Works, Salvation, Merit

Jamie Gigliotti

I don't ignore anything Jamie. I just put it all in its proper CONTEXT. Something that you are clearly not willing to do.

Good then we, "agree with the sound words of our Lord Jesus Christ and the teaching that accords with godliness." 1Timothy 6:3
As Paul did. For His glory!

Last edited:

Right Divider

Body part
Good then we, "agree with the sound words of our Lord Jesus Christ and the teaching that accords with godliness." 1Timothy 6:3
As Paul did. For His glory!
And this one too.
Rom 15:8-12 KJV Now I say that Jesus Christ was a minister of the circumcision for the truth of God, to confirm the promises made unto the fathers[/YELLOW]: (9) And that the Gentiles might glorify God for his mercy; as it is written, For this cause I will confess to thee among the Gentiles, and sing unto thy name. (10) And again he saith, Rejoice, ye Gentiles, with his people. (11) And again, Praise the Lord, all ye Gentiles; and laud him, all ye people. (12) And again, Esaias saith, There shall be a root of Jesse, and he that shall rise to reign over the Gentiles; in him shall the Gentiles trust.
And this too:
2Co 5:14-19 KJV For the love of Christ constraineth us; because we thus judge, that if one died for all, then were all dead: (15) And that he died for all, that they which live should not henceforth live unto themselves, but unto him which died for them, and rose again. (16) Wherefore henceforth know we no man after the flesh: yea, though we have known Christ after the flesh, yet now henceforth know we him no more. (17) Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new. (18) And all things are of God, who hath reconciled us to himself by Jesus Christ, and hath given to us the ministry of reconciliation; (19) To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation.

God's Truth

There is only one way. You have no power to do this. "But if by the Spirit you put the death the misdeeds of the body you will live" Romans 8:13 Our surrender to His Spirit, His presence does this. No one can do it on their own!

You will not be saved and receive the Holy Spirit unless you get Jesus' teachings and obey them.

We are to search for God and then we will find Him.

Don't you believe His Word?

Jeremiah 29:13 You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.

Matthew 7:7
"Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you.

Jamie, you have been rebuked with the Word of God. Tell me, how do you already have Jesus if you have to seek him?

God's Truth

There is only one way. You have no power to do this. "But if by the Spirit you put the death the misdeeds of the body you will live" Romans 8:13 Our surrender to His Spirit, His presence does this. No one can do it on their own!

Jamie, you refuse to believe the truth.

Tell me, why would Jesus tell us to seek him if we cannot do that?

"Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you.

God's Truth

Jesus is the truth, the life, and the way.

We have to do what Jesus says to get to the Father.

Jesus says to obey him and repent of your sins.

God's Truth

Luke 24:46-48

46 He told them, “This is what is written: The Messiah will suffer and rise from the dead on the third day, 47 and repentance for the forgiveness of sins will be preached in his name to all nations, beginning at Jerusalem. 48 You are witnesses of these things.

heir

TOL Subscriber
Why do you go against me when I say obey Jesus?
No one can or has to do what you said is necessary to be saved and to stay saved. Thank the LORD that what God did was everything that is necessary to save anyone (Titus 3:4-7 KJV) and that the Spirit's seal is the guarantee of the LORD's work put to the believer's account (Ephesians 1:13-14 KJV)!

Jamie Gigliotti

Jamie, you refuse to believe the truth.

Tell me, why would Jesus tell us to seek him if we cannot do that?

I have sought Him and He has drawn me to Himself a long time ago and His Spirit has convicted me to place my faith, my trust in Him and to turn away from sin and follow Him, on a path of growing intimacy with Him, knowledge of Him, faith in Him, obedience to the Holy Spirit. His grace vital every step of the way. Dependence upon Him an absolute must!

"But He said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, my power is made perfect in your weakness." Therefore I will boast all the gladly of my weakness, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me. ... For when I am weak then I am strong." 2 Corinthians 12:9-10

"Let me ask you only this: Did you receive the Spirit by works of the law or by hearing with faith? Are you so foolish? Having begun by the Spirit, are you now being perfected by the flesh?" Galatians 3:2-3

The Spirit is received by Grace and faith and by Him we, "put to death the deeds of the body"(Romans 8:13).

We are called to obey God and love. We love by Him, through Him, for Him, because He first loved us; by His Agape love, by His Spirit.

"for God gave us not a spirit of fear, but of power and love and self control." 2 Timothy 1:7

"But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self control; against such things there is no law." Galatians 5:22-23

We do have an obligation to Him, to please His Spirit, to love, to do good. It is through Him through and through.

"For the one who sows to His own flesh Will from the flesh reap corruption, but the one who sows to Spirit will from the Spirit reap eternal life. And let us not grow weary in doing good, for in good season we will reap if we do not give up." Galatians 6:8-9

Father I pray that everyone that reads these words is moved by you, for their need of You and Your love, and Your Son Jesus, and Your Holy Spirit. Help us surrender to You, to allow Yourself to shine through us in love. It is only by Your love and Grace and the precious blood of Jesus that this is possible. We give You all the glory, in Jesus name Amen!

God's Truth

No one can or has to do what you said is necessary to be saved and to stay saved. Thank the LORD that what God did was everything that is necessary to save anyone (Titus 3:4-7 KJV) and that the Spirit's seal is the guarantee of the LORD's work put to the believer's account (Ephesians 1:13-14 KJV)!

We do not have to get CIRCUMCISED IN THE FLESH, but we have to believe and obey Jesus and repent of our sins.

Colossians 2:13 When you were dead in your sins and in the uncircumcision of your flesh, God made you alive with Christ. He forgave us all our sins,

God's Truth

I have sought Him and He has drawn me to Himself a long time ago and His Spirit has convicted me to place my faith, my trust in Him and to turn away from sin and follow Him, on a path of growing intimacy with Him, knowledge of Him, faith in Him, obedience to the Holy Spirit. His grace vital every step of the way. Dependence upon Him an absolute must!

"But He said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, my power is made perfect in your weakness." Therefore I will boast all the gladly of my weakness, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me. ... For when I am weak then I am strong." 2 Corinthians 12:9-10

"Let me ask you only this: Did you receive the Spirit by works of the law or by hearing with faith? Are you so foolish? Having begun by the Spirit, are you now being perfected by the flesh?" Galatians 3:2-3
THAT SCRIPTURE IS ABOUT THE GALATIANS RESORTING TO THE CEREMONIAL WORKS OF CIRCUMCISION AND THE OBSERVANCE OF SPECIAL DAYS!

The Spirit is received by Grace and faith and by Him we, "put to death the deeds of the body"(Romans 8:13).

We are called to obey God and love. We love by Him, through Him, for Him, because He first loved us; by His Agape love, by His Spirit.

"for God gave us not a spirit of fear, but of power and love and self control." 2 Timothy 1:7

"But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self control; against such things there is no law." Galatians 5:22-23

We do have an obligation to Him, to please His Spirit, to love, to do good. It is through Him through and through.

"For the one who sows to His own flesh Will from the flesh reap corruption, but the one who sows to Spirit will from the Spirit reap eternal life. And let us not grow weary in doing good, for in good season we will reap if we do not give up." Galatians 6:8-9

Father I pray that everyone that reads these words is moved by you, for their need of You and Your love, and Your Son Jesus, and Your Holy Spirit. Help us surrender to You, to allow Yourself to shine through us in love. It is only by Your love and Grace and the precious blood of Jesus that this is possible. We give You all the glory, in Jesus name Amen!

You are hindering people from being saved when you go against Jesus when he says repent or perish, and those who obey his commands will receive the Holy Spirit!

God's Truth

The Galatians were saved by faith and obedience to Christ, and then Judaziers came along and talked them into believing they had to be circumcised and observe special days!

Paul had to form Christ in them ALL OVER AGAIN.

Galatians 4:19 My dear children, for whom I am again in the pains of childbirth until Christ is formed in you,

God's Truth

Paul does NOT EVER say to ANYONE that they are obeying Jesus too much or are obeying when it does not matter!

Paul says they are doing wrong by doing the CEREMONIAL works of the old law---they want to get circumcised and they are observing special days!

You are observing special days and months and seasons and years!

Galatians 4:10 You are observing special days and months and seasons and years!

Galatians 5:2 Mark my words! I, Paul, tell you that if you let yourselves be circumcised, Christ will be of no value to you at all.

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
Paul does NOT EVER say to ANYONE that they are obeying Jesus too much or are obeying when it does not matter!

Paul says they are doing wrong by doing the CEREMONIAL works of the old law---they want to get circumcised and they are observing special days!

You are observing special days and months and seasons and years!

Galatians 4:10 You are observing special days and months and seasons and years!

Galatians 5:2 Mark my words! I, Paul, tell you that if you let yourselves be circumcised, Christ will be of no value to you at all.

devil's lie

This is how you lie you quote Galatians 2 and not Galatians 3, so you preach half of a truth...half a truth is a lie

Galatians 3 says

For I testify again that if any man be circumcised that he is a debtor to keep the whole law.

James [ever in agreement with Paul] says if you fail in one law you are guilty of it all.

This why is YOU are a slave, yes Satan's slave...and you want to lead others into the same bondage you are in.

Why I say you are a liar is because you KNOW you do not obey the law.

God's Truth

devil's lie

This is how you lie you quote Galatians 2 and not Galatians 3, so you preach half of a truth...half a truth is a lie

You are not telling the truth about me.

Galatians 3 says

For I testify again that if any man be circumcised that he is a debtor to keep the whole law.

James [ever in agreement with Paul] says if you fail in one law you are guilty of it all.

James was speaking of the ROYAL LAW OF LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOR.

Love is not harming your neighbor that is how we love our neighbors, we do no harm to them.

If you do not harm your neighbor by not murdering your neighbor, it is good and you have obeyed a commandment of do not murder.

If you do not harm your neighbor by committing adultery with your neighbor's wife, then you have obeyed another commandment.

If you do not harm your neighbor so you do not bear false witness against your neighbor, you have done right and obeyed yet another command.

If you STEAL from your neighbor, you have HARMED your neighbor, AND NOW YOU ARE GUILTY OF BREAKING THE WHOLE ROYAL LAW OF LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOR.

Do you understand now? Please study what I said so that we can truly debate.

This why is YOU are a slave, yes Satan's slave...and you want to lead others into the same bondage you are in.
I am a slave to righteousness.

Why I say you are a liar is because you KNOW you do not obey the law.

I obey the new law the law of Christ.

heir

TOL Subscriber
We do not have to get CIRCUMCISED IN THE FLESH, but we have to believe and obey Jesus and repent of our sins.
No. We trust the Lord believing that Christ died for our sins and that He was buried and rose again the third day and are saved (1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV). Believing the gospel of Christ is believing that all trespasses are already forgiven (2 Corinthians 5:19 KJV, 2 Corinthians 5:21 KJV, Ephesians 4:32 KJV, Colossians 2:13 KJV).

Jamie Gigliotti

The point is we need God to Love. To obey His command to love. You can not do that on your own. You need Him! Why do you refuse Him? It is only your pride that says you don't need Him and His Spirit to obey.
"Beloved let us love one another, for love is from God, and whoever loves has been born of God and knows God." 1 John 4:7
"We love because He first loved us." 1 John 4:19
We need Him, we need His love to love; to obey the royal law of love.

God's Truth

No. We trust the Lord believing that Christ died for our sins and that He was buried and rose again the third day and are saved (1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV). Believing the gospel of Christ is believing that all trespasses are already forgiven (2 Corinthians 5:19 KJV, 2 Corinthians 5:21 KJV, Ephesians 4:32 KJV, Colossians 2:13 KJV).

Jesus died for our sins that is about the sins we repent of and no longer do.

Jesus didn't die so that you can sin and it be okay.

God's Truth

The point is we need God to Love. To obey His command to love. You can not do that on your own. You need Him! Why do you refuse Him? It is only your pride that says you don't need Him and His Spirit to obey.
"Beloved let us love one another, for love is from God, and whoever loves has been born of God and knows God." 1 John 4:7
"We love because He first loved us." 1 John 4:19
We need Him, we need His love to love; to obey the royal law of love.

You are making up things that are not true. If anyone wants to be saved they have to obey Jesus' words; so how do you EVER get that is refusing him?

Jesus gives his Holy Spirit to those who obey. Why do you refuse what Jesus Christ himself says?

See John 14:23, and Acts 5:32.