Why men won't marry you

Arthur Brain

Uh, because you seem to be implying that and I'm asking for clarification. Are you dodging?

No, you made a statement that women would generally prefer a smarter mate hence 'why'? The onus is on you to answer that question.

I'm not attracted to dumb women beyond an initial physical attraction. Are you?

How are you defining "dumb"? Physical attraction is one thing and I've been attracted to a myriad beautiful women on that basis alone in my life for sure. The meaningful attractions I've had have been with those with sharp, passionate and thoughtful minds, plus similar interests.

Do you concede it makes a difference if my wife is smarter or equally smart, or do you claim it makes no difference whatsoever?

It wouldn't make any difference to me quite frankly. It's not exactly a competition...

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Hmmn no wonder some of these men want them so young, before the chicks gain more intelligence, so the men can feel more intelligent. Get em before they learn stuff. Learn something new every day.

Arthur Brain

Life based experience = half baked crap. Sociological theory held to strongly without cause= wisdom

That's why the western world is messed up.

Oh please. He wasn't even 'arguing' from 'life based experience' but simply a nutty version of his own preferred ideal of what most women apparently want goofball. He's got nowt more than that and if you think most women want to be regarded as intellectually inferior to men in the "smarts" department you're as deluded as he is.

Unreal...

elohiym

No, you made a statement that women would generally prefer a smarter mate hence 'why'? The onus is on you to answer that question.

No. Read it again. I specifically asked you this: Are you implying that women generally don't want an intelligent mate? You can answer that yes or no, so please do.

How are you defining "dumb"?

Stupid, obviously.

The meaningful attractions I've had have been with those with sharp, passionate and thoughtful minds, plus similar interests.

By sharp and thoughtful you mean they were intelligent, right?

It wouldn't make any difference to me quite frankly. It's not exactly a competition...

Would you gain any benefit if your wife was smarter than you?

elohiym

Hmmn no wonder some of these men want them so young,

Back for more evil surmising.

before the chicks gain more intelligence,

Chicks? :think: They're not as intelligent as you?

so the men can feel more intelligent.

Feeling more intelligent wouldn't be worth the burden.

Get em before they learn stuff. Learn something new every day.

Did you ever learn the qualifications for marriage? List them.

Arthur Brain

If women generally want an intelligent mate it follows they would prefer someone smarter than someone dumber or "equally smart." Are you implying that women generally don't want an intelligent mate?

No. Read it again. I specifically asked you this: Are you implying that women generally don't want an intelligent mate? You can answer that yes or no, so please do.

I didn't "imply" any such thing. I was asking you why it would apparently follow that a woman would prefer someone smarter, not that they wouldn't want an intelligent partner.

Stupid, obviously.

Then define "stupid" then or else you're doing what here? Your idea of 'stupid' or 'dumb' may simply mean a woman who doesn't agree with you on certain issues so you really need to set this out a bit more clearly.

By sharp and thoughtful you mean they were intelligent, right?

Yes, highly so, and had no time for 'positions' such as Yorzhiks or any other form of ignorance.

In some areas I'm sure I would, as she would in turn from my own strengths. I've never been bothered by a woman having an IQ higher than my own or the equivalent which is pretty much what this comes down to in effect isn't it?

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Chicks? :think: They're not as intelligent as you?

No, a chick that would suggest polygamy for your marriage, is not as intelligent as me. Evidence:

Yeah, she posted in the past, but that was a dismal failure. :chuckle:. Now she just reads from time-to-time. She enjoys posting on unassisted child birth forums more.

Anyway, my wife thinks polygamy is acceptable, and she has even suggested it for our marriage.However, I am opposed to polygamy for our marriage. One woman is enough for me...and about all I can tolerate. :chuckle:

Feeling more intelligent wouldn't be worth the burden
I agree that babysitting ones spouse, would be a burden.

Did you ever learn the qualifications for marriage? List them.

The ability to completely take care of oneself. If you aren't yet capable to completely take care of yourself, you aren't capable of taking care of a family.

PS, the second you start lying and twisting what i say like your wife does, don't expect further response.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
I didn't. I simply asked why a woman would want to marry a man that does not see her and value her as the gift from God that she is? My wife is my partner and my friend. She is not not dumb nor is she week. She is focused and rational enough to become a pharmacist. And she is still a mother and yes that is an incredible miracle. My wife is not somebody I rule over, she is my partner in life.

:thumb:

elohiym

I didn't "imply" any such thing. I was asking you why it would apparently follow that a woman would prefer someone smarter, not that they wouldn't want an intelligent partner.

Smarter is better than smart, and it's human nature to prefer the better. When given the choice between being smart or smarter, I think it's fair to say most people would choose smarter.

Then define "stupid" then or else you're doing what here?

I provided the dictionary definition of dumb relevant to this discussion and the claims being made. We are obviously not discussing people who can't speak.

Your idea of 'stupid' or 'dumb' may simply mean a woman who doesn't agree with you on certain issues so you really need to set this out a bit more clearly.

Stupid means lacking intelligence or common sense. Again, I'm giving you the dictionary definition. Nobody seeks a partner they believe lacks intelligence or common sense.

elohiym said:
In some areas I'm sure I would...

Then surely you see my point now.

I've never been bothered by a woman having an IQ higher than my own or the equivalent which is pretty much what this comes down to in effect isn't it?

Do you believe a woman would be bothered having a lower IQ than her husband? You've given me the impression you think that would bother a woman even though you claim it wouldn't bother you.

Arthur Brain

Talk to me when you have finished addressing what is abuse within a marriage. Until then you have no room to even offer an opinion on what your own gender wants.

Physical, sexual and emotional violence? Bullying of any sort? How many do you need? What on earth makes you think you're qualified to speak on what 'most women want' by way of, or what others say that you agree with for that matter? Unless you live in some secluded part of the world where you're not aware of what goes on then it's transparently obvious that most women do not tie in with Yorzhik, those that live where they have a voice anyway...

1PeaceMaker

Hmmn no wonder some of these men want them so young, before the chicks gain more intelligence, so the men can feel more intelligent. Get em before they learn stuff. Learn something new every day.

Hey Angel4Truth, since you are still here, what constitutes the kind of abuse that justifies leaving a marriage?

1PeaceMaker

Physical, sexual and emotional violence? Bullying of any sort? How many do you need? What on earth makes you think you're qualified to speak on what 'most women want' by way of, or what others say that you agree with for that matter? Unless you live in some secluded part of the world where you're not aware of what goes on then it's transparently obvious that most women do not tie in with Yorzhik, those that live where they have a voice anyway...

Go read post #1083 on this thread. Then you will be ready to answer. Notice how Rusha has reacted to that post. She refuses to address it. Just read a few of the posts after that one, to see what I mean.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Hey Angel4Truth, since you are still here, what constitutes the kind of abuse that justifies leaving a marriage?

I already told you to provide an example. Did you forget? You brought it up, then i told you that different people call different things abuse.

Provide an example and ill tell you if i think its abuse.

If you still don't want to answer and want to go off the deep end like you did before, there wont be anything to discuss, let me know when you actually want to answer what you were asked.

Arthur Brain

Smarter is better than smart, and it's human nature to prefer the better. When given the choice between being smart or smarter, I think it's fair to say most people would choose smarter.

So then why wouldn't a woman prefer to be smarter than her partner then if that's the 'preferable option'?

I provided the dictionary definition of dumb relevant to this discussion and the claims being made. We are obviously not discussing people who can't speak.

Stupid means lacking intelligence or common sense. Again, I'm giving you the dictionary definition. Nobody seeks a partner they believe lacks intelligence or common sense.

Some do, if they think they can manipulate them because of it, but okay, let's run with that definition for now.

Then surely you see my point now.

I don't see how you've really made one given my answer on that.

Do you believe a woman would be bothered having a lower IQ than her husband? You've given me the impression you think that would bother a woman even though you claim it wouldn't bother you.

I don't think either a man or a woman should be that bothered about it frankly. That was the point dude so you've got the wrong impression.

1PeaceMaker

What on earth makes you think you're qualified to speak on what 'most women want'

Because for one thing, I'm a woman who knows what she likes in her mate; for another, I'm a mother of 4 daughters and before getting married I studied the issue as well as talked to many girls in my peer group.

In fact, I can even draw from a very large comment group of young women. Would you like to hear what actual single women think about seeking out a highly intelligent man? My bet is that they would rate a guy who was smarter than them as hotter than a guy who was as smart as them or less.

If you were rating the hotness of the intellect of a possible mate, would you put the smartest woman on the hottest end of the scale?

Arthur Brain

Go read post #1083 on this thread. Then you will be ready to answer. Notice how Rusha has reacted to that post. She refuses to address it. Just read a few of the posts after that one, to see what I mean.

I already viewed that exchange and you were addressed and you just kept clinging to that post as if it was a winning lottery ticket. It wasn't.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Because for one thing, I'm a woman who knows what she likes in her mate; for another, I'm a mother of 4 daughters and before getting married I studied the issue as well as talked to many girls in my peer group.

Which aren't qualifications for you to speak for all women, only for you to speak for yourself.

elohiym

No, a chick that would suggest polygamy for your marriage, is not as intelligent as me.

Chick?

You are a fool and a contentious woman.

The ability to completely take care of oneself. If you aren't yet capable to completely take care of yourself, you aren't capable of taking care of a family.

Your answer tells us nothing about what constitutes the ability to completely take care of oneself.

Could you "completely take of yourself" at the time you were married, and at what age did you meet that standard?