Why men won't marry you

CabinetMaker

Member of the 10 year club on TOL!!
Hall of Fame
No need to do that. He can use his very own definition.
SO that you can change things up after he says something? No, better to get it defined first.

My wife is a pharmacist. Men are pharmacists. Therefore, my wife is at least as smart as men. There are men who flunked out of pharmacy school therefore my wife is smarter than some men. Do you agree?

1PeaceMaker

He saying that without a man the average woman can't accomplish much of anything.

Without a woman the average man can't accomplish much of anything, either.

He is saying that woman should go find a man and get pregnant because that is all they are good for.

That's a perverse reading of his intent.

You can put any spin on it you wish but what he said is disgusting to me. And my wife. And my daughters.

Because you would have been mostly avoiding that blessing in your life. Using birth control, in other words, has made you feel defensive of your choices.

1PeaceMaker

SO that you can change things up after he says something? No, better to get it defined first.

Not possible; it's already his word. Anything he says is smart, goes. Nothing would change in my argument.

My wife is a pharmacist. Men are pharmacists. Therefore, my wife is at least as smart as men. There are men who flunked out of pharmacy school therefore my wife is smarter than some men. Do you agree?

You mean your wife is as smart as other men who can do the same job? I don't doubt she does as good/bad a job as other men who do the same things. Yes, your wife, in at least one sense is smarter than some men.

Do you think all men who flunked are less intelligent than your wife?

Do you really think that women (on average) are smarter than men (on average)? Why?

CabinetMaker

Hall of Fame
Without a woman the average man can't accomplish much of anything, either.
I agree that together we are greater than we are apart.

That's a perverse reading of his intent.
I don't think so at all.

Because you would have been mostly avoiding that blessing in your life. Using birth control, in other words, has made you feel defensive of your choices.
I have nothing to feel defensive about. God has richly blessed our life together in many ways. I am thankful for my life.

1PeaceMaker

I agree that together we are greater than we are apart.

That's not agreeing with me, though, right?

I don't think so at all.

Weak defense of your assertion.

I have nothing to feel defensive about. God has richly blessed our life together in many ways. I am thankful for my life.

Sure. You have to defend your choice to use your marriage for yourselves while avoiding childbearing.

Did you avoid childbearing because of ill health or convenience? Did God tell you to do it or close her womb for you?

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Sure. You have to defend your choice to use your marriage for yourselves while avoiding childbearing.

It's remarkable that you would even state that is something that needs defending.

Did you avoid childbearing because of ill health or convenience? Did God tell you to do it or close her womb for you?

Way to insert yourself into relationships and choices that are none of your business.

No doubt CM and many other intelligent men do not see the only need/use for women as bearing children.

1PeaceMaker

It's remarkable that you would even state that is something that needs defending.

Trying to distract me from post #1083?

Believers who understand that there are only a few laborers for a giant harvest, where the gospel has not gone out into the whole world, know that having believing children to labor for Christ is such a high priority they would have to defend choosing otherwise.

The last religion to devalue children is now dead. (see: the Shaker religion)

Way to insert yourself into relationships and choices that are none of your business.

I'm not part of his choice, so I can't be inserted. His choice is made. Long over.

Just replace the word birth control for abortion and maybe you might have a shot at understanding me.

No doubt CM and many other intelligent men do not see the only need/use for women as bearing children.

He doesn't see the need at all from the way he talks. He must think God has all the souls he wants, already or something.

If you are a woman, the only reason you are is so you can use your womanliness for the glory of God. Otherwise you would have been born a man or a hermaphrodite - or perhaps a spirit-being or asexual angel.

CabinetMaker

Hall of Fame
Not possible; it's already his word. Anything he says is smart, goes. Nothing would change in my argument.

You mean your wife is as smart as other men who can do the same job? I don't doubt she does as good/bad a job as other men who do the same things. Yes, your wife, in at least one sense is smarter than some men.

Do you think all men who flunked are less intelligent than your wife?

Do you really think that women (on average) are smarter than men (on average)? Why?

There are many reasons people flunk, "smarts" is but one. I must also point out that you are one again subtlety altering the meaning of words to bolster your position.

On average, I think men and women possess the same degree of intelligence. I think that because I don't fir one second belive that God created Eve inferior to Adam in any way.

CabinetMaker

Hall of Fame
That's not agreeing with me, though, right?
I stated what I agree with.

Weak defense of your assertion.
His statement dorks fir itself. One only need read it.
While "dorks fir" is highly amusing and reasonably accurate, it should have said, "speaks for". That us what I get for swiping on the bus.

Having two children is avoiding child bearing. Got ya.

We are free in Christ to plan our life so we did. We made choices based on the fact that there is more to having children than pumping out babies. We wanted to raise them with many experiences in life. Good seems to have honored that choice.

Last edited:

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Trying to distract me from post #1083?

Goodness no. You are free to ramble on about it all day and night.

Believers who understand that there are only a few laborers for a giant harvest, where the gospel has not gone out into the whole world, know that having believing children to labor for Christ is such a high priority they would have to defend choosing otherwise.

You mean those who agree with you. If someone with 6, 8, 10, etc. children is incapable of financially providing for their children as compared to someone who provides above and beyond for their child, which parent is giving superior care?

The last religion to devalue children is now dead. (see: the Shaker religion)

No thank you ... I understand perfectly well what it means to value children.

I'm not part of his choice, so I can't be inserted. His choice is made. Long over.

And yet you inserted your unwarranted, judgmental opinion into something that has nothing to do with you.

Just replace the word birth control for abortion and maybe you might have a shot at understanding me.

Nope. The two are only interchangeable in your mind.

He doesn't see the need at all from the way he talks. He must think God has all the souls he wants, already or something.

OR ... perhaps he just has a mature and realistic understanding attitude in regards to relationships, wisdom and physical ability.

If you are a woman, the only reason you are is so you can use your womanliness for the glory of God. Otherwise you would have been born a man or a hermaphrodite - or perhaps a spirit-being or asexual angel.

And the scattered reasoning continues ...

BOLCATS

BANNED
Banned
J. Philippe Rushton, a psychologist at the University of Western Ontario, Canada did a study on the comparative intelligence of men and women. Here is what he had to say in an interview in 2006 regarding his study:
While Rushton called his results significant, he doesn't think they are a basis for uprooting the field of education.
"I don't think it has any real implications for education policy or schoolwork," he said. "In fact, females actually get better grades than males.”
Plus, he doesn't think the IQ difference would show up in everyday activities. "For the vast majority of people in the vast majority of jobs, it really doesn't translate into very much," he said.
But when it comes to Nobel Prize winners, he said that men could outnumber women 10-to-1. "Where it will really show up is at the very high end of the distribution," Rushton said.

Last edited:

BOLCATS

BANNED
Banned
On to irrationality. To the extent a person is driven by emotion and hormones, the more irrational their thinking becomes. From what I have read, women are controlled more often than men by emotions. But this appears to be a social construct more than something inate. There is one week out of the month where hormones can cause problems in premenopausal women. All of this together can make a case that women are usually the more irrational gender.

Arthur Brain

Brains don't impress me. The mind does. Stupid is as stupid does.

I am an anomaly. I may be smarter than the average male, since I think the average male is 105 and I'm.... it's not important. But smarts are a limited value kind of thing. And though I may be smarter in some ways, I think I have such a different experience than most men that I could respect their intelligence and experience even if the IQ was less than 100.

You didn't answer the question. Do you think that women in general are less smart than men?

Arthur Brain

You have him confused with someone else, like Truster, maybe?

Truster's a nut IMO too but no, I don't have Yorhzik confused with him or anybody else. He's a misogynistic moron and a complete patriarchal crank. He's probably still upset about the day women were allowed to vote...

:plain:

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

Like you are doing in this post, you hypocrite heathen. You should not even participate if you were to stay out of their business.