Why men won't marry you

Arthur Brain

Because for one thing, I'm a woman who knows what she likes in her mate; for another, I'm a mother of 4 daughters and before getting married I studied the issue as well as talked to many girls in my peer group.

In fact, I can even draw from a very large comment group of young women. Would you like to hear what actual single women think about seeking out a highly intelligent man? My bet is that they would rate a guy who was smarter than them as hotter than a guy who was as smart as them or less.

If you were rating the hotness of the intellect of a possible mate, would you put the smartest woman on the hottest end of the scale?

Well I would think you would know what you find desirable in a mate 1PM, after all, nobody else can know that for you. Does that and other anecdotal "evidence" make you a spokesperson for women in general? Nooooooo, it doesn't.

Like a guy who likes blondes thinking his preference extends to most men because some of his 'peers' prefer the same.

I don't have a "rating system" for 'hotness' where it comes to intellect so you'll have to excuse me on that score...

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Chick?

You are a fool and a contentious woman.

Because calling a teen a chick, means im foolish and contentious, or is it because i wont lie down and have you or your immature wife tell me what to think?

Im guess the latter.

Your answer tells us nothing about what constitutes the ability to completely take care of oneself.

If you don't know how to be able to completely take care of yourself at your age, i feel bad for you.

Could you "completely take of yourself" at the time you were married, and at what age did you meet that standard?

yes, and the last part of your question is none of your business. I was an adult, thats all you need to know.

1PeaceMaker

I already told you to provide an example. Did you forget? You brought it up, then i told you that different people call different things abuse.

NO you are refusing to answer a simple question. Here it is again, starting from post #1063.

Do you, A4T, believe that Paul was telling women to stay in abusive marriages?

That is a yes or no question. You refused to answer it.

Are you telling me that Paul is saying to stay in some kinds of abusive marriages?

Provide an example and ill tell you if i think its abuse.

I don't have to do that, because I'll just take whatever definition you want to use for abuse. It doesn't matter.

You want to talk about "actual abuse" I didn't start in on that kind of nonsense.

I take a wider stance. I believe only the woman being abused can answer before God whether or not it's time to leave. Only she knows if the abuse constitutes behavior that God doesn't want her to tolerate.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
NO you are refusing to answer a simple question. Here it is again, starting from post #1063.

Do you, A4T, believe that Paul was telling women to stay in abusive marriages?

That is a yes or no question. You refused to answer it.

Are you telling me that Paul is saying to stay in some kinds of abusive marriages?

I don't have to do that, because I'll just take whatever definition you want to use for abuse. It doesn't matter.

You want to talk about "actual abuse" I didn't start in on that kind of nonsense.

I take a wider stance. I believe only the woman being abused can answer before God whether or not it's time to leave. Only she knows if the abuse constitutes behavior that God doesn't want her to tolerate.

And as usual, you are out of context and disingenous, no more conversation for you. When you want to be honest and provide an example, we can continue, till then, buh bye on this topic.

1PeaceMaker

And as usual, you are out of context and disingenous, no more conversation for you. When you want to be honest and provide an example, we can continue, till then, buh bye on this topic.

I can see you can't answer whether or not a woman can/should stay in an abusive (abusive by YOUR terms) marriage.

You can't even answer if it fits my terms.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Then I guess you wouldn't know whether women find geniuses more attractive than men of slower intellect.

I don't speak for other women, but as most men are not geniuses and most men get married at some point, id say it works out.

You can pretend you speak for all women though, you dont mind looking like a nut clearly.

1PeaceMaker

I don't speak for other women, but as most men are not geniuses and most men get married at some point, id say it works out.

You can pretend you speak for all women though, you dont mind looking like a nut clearly.

I can say that women generally find strong men more attractive.

And smart men.

A kindergarten boy could figure that out.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Go read post #1083 on this thread. Then you will be ready to answer. Notice how Rusha has reacted to that post. She refuses to address it. Just read a few of the posts after that one, to see what I mean.

Because I understand you well enough to know the actual intent of *those* questions ...

I am not playing more of your addled-reasoning word games.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
I can see you can't answer whether or not a woman can/should stay in an abusive (abusive by YOUR terms) marriage.
yes, i did answer THAT question and no, i am not wasting my night chasing down quotes so you can claim you made a mistake, your back hurts, your mental issue is acting up, your keyboard is on the blink, your kids kept you busy or whatever excuse you want to toss out when people are forced to prove what they say for you to dismiss it with a lame excuse but never an apology for your mistake/lie.

You can't even answer if it fits my terms.

Sweetie, when has you telling me what to do, ever worked in your favor?

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

And smart men.

Perhaps it takes a kindergarten girl to *figure out* that strong men refers to character, not attitude.

elohiym

Because calling a teen a chick, means im foolish and contentious, or is it because i wont lie down and have you or your immature wife tell me what to think?

Is that sentence an example of your intelligence?

elohiym said:
Your answer tells us nothing about what constitutes the ability to completely take care of oneself.
If you don't know how to be able to completely take care of yourself at your age, i feel bad for you.

Punt if you want. You can't explain what constitutes the ability to completely take care of oneself. I knew that.

yes, and the last part of your question is none of your business. I was an adult, thats all you need to know.

Hide the facts that undermine your argument. Thanks.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame

And smart men.

You didn't say smart, or strong men, you said geniuses. As most men by far do not meet the genius level - you just showed as usual, you are a disingenuous shyster, nothing more nothing less.

Then I guess you wouldn't know whether women find geniuses more attractive than men of slower intellect.

Now, we are finished, your nothing but a lying hack.