Why would any conservative support Donald Trump?

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
He will be staunchly Pro - Life

So you believe that someone who was previously pro-abortion will suddenly change his values to prolife? Seriously? Trump can't even make up his mind as to whether or not he is against all abortions or who should be punished for abortions.

Also, he has no less of a sleazy history insofar as being promiscuous as many other notorious celebrities.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
So you believe that someone who was previously pro-abortion will suddenly change his values to prolife? Seriously? Trump can't even make up his mind as to whether or not he is against all abortions or who should be punished for abortions.

Also, he has no less of a sleazy history insofar as being promiscuous as many other notorious celebrities.

As I pointed out perhaps here or in another thread, America loves a womanizer - JFK, Slick Willy Clinton etc. That doesn't mean he's still like that. He is near 70 years old and a grandfather. Trump is Pro-Life now at this point in his life.

As I also said earlier, it was a loaded question that IF abortion was illegal should the mother be punished for getting one. Legally speaking, yes, she broke the law, in addition to the provider(s). He then took pity on the mom after being told to for popular opinion and focused on said provider. He was right the first time and that was his gut reaction. Trump knows where he stands on abortion.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
As I pointed out perhaps here or in another thread, America loves a womanizer - JFK, Slick Willy Clinton etc. That doesn't mean he's still like that. He is near 70 years old and a grandfather. Trump is Pro-Life now at this point.

So he is the best person for the job ... because he is a womanizer ... and American's love that. :plain:

As I also said earlier, it was a loaded question that IF abortion was illegal should the mother be punished for getting one.

That most certainly is *not* a loaded question ... it's the reasonable conclusion IF he truly believes that abortion is the intentional killing of a child. I think parents who kill their children OR hire someone else to kill their children should be charged as such.

Legally speaking, yes, she broke the law, in addition to the provider(s). He then took pity on the mom after being told to for popular opinion and focused on said provider. He was right the first time and that was his gut reaction. Trump knows where he stands on abortion.

I KNOW that anyone who is staunchly against abortion has thought about the issue enough to know who is responsible and who should be held accountable. IF women did not seek out abortions, abortion doctors would not exist. I KNOW exactly why he answered as he did.

Trump knows he is not popular with women voters and believes that if he pretends to be tough on abortion but not on the women who abort, he will win them over.

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
That most certainly is *not* a loaded question ... it's the reasonable conclusion IF he truly believes that abortion is the intentional killing of a child. I think parents who kill their children OR hire someone else to kill their children should be charged as such.
It very clearly was a loaded question. It was a loaded interview! Christ Mathews doesn't give a rip about woman or babies or murderers. He wanted to hit Trump POLITICALLY, not morally! Anyone who's paying even half attention can see that.

I KNOW that anyone who is staunchly against abortion has thought about the issue enough to know who is responsible and who should be held accountable. IF women did not seek out abortions, abortion doctors would not exist. I KNOW exactly why he answered as he did.

Trump knows he is not popular with women voters and believes that if he pretends to be tough on abortion but not on the women who abort, he will win them over.

Trump's instinct was to punish the woman if she broke the law! What are you even talking about? He walked it back because he figured out he had stepped in a POLITICAL trap but his instinct was that of a law and order guy who was asked whether you should punish a person if they break the law.

I'm no Trump fan and I really hope he does NOT win the nomination but he is not going to be the disaster everyone is freaking out about if he wins the Presidency. Hillary Clinton is the one we aught to be afraid of. If she wins the White House its over. It'll take a revolution, an all out, bullets flying revolution to undo the damage the Democrats are in the process of doing if they are not stopped THIS November.

Clete

kmoney

Hall of Fame
Loaded question: A "loaded question", like a loaded gun, is a dangerous thing. A loaded question is a question with a false or questionable presupposition, and it is "loaded" with that presumption. The question "Have you stopped beating your wife?" presupposes that you have beaten your wife prior to its asking, as well as that you have a wife. If you are unmarried, or have never beaten your wife, then the question is loaded.

I don't see how what Matthews asked Trump falls under that. :idunno:

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
Loaded question: A "loaded question", like a loaded gun, is a dangerous thing. A loaded question is a question with a false or questionable presupposition, and it is "loaded" with that presumption. The question "Have you stopped beating your wife?" presupposes that you have beaten your wife prior to its asking, as well as that you have a wife. If you are unmarried, or have never beaten your wife, then the question is loaded.

If abortion is re-criminalized, then

women who abort their children should be punished

how did matthews think the soundbite was going to propagate?

with or without the qualifier in red?

kmoney

Hall of Fame

If abortion is re-criminalized, then

women who abort their children should be punished

how did matthews think the soundbite was going to propagate?

with or without the qualifier in red?

How would punishment be given if it isn't criminalized?

kmoney

Hall of Fame
you think the average voter thinks that deeply?

or do you think they hear the soundbite being propagated: "trump said that women should be punished for having abortions!"

It may have been broadcast like that but it doesn't mean it was a loaded question. The media uses soundbites that get interpreted differently when divorced from their context all the time but it doesn't mean the original question was loaded. That's the fault of the subsequent reporting, not the original question. Though I don't doubt Matthews was hoping to make Trump look bad.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned

A loaded question is simply an inquiry rigged to open a can of worms.

No matter how Trump responded, it would have caused him trouble. That's a loaded question.

In fact, the whole matter of abortion in the presidential ring is a loaded subject. Since when has a president ever done anything about abortion?
That's right- never.
Because they can't.

rexlunae

Ah, always a skeptic when it goes to Trump's side.

The actual fact of the matter is that what was seen on that tape is normal jostling that goes on. You'll see in anytime there are crowds and reporters or crowds and candidates. There is no way that was a case of battery. But, I understand quite well the double standard that exists. It's a joke.

And, if Fox is so biased then they should have gotten rid of Megan Kelly. But, that's different, right?

Seems the prosecutor agrees with you.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/04/13/politics/corey-lewandowski-donald-trump-charges-dropped/

IMJerusha

So I ask..... why would a conservative support Donald Trump?? :idunno:

Oh, I don't know, I guess because, whether they like it or not, he's the best hope of the RNC against Hillary. No, he's not conservative America's darling but I seriously doubt there will be a conservative America left if Hillary gets in. I'd give real money to stop her constant prattling about how all women in America support her. We don't!

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
I may well do it if it looks lie Hillary will win. My hope is for Ted Cruz. I do not trust Trump; he is too rich and too goofy.

ClimateSanity

...and imaginary.

Most liberals see their way of seeing the world as normal and just the way life is. Their leftist ways are not detected by them and they see others who point out their bias as deluded and based on the others "biased" point of view. It's literally impossible for you to see trump as anything other than what the left wing media as spoon-fed you. Anything contradictory to that narrative is blown off as delusional.