands live in him, and he in them.

1 Samuel 2:30 "Therefore the LORD, the God of Israel, declares: 'I promised that members of your family would minister before me forever.' But now the LORD declares: 'Far be it from me! Those who honor me I will honor, but those who despise me will be disdained.

Psalm 91:14 "Because he loves me," says the LORD, "I will rescue him; I will protect him, for he acknowledges my name.

Proverbs 1:23Repent at my rebuke!
Then I will pour out my thoughts to you,
I will make known to you my teachings.

Bottom line, you say your own obedience separate from God’s work is the requirement for God to work in and save someone. I say that isn’t mercy but reward - something you have to work for. Obedience is a necessity but it is a marker...NOT the foundation.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
You and all worker bees:

Deuteronomy 28:66 And thy life shall hang in doubt before thee; and thou shalt fear day and night, and shalt have none assurance of thy life:​

Those with the righteousness of faith:

Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.​

excuse away self righteous ones.

drbrumley

You’ll never stop loving us
No matter how far we run
You’ll never give up on us
All of heaven shouts let the future begin
Let the future begin

Chris Tomlin

drbrumley

It does not matter how you boast about your salvation. What matter is that if Jesus approve of your self claimed salvation.

I am done with you again, self righteous one.

I don't boast....oh boastful one.

How do you boast you ask.....because you boast you're not like everyone else, and most christians are distasteful to you....

drbrumley

The Apostle John wrote an entire chapter to assure God's people that they are indeed God's people.

"These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God: that ye may know that ye have eternal life and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God." (1 John 5:13).

That ye may KNOW? What??

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
One verse, but you IGNORE the remainder of his epistles and try to downgrade GRACE and upgrade your own "obedience".

Eph 2:4-10 (AKJV/PCE)
(2:4) But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us, (2:5) Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved;) (2:6) And hath raised [us] up together, and made [us] sit together in heavenly [places] in Christ Jesus: (2:7) That in the ages to come he might shew the exceeding riches of his grace in [his] kindness toward us through Christ Jesus. (2:8) For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: [it is] the gift of God: (2:9) Not of works, lest any man should boast. (2:10) For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.

You're trying to work you way to salvation when you should be accepting the GIFT OF GOD.

(4:15) Now ye Philippians know also, that in the beginning of the gospel, when I departed from Macedonia, no church communicated with me as concerning giving and receiving, but ye only.

How could Paul be "in the beginning of the gospel" if it was already preached before him?
m1257.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.