Why would any conservative support Donald Trump?

Greg Jennings

You know that's not how it works. All politicians are fact-checked, and they should expect to be fact-checked. Why in the world would you excuse Trump from it?

If you think Trump cares that he's fact-checked, then you've been missing out. He's mastered the appeal to emotion in a time where emotions are running high. Additionally, he has said himself previously that he is a huge fan of using hyperbole in order to make a point. That's a rule he has taken with him to the realm of politics. Honestly, he might have completely changed the game

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
If you think Trump cares that he's fact-checked, then you've been missing out. He's mastered the appeal to emotion in a time where emotions are running high. Additionally, he has said himself previously that he is a huge fan of using hyperbole in order to make a point. That's a rule he has taken with him to the realm of politics. Honestly, he might have completely changed the game

I don't care what Trump cares about, I care that any voter would excuse Trump from fact-checking because his speeches are "conversational, and not meant to be researched," because that's exactly what's wrong with the thinking of Trump supporters.

And yes, Trump uses emotion because he's a nativist and a demagogue. He's not the first politician to be a nativist and a demagogue, but he is the first politician to be a nativist, a demagogue, a reality show host and a beauty pageant owner. What a guy...

ClimateSanity

You know that's not how it works. All politicians are fact-checked, and they should expect to be fact-checked. Why in the world would you excuse Trump from it?

I am saying that it is false to claim Trump is going out there and deliberately lying. Much of his speeches are impromptu. Of course he should expect his speeches to be fact checked, but it is disingenuous to find some problems in his speech and then use that as evidence he is a liar and makes up his own truth. He believes everything he says. Rex is using fact checking to make Trump out to be a liar.

ClimateSanity

I don't care what Trump cares about, I care that any voter would excuse Trump from fact-checking because his speeches are "conversational, and not meant to be researched," because that's exactly what's wrong with the thinking of Trump supporters.

And yes, Trump uses emotion because he's a nativist and a demagogue. He's not the first politician to be a nativist and a demagogue, but he is the first politician to be a nativist, a demagogue, a reality show host and a beauty pageant owner. What a guy...

You cannot have an impromptu speech and fact check at the same time. What's wrong with not expecting fact checking? We want to know what be thinks and what his attitude is. We are not dumb enough to assume everything he is saying is factually correct. We know the mainstream media is all too willing to pick his speeches apart. We can then do further research on our to find out just what the truth is. It's what I do. His words are constantly being parsed looking for a gotcha moment. The internet is then full of information from people either defending what he said or attacking it. Trump supporters have a mind of their own and can find the truth themselves without relying on jake tapper etc...

glorydaz

Not accurate, because Trump is a politician now. No going back on that one, he's there.\

He's never yet held any political office. Running for office will never qualify anyone to be a politician.

But the description of a spine with legs leaves out a brain, among other important organs, so I'll grant you that much...

SO what has a spine and legs but no brain? Try again.

ClimateSanity

What's the difference in your mind between a nativist and someone who wants what is best for its citizens and believes in secure borders?

Foxfire

Not accurate, because Trump is a politician now. No going back on that one, he's there.\

But the description of a spine with legs leaves out a brain, among other important organs, so I'll grant you that much...

iu

glorydaz

You gotta love the blanket statements. Let's fact check it, shall we?

There ya go with the name calling. It's so simple to be a liberal. :rotfl:

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
You cannot have an impromptu speech and fact check at the same time. What's wrong with not expecting fact checking? We want to know what be thinks and what his attitude is. We are not dumb enough to assume everything he is saying is factually correct. We know the mainstream media is all too willing to pick his speeches apart. We can then do further research on our to find out just what the truth is. It's what I do. His words are constantly being parsed looking for a gotcha moment. The internet is then full of information from people either defending what he said or attacking it. Trump supporters have a mind of their own and can find the truth themselves without relying on jake tapper etc...

Trump shouldn't say anything that he isn't sure is true and accurate. Period. If he's just going to shoot his mouth off and expect all his supporters to excuse him when he's wrong then... oh wait, they're already doing that.

Of course his words are being parsed. That's part and parcel of running for office. He doesn't get a pass any more than any other politician.

ClimateSanity

Reality show host, beauty pageant owner, nativist, demagogue. Four ad hominems without telling us anything of substance.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass

You're wasting your time posting to me, anything you have to say to me is dead on arrival. You showed your true self in the rape threads and your words are dead, dead, dead.

ClimateSanity

Trump shouldn't say anything that he isn't sure is true and accurate. Period. If he's just going to shoot his mouth off and expect all his supporters to excuse him when he's wrong then... oh wait, they're already doing that.

Of course his words are being parsed. That's part and parcel of running for office. He doesn't get a pass any more than any other politician.

I'm sorry but that argument is all washed up. Political speeches are not supposed to be scoured over looking for the smallest thing wrong. All I can say is I do not agree with your stance on this in any shape manner or form.

ClimateSanity

Oh, is reality show host an ad hominem? A beauty pageant owner? :chuckle: Better tell Trump, he's proud of his accomplishments.

They are certainly adhominem when they are used to assassinate a character. I remember constant attacks on my character when I became climate sanity. There was no attempt to engage me on any point of argument. It was all adhominem.