Why would any conservative support Donald Trump?

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
No way convincing you. I think he will try to have Arabs profiled, especially those who are Muslims.

He will try to deport illegals on their records, which means individual attention, as to a specific act. this is something the new ideology objects

He is more likely to help avoid capital gains tax raises.

He may be more likely to run against the UN ideology
While Trump may be "likely" to do those things (as you say), Cruz is far stronger on all 3 of those issues.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
I think Donald is cashing in on his celebrity and using it to tap into the frustration and fear that is currently present. He is a pro-choice liberal who has defended plan parenthood and then suddenly pretends he is prolife. The very fact that he has such little respect for his own marriages via his cheating and lying shows him to be untrustworthy.

I do not think those who vote for him care about this/ how can they care about it and then vote for him? I voted in Alabama for Cruz, and trump won big. Why did he win? Cruz is better Christian, and there are many Christians in Alabama?

Maybe they think anyone who will npt outright deny the likes of David duke, is not someone who will bend to political preasure? Cruz is the better man, but Cruz is a politician; he cannot alienate everyone, and today, most Republicans are going to shy from human rights issues.

I do not think all those who voted for him are vicious 'racists', but I do think they are against the idea all cultures are equal and all religions are equal. The extreme 'equal' position is not the same as being a white supremacist, it is more like being "American First'.

Donald trump is all these things, wish-washy, self-centered, me first' 'the ends justify the means/ heck, if he had to be like Huey P. long to get elected he would! Why people vote for him? many are feeling the main political ideology is leftist 'movie star' ideology and they are sick of it. So, they do not care if he was, or is whatever, as long as he fights for himself, as that is what many people wish they could do.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
While Trump may be "likely" to do those things (as you say), Cruz is far stronger on all 3 of those issues.
You think so?
Look, I would much rather have Cruz, just on human merit alone he is the better man.

I do not think most of these voters think you are right.

Trumps voters think he will put America first and fight against foreigners, no matter how much the mainstream is opposed to this so called 'racism".

They do not think Cruz will sacrifice himself politically for his own pleasure, and they think Trump will do it, not for them, just to show the mainstream it can be done. Those who are voting for him think they will benefit from his own selfish desires.

And then Hillary will, win. this us the shame of it. there are more who think the current ideology is correct, than those who oppose it/

Cruz is more compromising; he must be as the act of being political is being to compromise.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
For anyone who would make the statement that it's about not trusting politicians ...

Donald Trump IS a politician. He took on that role the moment he stepped into the political arena ...

But he does not really care about it. This man has so much wealth he thinks he is a god. Look at his comments, "they will get along with me, or else!"

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
But he does not really care about it. This man has so much wealth he thinks he is a god. Look at his comments, "they will get along with me, or else!"

Precisely ... he doesn't care about it. By it ... I mean the country and our people. He likes the idea of being the most powerful man in the United States. The guy is an immoral egomaniac.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
Precisely ... he doesn't care about it. By it ... I mean the country and our people. He likes the idea of being the most powerful man in the United States. The guy is an immoral egomaniac.

You are right. The people did not choose Pat Buchanan; he was the last to hold the "America first' position.

These Trump voters are fed up with politics; however, that is what we have, politics.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Exactly. The guy's neither a liberal or conservative but simply a one prat ego trip...

Interestingly enough, the attack ads are starting to appear (of Trump's THIRD wife, Melania). I have never known of another candidate whose First Lady has a history of being anything but ... or a presidential candidate who was in Playboy Magazine.

Nice family values.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I think it's the tough-guy persona. It appeals to a lot of people who see Obama as weak, and who crave someone who seems tougher, in the belief that somehow the US will be better off.

There is a different between being tough VS being a bully. Donald is just belligerent.

ClimateSanity

I think it's the tough-guy persona. It appeals to a lot of people who see Obama as weak, and who crave someone who seems tougher, in the belief that somehow the US will be better off.

He isn't cowed and bullied by the media. He will not apologize for being politically correct. Thanks mistaken for being a tough guy. He just isn't afraid of anyone in the sense they can hurt him politically. He says exactly what he thinks. That isn't being tough; it's being courageous. Most politicians watch every word they say for fear of being interrogated by the media. Once they get you to apologize for something, there is blood in the water and your days are over politically. In other sections of our culture, if you have any game or influence at all, one mispoken word can get you fired or your product boycotted. These are the acts of a bully. There are scads of them around in the media.

In short, one big reason I and many others support Trump is that he has no fear of these bullies and refuses to be silenced by political correctness. This is pleasing because it holds the prospect of one day getting rid of political correctness.