you might have life through His name.

Status
Not open for further replies.

God's Truth

1 Corinthians 8:3 But whoever loves God is known by God.

I gave scripture from Paul but RD didn't see it; and, the fact that he only listens to Paul and not the scriptures that say "Jesus said" is proof that RD is lost.

God's Truth

I know the truth and got saved. You should too.

No one who tells another gospel is right with the Lord. If you are saved, you need to get right with the Lord and stop preaching falseness.

I gave scripture from Paul but RD didn't see it; and, the fact that he only listens to Paul and not the scriptures that say "Jesus said" is proof that RD is lost. Paul doesn't preach another gospel.

drbrumley

You are misusing the verse.

Many of your claims are misusing the verses.

And you have been refuted over and over for your misreading the verses.

get over it.

Your new screen name will be but..

When confronted with the words of jesus, you say "yes" BUT

When confronted with the words of paul, you say "yes" BUT

So that's your new name....BUT

God's Truth

And my whole point is in that last verse, basically. Obedience is a sign, not an a priori requirement before God will work.

Unbelievable. I just gave many scriptures that tell us we are not saved 'unless' and 'if'.

I gave you scriptures that say YOU ARE MY DISCIPLE if you OBEY.
I gave you scriptures that say YOU ARE MY FAMILY if you OBEY.
I gave you scriptures that say YOU ARE MY FRIEND if you OBEY.

drbrumley

No one who tells another gospel is right with the Lord. If you are saved, you need to get right with the Lord and stop preaching falseness.

I gave scripture from Paul but RD didn't see it; and, the fact that he only listens to Paul and not the scriptures that say "Jesus said" is proof that RD is lost. Paul doesn't preach another gospel.

It's called progressive revelation. You know.."progress?" Jesus did it with the Pharisees. And just like the Pharisees, your bogged down, kicking and screaming saying NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

So, it's not really two gospels.....it's one and the same, just more fully revealed thru Paul.

Right Divider

Body part

One verse, but you IGNORE the remainder of his epistles and try to downgrade GRACE and upgrade your own "obedience".

Eph 2:4-10 (AKJV/PCE)
(2:4) But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us, (2:5) Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved;) (2:6) And hath raised [us] up together, and made [us] sit together in heavenly [places] in Christ Jesus: (2:7) That in the ages to come he might shew the exceeding riches of his grace in [his] kindness toward us through Christ Jesus. (2:8) For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: [it is] the gift of God: (2:9) Not of works, lest any man should boast. (2:10) For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.

You're trying to work you way to salvation when you should be accepting the GIFT OF GOD.

(4:15) Now ye Philippians know also, that in the beginning of the gospel, when I departed from Macedonia, no church communicated with me as concerning giving and receiving, but ye only.

How could Paul be "in the beginning of the gospel" if it was already preached before him?

drbrumley

One verse, but you IGNORE the remainder of his epistles and try to downgrade GRACE and upgrade your own "obedience".

(2:4) But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us, (2:5) Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved;) (2:6) And hath raised [us] up together, and made [us] sit together in heavenly [places] in Christ Jesus: (2:7) That in the ages to come he might shew the exceeding riches of his grace in [his] kindness toward us through Christ Jesus. (2:8) For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: [it is] the gift of God: (2:9) Not of works, lest any man should boast. (2:10) For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.

You're trying to work you way to salvation when you should be accepting the GIFT OF GOD.

(4:15) Now ye Philippians know also, that in the beginning of the gospel, when I departed from Macedonia, no church communicated with me as concerning giving and receiving, but ye only.

How could Paul be "in the beginning of the gospel" if it was already preached before him?

That was nice!!!!!! :up:

God's Truth

We can’t even come to Him unless He first works in us.

You are a Calvinist.

God doesn't work in the unsaved.

God lives in and works in those who He gives His Spirit too.

That is where He lives and works.

And it may well be that we don’t even realize He is but to lay the law down as the requirement is to emphasize works as the active agent in one’s salvation instead of the grace of God.

That is nowhere in the scriptures.

In fact, it goes against the scriptures.

Restating the law as a requirement on man is a burden, not good news.

Jesus came with the NEW LAW, and Jesus says it is NOT BURDENSOME. It is light, and it is easy.

Matthew 11:30 For my yoke is easy and my burden is light."

Jesus’ commands are only a delight to the one who already has been given a heart after Him.

God gives a new heart to those who REPENT OF THEIR SINS.

Ezekiel 18:31 Rid yourselves of all the offenses you have committed, and get a new heart and a new spirit. Why will you die, people of Israel?

It tries to replicate the Holy Spirit’s operation. We can’t do that. But when we are His, obedience is a joy. But it isn’t what gets God to start working in us. We can certainly tell men what is required but we can’t make our obedience the way to God.

Not by works of righteousness which we have done but according to His mercy He saved us.
Titus 3:5

You are badly mistaken.

The 'not of by works' is about the purification works.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
You are a Calvinist.

God doesn't work in the unsaved.

God lives in and works in those who He gives His Spirit too.

That is where He lives and works.

That is nowhere in the scriptures.

In fact, it goes against the scriptures.

Jesus came with the NEW LAW, and Jesus says it is NOT BURDENSOME. It is light, and it is easy.

Matthew 11:30 For my yoke is easy and my burden is light."

God gives a new heart to those who REPENT OF THEIR SINS.

Ezekiel 18:31 Rid yourselves of all the offenses you have committed, and get a new heart and a new spirit. Why will you die, people of Israel?

You are badly mistaken.

The 'not of by works' is about the purification works.

So, I see you're still pushing that FALLACY. You MUST be a 'Creature of habit,' am I right?

God's Truth

You are the one who ignores scripture and tries to block out everything I say.

The 'not of yourselves' is about NOT HAVING TO CLEAN YOURSELVES, as the Jews used to have to do, with the purification works of the law.

Jesus cleans us now just by our having faith that his blood cleans us OF THE SINS WE REPENT OF DOING.

That means we don't have to get circumcised, adhere to a special diet, do various external washings, and sacrifice animals.

IT DOES NOT mean we DO NOT have to obey God anymore!

hahahahahaha I am trying so hard and for so long to help people here, but who accepts the truth?

Jesus give the GIFT TO THOSE HE CHOOSES to give it. Jesus SAYS he gives it to those who OBEY.

Paul is speaking about when he started preaching the gospel, it was before he met with the other apostles.

Paul is an apostle. That means NO MAN TAUGHT HIM. An apostle is someone DIRECTLY taught by Jesus. That means what he knows is directly from Jesus Christ. People questioned Paul being an apostle because the 'real' apostles were taught by Jesus when Jesus was alive. Paul explains that he really is an apostle too and was taught by Jesus, even though it is after Jesus had died and risen.

God's Truth

(2:8) For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: [it is] the gift of God:

The Jews USED TO HAVE TO CLEAN THEMSELVES. They used to do the purification works of the law to clean and justify themselves before God.

No one can do THOSE works anymore, because now we only have to have faith that Jesus cleans us.

Jesus cleans us of the sins we repent of doing.

That means we don't have to do the ceremonial/purification works anymore. It does NOT mean we no longer have to obey anything!

Right Divider

Body part
You are the one who ignores scripture and tries to block out everything I say.
You confuse the dispensations of God to your own detriment.

The 'not of yourselves' is about NOT HAVING TO CLEAN YOURSELVES, as the Jews used to have to do, with the purification works of the law.
That is a LIE and you should know that by now. But you're a liar and cannot stop.

It also says that salvation by grace through faith is a GIFT and YET you want to make your "contribution". You are self-righteous and damned for it.

Jesus cleans us now just by our having faith that his blood cleans us OF THE SINS WE REPENT OF DOING.

That means we don't have to get circumcised, adhere to a special diet, do various external washings, and sacrifice animals.

IT DOES NOT mean we DO NOT have to obey God anymore!
Obeying grace means accepting it without trying to pretend like we have something to "contribute". You insult the Lord by trying to "pitch in".

hahahahahaha I am trying so hard and for so long to help people here, but who accepts the truth?

Jesus give the GIFT TO THOSE HE CHOOSES to give it. Jesus SAYS he gives it to those who OBEY.
Continued LYING from the great liar.

Rom 5:15 (AKJV/PCE)
(5:15) But not as the offence, so also [is] the free gift. For if through the offence of one many be dead, much more the grace of God, and the gift by grace, [which is] by one man, Jesus Christ, hath abounded unto many.
Paul is speaking about when he started preaching the gospel, it was before he met with the other apostles.
Twisting the scriptures per your usual LIES.

Paul is an apostle. That means NO MAN TAUGHT HIM.
Barnabas was an apostle.... did "no man teach him"? (Acts 14:14)

That means what he knows is directly from Jesus Christ. People questioned Paul being an apostles because the 'real' apostles were taught by Jesus when Jesus was alive. Paul explains that he really is an apostle too and was taught by Jesus, even though it is after Jesus had died an risen.
Paul preaches grace without work and yet you disagree with him and TWIST his words. You are a worker-bee and need to accept the grace of God.

Status
Not open for further replies.