Works, Salvation, Merit

heir

TOL Subscriber
I speak of obedience to Christ.

You speak lies. You are going about to establish your own righteousness and have not submitted yourself unto the righteousness of God (Romans 10:3 KJV) which is by trusting the Lord believing the gospel of Christ as the means by which man is saved today (1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV). For therein (in the gospel of Christ) is the righteousness of God revealed (Romans 1:16-17 KJV).

heir

TOL Subscriber
Jesus died for our sins that is about the sins we repent of and no longer do.
You are sadly mistaken. All of our sins were in the future when Christ was delivered for our offences and was raised again for our justification (Romans 4:25 KJV). If Christ died for one sin (and He did), then He died for all (and He did 2 Corinthians 5:19 KJV, Colossians 2:11-13 KJV). Trust the Lord believing that Christ did that for you as sufficient to save you (1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV).

God's Truth

You speak lies. You are going about to establish your own righteousness and have not submitted yourself unto the righteousness of God (Romans 10:3 KJV) which is by trusting the Lord believing the gospel of Christ as the means by which man is saved today (1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV). For therein (in the gospel of Christ) is the righteousness of God revealed (Romans 1:16-17 KJV).

Why do you go against obeying Jesus? Who is behind that? Think about it.

God's Truth

You are sadly mistaken. All of our sins were in the future when Christ was delivered for our offences and was raised again for our justification (Romans 4:25 KJV). If Christ died for one sin (and He did), then He died for all (and He did 2 Corinthians 5:19 KJV, Colossians 2:11-13 KJV). Trust the Lord believing that Christ did that for you as sufficient to save you (1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV).

Jesus says repent or perish. Why don't you believe Jesus?

Jamie Gigliotti

You went against me when you said we do not have to obey Jesus to be saved. When you said that, you DID say we do not have to obey Jesus.

Repent or perish.

Who said that?

Do you understand it?

I never said that we don't have to obey Jesus. I said obeying Jesus does not take away grace, because the only way one loves like Jesus, is by Jesus, through Jesus, with faith in Jesus, by His reconciling work on the cross and the unmerrited connection to the Holy Spirit. His love is not just mental, or emotional but Spiritual as well. We love because we turned to Him in faith and away from sin and His loved filled our hearts.

"And hope does not put us to shame, because God's love has been poured into our hearts by the Holy Spirit, who been given to us." Romans 5:5

Interplanner

The classic position of the Christian church is that sin is both a debt and a moral force. You will have total confusion if you mix the two sides of it. Even in a hymn "Rock of Ages" this is acknowledged. If you think the debt can be dealt with by human effort, you will have one problem. If you think the moral degenerating force can be totally stopped or was totally stopped when you "accepted Christ" (an expression of dubious origin), you will have an arrogance called perfectionism. If you don't realize when the NT is speaking about one, and not the other, you will have confusion.

God's Truth

I never said that we don't have to obey Jesus. I said obeying Jesus does not take away grace, because the only way one loves like Jesus, is by Jesus, through Jesus, with faith in Jesus, by His reconciling work on the cross and the unmerrited connection to the Holy Spirit. His love is not just mental, or emotional but Spiritual as well. We love because we turned to Him in faith and away from sin and His loved filled our hearts.

"And hope does not put us to shame, because God's love has been poured into our hearts by the Holy Spirit, who been given to us." Romans 5:5

You did say we do not have to obey Jesus to be saved.

Jesus says to repent to be saved.

God's Truth

That doesn't address heir's statement and you throw in a ad hominem.

It does address heir's statement.

Repent or perish is what Jesus says.

Jesus' words are life.

You want me to believe they stop being life.

You need to look at how Israel did sacrifices. When you had sinned you would lay your hands on the sacrifice, put your sin onto the offering, and then kill it because atonement is in the blood. We stopped doing animal sacrifices because we would sin again so we would need to sacrifice again. Contrasting between animal and what Christ did. Once purified they stay purified under Christs rule. Thats why in 1 John you can see how when they say a Christian cannot continue to sin, it is impossible, they have been born of God etc. Thats because Jesus blotted out sin.

Jesus blotted out the sins you confess and repent of doing.

Christ has once and for all, blotted out sin through his water baptism (which can be looked at as laying of hands)

You should be more careful about what you say the Bible says. Where does the Bible say that?

and his crucifixion (where he atoned for sin). Is resurrected and is the living mediator between god and man. Read first paragraph of Hebrews 10.

So I am sinless. How does that make you feel that I believe Jesus has well, obliterated sin in my life through his righteous work?

If you still sin, then you are not sinless.

Jesus did not die so that you could sin and say you did not.
When you tell someone to repent what do you mean by that? Biblical repentance is not even a prayer but a change of heart, to stop doing evil and to do good.

Repentance is being sorry for your sins and to stop doing them.

God's Truth

Why do you speak lies about what is required for salvation? Who is behind that? Think about it.

Jesus said repent or perish.

Jesus' words are Spirit and full of life.

Who is behind the teaching that Jesus' words are no longer life if he said it before his death and ascension?

heir

TOL Subscriber
Who is behind the teaching that Jesus' words are no longer life if he said it before his death and ascension?
Paul tells us that we know no man after the flesh, not even Christ (2 Corinthians 5:16 KJV)! We know the Lord by His appearing to the apostle Paul (2 Timothy 1:8-10 KJV)!

God's Truth

Paul tells us that we know no man after the flesh, not even Christ (2 Corinthians 5:16 KJV)! We know the Lord by His appearing to the apostle Paul (2 Timothy 1:8-10 KJV)!

I can hardly believe that you think Paul was nullifying all the words Jesus said while he was alive!

God's Truth

nope. It's one of these (1 Timothy 4:1 KJV)

You preach an other gospel (Galatians 1:8-9 KJV) and I know exactly who is behind that (2 Corinthians 11:13-15 KJV)!

I speak of there being only one gospel, as preached by Jesus while he walked the earth, and the same gospel that Paul preached.

How do you ever get that is another gospel?

YOU ADMIT to believing another gospel.