Why men won't marry you

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
[Intelligence study] Uh oh. :shocked: :think:

:chuckle: Battle of the sexes. :box: Gal. 3:28

She is subject to him (Gen. 3:16). He is to understand her (1 Pe 3:7).

battleofthesexes.jpg

1PeaceMaker

Look, my point was that "smarts" isn't dependent on gender - at all.

Are males inferior because their brains are less well shielded from toxins and insults?

Are they inferior because they die more frequently in a polluted or deficient womb?

I don't mind if males were smarter. I think that's what nature intended. But this society is poisoning male brains and it's a miracle you can think at all.

So when some misogynist blabbers on

Then the misandrists come out of the woodwork. Even if it's not really a mysogynist, sometimes.

It's almost like a "who's the biggest bigot" contest. Or post movie sibling rivalry where kids are arguing who's gonna be Dumb or Dumber.

"No, I'm dumber!"

:dizzy:

that 'women aren't as smart as men' then it deserves to be called out for the horse excrement it is.

NOWADAYS when all our men and boys are being poisoned with strontium and other estrogenic influences, one would expect girlier boys. Less intelligent boys. Sicker boys.

Who knows if we'll get the truth now.

Where it comes to intellect there isn't a 'superior gender' by way of. I hope that clears it up.

Glad you agree.

Men are less susceptible to cancer from radiation, too, btw. :idunno:

Arthur Brain

Are males inferior because their brains are less well shielded from toxins and insults?

Are they inferior because they die more frequently in a polluted or deficient womb?

I don't mind if males were smarter. I think that's what nature intended. But this society is poisoning male brains and it's a miracle you can think at all.

A lot of this smacks of paranoia frankly. Is your argument that males were smarter until all their minds were poisoned. Pretty feeble position if so.

Then the misandrists come out of the woodwork. Even if it's not really a mysogynist, sometimes.

It's almost like a "who's the biggest bigot" contest. Or post movie sibling rivalry where kids are arguing who's gonna be Dumb or Dumber.

"No, I'm dumber!"

:dizzy:

It isn't misandry to counter misogynists and that's exactly what Yorzhik is. This isn't the first time he's wrote a load of insipid ignorant crap that puts women down.

NOWADAYS when all our men and boys are being poisoned with strontium and other estrogenic influences, one would expect girlier boys. Less intelligent boys. Sicker boys.

Who knows if we'll get the truth now.

Look, if I want to read a conspiracy thread then I'll click on one of Nazaroos thanks...

Glad you agree.
Men are less susceptible to cancer from radiation, too, btw. :idunno:

Agree with what?

1PeaceMaker

What 'public forum' was this and what was the vote about?

Technically a privately owned public forum where the court of public opinion plays out and participants get to express their minds and vote their opinions to the online world.

The vote I speak of is protected by the first amendment.

In his home she could publicly express herself.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Here is an unbiased source that discusses real issues including the failure that teens set themselves up for by marrying so young.

How common is divorce and what are the reasons?

From the article:

Young age. Marriage at a very young age increases the likelihood of divorce, especially in the early years of marriage. Those who marry in their teens have much higher divorce rates. By about age 21 or 22, however, that risk goes down dramatically.

CabinetMaker

Member of the 10 year club on TOL!!
Hall of Fame
Not quite. I realize this comment is too smart for you, but for others reading; stupid comments can only be met with Proverbs 26:5 because I don't want you to become proud.

I suppose you think this makes you clever. Okay. You continue on in your chauvinistic ways.

For the rest of the folks here, Yorzhic and Elo, who agrees with all that Y says, clearly demonstrate the risk of an older man marrying a much younger woman. The older man can easily manipulate the younger woman to make her believe that she is not smart enough, rational enough or in any way prepared to face life without complete reliance on her husband. I do not for one minute believe that this is what God intended for women when he created her from Adam's rib.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Not quite. I realize this comment is too smart for you, but for others reading; stupid comments can only be met with Proverbs 26:5 because I don't want you to become proud.
Calling a brother in Christ a fool is just such a great way to take the moral highground, Yor. . . :plain:

As to intelligence, I'm saddened by reading any woman suggest that nature intended men to be more intelligent. There's no reason to suggest it. What the data is suggesting is that ability is closely tied to environment and opportunity. Men and women are different, superiority needn't enter into the discussion.

elohiym

I agree. Men, too, should think that way about being fathers. Can any man on this thread claim a greater purpose for his life than procreation, fatherhood and husbandry?

The Great Commission.

Procreation, fatherhood and husbandry are integral to the commission and there is no commission without human procreation. There is no greater purpose for man and no greater work of God than procreation.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I suppose you think this makes you clever. Okay. You continue on in your chauvinistic ways.

For the rest of the folks here, Yorzhic and Elo, who agrees with all that Y says, clearly demonstrate the risk of an older man marrying a much younger woman. The older man can easily manipulate the younger woman to make her believe that she is not smart enough, rational enough or in any way prepared to face life without complete reliance on her husband.

Indeed ... that sums up this thread rather well. Older men. Younger women. Easily manipulated. Complete reliance. Men won't marry. Independent women.

Yorzhik

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Calling a brother in Christ a fool is just such a great way to take the moral highground, Yor. . . :plain:
I'm only calling him a fool because he's acting like one. His reading comprehension is good enough that he has no excuse for the misreading he's exhibited. For instance, his claim that "clearly demonstrate the risk of an older man marrying a much younger woman." is what I'm talking about would be, you'd have to agree, so far off the mark that he should be embarrassed.

As to intelligence, I'm saddened by reading any woman suggest that nature intended men to be more intelligent. There's no reason to suggest it. What the data is suggesting is that ability is closely tied to environment and opportunity.
Actually there is some interesting study on this. Wiki lists some here, to wit: I'm not bringing up race, but I am bringing up human potential. When blacks raised in white culture are tested, their IQ's align closer with whites. Again, I'm not saying there is a difference between blacks and whites genetically, but I'm confirming your statement that environment and opportunity are more important to IQ than genetics in general.

Men and women are different, superiority needn't enter into the discussion.
Your claim that I'm saying men are superior is unfounded. Just because men are smarter/stronger/faster doesn't make them superior except in those narrow measures. Women have other measures, that I've mentioned, that they are better at. What decides if one person is superior to another is a measure of character, not physical or mental abilities. Which sex does the right thing more than the other? It would depend on a lot of factors that over the whole world would even out. Which means I don't view one sex superior to the other. Now, it's obvious that men are stronger and faster, but the real claim you have a problem with is that I say men are smarter.

The reason men are smarter than women is because women prefer it that way. Women prefer their men be smarter than themselves, so they focus on other things than IQ. Men know a woman will not accept his advances if he isn't smarter than her, so he focuses on being smart.

But we've done some horrible things to subvert this natural order by the laws we've created in the US. It's too bad, because both men and women would be happier and society would be more able to provide a comfortable life for more people if it were not so.

And the end game? It's death. That's what the spirit of the age is accomplishing by destroying relationships and making childbirth a bad idea - death to humanity, one culture at a time.

elohiym

Indeed ... that sums up this thread rather well.

His post was illogical, fallacious and defamatory.

Older men. Younger women. Easily manipulated.

Why are young woman easily manipulated by older men? You are implying a gender weakness.

Complete reliance.

A husband and wife have complete reliance on each other. A child is completely reliant on their complete reliance.

Men won't marry. Independent women.

Nonsense. Independent women have a smaller pool of men to choose from, and fewer men are responding to price, which is an enigma to economists.

1PeaceMaker

I'm saddened by reading any woman suggest that nature intended men to be more intelligent.

Are you saddened that I promote the idea that your brains and intelligence are more easily damaged than mine in a polluted world?

If you start with a better calculator does that make you actually superior?

Because if it did, you'd be a eugenicist and I'd be inferior by way of another limitation than my sex. So what if some types of people are smarter or have advantages others don't? Does it make them superior?

There's no reason to suggest it.

Is there a reason to suggest you have a lower empathy quotient as a man than a woman, on average? (EQ)

What the data is suggesting is that ability is closely tied to environment and opportunity.

Is it fair to say that when some of us can't control things that limit the way we use our brains? And if it is true, then certainly you can argue for a suitable, enriching environment that levels the playing field for young married couples and parents.

Men and women are different, superiority needn't enter into the discussion.
Women have a higher EQ than men. Does that make us superior to you? Is it wrong for me to point that fact out?

Am I now a misandrist?

elohiym

To those making the pre-frontal cortex argument:

What are the qualifications for marriage? List them. Relate them to the development of the pre-frontal cortex.